Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum | Fedor loses - taps 1:09 into 1st round

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #1
10262 pageviews
369 comments

Windigo 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,656 | Props total: 1114 1114
Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum | Fedor loses - taps 1:09 into 1st round

[video - click to view]

Date: Jun 26, 2010
Venue: HP Pavilion
Broadcast: Showtime

MAIN CARD
•Fedor Emelianenko vs. Fabricio Werdum
•Champion Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos vs. Jan Finney (for women's middleweight title)
•Cung Le vs. Scott Smith
•Pat Healy vs. Josh Thomson

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)
•Ron Keslar vs. Magomed Shikshabekov*

[pic - click to view]

Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum - Events | MMAjunkie.com

who yall got in this

369 comments for "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum | Fedor loses - taps 1:09 into 1st round"

7 years ago '09        #2
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
fedor will dead him
 7 years ago '05        #3
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
$14,581 | Props total: 1341 1341
That Cung Le/Scott Smith f!ght should be a good one.

On top of that, I hope Fedor wins so that way he has no choice but to f!ght Overeem, which will be the first real superf!ght that MMA fans have had in a long time.
 7 years ago '08        #4
kaboose 
space
space
$624 | Props total: 1 1
Fedor
Cyborg
Le
Healy

:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '07        #5
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
this fedor/ werdum f!ght is a waste of f**king time.
 06-22-2010, 12:15 PM         #6
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
That Cung Le/Scott Smith f!ght should be a good one.

On top of that, I hope Fedor wins so that way he has no choice but to f!ght Overeem, which will be the first real superf!ght that MMA fans have had in a long time.
Fedor vs overeem isn't a huge super f!ght...theirs been bigger f!ghts recently.
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '05        #7
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
Fedor vs overeem isn't a huge super f!ght...theirs been bigger f!ghts recently.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fedor vs. Overeem isn't a superf!ght?!?

Your standards must be EXTREMELY high, dude.

Please name me a f!ght since Lesnar/Mir, Penn/GSP (I & II), GSP/Hughes (I & II), Penn/Hughes, that would be considered a bigger f!ght than Fedor/Overeem. Only 2 of those f!ghts happened in '09, so I don't know how much more "recently" you're talking.

Last edited by reasonable; 06-22-2010 at 12:55 PM..
 06-22-2010, 12:56 PM         #8
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:

Please name me a f!ght since Lesnar/Mir @ UFC 100 that would be considered a bigger f!ght than Fedor/Overeem.
In regards to what? Rankings, popularity? I can name mad f!ghts tell me what ur defintion is.
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '05        #9
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
In regards to what? Rankings, popularity? I can name mad f!ghts tell me what ur defintion is.
Posted via Mobile Device
Edited post above.
 06-22-2010, 01:49 PM         #10
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If mir and lesnar is a superf!ght so was mir nog...if those r superf!ghts to u than machida shogun 2, shad and page carwin mir are all superf!ghts. I don't see how overeem and fedor is a superf!ght. Overeem isn't even a top 5 hw.
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '05        #11
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:

Please name me a f!ght since Lesnar/Mir, Penn/GSP (I & II), GSP/Hughes (I & II), Penn/Hughes, that would be considered a bigger f!ght than Fedor/Overeem. Only 2 of those f!ghts happened in '09, so I don't know how much more "recently" you're talking.
Thats not a superf!ght at all I think Fedor a joke all together I dont buy into the hype like everyone else does I hope he retires win or lose, Overeem is a bum too stay overseas with those easy f!ghts & f!ghters
 7 years ago '05        #12
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
If mir and lesnar is a superf!ght so was mir nog...if those r superf!ghts to u than machida shogun 2, shad and page carwin mir are all superf!ghts. I don't see how overeem and fedor is a superf!ght. Overeem isn't even a top 5 hw.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mir/Nog? No. Lesnar was the next big thing in MMA, and both of his f!ghts with Mir generated WAY more interest than Mir's f!ghts with Nog.

Machida/Shogun II is debatable. For the most part, I think we can agree there.

Rashad/Rampage? No. There was nothing at stake. No title on the line, and Rampage was coming back from a 15-month layoff.

Carwin/Mir? No. Although this was for the "Interim" title, it didn't garner the same level of interest that a Fedor/Overeem f!ght would, in my opinion.

And how do you figure that Overeem isn't a top 5 heavyweight? If he's not, he's top 6.

*Fedor
*Lesnar
*Carwin (simply because of the fact that he's the #1 HW contender in the UFC)
*maybe Cain/Dos Santos although you could argue for placing Alistair here.

He just destroyed Brett Rogers, who was giving Fedor all he could handle until he got his face knocked into the 3rd row.

He's got the best striking in all of the HW division, he's got a solid ground game, and enough size to deal with the monsters that have to cut weight to make 265.

He's the Strikeforce HW champion, and given the fact that Fedor is known to casual and hardcore fans, whereas Overeem is known mainly to the MMA/K-1 purists, this f!ght has the potential to generate a ton of $ from both crowds.

It's the best f!ght for either f!ghter that doesn't involve the UFC. People have been clamoring for this f!ght since Alistair took the belt from Buentello back in '07.

Basicgz said:
Thats not a superf!ght at all I think Fedor a joke all together I dont buy into the hype like everyone else does I hope he retires win or lose, Overeem is a bum too stay overseas with those easy f!ghts & f!ghters
I don't know whether to take your response serious or not.

@ Fedor being a "joke." "Hype" is relative & subjective. Ask any MMA fan who they'd want to see f!ght in the HW division, and I guarantee you their first response will be Fedor and either Lesnar, or Overeem.

And sure, Alistair did some can crushing in Japan for a bit, but that's because he was f!ghting K-1 at the same time, where he was f!ghting the BEST OF THE BEST (Bonjasky, Aerts, Hari x2) that K-1 had to offer.

Last edited by reasonable; 06-22-2010 at 02:14 PM..
 06-22-2010, 02:12 PM         #13
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Basicgz said:
@ fedor being a joke....don't discuss mma anymore..
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '05        #14
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
@ fedor being a joke....don't discuss mma anymore..
Posted via Mobile Device
s**t, we commented on the same thing, .
 7 years ago '07        #15
Windigo 31 heat pts31 OP
space
space
$5,656 | Props total: 1114 1114

how is overeem vs fedor NOT a superf!ght
ive been jonesin for this f!ght a few years now

werdum is a can tho lol fedor is expected by the entire world to win this

cyborg is not gonna lose anytime soon

cung le better bring it this time

healy
 06-22-2010, 02:36 PM         #16
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
Mir/Nog? No. Lesnar was the next big thing in MMA, and both of his f!ghts with Mir generated WAY more interest than Mir's f!ghts with Nog.

Machida/Shogun II is debatable. For the most part, I think we can agree there.

Rashad/Rampage? No. There was nothing at stake. No title on the line, and Rampage was coming back from a 15-month layoff.

Carwin/Mir? No. Although this was for the "Interim" title, it didn't garner the same level of interest that a Fedor/Overeem f!ght would, in my opinion.

And how do you figure that Overeem isn't a top 5 heavyweight? If he's not, he's top 6.

*Fedor
*Lesnar
*Carwin (simply because of the fact that he's the #1 HW contender in the UFC)
*maybe Cain/Dos Santos although you could argue for placing Alistair here.

He just destroyed Brett Rogers, who was giving Fedor all he could handle until he got his face knocked into the 3rd row.

He's got the best striking in all of the HW division, he's got a solid ground game, and enough size to deal with the monsters that have to cut weight to make 265.

He's the Strikeforce HW champion, and given the fact that Fedor is known to casual and hardcore fans, whereas Overeem is known mainly to the MMA/K-1 purists, this f!ght has the potential to generate a ton of $ from both crowds.

It's the best f!ght for either f!ghter that doesn't involve the UFC. People have been clamoring for this f!ght since Alistair took the belt from Buentello back in '07.

I don't know whether to take your response serious or not.

@ Fedor being a "joke." "Hype" is relative & subjective. Ask any MMA fan who they'd want to see f!ght in the HW division, and I guarantee you their first response will be Fedor and either Lesnar, or Overeem.

And sure, Alistair did some can crushing in Japan for a bit, but that's because he was f!ghting K-1 at the same time, where he was f!ghting the BEST OF THE BEST (Bonjasky, Aerts, Hari x2) that K-1 had to offer.
I wasn't goin off buzz I'm goin off rankings..if ur going off buzz than how do u figure this is a super f!ght? Overrem and fedor will not do #s if its on ppv...noone in america knows who overeem is and fedor still isn't a household name..buzz wise the other f!ghts I named r bigger....rankings wise most r bigger as well as overeem is not a top 5 hw.
Posted via Mobile Device
 06-22-2010, 02:42 PM         #17
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jwindigo2k4 said:

how is overeem vs fedor NOT a superf!ght
ive been jonesin for this f!ght a few years now

werdum is a can tho lol fedor is expected by the entire world to win this

cyborg is not gonna lose anytime soon

cung le better bring it this time

healy
How is it? Buzz? No....rankings? No.... I still think overeem is vastly overrarted but even if I didn't I don't see how this is a super f!ght..imo the last tru super f!ght was penn and gsp...if u count this as a super f!ght there's been a ton this past year since they were bigger.
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '05        #18
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
 JoeyTheGod said:
I wasn't goin off buzz I'm goin off rankings..if ur going off buzz than how do u figure this is a super f!ght? Overrem and fedor will not do #s if its on ppv...noone in america knows who overeem is and fedor still isn't a household name..buzz wise the other f!ghts I named r bigger....rankings wise most r bigger as well as overeem is not a top 5 hw.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know, man.

People have been checking for this f!ght for years, bro.

Both f!ghters are title holders and consensus top f!ghters in the HW division outside of the UFC.

Also, it may not do the numbers that it should because it's not the UFC, which is obviously the largest and most recognizable MMA brand.

Let me ask you this...if both f!ghters were at the same point in their careers now, except they're both in the UFC, does that then make this a "superf!ght"?
 7 years ago '05        #19
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,445 | Props total: 7088 7088
This card is GARBAGE.

No good f!ghts at all.

Fedor will DOMINATE.
Santos will dominate even more then Fedor.
Thomson will dominate.
Cung Le will dominate.

s**t is boring as f**k. Strikeforce is GARBAGE.
 7 years ago '08        #20
kaboose 
space
space
$624 | Props total: 1 1
n*ggas are crazy up in here
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
81 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy