Soccer is the dominant sport everywhere except for America

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #201
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 Gtownkid04 said:
lol, you were dead a.ss serious about it. You were making whole threads for the boy. And that's just one instance. You say dumb s**t all the time, and as a population we really don't respect your opinion. You were crying when we passed on Mays too

if dude wasn't serious about sprinting, then why make a dumbass comment like that.
u really think i care what people on here think of me or my opinion?
he's the dumbass for making such statement but ur the bigger idiot who took him seriously....
i never cried about Mays i just said that s**t to p!ss people off and it looks like it worked...he went to my 2nd fav team 49ers so its no biggie

Gtownkid04 said:
lol... I've taken balls to the face (no homo) on defense before. I'd take a soft soccer ball over some dude throwing a 90 mph fastball at my head

And if I got close enough for you to kick a ball in my face I guarantee we'd be doing something else besides playing soccer lol
never said i would take baseball to the body instead of ball to the face....i was just pointing out that u have no clue if u think getting kicked by football doesnt hurt

and what could we possibly be doing if we werent playing soccer? :hmm:
 7 years ago '04        #202
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,868 | Props total: 68 68
 Universal~Mind said:
Ok we're getting off track. Apparently now serious injury takes extreme talent and makes a game...
Nah, the whole point was, it's easier to keep a fast paced game when there's less physical contact. See soccer or the NBA.

Besides, this thread hasn't been on track since the first post. The only thing the TS said is that soccer isn't the most popular sport in every other country, which is true. It's still the most popular sport in the world, nobody ever argued that.
 7 years ago '04        #203
Gtownkid04 
space
space
 wepainters said:
u really think i care what people on here think of me or my opinion?
he's the dumbass for making such statement but ur the bigger idiot who took him seriously....
i never cried about Mays i just said that s**t to p!ss people off and it looks like it worked...he went to my 2nd fav team 49ers so its no biggie

never said i would take baseball to the body instead of ball to the face....i was just pointing out that u have no clue if u think getting kicked by football doesnt hurt

and what could we possibly be doing if we werent playing soccer? :hmm:
I never said it doesn't hurt, I said that other balls hurt a lot worse. A tennis ball to the ear hurts more than a soccer ball to the side of your head. There's more surface area to a soccer ball, and it's less dense, so of course it hurts less

And if I saw you we'd be f!ghting not playing soccer Why would you a.ssume it was something gay
 7 years ago '04        #204
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Gtownkid04 said:
Yea and most of those were in response to threads like "Ways to Get Americans to Watch Football"

Painters... you're knows as one of the top tier f**gots in this section lol... Remember draft day when you sucked about 5 different safety's d*cks, as the ones you wanted kept falling off the board? Where's Eric Berry in your sig, go follow him again please I don't respect your opinion on the Eagles, and if it's any translation as to how you're a soccer fan, I don't respect that either. Now as I was saying, Wasted was talking in a respectful manner, the rest of you are kinda talking out of your a.ss. Soccer is definitely a high endurance sport. 45 minute halves, one substitution per game (or is it two)? I can respect that, but when you douches come in and exaggerate that they spend those full 45 minutes sprinting, you lose all credibility.
This.

That f**king wepainters f**got is just a straight up c*nt.

Motherf**ker was never a hurricane fan until jacory lit up fsu and gtech and now all of a sudden he got a Miami sig.
 7 years ago '04        #205
Gtownkid04 
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
This.

Motherf**ker was never a hurricane fan until jacory lit up fsu and gtech and now all of a sudden he got a Miami sig.
tbh I never saw him rep soccer until recently either, but I'm giving him benefit of the doubt
 7 years ago '08        #206
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
 Gtownkid04 said:
tbh I never saw him rep soccer until recently either, but I'm giving him benefit of the doubt
i guess u never saw my soccer video i posted on here
 7 years ago '08        #207
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
 Gtownkid04 said:
I never said it doesn't hurt, I said that other balls hurt a lot worse. A tennis ball to the ear hurts more than a soccer ball to the side of your head. There's more surface area to a soccer ball, and it's less dense, so of course it hurts less

And if I saw you we'd be f!ghting not playing soccer Why would you a.ssume it was something gay
but why are u comparing what balls hurt more? that doesnt have to do wit anything

i a.ssumed i was gonnna be putting u on IV in the ER, SON

Cap Peeler said:
This.

f**k what u think...
i started getting into college football not to long ago and choose to root for miami...now if i was acting like i knew everything ud have a point...i barely talk on college football so fall back f**got i never claimed to be hard core fan
 7 years ago '04        #208
Gtownkid04 
space
space
 wepainters said:
i guess u never saw my soccer video i posted on here
Sorry I don't follow your threads

But like I said I'm giving you benefit of the doubt. I used to Mod this section in like... 06 before you even joined. So anyone who knows me would know my allegiances... but atm I don't have a sig, so you wouldn't know if I was an Eagles fan, Jets fan, Phillies fan, Nova fan, etc etc. So I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. Just because it wasn't posted all up in your avy before doesn't mean you didn't follow it.

at you getting defensive when I said I was giving you a pass on following soccer
 7 years ago '08        #209
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
 Gtownkid04 said:
Sorry I don't follow your threads

But like I said I'm giving you benefit of the doubt. I used to Mod this section in like... 06 before you even joined. So anyone who knows me would know my allegiances... but atm I don't have a sig, so you wouldn't know if I was an Eagles fan, Jets fan, Phillies fan, Nova fan, etc etc. So I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. Just because it wasn't posted all up in your avy before doesn't mean you didn't follow it.

at you getting defensive when I said I was giving you a pass on following soccer
i knew u were eagles fan i remember u posting in eagles threads.

how did i get all defensive?
if u wanna watch my vid just ask ull be amazed
 7 years ago '04        #210
Gtownkid04 
space
space
 wepainters said:
i knew u were eagles fan i remember u posting in eagles threads.

how did i get all defensive?
if u wanna watch my vid just ask ull be amazed
I defended you and said that I'd never seen you talk about soccer but I'd give you benefit of the doubt. Then you responded to me with a paragraph telling me to watch your soccer vid

I've seen plenty of soccer highlight vids, don't need anymore. I don't hate it, just don't care about it in comparison to my favorite sports Even if we won the World Cup, an Eagles Superbowl would be a much bigger moment to me
 7 years ago '05        #211
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 CutKidd21 said:
Blatant hater. Hey guess what? The defending champions Italy drew with f*cking NEW ZEALAND. Ok and that bullsh*t draw with Slovenia should of showed you the type of talent we have. What other country not named Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain, or Portugal is scoring 3 goals in ONE HALF this world cup????????? I'll wait.
Italy drew with New Zealand - how does have any bearing on America's ability to become a power in world football?

Your second point was so inane there is no logical response to it.

CutKidd21 said:
Nah not on the level it is now. Everyone plays FIFA now. 10 years ago no way you could say that
Yes, you could. Football fans have always played FIFA games & ISS/PES games.
 7 years ago '08        #212
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
 Gtownkid04 said:
I defended you and said that I'd never seen you talk about soccer but I'd give you benefit of the doubt. Then you responded to me with a paragraph telling me to watch your soccer vid

I've seen plenty of soccer highlight vids, don't need anymore. I don't hate it, just don't care about it in comparison to my favorite sports Even if we won the World Cup, an Eagles Superbowl would be a much bigger moment to me
its not highlights its me doing s**t wit a ball

it was one damn line asking if u seen my vid. where did u get a paragraph from?
 7 years ago '04        #213
Gtownkid04 
space
space
 wepainters said:

it was one damn line asking if u seen my vid. where did u get a paragraph from?
Figured I'd exaggerate like you guys been doing
 7 years ago '08        #214
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
 Gtownkid04 said:
Figured I'd exaggerate like you guys been doing
 7 years ago '05        #215
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
 wepainters said:
 7 years ago '04        #216
Gtownkid04 
space
space
 Truth33 said:
 7 years ago '09        #217
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Italy drew with New Zealand - how does have any bearing on America's ability to become a power in world football?
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
And yeah, you beat top teams - who? The fluke against Spain. And?? A draw with 25th in the world, Slovenia?

The US will never be a force in world football, in the way that Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina are. No amount of money or muscle will change that.

A draw with 25th in the world Slovenia?

I'm answering your question or have you been hating so hard you forget what you type? Italy drew with New Zealand but you wouldn't hate on that squad would you???

How many times will US soccer have to prove to you soccer elitists that we can play with anyone before you start to give us credit and stop discrediting our wins calling them flukes and sh*t.

CutKidd21 said:
Ok and that bullsh*t draw with Slovenia should of showed you the type of talent we have. What other country not named Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain, or Portugal is scoring 3 goals in ONE HALF this world cup????????? I'll wait.

Is there no logical response for this because you can't debate fact? Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't, right? Our "fluke" joke of a team is putting up goals like the big boys but I guess that was a fluke too

Like I said before..

What is changing is the talent that is coming through our soccer system. It's getting better. I don't give a sh*t what any of these American hating soccer elitists have to say. You can call it a fluke if you want, I don't really give a sh*t.. you all seem like blatant haters to me. Most Americans didn't give a sh*t about soccer until the 2006 World Cup and now bc of FIFA video games the younger generation is starting to get into soccer.. just slightly more and more people are becoming fans of soccer which should scare the rest of the world. If the culture changes here, just like in any other sport we play... we will either dominate or always be in contention. There is no debate about that. Just know the day is coming where the Americans consistently beat top teams and are ranked in the top 10 in the world every year..

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #218
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 Cap Peeler said:
Saying that we ain't never going to accumulate to s**t when it comes to soccer but yet. His great soccer power of England can't even beat us in a world cup game. All of our wins are flukes
I'm not English. You lose.

Gtownkid04 said:
And sorry but um, as far as being able to do everything (speed, raw strength to move somebody out of your way, vertical leaps, agility) it's gotta be basketball or football
All those things are necessary in football. Plus you have to master controlling a ball with your foot rather than just holding one.

Gtownkid04 said:
Wow I did type conceded, touche.

you haven't shut down s**t... period. You've just given us all more reason not to get into your sport, talking s**t isn't going to win over anyone. If you don't want to hear us talk about soccer... STOP MAKING f**kING THREADS OR RESPONDING.
I don't want you getting into my sport. I've not made any of these threads, just responded to falsehoods & misinformation.

Gtownkid04 said:
Yea and most of those were in response to threads like "Ways to Get Americans to Watch Football"

Soccer is definitely a high endurance sport. 45 minute halves, one substitution per game (or is it two)? I can respect that, but when you douches come in and exaggerate that they spend those full 45 minutes sprinting, you lose all credibility.
Threads about getting Americans to watch football all seem to be made by Americans.

There are three substitutions allowed in a game nowadays. I thought you had played football??

Saying players run at full speed for 45 minutes is no more false than the claim that players stand around. There are many, many times during a game when players will be running at full speed, & many times when they are moving at a more neutral pace. There is constant movement for outfield players, however. And there is the added fatigue of actually playing the ball for that length of time. I think it's fair to say it's more tiring to control a ball with your feet than with your hands.

CutKidd21 said:
A draw with 25th in the world Slovenia?

I'm answering your question or have you been hating so hard you forget what you type? Italy drew with New Zealand but you wouldn't hate on that squad would you???
...you completely misunderstood the point.

You claimed the US being ranked 14th in the world & beating "top teams" (as defined by world rankings &, again, in reality, one team: Spain) meant that the USA was doing well. So I noted that, if rankings are what you think is the thing to go by, you just drew with the 25th best in the world, meaning you're maybe not competing as well you claimed. And, additionally, Egypt is ranked above the US in those same world rankings so you shouldn't put too much weight on them.

You then say Italy drew with New Zealand. So a highly ranked team drew with a comparitively lowly ranked team. This simply reinforced the idea that you shouldn't put too much weight on the world rankings. Or a fluke result (see: Italy v New Zealand. Or Spain v USA).

Actually, Italy are very mediocre right now. They remain a classic football superpower, however. Something the US will never become.

CutKidd21 said:
How many times will US soccer have to prove to you soccer elitists that we can play with anyone before you start to give us credit and stop discrediting our wins calling them flukes and sh*t.
"our wins" - I asked you to name them & you failed to. The US beating Spain was a one-off. I have given the US national team credit for that result on several occasions on this site, but it does not detract from its status as an anomaly that in no way, shape or form indicates the US is ready to be force in world football.

CutKidd21 said:
Is there no logical response for this because you can't debate fact? Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't, right? Our "fluke" joke of a team is putting up goals like the big boys but I guess that was a fluke too
There is no logical response because you appear to think scoring two* goals in 45 minutes in one game against a mediocre national team has some kind of wide-ranging effect on the standing of US football. It is a ridiculous proposition that logic cannot be applied to.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 06-21-2010 at 05:10 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #219
Gtownkid04 
space
space
I have, but obviously no time recently? Thought that was implied by my tone.
 7 years ago '09        #220
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:

...you completely misunderstood the point.

You claimed the US being ranked 14th in the world & beating "top teams" (as defined by world rankings &, again, in reality, one team: Spain) meant that the USA was doing well. So I noted that, if rankings are what you think is the thing to go by, you just drew with the 25th best in the world, meaning you're maybe not competing as well you claimed. And, additionally, Egypt is ranked above the US in those same world rankings so you shouldn't put too much weight on them.

You then say Italy drew with New Zealand. So a highly ranked team drew with a comparitively lowly ranked team. This simply reinforced the idea that you shouldn't put too much weight on the world rankings. Or a fluke result (see: Italy v New Zealand. Or Spain v USA).

Actually, Italy are very mediocre right now. They remain a classic football superpower, however. Something the US will never become.

"our wins" - I asked you to name them & you failed to. The US beating Spain was a one-off. I have given the US national team credit for that result on several occasions on this site, but it does not detract from its status as an anomaly that in no way, shape or form indicates the US is ready to be force in world football.

There is no logical response because you appear to think scoring two* goals in 45 minutes in one game against a mediocre national team has some kind of wide-ranging effect on the standing of US football. It is a ridiculous proposition that logic cannot be applied to.

Bro, you sound like a hater. You use Slovenia as an example but anybody with a brain knows the US won that match. Scored 3 times in a half.. only the big boys are doing that but let you tell it, it's a "fluke."

Egypt won the Cup of Nations so they should be ranked up there.. you have to give props to the winners of region tourneys or not have world rankings at all.. there is no way you can rank every team correctly

There was a GOOD number of years when we couldn't make the world cup.. get blown out in region tourneys.. just a joke. Now we make the world cup every year and contend to win all of our region tourneys. We've beaten England, Argentina, Portugal, Brazil, and Spain.. but I guess those are "flukes" right???? If you can't look at the Slovenia game and see how far US soccer has come, again you're just a hater. Down 2-0 @ half and come back to "win" 3-2 is huge. You're right, the US is not ready in 2010 to be a force in soccer but if the Americans have made these huge strides in 20 years, what do you suppose United States soccer will look like in 2030????

I don't think people like you could handle Americans coming into the "worlds" sport and becoming a super power.. that's why you discredit the strides the US as a soccer team has made. Let me tell you though.. it's a coming reality.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy