Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #161
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 TurboE said:
thats awesome man....its gotta suck being a true islander fan and not having any success for so long but man it could be worth the wait with the kids this team has and is developing...exciting team to watch
They're like the Blackhawks, Tavares lives for the playoffs..can't wait too see them making it. I love how they actually did the thorough re-building process, and props too Weight for staying and taking Bailey under his wing last season.

They're definitely going to be my favorite team in the East now...Just cause of Bailey and I've partied with Tavares before.

Bailey gave me a signed stick with all the Islanders signatures, and his 3rd Jersey signed last time I went up, which is dope because I didn't even ask

Another reason I love hockey, the players never change.. they don't get the diva attitude like NFL or NBA players. They just eat, sleep and breathe hockey..then love too party during the offseason. Wish I still played, f**king injuries man.

I used too play D, loved Scotty Neids as a kid (still do) while I was growing up and always tried too play like him.
 7 years ago '07        #162
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Matthew Lombardi is headed out of the desert and into the Music City, signing a three-year, $10.5 million contract with the Nashville Predators.

The 28-year-old centre had spent the last two seasons with the Coyotes before becoming a free agent.

Lombardi, a Montreal native, had 19 goals and 34 a.ssists in 78 games with the Coyotes last season.

Lombardi was drafted 90th overall by the Calgary Flames in the third round of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

Great signing by Nashville, they stay competitive. Him & Hornqvist with be unreal together.
 7 years ago '07        #163
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Speaking of the Islanders...

Could the New York Islanders be ready to make the biggest splash so far in the free agent market?

According to NHL Insider Darren Dreger, there are rumblings that the club may make a lucrative, long term contract offer to forward Ilya Kovalchuk. One such source says that an offer could be in the 10-year, $100 million range.

Late on Friday, Islanders general manager Garth Snow confirmed to ESPN via a text message that the club was involved in talking to Kovalchuk.

The Islanders are currently under the salary cap floor, and a large deal for Kovalchuk would help in that effort. A signing of that nature and star power could also help owner Charles Wang to get his stalled arena project back on track.

The 27-year old Russian sniper scored 41 goals and 43 a.ssists in 76 regular season games with the Atlanta Thrashers and New Jersey Devils last season.

The Islanders are no strangers to long term deals, having signed Rick DiPietro to a 15-year deal in 2006, and Alexei Yashin to a 10-year deal in 2001.
 7 years ago '04        #164
TurboE 
space
space
$863 | Props total: 2 2
haha i was just going to come in here an mention that....add Kovy to that list of names i mentioned and damn....starting to look really good
 7 years ago '05        #165
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,496 | Props total: 717 717
nice work on free agents so far caps lol if they didnt waste 6 mill on semin theyd have some cash to spend
 7 years ago '07        #166
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 mattdogg444 said:
nice work on free agents so far caps lol if they didnt waste 6 mill on semin theyd have some cash to spend

They're waiting for the dust too settle I think....I see them movin' Semin still since he only has a year left, and teams will be willing too take that just for the leisure next off season.
 7 years ago '07        #167
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
$55,459 | Props total: 43424 43424
finally someone stickied this s**t :agreement6:

TurboE said:
die hard Rangers fan here.....BUT slowly becoming an Islander fan

Tavares/Okposo/Bailey/Schremp/Kabanov/Niederreiter....such an awesome group of young talent....plus they just signed former Ranger P.A. Parenteau
word i f**ks with okposo. him and tavares are gonna be a force for years to come.

Last edited by st21; 07-04-2010 at 12:47 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #168
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
simon gagne is willing to waive his no-trade clause
 7 years ago '07        #169
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 #21 said:
finally someone stickied this s**t :agreement6:

word i f**ks with okposo. him and tavares are gonna be a force for years to come.
No doubt, and with Bailey Centering the 2nd line.
 7 years ago '07        #170
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
simon gagne is willing to waive his no-trade clause
Yeah I saw that......Heard they we're talking to LA, for Bernier or Quick?

Not sure.
 7 years ago '07        #171
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
According to a report, it appears that Ilya Kovalchuk is on the verge of re-signing with the New Jersey Devils.

The New York Post is reporting that the unrestricted free agent, who played the final 27 games of last season with the Devils, is going to sign a seven-year, $60 million contract with the team as soon as Monday.

The Los Angeles Kings dropped out of the running for Kovalchuk on Sunday, while the New York Islanders indicated some interest in the Russian sniper but reportedly never made a formal offer.

Kovalchuk's agent, Jay Grossman, sent a Twitter message on Monday that stated "Ilya Kovalchuk looking to make decision on his future today".

Kovalchuk, 27, was the best forward available when free agency opened last Thursday. He scored 41 goals and 44 a.ssists last year in a season split between the Devils and the Atlanta Thrashers. He was dealt to New Jersey on Feb. 4 along with Anssi Salmela and a 2nd-round draft pick in exchange for Niclas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, Patrice Cormier, as well as New Jersey's first and second-round 2010 draft picks.
 7 years ago '07        #172
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
I thought Kovy was gonna get more, but good for NJ keeping him.

A funny thing happened along the way in the courtship of Mike Modano to Hockeytown. Mike Modano decided to fly home to Michigan and just so happens to have a meeting scheduled with the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday afternoon. Dallas Morning News' Mike Heika spoke to Modano who spills the beans about his trip and has some sweet nothings for the Red Wings organization.

"It's such an intriguing place,'' he said of Detroit. "They want to win and they can win now. They have great players and a great system. They believe they can find a way for me to fit in. It's flattering that they think I could help them, and I really want to see if that's possible.''

Now I don't want to read into a guy's words too much here, but that's an awful lot of admiration and respect coming from Mike Modano. After all, he's only battled against the Red Wings for the last 20 years and even semi-recently got bounced out of the playoffs by the Red Wings back in 2009.

Is this meeting one with grand intentions? Well, obviously Modano wants to find out more about what the Wings want from him and in an era where e-mail, text messages and cell phones make things a lot easier to communicate, meeting face-to-face is certainly curious. The Chief over at Abel to Yzerman certainly suspects that something big is up.

I've been wrong, twice I think, in the last four years. So here goes again...he signs tomorrow. If not then, it's only because the Wings are classy enough to delay it a day or two out of respect to Probie and his family.

Keep your eyes peeled here to see what develops, if anything, tomorrow with Mike Modano. If Ken Holland's kind words from the other day are any indication, it's that there's mutual interest here. How he'll fit in with the Red Wings remains to be seen if at all.
only fitting to see Mike go there, not gonna lie I'd really like to see him in Boston despite his age
 7 years ago '07        #173
space
space
just remembered...isnt 7 years 60 mil a max deal in hockey?
 7 years ago '07        #174
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
just remembered...isnt 7 years 60 mil a max deal in hockey?
Nah it's different the way the NHL works I think...

Maximum Salaries:

A player's annual salary cannot exceed 20 percent of the salary cap, based on the cap as it stands in the year the contract is signed.
Terms and salaries remain in place for the life of the contract. The salary does not decrease if the cap drops, nor can a contract trigger a salary increase if the cap goes up.
 7 years ago '07        #175
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Also RIP to Bobert.

29 Goals and over 300+ PIM's in 88-89. WOW. .. From what I know and heard.
 7 years ago '07        #176
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
The St. Louis Blues have ensured that their prize acquisition will be sticking around for some time as the team announced on Tuesday that they had signed goaltender Jaroslav Halak to a four-year deal worth $15 million.

"Jaroslav will be a big help for our organization moving forward," said Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong in a statement. "He has made a great commitment to the Blues as he enters the prime of his career."

The Blues acquired the Bratislava, Slovakia native in exchange for prospects Lars Eller and Ian Schultz in a deal with the Montreal Canadiens last month. The 25-year old Halak is excited to get his career in the Gateway City underway.

"I've been looking forward to playing in St. Louis ever since the trade was announced," Halak said in a statement. "I believe in my abilities and hope to do some good things for the Blues."

Halak will earn $2.75 million in the first year of the contract, then $3.5 million in the second, $4.25 million in the third, and $4.5 in the final year of the contract.

Halak enjoyed a breakout season this past year with the Canadiens, posting a 26-13-5 record while finishing fourth in the league in save percentage at .940 and ninth in goals-against average at 2.40. He also picked up five shutouts.

Where Halak really impressed was in the post-season as he helped lead the Habs to an improbable run to the Eastern Final before being eliminated by the Philadelphia Flyers.

In 101 career NHL games, Halak sports a 56-34-7 record with a .919 save percentage and 2.62 goals-against average.

He was originally drafted by the Canadiens in the ninth round, 271st overall in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
 7 years ago '07        #177
space
space
Rob Niedermayer has signed a one-year deal with the Buffalo Sabres.

The deal is reportedly worth $1.15 million. Niedermayer notched 10 goals and 12 a.ssists in 71 games with the New Jersey Devils last season. He will bring a solid veteran presence to Buffalo's third or fourth line, but he has limited fantasy value at this stage in his career.
If you missed the 2010 Western Conference final between the San Jose Sharks and the Chicago Blackhawks, you missed Evgeni Nabokov's last game in the NHL. Russian newspaper Sovetsky Sport is reporting that the former Sharks goaltender has signed a four year contract with SKA St. Petersburg (link is in Russian) in the Kontinental Hockey League in Russia. Alexander Zaitsev from website Russian Hockey Fans has the details.

Evgeny Nabokov has signed a 4-year, $24-million contract with SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL, as reported by the Russian newspaper Sovetsky Sport.

The Sharks already made their bed with goaltending by saying they weren't bringing back Nabokov in the first place and then signing Antero Niittymaki to seal the deal. The rest of the league followed suit by not hurrying up to sign both Nabokov and Dallas' Marty Turco. With money seemingly running thin around the NHL and goaltending jobs being filled by less-expensive players, the writing was on the wall for Nabokov and the money was out there to be had back home in Russia. One interesting note to add, according to Yahoo's Dmitry Chesnokov, SKA St. Petersburg also went out of the way to make special arrangements for Nabokov.

Nabokov's Russian agent Isakov told Sovetsky Sport that "Nabokov will come over to Russia in the beginning of August with his entire family. We agreed on the sum with the St Petersburg club long time ago, and we were figuring out living related questions lately, which were related to the move of Evgeni's family to St. Petersburg."

The curious side effect of all this is the one it has on Ilya Kovalchuk's negotiations. Earlier today we mentioned that SKA St. Petersburg was also inquiring into Kovalchuk's availability. The catch with how things go salary cap-wise in the KHL is that each team is allowed to ignore salary restrictions on one player per team. SKA St. Petersburg has now used that exception on Nabokov, thus making any potential offers to Kovalchuk impossible to complete.

Unless another KHL team was to step out and make a possible offer, Kovalchuk is now left with having to negotiate with NHL teams which means having to make salary demands a bit more NHL-friendly if he'd like to play here. The cynical side of me wants to say that there's no coincidence in Nabokov's announcement and the news that Ilya Kovalchuk has re-engaged discussion with the Los Angeles Kings in contract talks
so much for nabokov to Philly

The Capitals continue to take care of their in-house business today by signing defenseman Jeff Schultz to a long-term contract. Tarik El-Bashir spreads the word from Washington.

The Caps have re-signed restricted free agent Jeff Schultz, I'm told, and thus will avoid salary arbitration.

TSN.ca is reporting the deal is worth $11 million over four years for a $2.75 million per season average.

The team is expected to make a formal announcement this afternoon.

Schultz led the NHL in plus/minus last season with a plus-50 rating. The 24-year-old also racked up three goals and 20 a.ssists in 73 games while skating alongside Mike Green.

In other news, Michael Nylander was placed on waivers at noon.

Ah, the curious case of Jeff Schultz and his incredible plus/minus rating. Playing on the same pairing with Mike Green and also, presumably, getting lots of ice time with the Caps first line of Alex Ovechkin, Nick Backstrom and Mike Knuble can lead to a player being on the ice for a lot of goals scored by his own team. Does this actually make Jeff Schultz a great defenseman worth nearly $3 million a year? That's debatable.

That price tag certainly isn't a big deal, however, but the length of the deal is what vexes me. After all, Schultz has been a mostly pedestrian defenseman through his NHL career and playing mostly with that offensive flying circus last year did him wonders in just one statistical column. Fortunately for him it's the one most people focus on when it comes to defensemen. Schultz's previous three seasons saw him put up plus/minus ratings of +5, +12 and +13. Getting such a big raise and commitment based on one big season is a big statement from the Caps. Whether it's one that's held up as a genius example or a bad example of investing in the future remains to be seen.
Stop me if you've heard this before. A report from a Russian publication called Sport Express is reporting that Ilya Kovalchuk is close to signing a deal with the KHL's SKA St. Petersburg. Oh, you're not stopping me? All right then. Rich Chere at the Newark Star-Ledger gives us the details.

SKA general manager Andrey Tochitsky told Sport Express that "it's hard to judge whether talks with Kovalchuk's agent are close to finish. We discuss terms of the agreement, but it's hard to say when they finish".

It has been rumored that SKA's offer of $9 million per season trumps what the Devils have offered -- somewhere in the range of $8.5 million per season over the course of a multi-year contract. Among NHL teams, the Devils are considered the favorite to land Kovalchuk.

To give you a clearer translation of what's going on here, it appears to be more politicking. This time it's coming from a league desperate to get a big win over the NHL as far as talent acquisition goes.

UPDATE: Helene Elliott of the LA Times tweets that the Los Angeles Kings are now back in the hunt for Kovalchuk. Welcome to Public Negotiations 101 folks.

Kings and Kovalchuk are "re-engaged" Lombardi says. Kovy to make first counter-offer today. This gets stranger and stranger...

That said, there is one piece of information from Chere that gets intriguing, mentioning that former San Jose Sharks goaltender Evgeni Nabokov has a lot of interest from the same team in Russia and that he's actually considering going there. Yahoo's Dmitry Chesnokov reported via Twitter that money isn't the issue with Nabokov.

Nabokov's Russian agent said the negotiation with the KHL is over concerns of Evgeni's family & his children. The next round is set for Wed.

Perhaps we'll get news of our first major player move to Russia since Jaromir Jagr left to join Avangard Omsk, but I wouldn't expect it to be from Ilya Kovalchuk.
I thought Kovy was already staying with NJ??
 7 years ago '07        #178
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
@ Nabakov, see ya you Russian f**got.

KHL
 7 years ago '04        #179
TurboE 
space
space
$863 | Props total: 2 2
cant believe Zherdev signed with Philly....see you later Simon Gagne.....plus they havent even addressed their goalie issue...
 7 years ago '05        #180
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,496 | Props total: 717 717
zherdev doesnt really fit with philly imo...caps need to trade semin hes a useless f**k
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
24 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy