Pitchfork Gives Eminems Recovery A 2.8...

most viewed right now
 148
NBA Magic Johnson Says Dangelo Isn't A Leader & Players Don't Want To Play Wit..
100 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 92
Image(s) inside That Pink Panty Wearin Homo Killa Pam Aka Flee Only Rapper That Aint P..
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 77
NFL colin goatpernick plans to leave the nfl
258 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 69
I really cant tell, Is this Ronda Rousey with implants or not?
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-18-2010, 03:25 AM         #21
Shang Tsung  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hate his metallica analogy, recovery is no where near as bad as death magnetic was
 7 years ago '04        #22
pandemon 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,368 | Props total: 333 333
its funny to me that ppl really put weight into some random website onlines reviews...do u not realize its just another random queer writing his opinion about an album and that it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....EVERYTHING IS OPINION..ppl act like cuz some f**got who writes for some no name garbage website that its supposed to hold weight or be factual.......s**ts disgusting n*ggas needa stop worrying about reviews and listen to the music themselves and have their own opinions........."OMG cornymusicreviews.com gave so and so a 2.2!!!" WHO THE f**k CARES
 06-18-2010, 03:50 AM         #23
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pandemon said:
its funny to me that ppl really put weight into some random website onlines reviews...do u not realize its just another random queer writing his opinion about an album and that it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....EVERYTHING IS OPINION..ppl act like cuz some f**got who writes for some no name garbage website that its supposed to hold weight or be factual.......s**ts disgusting n*ggas needa stop worrying about reviews and listen to the music themselves and have their own opinions........."OMG cornymusicreviews.com gave so and so a 2.2!!!" WHO THE f**k CARES


you care..otherwise you wouldn't have came in here writing a thesis b**ching about it..
 7 years ago '04        #24
mac58 105 heat pts105
space
avatar space
space
$5,685 | Props total: 6913 6913
next time u blog dog
try and spit a flow
 7 years ago '09        #25
EnricoChiesa 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$4,356 | Props total: 716 716
harsh score but some of the comments are on point, i dont think this album is the classic stanleys would have you believe it is
 7 years ago '04        #26
pandemon 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,368 | Props total: 333 333
 HotepSuns said:
you care..otherwise you wouldn't have came in here writing a thesis b**ching about it..
ur logic makes no sense at all...clearly i dont give a f**k about some random dudes opinion, i was simply pointing out that its funny to me that there are mindless sheep out there who would actually put any weight at all into this corny review...people like u apparently..ur comprehension ability = fail
 06-18-2010, 04:12 AM         #27
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pandemon said:
ur logic makes no sense at all...clearly i dont give a f**k about some random dudes opinion, i was simply pointing out that its funny to me that there are mindless sheep out there who would actually put any weight at all into this corny review...people like u apparently..ur comprehension ability = fail


if you didn't care you wouldn't have entered the thread at all...why waste your time making it a point that you don't care about the opinion of another if you don't care?....and why would you a.ssume someone is mindless because they might agree with the article?....are you mindless if you read something about a subject that you happen to agree with?...you put weight into that which you agree with...


your logic,and rationale = fail....
 7 years ago '08        #28
hollaballooza 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,146 | Props total: 220 220
The album also got a 1.5/5 on Slant Magazine. However, the review suggests clearly that all the reviewer wanted was to b**ch.

The same magazine gave the MMLP 1.5/5.

If another rapper released Recovery it'd be the best reviewed album of the year.

It's like they were written by joey or kingz - biased bollocks. An excuse to have a b**ch. Negative mentality. It's actually quite sad, especially considering people live by reviews and no doubt someone who reads this will believe every word either because they can't think for themselves or are just randomly hating like most people on this site.



 06-18-2010, 04:28 AM         #29
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hollaballooza said:
The album also got a 1.5/5 on Slant Magazine. However, the review suggests clearly that all the reviewer wanted was to b**ch.

The same magazine gave the MMLP 1.5/5.

If another rapper released Recovery it'd be the best reviewed album of the year.

It's like they were written by joey or kingz - biased bollocks. An excuse to have a b**ch. Negative mentality. It's actually quite sad, especially considering people live by reviews and no doubt someone who reads this will believe every word either because they can't think for themselves or are just randomly hating like most people on this site.






and pitchfork placed the marshall mathers lp in it's top 200 albums of the 2000's.....it seems you're trying to put a "slant" on reviews that you disagree with....



props to 2d for actually discussing what was said in the article...
 7 years ago '08        #30
hollaballooza 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,146 | Props total: 220 220
 HotepSuns said:
and pitchfork placed the marshall mathers lp in it's top 200 albums of the 2000's.....it seems you're trying to put a "slant" on reviews that you disagree with....



props to 2d for actually discussing what was said in the article...
It's pretty obvious that I like the album and no s**tty review will change that. It's also pretty obvious whatever anyone says in defense to their own personal opinion of the album you'll try to justify and summarize that they're wrong. Each to their own and all that.

It seems that the reviewer went in to intentionally find any critisisms, big or small, and put a number at the end to summarize their personal opinion.

It's a shame that the reviewer CLEARLY didn't like the album, in my eyes the review seems ridiculously unprofressional; shadowed by the use of big words to try and justify their shoddy reviewing methods.

 06-18-2010, 04:44 AM         #31
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hollaballooza said:
It's pretty obvious that I like the album and no s**tty review will change that. It's also pretty obvious whatever anyone says in defense to their own personal opinion of the album you'll try to justify and summarize that they're wrong. Each to their own and all that.

It seems that the reviewer went in to intentionally find any critisisms, big or small, and put a number at the end to summarize their personal opinion.

It's a shame that the reviewer CLEARLY didn't like the album, in my eyes the review seems ridiculously unprofressional; shadowed by the use of big words to try and justify their shoddy reviewing methods.



i haven't said anyones opinion is wrong...i've stated mine,and had a civil convo with someone else about the album....you seem to be upset,because someone doesn't like the album the same way you do...in which case it's lead you to make up tales of people "intentionally trying to find criticisms" to justify you dismissing the criticisms....when this particular company has giving great reviews to the same artist for other albums...which basically discredits your whole premise...


it's unprofessional,and shoddy reviewing,because you disagree.....if this was a glowing review of the album you'd have nothing to say...
 7 years ago '06        #32
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,142 | Props total: 660 660
it's pitchfork media for gods sake..unless ur an indie band like mgmt or some s**t like that...they're not going to give any love....gotta love those pretentious hipsters
 7 years ago '08        #33
hollaballooza 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,146 | Props total: 220 220
 Mintz said:
it's pitchfork media for gods sake..unless ur an indie band like mgmt or some s**t like that...they're not going to give any love....gotta love those pretentious hipsters
^^^^^Nas' Untitled got just over 3 I think.
 7 years ago '06        #34
spdaghost 
space
space
space
$255 | Props total: 0 0
critics need to stop comparing n start listening to da album n forget about his past work.
 7 years ago '04        #35
pandemon 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,368 | Props total: 333 333
 HotepSuns said:
if you didn't care you wouldn't have entered the thread at all...why waste your time making it a point that you don't care about the opinion of another if you don't care?....and why would you a.ssume someone is mindless because they might agree with the article?....are you mindless if you read something about a subject that you happen to agree with?...you put weight into that which you agree with...


your logic,and rationale = fail....
i entered the thread to point out that anyone that puts weight or validity into someone ELSES opinion, in a way that alters their own opinion..is an idiot......is something that simple that hard for u to comprehend?

i dunno maybe read slower next time?
 7 years ago '06        #36
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,142 | Props total: 660 660
 sadsalty said:
except they gave Hell Hath No Fury a 9.1
eh their scores vary..but for the most part...they'll s**t on otherwise solid records with b/s scores
 06-18-2010, 05:35 AM         #37
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pandemon said:
i entered the thread to point out that anyone that puts weight or validity into someone ELSES opinion, in a way that alters their own opinion..is an idiot......is something that simple that hard for u to comprehend?

i dunno maybe read slower next time?


now you're lying trying to backtrack on your bulls**t comment...which is hilarious considering what you typed is in this thread for all to read...ehh..
 06-18-2010, 05:36 AM         #38
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mintz said:
eh their scores vary..but for the most part...they'll s**t on otherwise solid records with b/s scores


just like everyones opinion....they vary....


people just get upset with reviews that aren't in line with their own feelings...it's a natural human reaction..
 7 years ago '06        #39
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,142 | Props total: 660 660
 HotepSuns said:
just like everyones opinion....they vary....


people just get upset with reviews that aren't in line with their own feelings...it's a natural human reaction..
true..but pitchfork is notorious for being like that..where certain solid/good albums get 2.4s and other average albums get 8.1s no in between with them...just compare their scores against all the other out lets and you'll see certain albums will get b+/8.5s all across the board and then when you get to pitchfork...it gets like 4.3
 06-18-2010, 05:47 AM         #40
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mintz said:
true..but pitchfork is notorious for being like that..where certain solid/good albums get 2.4s and other average albums get 8.1s no in between with them...just compare their scores against all the other out lets and you'll see certain albums will get b+/8.5s all across the board and then when you get to pitchfork...it gets like 4.3


i've been critical of pitchfork as well...they gave the fix like a 4.6...and a few other albums some ridiculous scores....they also gave thank me later an 8.7....which i don't slightly understand....but it is what it is....i don't so much care about the scores when i look at the reviews..i'm moreso looking at what is actually being said in the reviews..the critiques...which is why i'm glad 2d decided to discuss that..(he was the only one by the way)...it's easy to just sit here,and argue about scores...but i'm more intrigued by how people come to those conclusions....


but i don't think most people on this board like to actually discuss music..at least not in depth...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 65
Video inside So that is what fidget spinners are for...
54 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 38
Jessica Wong
67 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside 15 Reasons You're Poor and The Rich Aren't (List Included)
153 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Jun 22 - Road Rage in Cali triggers chain reaction accident
92 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Treach says who killed 2pac
184 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 18
NBA Footage of Lonzo Ball workout with Lakers :whoa:
262 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 15
audio inside DJ Khaled - Grateful (Official Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 6/23
152 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Article inside Rocko's Modern Life is really coming back!!!!!!!!
70 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy