What's your job/career?

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #41
premiumspirit 
space
space
$222 | Props total: 0 0
 WorldsGreatest said:
I'm 21 and I'm a Pharmacy Technician at a Hospital... I'm not making nearly what I'm supposed to be making, so I'm about to start searching for Pharmacy Tech jobs at other Hospitals and other Pharmacy settings and maybe in a bigger city

I plan on going back to school soon for Pharmacy... I'll be old as hell by the time I finish school, but it'll be worth it
I just finished a program to be a pharmacy tech. Now I just have to do the externship and then pass the PTCB to get my license. Starting out over here in Cali is about 10 to 15 an hour depending on where you go.
 06-29-2010, 01:58 AM         #42
princesschica81 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm 29 with a Bachelors in Psychology emphasis in Child and Adolescent Development and a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. I'm currently in school @ BU working on another Masters, this one in Social Work. (My goal is to eventually have my PhD.) I completed my first Masters @ the age of 25 and subsequently began my career. I am an Elementary School therapist. I do individual and group therapy with the little ones who either need help with social skills, difficulties surrounding their learning, difficult life situations, and or difficulty regulating themselves. I love what I do and get paid very well. (Pay depends on the school district.) Not to mention I get to enjoy summers off. :)
 7 years ago '04        #43
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,011 | Props total: 87 87
I'm 25 with a bs in Computer science and a few certs( ccna,ccvp,cwna,jncia-er). I work as a VoIP Engineer and make $75k.
 7 years ago '08        #44
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,019 | Props total: 719 719
 bouncer900 said:
I'm 25 with a bs in Computer science and a few certs( ccna,ccvp,cwna,jncia-er). I work as a VoIP Engineer and make $75k.
I want to get into the computer science field myself. I'm goin to community college for one more year before I transfer so what classes can I take here n what certifications can I get. A lot of u guys r in that field so any answers would help.
 7 years ago '04        #45
bouncer900 
space
space
 Dunknown24 said:
I want to get into the computer science field myself. I'm goin to community college for one more year before I transfer so what classes can I take here n what certifications can I get. A lot of u guys r in that field so any answers would help.
I went to a cc first as well. pretty much try to knock out all the required math and physics classes required for the bs program at the cc and take c/c++ or java ,assembly, data structures. all the other extra comp science classes required for the a.ssociates probably wont transfer.. well they didn't in my case.
As far as certifications go it all depends on which area interest you, if you like networking look into cisco and juniper or help desk/sytem admin work look into comptia, microsoft ect.... or just use your degree when you finish and get a job as a software engineer
 7 years ago '08        #46
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
 bouncer900 said:
I went to a cc first as well. pretty much try to knock out all the required math and physics classes required for the bs program at the cc and take c/c++ or java ,assembly, data structures. all the other extra comp science classes required for the a.ssociates probably wont transfer.. well they didn't in my case.
As far as certifications go it all depends on which area interest you, if you like networking look into cisco and juniper or help desk/sytem admin work look into comptia, microsoft ect.... or just use your degree when you finish and get a job as a software engineer
But if I get sum certifications in cc won't I able to be qualified for certain jobs even before I get a bs?
 7 years ago '04        #47
bouncer900 
space
space
 Dunknown24 said:
But if I get sum certifications in cc won't I able to be qualified for certain jobs even before I get a bs?
Its all about work experience, if you have no work experience certifications may help you get an interview for a low level position. start with the basics and get the a+ mcp network+ and try to get a job working help desk or in a noc, while your in school.

..... would you hire someone with a ccnp mcse ect, with no work experience?, I wouldnt
 7 years ago '04        #48
knives 
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 24 24
26 with a BS in Computer Information Systems( honestly, i learned more on the job than i did in 4 years of school. Waste of money, but i think it'll help on your resume for sure.)

Work as a datacenter technician, basically working at the physical layer. Just a little over 50k a year. I was on pace to get my MSCA but i stopped after I passed the MCP. I just got lazy. Thinking about finishing that up and getting back into networking. Its either that or continue to do what i do now and possibly become a engineer. Also help my father with consultant work for writting proposals for ACS and headstart programs. Usually another 30k a year. I'm gonna be taking that over soon i might want to get my masters in business though. still not sure.

For those doing networking right now, how is the job for ya'll? Is it laid back or stressful as hell? I'm a.ssuming it's the former. Do you really need to have a deep understanding of networking with windows server? or just the basics? One thing I'm finding out is more and more people are getting their CCNA's and are over qualifying themselves. But it makes the MSCA look like nothing in comparison. I don't think i want to be cisco certified tbh...

Dunknown24 said:
You should get the more difficult classes out of the way. Like programming just wasn't for me...i mean Visual basic, C ++, Oracle, etc they can be very beneficial to you if you have a knack for it. If not, i'd try to get those credits at the CC before you move onto a bigger school which would likely be harder. As far a Certs, like the other guy said, depends on the specific part of the IT field you want to be in. MSCA, CCNA, NET + will help you if you're looking into networking. You'll have a lot of competition there though, everyone goes for the networking field. But it pays well.

Last edited by knives; 06-29-2010 at 07:36 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #49
bouncer900 
space
space
 knives said:

For those doing networking right now, how is the job for ya'll? Is it laid back or stressful as hell? I'm a.ssuming it's the former. Do you really need to have a deep understanding of networking with windows server? or just the basics? One thing I'm finding out is more and more people are getting their CCNA's and are over qualifying themselves. But it makes the MSCA look like nothing in comparison. I don't think i want to be cisco certified tbh...
Its pretty laid back to me ... as far as windows server goes I know next to nothing about it... alot of jobs are confused about what they want,they ask for a network admin/ engineer and yet the job description for the majority of those jobs are really asking for a system's admin requiring mcsa or mcse .....
 7 years ago '08        #50
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
 premiumspirit said:
I just finished a program to be a pharmacy tech. Now I just have to do the externship and then pass the PTCB to get my license. Starting out over here in Cali is about 10 to 15 an hour depending on where you go.
good s**t my dude... good luck on your exam man
 7 years ago '05        #51
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,786 | Props total: 4729 4729
Human resource manager but im startng to hate my job and im thinking about going back to school to do something i like.....once i figure what i like
 7 years ago '05        #52
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
graphic designer with a Bachelors of Science in graphic design. working in the field for a little over 5 years. make $38K/yr. f**k my life.
 7 years ago '04        #53
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 meepos said:
graphic designer with a Bachelors of Science in graphic design. working in the field for a little over 5 years. make $38K/yr. f**k my life.
where do you live because thats internship level income in NYC...
 7 years ago '05        #54
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
 TheMagicMan said:
where do you live because thats internship level income in NYC...
the south florida area
 7 years ago '05        #55
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
then again i dont do web.
 7 years ago '08        #56
premiumspirit 
space
space
$222 | Props total: 0 0
 WorldsGreatest said:
good s**t my dude... good luck on your exam man
Thanks man, good luck on when you go back to school. From what I hear, it's a lot of time and money to get thru it, but well worth it in the end.
 7 years ago '04        #57
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1476 1476
yall n*ggas is doing pretty good... I am extremely impressed no one lied... I am still young so I am only doing a.ssistant manager of a company who basically dropships s**t... I make like 12 and hour... still in school for information systems degree... just kind of using this job to get into other computer based jobs...
ColeWorld gave props

7 years ago '04        #58
mr_underground|m 1965 heat pts1965
space
space
$22,756 | Props total: 28414 28414
I' a business owner of a marketing and visual effects company and a mastering engineer along with other crazy freelance work.
 06-30-2010, 12:09 AM         #59
Realiez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im 29 barber pay what i say in taxes
 7 years ago '08        #60
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
 bouncer900 said:
Its all about work experience, if you have no work experience certifications may help you get an interview for a low level position. start with the basics and get the a+ mcp network+ and try to get a job working help desk or in a noc, while your in school.

..... would you hire someone with a ccnp mcse ect, with no work experience?, I wouldnt
So is the ones with pluses (a+, mcp network+, etc.) the classes I take and ccnp mcse the certifications? Do I get the certs after I finish the classes or do I need to take tests somewhere else? And what's a noc? And is networking the easier way to go cuz I know u said there's more competition n more money but is the workload more?

I'm moving from Cali to az in like a month so I'm only going to a cc for a year to avoid the out of state tuition at asu. I only need 2 classes to transfer so I thought I mite as well get sum type of certificate while I'm there. I'm pretty good with computers and a fast learner but I really have no idea what direction to go in the field. Props will be given to those who helped/helps. Appreciate it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago