What's your job/career?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,011 | Props total: 86 86
 Dunknown24 said:
So is the ones with pluses (a+, mcp network+, etc.) the classes I take and ccnp mcse the certifications? Do I get the certs after I finish the classes or do I need to take tests somewhere else? And what's a noc? And is networking the easier way to go cuz I know u said there's more competition n more money but is the workload more?

I'm moving from Cali to az in like a month so I'm only going to a cc for a year to avoid the out of state tuition at asu. I only need 2 classes to transfer so I thought I mite as well get sum type of certificate while I'm there. I'm pretty good with computers and a fast learner but I really have no idea what direction to go in the field. Props will be given to those who helped/helps. Appreciate it.
noc is short for network operation center.

Obtaining certifications is mainly from self studying and registering to sit for the exam at your local prometric or pearson vue testing centers. I say self studying because most colleges do not offer any type of classes for vendor specific certifications, and attending bootcamp training sessions cost thousands.

Networking is not for everyone so i cant tell you if it will be the easy way to go for you, pick up a book called Comptia Network+ All In One by Mike Meyers and have a read to see if networking even interest you.

If it does interest you I'd recommend you get a book called Cisco Certified Network a.ssociate Study Guide by Todd Lammle and buy a couple of Cisco Catalyst 2950 switches and a few Cisco 2650XM routers off of ebay and have a go at the labs in the book.

Last edited by bouncer900; 06-30-2010 at 03:45 AM..
 06-30-2010, 04:54 AM         #62
Supamario627 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
22, Ive been working at one of the big hospitals in BR for 3 years in the psyc ward as a Mental Health Tech (when the patients get crazy, I have to de-esculate the situation...it gets physical alot).

Im in school tryin to get into nursing school to get a RN license....ive been in college since i was 17, but didnt like the degree program/field anymore, and the job security wasnt that good...so i made a change.
 06-30-2010, 06:05 AM         #63
little ms riot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In the Tourism industry. Changing careers soon.
 7 years ago '04        #64
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
I work in Logistics for Directv. I do alright, but I'm far from rich. I'd like to get into flipping real estate at some point, but I'm focused on trying to have my first child and get the f**k out of Pittsburgh.
 06-30-2010, 08:51 AM         #65
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just turned 23, went to school for software engineering and dropped out after two years. I'm in graphics design now, working freelance. Not making big numbers like that right now but things are starting to add up.

Also went back to college for graphics design.
 7 years ago '09        #66
markj512 10 heat pts10
space
space
$343 | Props total: 7 7
I'm 22, working as a property manager for a property preservation company (foreclosed/pre-foreclosed homes) making $50k. Dropped out of college my first year. Making money was my thing, got tired of writing papers quick. Thinking about going back to school taking a few classes at a time. Everyone is always saying that piece of paper helps out...
 7 years ago '08        #67
big leo 415 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,474 | Props total: 9 9
30 year old...postal worker....45-48k...s**t dont look good in the post office right now,,,,no degree,,,:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '08        #68
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,019 | Props total: 719 719
 bouncer900 said:
noc is short for network operation center.

Obtaining certifications is mainly from self studying and registering to sit for the exam at your local prometric or pearson vue testing centers. I say self studying because most colleges do not offer any type of classes for vendor specific certifications, and attending bootcamp training sessions cost thousands.

Networking is not for everyone so i cant tell you if it will be the easy way to go for you, pick up a book called Comptia Network+ All In One by Mike Meyers and have a read to see if networking even interest you.

If it does interest you I'd recommend you get a book called Cisco Certified Network a.ssociate Study Guide by Todd Lammle and buy a couple of Cisco Catalyst 2950 switches and a few Cisco 2650XM routers off of ebay and have a go at the labs in the book.
Ima check that book out so I don't waste time on sumthin I don't want to do. I thought gettin a certificate for becoming a network administrator was as easy as gettin a real estate license. A couples classes n ur good but I see that's not the case. It's kinda a side thing I wanted to do but idk I guess I gotta reassess sum s**t lol. It sounds like this wud have to be my primary focus if I chose to do it unlike real estate.
 7 years ago '04        #69
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 27 27
I'm 20 in college. I'm planning to graduate next year, then I'll take a year off of school, probably just chill in the city (at Pitt) and do an internship. Then its off to law school either in Buffalo, Pittsburgh, or Tampa.
 07-01-2010, 02:21 AM         #70
NosoBetta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
alot of you have similar jobs.

i don't have A job, and have never had one..I'm 18
 7 years ago '04        #71
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1472 1472
 markj512 said:
I'm 22, working as a property manager for a property preservation company (foreclosed/pre-foreclosed homes) making $50k. Dropped out of college my first year. Making money was my thing, got tired of writing papers quick. Thinking about going back to school taking a few classes at a time. Everyone is always saying that piece of paper helps out...
yo just some quick advice on some real s**t it took my aunt 9 years to get her bachelors degree, but she was pretty much just like u got tired of the s**t quick, but u know what try to stay on it even if its one class at a time... because at the end of the day, she got her a promotion(basically moved up in the company) then she got a new job doing same position but at different place making more...
 07-01-2010, 11:11 AM         #72
Kuchiki_Byakuya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm dead broke cashing welfare checks, and at this rate I'll be dead AND broke pretty soon.
 07-04-2010, 12:52 PM         #73
motojax 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I went to college (go Canes!) now work for Marvel/Disney Studios. My only advice for people looking to get into this industry is you better want it more than anything else because its a b**ch to get here but it's totally worth it.
 7 years ago '06        #74
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
Moto what is it that you do? I'm 20 and been working various jobs since I was out of school (security mainly) and always had a interest in media, video production, script writing, camera work and all types of visual media and what goes with it. However I have no clue on how to jump on that ..
 07-04-2010, 01:59 PM         #75
jutnice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
nice. I just became an SM here in phoenix. Just started a week ago. My first task..Get my a.ssistants (3 of them) raises.
I'm 27 Ive been an auto mechanic for 3 years prolly makin about 30k.I'm dying to find something else.I got a record so its hard to get somethin better. Question for yall in retail basically to become a manager or a.ssistant you just have to start at the bottom at a decent store and bust your a.ss right? I'm a hard a.ss worker Im thinking about taking a pay cut just to move up in a decent company. What y'all think?
 7 years ago '04        #76
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,754 | Props total: 439 439
 jutnice said:
I'm 27 Ive been an auto mechanic for 3 years prolly makin about 30k.I'm dying to find something else.I got a record so its hard to get somethin better. Question for yall in retail basically to become a manager or a.ssistant you just have to start at the bottom at a decent store and bust your a.ss right? I'm a hard a.ss worker Im thinking about taking a pay cut just to move up in a decent company. What y'all think?
to become manager

u need to be 21 and usually have to have a degree if u want to start right off the rip as a manager.

and u have to look good no homo. I mean thats sad to say but its true. You cant really be a fat, overweight person as sad as that is

and If u have no retail exp, they arent gonna put u at a manager. this is terrible to say but i would lie on your resume about it
 7 years ago '04        #77
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1472 1472
 614FACE said:
Hot s**t. This is my ultimate goal right here, but I kno there's a lot more that I need to kno than what I've been taught and taught myself aside from relocating. Wht exactly do u do bro?
First moto is a girl... question to moto (how the hell did u swing that position) I heard it took years and years for any company like that to even think of hiring you...

Congrats tho... s**t is like working for google or youtube that would be crazy...
 7 years ago '04        #78
DonofDons21 
space
space
$6,254 | Props total: 701 701
29 - District Loss Prevention Manager Make 40 k plus travel
 07-05-2010, 11:26 AM         #79
XsameX1XotherX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Multi self agent in self-sells. Its a career in extending oneself and elevating oneself in anti-society ways with a dash of an outlaw lifestyle. It's non-profit, but you can make money in it, especially once you first find your lifestyle to find a match in how much you only would need to make that lifestyle a reality. I intend on making comfy money at some point in it. But rule number one in multi agency self-sells, lifestyle comes first before money. What good is any amount of money if you dont like what you do? See? What good is any amount of money if you don't feel comfortable in getting it? See?

Last edited by XsameX1XotherX; 07-05-2010 at 11:28 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #80
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
everybody in the it field pm me, im also a tech, just kinda broke in the field graduated school in august, never went to real college, went to a trade school but im alright at what i do. anyway yall should pm me & we should get our own lil tech group together to discuss s**t & help each other when troubleshooting issues

i got that job in may, & a week before that i went to a jobfair for dealers for table games, they liked me & trained me for 10 weeks, now im about to be dealin craps parttime, on the side of my tech job
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy