The Roots - How I Got Over (2010)

most viewed right now
 100
NBA Nas got the last laugh
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 93
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
244 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 79
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
403 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 76
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
16 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Out of five..?
5 Mics - Classic 97 48.02%
4 Mics - Great 80 39.60%
3 Mics - Pretty Good 16 7.92%
2 Mics - Coulda Been Better 3 1.49%
1 Mic - Massively Disappointing 6 2.97%
Voters: 202. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #21
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
This album is f**king aamzing from start to finish...This is the kinda hip-hop that I love to listen to..It inspires you and give you that old school soulful feeling...
 7 years ago '04        #22
Nocturnal-One  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,837 | Props total: 6 6
I have listened to the album from start to finish 6 times now and I can honestly say it's absolutely amazing. It gets better with every listen, so far it's earnt a 5/5 and I'm seriously thinking it could be a classic. I only tell if I'm still bumping it frequently 6 months down the line though.
 7 years ago '06        #23
WillScrillz5000 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,666 | Props total: 552 552
Album is sick... features are on point too. P.o.r.n, john legend, blu, dice raw... sounds like a sequel to rising down which is f**king fantastic
 7 years ago '05        #24
micseles 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,760 | Props total: 4244 4244
dear god 2.0 >>>>>> 2010 and phonte and blu k!lled their features!!! love the album. Distant relatives and this is all i need hopefully lupe doesnt dissapoint
 7 years ago '05        #25
weed 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$1,014 | Props total: 772 772
album is beautiful. this is hip-hop
 7 years ago '05        #26
Stat-Quo 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$927 | Props total: 0 0
amazing album
 7 years ago '05        #27
siggiddy 
space
avatar space
space
$7,606 | Props total: 1168 1168
its only like 2 cuts i dont like...

incredible album...I cant call it a classic...but its a VERY strong 4...super close to a 4.5...like 4.49 ha
 7 years ago '04        #28
Jamaro85 
space
avatar space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 marshall law said:
On the real, when it's all said and done, The Roots will probably have the best, most consistent catalog in hip-hop--you'll actually be able to listen to every one of their albums in a row all the way through without skipping songs or clowning any of them for sounding wack or out of date. These cats are the truth.
^^^This

The last album to be this short and still be close to a classic for me is Be, which coincidentally is exactly 7 seconds longer than this.

And I still haven't listened to Below The Heavens, but Blu has convinced me that I am missing out. This is a great album for how damn short it is.
 7 years ago '09        #29
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 1038 1038
im not that in2 it its great but man i want more BT on it
 7 years ago '04        #30
marshall law 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,421 | Props total: 71 71
 Jamaro85 said:
^^^This

The last album to be this short and still be close to a classic for me is Be, which coincidentally is exactly 7 seconds longer than this.

And I still haven't listened to Below The Heavens, but Blu has convinced me that I am missing out. This is a great album for how damn short it is.

Yeah, man--please do yourself a favor and check out Below the Heavens ASAP!
 7 years ago '06        #31
classychiq 
space
space
space
$208 | Props total: 0 0
LOVE this album.
It's not often where I find an album that I can listen w/out skipping tracks, so that says alot.
Great album...
 7 years ago '05        #32
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
The intro is absolutely pointless.
Walk Alone is cool, cool chill beat, cool lyrics.
Dear God 2.0 is crazy ill, deep s**t, beat is dead on.
Radio Daze is hot, introspective s**t, beat is smooth
Now or Never is another deep a.ss song, black thought is so much better than everyone else
How I Got Over is dopeness, a feel good beat, Black Thought comes with the heat
The Day - nice chill beat, my favorite song so far prolly, hott chorus
Right On - Beat is old skool, don't really like it, not much character to it, nice lyrics as always
Do It Again - Hott a.ss beat, damn, favorite beat so far, hott short song
The Fire - Cool deep lyrics, beat isn't all that great, not a huge fan of the chorus either
Web 20/20 - Weird a.ss beat, just straight spittin on this track, not much replay value IMO
Hustla - Another weird beat, kinda indian like, cool lyrics as always, talkin about his kids, its ok


It's prolly a 3.5/5 IMO. It's a good album. It falls off towards the end. I wish they kept the smooth production throughout. And I wish it was more Black Thought and less everyone else. But it's a solid album.
 7 years ago '04        #33
Ateace3 
space
avatar space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 27 27
much better than their last album. its great all around.
 7 years ago '06        #34
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$9,312 | Props total: 1079 1079
5 mic classic

real hiphop

nuff said
 7 years ago '05        #35
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Jamaro85 said:
^^^This

The last album to be this short and still be close to a classic for me is Be, which coincidentally is exactly 7 seconds longer than this.

And I still haven't listened to Below The Heavens, but Blu has convinced me that I am missing out. This is a great album for how damn short it is.
I cannot stress how much you need to get that album ASAP, that should be your next download, no doubt.
 7 years ago '06        #36
WillScrillz5000 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,666 | Props total: 552 552
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
It's prolly a 3.5/5 IMO. It's a good album. It falls off towards the end. I wish they kept the smooth production throughout. And I wish it was more Black Thought and less everyone else. But it's a solid album.
I hear you but it's also good to switch it up. I mean if you look at last album it had pretty much the same amount of features, but the idea works, and it ends up sounding good as a result.
Also, you have a point about Thought appearing more, but they are affiliated with mad people that all love to do music and jam out, so what u got is Thought putting his people on famous or not and approving them not because of money or what's sure to sell but because it's real.
 06-21-2010, 02:37 AM         #37
SUPREME CARTEL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
straight crack
 7 years ago '08        #38
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
avatar space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
dope....
 7 years ago '04        #39
Wheezy1281 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,029 | Props total: 77 77
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
The intro is absolutely pointless.
Walk Alone is cool, cool chill beat, cool lyrics.
Dear God 2.0 is crazy ill, deep s**t, beat is dead on.
Radio Daze is hot, introspective s**t, beat is smooth
Now or Never is another deep a.ss song, black thought is so much better than everyone else
How I Got Over is dopeness, a feel good beat, Black Thought comes with the heat
The Day - nice chill beat, my favorite song so far prolly, hott chorus
Right On - Beat is old skool, don't really like it, not much character to it, nice lyrics as always
Do It Again - Hott a.ss beat, damn, favorite beat so far, hott short song
The Fire - Cool deep lyrics, beat isn't all that great, not a huge fan of the chorus either
Web 20/20 - Weird a.ss beat, just straight spittin on this track, not much replay value IMO
Hustla - Another weird beat, kinda indian like, cool lyrics as always, talkin about his kids, its ok


It's prolly a 3.5/5 IMO. It's a good album. It falls off towards the end. I wish they kept the smooth production throughout. And I wish it was more Black Thought and less everyone else. But it's a solid album.


[pic - click to view]




anything below 4 is just insanity...this is the most completely produced album in a long long time on every single end (production, lyrics, mastering, etc)...please give the deserved credit where it is due, this is a true masterpiece of music and a breath of fresh air for true hip hop
 06-21-2010, 03:01 PM         #40
PURPLE RAIN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5 mics easy
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 42
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 32
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 18
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy