Dr. Dre's official statement regarding his new single

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #21
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,113 | Props total: 1563 1563
Seems like Dre and Jimmy have just been going around with Beats around their necks to promote those and he hasn't been in the studio doing anything for Detox lately.
 8 years ago '06        #22
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
needs more piano
 8 years ago '06        #23
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 Ole-G said:
what's your opinion on the song overall ?
I like it, even though it's unfinished. The beat bangs... so when it's finished it'll sound even better.
 8 years ago '05        #24
xratede 
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 239 239
Yea, the song kinda sucked compared to all the hype, even sounds like it will suck after being mastered. Unless he decides to change the song drastically
 8 years ago '04        #25
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 QualityRecords said:
Huh? It got a wack response because its not finished. Unmastered songs almost always sound bad, once its mastered the drums will hit harder, the bass and their voices will be deeper, and it will sound crisp like most Dre tracks do.
Unless mastering involved new production, it doesn't matter. The song isn't the worst, but it's pretty wack. Definitely doesn't live up to the hype, and the techno-esque beat sounds retarded. Jay's verse sound like something he scrapped a while ago (lyric wise), but in all fairness, I couldn't clearly hear a couple bars, I'll give that to the lack of mastering.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dre completely switches up the production and redoes his (and possibly Jay-Z's) verses.

I'll stay optimistic about Detox only cause singles never mean sh!t, but we'll see what happens.
 06-17-2010, 03:57 AM         #26
Chronic777 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Still working onit?

Yeah this is an unfinished version, but he said when he did that headphone promo thing at the stadium that he wanted interscope to release it within two weeks, so it had to have been finished back then, and that was at least a month ago, so how the f**k can he still be working on it?

Storch said the hook has been done.
Plus Sway said he heard the new single.

Last edited by Chronic777; 06-17-2010 at 04:10 AM..
 06-17-2010, 05:32 AM         #27
mdoggslim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dre leaked it. Felt self-conscious about this watered down garbage. The watcher 2's been done, nice collabo, great song. Not like jay and dre really vibe off each other so much they need to make a second record together.

Listening to chronic 01, you're in a new world, you get a lyrical depiction of events and incidents most people cannot relate to. Which is why White America in its mid 30's has chronic 01 in between their doors and dylan collections. It's also why people who can relate to that lifestyle, bought that album. The cameos were perfect - xzibit, eminem, snoop, nate. That album, start to finish was a soundtrack for a good portion of Americans around that time.

Now this dr pepper sipping, steroid pumping fool is making a song like its off of some random album in the cheap racks in target. Next to I want still D.R.E, next episode, whats the difference -sounding beats and anybody who starts b**ching about the times changing and music evolving, f**k you. I'll settle for detox sounding as if it came out in 1999. This track has 0 soul.
 8 years ago '09        #28
jenlove21 
space
space
space
$1,080 | Props total: 0 0
too bad that s**t leaked even if its unmastered its a horrible beat with old sounds and his bars are medioker , a.ss hell! ..lol he needs to stick to the chronic method , if this is anything close to jays new cd or ems ,, or has autotune or is on some jay z young forever all about money crap im gonna be pissed!!!! dre makes gangsta music ...i know thats not whats in right now but still.if i hear one more over hyped hip hop record with bad chopped samples that i have to click right through the whole album ..and nothing intrests me im gonna shoot myself ! and start listening to country!

Last edited by jenlove21; 06-17-2010 at 05:35 AM..
 06-17-2010, 05:33 AM         #29
mdoggslim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
on a side note, hopping on a track that is a remake of your wife's "naughty girl" ...... Probably squeezing in extra royalties....
 8 years ago '06        #30
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,316 | Props total: 1085 1085
he need to scrap it, cuz its still gonna be wack when he remasters it!
 06-17-2010, 05:46 AM         #31
WestAlb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's not that it is just just unmastered but it is UNFINISHED. For example just listen what additonal production can transform a song (bob's airplane with additional production by Eminem sounds very different compared to the original production). And here i'm sure what we heard is the draft beat submitted by Scott Storch, without dre's involvment at this point. It does not mean he hasn't done anything on it yet, but the version that leaked is probably the very earlier demo. Of course it don't really like it the way it is, but i can see the potential of that melody after Dre's production on it.....Wait til the final version drops, no matter when....
 06-17-2010, 07:28 AM         #32
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Needs a little dubstep..... needs a little g-funk.... needs a little more gangsta rhymes not about materialistic sh*t... and needs that hard bassline electro....... and rhymes about shrooms.... and maybe a new ghost writer from southern cali.....

then he's set..... lol

Anywayz, word on the street is.... Slim the mobsta was supposed to be the third verse in this song.
 7 years ago '06        #33
NYC-Banga 107 heat pts107
space
space
$13,526 | Props total: 3467 3467
 Supa Mario 910 said:
It's just damage control. He saw the wack a.ss response it got and decided to change it. Had people liked it, he would run with it once it's finished.
That.
 06-17-2010, 07:38 AM         #34
bornleader 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
honestly i think we have all lost interest in this project..No hate..But cmon man..No project is worth waiting this long to hear
 7 years ago '05        #35
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,925 | Props total: 11287 11287
Dr. Lauryn Hill's official statement regarding his new single - "Hi, my past classics have me shook, and I may as well give it up. Enjoy the s**t I made previously. Peace."
 7 years ago '07        #36
jamega2f 80 heat pts80
space
space
$1,307 | Props total: 31 31
what i have been hearing on the internet is not that really good to be honest...i was looking forward to this album unless the tracks change i dont think dre album is going to be really good
 7 years ago '09        #37
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,137 | Props total: 22583 22583
Dr Dre is a loser. Only thing that scram got going for him is his headphones. n*gga said two weeks two months ago, said coming out this summer a decade ago. f**k that album :budden:
 7 years ago '04        #38
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
Maybe it'll motivate him to get the finished product out there sooner
 7 years ago '10        #39
drewscott5 2 heat pts
space
space
$128 | Props total: 12 12
no s**t, it didnt even have a hook............
Dre better scrap this song or atleast the beat. Scott Storch f**kin sucks!!!
 06-17-2010, 10:44 AM         #40
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here's the thing

Even if it is an incomplete song, what we've heard so far isnt promising. Like to me the issue is the beat is wack (and hes said he wants to take Detox into a techno Kraftwerk inspired direction, which means more of the same) and lyrics by Jay and Dre are kinda awful. So I dont know what he can add to make that much significantly better.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy