Has anyone worked with dropship/wholesale providers?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '04        #21
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
Sold electronics for a while on ebay...made about $700 net profit average a week. Best week was $1400.

I didn't use the dropshipping service though...in my opinion, on ebay it ain't worth it. Actually I know for a fact it aint worth it cause my electronics were from the biggest distributors in the US and with the competition on ebay, you make VERY little profit. So if I actually used the dropshipping service (costs a few dollars an item), I wouldn't make s**t. Yes profit was only a few dollars an item. That's the problem with selling brand new s**t...profit percentage is very low if you're getting your items brand new from a supplier. I was selling brand name 100% brand new s**t.

Now if you can get your hands on refurbished things...that's a different story. You can make money off that even with dropshipping. Unfortunately I haven't found a good distributor that sells refurbished electronics.

My plan is to get the business up and running again...my distributor relocated making the way I ran my business impossible so I need to do it a different way that requires money. When I started it, all I had was $250. Now I need maybe $5,000 to start it.
 7 years ago '04        #22
deziking 81 heat pts81 OP
space
space
$19,564 | Props total: 5231 5231
 123456 said:
Sold electronics for a while on ebay...made about $700 net profit average a week. Best week was $1400.

I didn't use the dropshipping service though...in my opinion, on ebay it ain't worth it. Actually I know for a fact it aint worth it cause my electronics were from the biggest distributors in the US and with the competition on ebay, you make VERY little profit. So if I actually used the dropshipping service (costs a few dollars an item), I wouldn't make s**t. Yes profit was only a few dollars an item. That's the problem with selling brand new s**t...profit percentage is very low if you're getting your items brand new from a supplier. I was selling brand name 100% brand new s**t.

Now if you can get your hands on refurbished things...that's a different story. You can make money off that even with dropshipping. Unfortunately I haven't found a good distributor that sells refurbished electronics.

My plan is to get the business up and running again...my distributor relocated making the way I ran my business impossible so I need to do it a different way that requires money. When I started it, all I had was $250. Now I need maybe $5,000 to start it.
Nice man Do you also have a website? Also when you do the listing on ebay you just let the bid and then just talk to your wholsale company and have it shipped from there warehouse? Because when I was at the temp job they actually did their own shipping by UPS of course and usps because they already had space to store all the dvds and s**ts(dvdoverseas.com)
 7 years ago '07        #23
J$iMZ 1 heat pts
space
space
$321 | Props total: 13 13
Here is another business venture you could look into pursuing, if you think you're capable of refurbishing branded electronics on your own. Here is a apple iphone refurbishing video tutorial from youtube below.

You can purchase wholesale lots on ebay or from a reverse logistics distributor for store returned branded electronics that need repairing. Refurbish the product and then turn around and sell them on ebay or your own website for a respectable profit. If you're buying the replacement parts from a genuine manufacturer or wholesale distributor, the price for the parts would be very cheap.

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by J$iMZ; 07-02-2010 at 12:38 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #24
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 deziking said:
Nice man Do you also have a website? Also when you do the listing on ebay you just let the bid and then just talk to your wholsale company and have it shipped from there warehouse? Because when I was at the temp job they actually did their own shipping by UPS of course and usps because they already had space to store all the dvds and s**ts(dvdoverseas.com)
I didn't have my own website...planned on it but with the way I was doing the business, it would of been difficult and ended up being impossible when the company moved.

What you said is basically what dropshipping is. When someone buys the item, have the warehouse ship it but I didn't do that cause they charge a few dollars for each item shipped. Like I said, profit percentage is very low on ebay so that few dollars would bring my profit way down. I'd say on average, I made about $4 on each item that I sold that was under $75. The money adds up when you sell 50 a day though. Basically what I did was this: I didn't have stock 90% of the time. I'd list the item on ebay and when it was sold, I'd go pick it up from my supplier. That's why I stopped the business...I never thought the company would relocate outta nowhere like that . That was my mistake though of not saving up enough and getting actual inventory for myself.

So if I had my own website, it would be hard to keep track of inventory from my supplier since I didn't physically have most of the products. I spent about 3 months trying to figure out how to do it and almost got it but like I said, they ended up moving. Now I just gotta save up money and do it the right way and buy a lot of s**t and keep it in stock. This requires a few grand though.

IMO, the winners on ebay are the ipod sellers. If I had my hand on ipods, I would seriously make about $10,000 profit a month.

Last edited by 123456; 07-02-2010 at 12:58 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #25
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1472 1472
 J$iMZ said:
Here is another business venture you could look into pursuing, if you think you're capable of refurbishing branded electronics on your own. Here is a apple iphone refurbishing video tutorial from youtube below.

You can purchase wholesale lots on ebay or from a reverse logistics distributor for store returned branded electronics that need repairing. Refurbish the product and then turn around and sell them on ebay or your own website for a respectable profit. If you're buying the replacement parts from a genuine manufacturer or wholesale distributor, the price for the parts would be very cheap.

[pic - click to view]

jsimz just hooked u up with the perfect plan... easy a.ss business... very low start up... no dba if your doing it on ebay... even if u didn't want to fix them just make a deal with a local guy who knows how to fix phones... tell him u will bring him parts and so many phones a week for a given rate... u do that with pretty much any iphone, and other smartphones u can make an easy k!lling.... either that or start a tent, tv mounts or metal detectors website I promise u these products are extremely profitable, anywhere from 20-30 bucks each item sold....
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy