Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum | Fedor loses - taps 1:09 into 1st round

most viewed right now
 50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA ALL Nike "City" Uniforms Leaked via 2K
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Video inside Boxden NY will be upset! Cardi B bought offset a wraith. Let the hate b..
10 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #21
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
$14,584 | Props total: 1341 1341
 kaboose said:
n*ggas are crazy up in here

You know me, man. We already don't get enough action in this section as it is. I'd rather sit and debate about MMA f!ghters all day, than slosh through countless Kobe/MJ/Lebron threads.
 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM         #22
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
I don't know, man.

People have been checking for this f!ght for years, bro.

Both f!ghters are title holders and consensus top f!ghters in the HW division outside of the UFC.

Also, it may not do the numbers that it should because it's not the UFC, which is obviously the largest and most recognizable MMA brand.

Let me ask you this...if both f!ghters were at the same point in their careers now, except they're both in the UFC, does that then make this a "superf!ght"?
No overreem is not a top 5 hw..I'm not a ufc fanboy by any stretch but this isn't a superf!ght...fedor will be a heavy favorite...the only super f!ght left for fedor would vs a ufc hw champ other than that it will be seen as a f!ght he should easily win. Super f!ghts are usually f!ghts between p4p elites.
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '04        #23
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,916 | Props total: 0 0
 Reppindaburghh said:
Cung Le will dominate.
He got beat his last f!ght against Scott Smith, even if he was "dominating" before the TKO.
 7 years ago '05        #24
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
No overreem is not a top 5 hw..I'm not a ufc fanboy by any stretch but this isn't a superf!ght...fedor will be a heavy favorite...the only super f!ght left for fedor would vs a ufc hw champ other than that it will be seen as a f!ght he should easily win. Super f!ghts are usually f!ghts between p4p elites.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like we're going to agree to disagree on this one, then.

I also don't agree with this being seen as an "easy f!ght" for Fedor, either. MMA purists would have a field day analyzing this one.

You say that the only superf!ght left for Fedor would be versus a UFC HW, but you didn't name any names, so I'm a.ssuming you mean whoever is the current title holder. My question still remains. What if Overeem went to the UFC and beasted the HW division? Then what?

I do somewhat agree with you on the "p4p elites" statement, though. GSP/Silva & Penn/Aldo would both be EPIC f!ghts, but I don't think anyone is dying to throw Jake Shields into any of these conversations, though, .
 7 years ago '05        #25
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,447 | Props total: 7088 7088
 T_Buck said:
He got beat his last f!ght against Scott Smith, even if he was "dominating" before the TKO.
I know this. But he will dominate Healy.
 06-22-2010, 03:29 PM         #26
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
Sounds like we're going to agree to disagree on this one, then.

I also don't agree with this being seen as an "easy f!ght" for Fedor, either. MMA purists would have a field day analyzing this one.

You say that the only superf!ght left for Fedor would be versus a UFC HW, but you didn't name any names, so I'm a.ssuming you mean whoever is the current title holder. My question still remains. What if Overeem went to the UFC and beasted the HW division? Then what?

I do somewhat agree with you on the "p4p elites" statement, though. GSP/Silva & Penn/Aldo would both be EPIC f!ghts, but I don't think anyone is dying to throw Jake Shields into any of these conversations, though, .
Well IF overeem did that than ya but he wouldn't..he wouldn't beat brock carwin cain or dos santos. I'm not even sure if he could beat mir. U gotta remember overeem is the same dude who was gettin beat at lhw. I'm not sold on him, beating rodgers didn't change my opinion on him bein overrated. And when I'm talkin p4p elite I'm talking top 10. Shields isn't top 10.
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '05        #27
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
Well IF overeem did that than ya but he wouldn't..he wouldn't beat brock carwin cain or dos santos. I'm not even sure if he could beat mir. U gotta remember overeem is the same dude who was gettin beat at lhw. I'm not sold on him, beating rodgers didn't change my opinion on him bein overrated. And when I'm talkin p4p elite I'm talking top 10. Shields isn't top 10.
Posted via Mobile Device
Damn, bro. You've got some seriously high standards. I've accepted the fact that you don't think Overeem is a top 5 heavyweight. Fine.

But now you're saying Shields isn't a top 10 p4p f!ghter? We must watch MMA completely different from one another. That man hasn't lost a f!ght since 2004 (14 straight W's, 8 finishes) and is a natural WW competing @ MW to get better f!ghts.

He's beaten Yushin Okami, Carlos Condit, Paul Daley, Robbie Lawler, and I'm sure you saw how he controlled Hendo after almost being knocked silly in the 1st round by Hendo's infamous big Right hand.

I'm not a Jake Shields fan at all, but you've got to recognize this dude's skill, even if you don't like his style.
 7 years ago '08        #28
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,408 | Props total: 422 422
I hate looking past opponents but I wouldn't call Fedor/Overeem a Super f!ght. A big one yeah. GSP/Penn, Liddell/Silva, and maybe one day GSP/Silva I would call Superf!ghts. If Fedor beats Werdum & Overeem and Brock keeps his belt than I would call Fedor/Brock a superf!ght

+Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan GSP/Shields is a Superf!ght

T_Buck said:
Ring rust is real. Le is gonna come out kicking and with a win

JoeyTheGod said:
And when I'm talkin p4p elite I'm talking top 10. Shields isn't top 10.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by AnyGiven; 06-22-2010 at 03:51 PM..
 06-22-2010, 03:52 PM         #29
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
After goin over a list u can prolly slide in jake in the top 10 due to penns lose and a silva running through all the other mws and same with gsp.
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '05        #30
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
 AnyGiven said:
I hate looking past opponents but I wouldn't call Fedor/Overeem a Super f!ght. A big one yeah. GSP/Penn, Liddell/Silva, and maybe one day GSP/Silva I would call Superf!ghts. If Fedor beats Werdum & Overeem and Brock keeps his belt than I would call Fedor/Brock a superf!ght

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan GSP/Shields is a Superf!ght

Ring rust is real. Le is gonna come out kicking and with a win

I hear you, man. Sounds like this is a dividing issue. I didn't know me considering this a superf!ght would cause so much dissension, haha. Anyhow, I'm really excited for this a.ssuming that Fedor gets by Werdum.

And I'm sure Dana is chomping at the bit to throw Shields in the cage against GSP in his first UFC f!ght, . That'd be a wrestle-fest for the ages.
 7 years ago '05        #31
space
space
Rank f!ghter Points Received
#1 Georges St. Pierre
18.92%

#2 Anderson Silva
18.50%

#3 Fedor Emelianenko
17.17%

#4 Mauricio Rua
10.64%

#5 Jose Aldo
10.32%

#6 BJ Penn
9.67%

#7 Lyoto Machida
5.32%

#8 Frankie Edgar
4.21%

#9 Jake Shields
2.97%

#10 Brock Lesnar
2.28%

Honorable mentions: Jon Fitch, Dominick Cruz, Cain Velasquez
 06-22-2010, 04:28 PM         #32
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Rank f!ghter Points Received
#1 Georges St. Pierre
18.92%

#2 Anderson Silva
18.50%

#3 Fedor Emelianenko
17.17%

#4 Mauricio Rua
10.64%

#5 Jose Aldo
10.32%

#6 BJ Penn
9.67%

#7 Lyoto Machida
5.32%

#8 Frankie Edgar
4.21%

#9 Jake Shields
2.97%

#10 Brock Lesnar
2.28%

Honorable mentions: Jon Fitch, Dominick Cruz, Cain Velasquez
Gsp is my fqavorite f!ghter but I have no idea how anyone can rank him above anderson let alone fedor. I'd have fitch on there over brock as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '05        #33
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
Mir/Nog? No. Lesnar was the next big thing in MMA, and both of his f!ghts with Mir generated WAY more interest than Mir's f!ghts with Nog.

Machida/Shogun II is debatable. For the most part, I think we can agree there.

Rashad/Rampage? No. There was nothing at stake. No title on the line, and Rampage was coming back from a 15-month layoff.

Carwin/Mir? No. Although this was for the "Interim" title, it didn't garner the same level of interest that a Fedor/Overeem f!ght would, in my opinion.

And how do you figure that Overeem isn't a top 5 heavyweight? If he's not, he's top 6.

*Fedor
*Lesnar
*Carwin (simply because of the fact that he's the #1 HW contender in the UFC)
*maybe Cain/Dos Santos although you could argue for placing Alistair here.

He just destroyed Brett Rogers, who was giving Fedor all he could handle until he got his face knocked into the 3rd row.

He's got the best striking in all of the HW division, he's got a solid ground game, and enough size to deal with the monsters that have to cut weight to make 265.

He's the Strikeforce HW champion, and given the fact that Fedor is known to casual and hardcore fans, whereas Overeem is known mainly to the MMA/K-1 purists, this f!ght has the potential to generate a ton of $ from both crowds.

It's the best f!ght for either f!ghter that doesn't involve the UFC. People have been clamoring for this f!ght since Alistair took the belt from Buentello back in '07.

I don't know whether to take your response serious or not.

@ Fedor being a "joke." "Hype" is relative & subjective. Ask any MMA fan who they'd want to see f!ght in the HW division, and I guarantee you their first response will be Fedor and either Lesnar, or Overeem.

And sure, Alistair did some can crushing in Japan for a bit, but that's because he was f!ghting K-1 at the same time, where he was f!ghting the BEST OF THE BEST (Bonjasky, Aerts, Hari x2) that K-1 had to offer.
He's(Fedor) f!ghting all these dudes who are bums or bums who couldnt last in the UFC c'mon who has he fought lately?? Sylvia = Washed, Andrei = Washed, Rogers = Trash, I mean he was great in Pride but so was Wanderlei, Coleman, Cro-Cop, and etc to name a few and its safe to say they are washed too, He had the chance to make MORE MONEY & face THE BETTER COMP in the UFC and he ran out the backdoor C'mon if u really into MMA u kno I'm right look at the HW Division in UFC, Carwin, Lesnar, Dos Santos, Cain, Mir C'mon 7 of the so called top 10 heavyweights in the world are in the UFC Until he goes to the UFC and clean shop or beat top tier comp he aint s**t to me but a f!ghter living off his pride glory days. Thats like Andersen Silva being praised as the greatest middleweight but he never fought Franklin, Hendo, Marquardt, Maia, Cote, and etc, Fedor a man playing wit boys right now he needs to go to the big leagues or his legacy wont mean s**t when he hangs it up, Strikeforce is a Joke too I just watch cuz I love MMA and to see who needs to hit the UFC basically I watch it like a scouting report

As far as Overeem He's fought a lot of big names but he is overated and he wouldnt last in the UFC, Strikeforce doesnt have a real heavyweight division thats why I cant take no heavyweight that f!ghts in it seriously how can the damn heavyweight belt not be defended in damn near 3 years????
 7 years ago '05        #34
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
Gsp is my fqavorite f!ghter but I have no idea how anyone can rank him above anderson let alone fedor. I'd have fitch on there over brock as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Silva and GSP>>>>Fedor.

Fedor is scared to f!ght real competition, man. He hand-picks his f!ghts and turns down f!ghts against people he is uncomfortable f!ghting. Folks in the UFC f!ght whoever Dana tells them to f!ght, no questions asked.
 7 years ago '05        #35
Basicgz 
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
@ fedor being a joke....don't discuss mma anymore..
Posted via Mobile Device
So he's the best???? Ummmmmmmm.........not quite.......wake me up when he's in the UFC f!ghting real competition until then I dont wanna hear how he's the best he's the only f!ghter I have a problem with being on the top 10 pound for pound list, even Sheilds has faced better opponents lately and thats the truth
 06-22-2010, 04:37 PM         #36
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Silva and GSP>>>>Fedor.

Fedor is scared to f!ght real competition, man. He hand-picks his f!ghts and turns down f!ghts against people he is uncomfortable f!ghting. Folks in the UFC f!ght whoever Dana tells them to f!ght, no questions asked.
U mustve missed the entire pride era. And no folks in the ufc do not listen to dana. Dana can not make anyone f!ght. Silva has said he won't f!ght machida. Fitch said hed moveup before f!ghting koscheck etc. Dana has yall gassed up for real...their is noone in the ufc who can fuk with fedors track record. He is the greatest mma f!ghter in history.
Posted via Mobile Device
 06-22-2010, 04:39 PM         #37
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Basicgz said:
So he's the best???? Ummmmmmmm.........not quite.......wake me up when he's in the UFC f!ghting real competition until then I dont wanna hear how he's the best he's the only f!ghter I have a problem with being on the top 10 pound for pound list, even Sheilds has faced better opponents lately and thats the truth
So ur saying of his 30+ pro f!ghts he hasn't fought real comp? Even tho when he was dominating pride their hws>>>>>>ufcs?
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '05        #38
Basicgz 
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Silva and GSP>>>>Fedor.

Thank You I been sayin this ever since he came to Strikeforce dude is retarded for real!!! does he know how much money he would make if he went to UFC I think if he was winning and champion in the UFC I believe he would be the richest man in MMA history, people are obsessed with him and he doesnt f!ght on huge platforms, so just imagine if he had the marketing machine of the UFC behind him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 7 years ago '06        #39
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2284 2284
Fedor via 1st rd KO

Cung Le via 2nd rd TKO
 7 years ago '05        #40
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Basicgz said:
He's(Fedor) f!ghting all these dudes who are bums or bums who couldnt last in the UFC c'mon who has he fought lately?? Sylvia = Washed, Andrei = Washed, Rogers = Trash, I mean he was great in Pride but so was Wanderlei, Coleman, Cro-Cop, and etc to name a few and its safe to say they are washed too, He had the chance to make MORE MONEY & face THE BETTER COMP in the UFC and he ran out the backdoor C'mon if u really into MMA u kno I'm right look at the HW Division in UFC, Carwin, Lesnar, Dos Santos, Cain, Mir C'mon 7 of the so called top 10 heavyweights in the world are in the UFC Until he goes to the UFC and clean shop or beat top tier comp he aint s**t to me but a f!ghter living off his pride glory days. Thats like Andersen Silva being praised as the greatest middleweight but he never fought Franklin, Hendo, Marquardt, Maia, Cote, and etc, Fedor a man playing wit boys right now he needs to go to the big leagues or his legacy wont mean s**t when he hangs it up, Strikeforce is a Joke too I just watch cuz I love MMA and to see who needs to hit the UFC basically I watch it like a scouting report

As far as Overeem He's fought a lot of big names but he is overated and he wouldnt last in the UFC, Strikeforce doesnt have a real heavyweight division thats why I cant take no heavyweight that f!ghts in it seriously how can the damn heavyweight belt not be defended in damn near 3 years????
Okay, I can see your reasoning.

But...When Fedor fought Tim Sylvia, Tim Sylvia was relevant (I know, right?). He'd just lost the title to Randy, and was coming off of a win over Brandon Vera. When Fedor fought Arlovski, he was on a five f!ght win streak (which included Werdum), and he had just KO'ed Roy Nelson. I agree that Arlovski, may have been a little over-rated at this point, but that's who they put in front of Fedor, so he just did his job.

I do agree with you about MOST of the top HW's being in the UFC as well. It's not really Fedor's fault that he's not in the UFC; it's those M-1 Global f**kers that manage him. They know that once Fedor loses, their leverage in negotiating his contracts for f!ghts is GONE. Now that they don't manage Mousasi anymore, they're REALLY trying to milk for Fedor everything he's worth now.

As far as Overeem and the UFC is concerned, I think he would be right in the mix of things if he went in the next few years. He'd immediately be the best striker in the division, and one of the more well-rounded f!ghters as well.

I don't know if we'll ever see him in the UFC (at least in his prime), considering that he also likes to f!ght K-1, and signing a UFC contract would bar him from doing so.

Last edited by reasonable; 06-22-2010 at 04:43 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
59 comments
1 day ago