NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #61
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
NHL's most annoying line in hockey quiet possibly... Ladd-Kesler-Burrows.
 7 years ago '07        #62
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Scott had a very nice career
I think they forgot too add the 2 Gold Medals..............Just sayin'.
 7 years ago '07        #63
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Just got a text from Boston radio station saying Bruins have acquired Horton, I'll see if i can dig up something online
 7 years ago '07        #64
space
space
TSN's Bob McKenzie has tweeted that a deal that would send Panthers' forward Nathan Horton to the Bruins is a "done deal." Details regarding other pieces in the deal remain unknown. A source told WEEI.com Sunday night that Horton expected to be traded and that the Bruins were one of a few teams close to acquiring him. TSN's Darren Dreger is reporting the deal is Horton and another Panther in exchange for one Bruins player.
 7 years ago '05        #65
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
yeah i think its safe to say leighton wont be returning here considering boucher is still under contract. i hope that leighton's performance does get him a contract somewhere else though because he did earn it
 7 years ago '07        #66
space
space
Gotta be Savard, right? RT @DarrenDreger: Bruins have acquired Nathan Horton from Florida. Details to follow.

I hope we didnt trade savard for horton and another player...
 7 years ago '07        #67
space
space
TSN's Bob McKenzie has tweeted that a deal that would send Panthers forward Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell to the Bruins is a "done deal." McKenzie says the Bruins have sent Dennis Wideman, the 15th overall pick and another pick in exchange for the players. A source told WEEI.com Sunday night that Horton expected to be traded and that the Bruins were one of a few teams close to acquiring him.
 7 years ago '04        #68
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,232 | Props total: 541 541
 keithbm1111 said:
TSN's Bob McKenzie has tweeted that a deal that would send Panthers forward Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell to the Bruins is a "done deal." McKenzie says the Bruins have sent Dennis Wideman, the 15th overall pick and another pick in exchange for the players. A source told WEEI.com Sunday night that Horton expected to be traded and that the Bruins were one of a few teams close to acquiring him.
Thats the deal, and I'm hearing that the second draft pick the Bruins gave up was a 2011 3rd rounder. So this is the deal:

FLA To BOS
Nathan Horton
Gregory Cambell

BOS To FLA
Dennis Wideman
15th Pick 2010
3rd Round Pick 2011

I'm mostly happy. Wideman is gone and so is his cap hit. Not happy about giving up the 15th overall pick, but we still got the #2 pick and we get a former #3 pick who with our centers could hopefully score 30 goals again
 7 years ago '07        #69
space
space
Yeah I like the trade, I feel like we could have got more for the 15th pick in a package, but I'll take Horton. Throw him on a line with Savard or Krejci, even Bergeron and he should be able to produce.

Also means we must be ready to get a D Man...Chara and Seidenberg, Boychuck and Ference, Hunwick and ?...maybe I'm just forgetting someone

Last edited by keithbm1111; 06-22-2010 at 01:43 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #70
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Yeah I like the trade, I feel like we could have got more for the 15th pick in a package, but I'll take Horton. Throw him on a line with Savard or Krejci, even Bergeron and he should be able to produce.

Also means we must be ready to get a D Man...Chara and Seidenberg, Boychuck and Ference, Hunwick and ?...maybe I'm just forgetting someone
Boychuk still isn't signed and neither has Mark Stuart. So our D right now consists of Sedenberg, Chara, Hunwick, and Ference. But we just got one of our solid prospects out of Russia and he is D-man, Yuri Alexandrov. Here is the scounting report:

"A dependable defenseman…shoots left…doesn’t have many weak spots…main area of improvement is his body mass and strength– he is very light…good top speed… skates well backwards …a technically sound skater…a strong leader (1988 born national team’s captain)...aggressive – likes to hit, likes the physical aspect of the game…a capable power play quarterback…dangerous as both a shooter and a passer…shot – not bad, good strong shot…solid first pass out of the zone…controls the puck well, modern two way defenseman…gets ice time in Cherepovets – not much, but consistently gets ice time."

I know they are shopping Tim Thomas aggressively, so maybe they will free up cap space to get that D-Man or acquire one in a Tim Thomas deal.
 7 years ago '07        #71
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Just woke up and saw the trade...

Kinda confused on Florida's part......They we're 3rd last in goals last season and they give up Horton for a D-Man....I'm guessin' they'll be moving that 3rd pick, since they got the 15th now?
 7 years ago '07        #72
space
space
 {XtoDaZ} said:
Boychuk still isn't signed and neither has Mark Stuart. So our D right now consists of Sedenberg, Chara, Hunwick, and Ference. But we just got one of our solid prospects out of Russia and he is D-man, Yuri Alexandrov. Here is the scounting report:

"A dependable defenseman…shoots left…doesn’t have many weak spots…main area of improvement is his body mass and strength– he is very light…good top speed… skates well backwards …a technically sound skater…a strong leader (1988 born national team’s captain)...aggressive – likes to hit, likes the physical aspect of the game…a capable power play quarterback…dangerous as both a shooter and a passer…shot – not bad, good strong shot…solid first pass out of the zone…controls the puck well, modern two way defenseman…gets ice time in Cherepovets – not much, but consistently gets ice time."

I know they are shopping Tim Thomas aggressively, so maybe they will free up cap space to get that D-Man or acquire one in a Tim Thomas deal.
@ me forgetting Stuart, I love stuart. We need to get him signed, along with Boychuk...he's got a great shot. I'm wondering what we're gonna do with sobotka, he's better than a 4th line center, but we dont have much place for him. I guess we can move him to a wing to play 3rd line...he always works his a.ss off and can take and deliver hits. I'd like to see him play a full season.

and i heard a little about Alexandrov, not much but i heard he could be pretty good
 7 years ago '04        #73
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
@ me forgetting Stuart, I love stuart. We need to get him signed, along with Boychuk...he's got a great shot. I'm wondering what we're gonna do with sobotka, he's better than a 4th line center, but we dont have much place for him. I guess we can move him to a wing to play 3rd line...he always works his a.ss off and can take and deliver hits. I'd like to see him play a full season.

and i heard a little about Alexandrov, not much but i heard he could be pretty good
iono about Sobtka, he is a gritty player but he cannot score and is a mediocre defensive player. I wouldn't mind him being a side piece in a trade to somewhere he can play a more prominent role.
 7 years ago '07        #74
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The San Jose Sharks will not offer goaltender Evgeni Nabokov a contract when he becomes an unrestricted free agent next week, cutting ties with one of the franchise's cornerstone players.

General manager Doug Wilson announced the decision Tuesday in a pre-draft news conference, shortly after delivering the news personally to Nabokov.

"He's been outstanding for this organization, a big part of our successes," Wilson said. "I have great respect for him as a player, as a man and a teammate."

Nabokov said at the end of the season that he would like to remain in San Jose, but noted that it was not his decision entirely. Nabokov made US$6 million last year in the final season of his five-year contract.

Wilson noted a direction in the NHL in which teams have had great success with lower-paid goaltenders, most recently with Chicago winning the Stanley Cup with Antti Niemi, who made $827,000 this season.

"If you look at the trends in this league the last four or five years in particular and the dollars that are dedicated to that position," he said. "If you're dedicating $5 or $6 million, that's coming out of somewhere else."

Nabokov has been one of the top goalies in the league the past few years, winning an NHL-best 131 games over the past three seasons. He has a 293-215-29 record in 10 seasons with the Sharks, with a 2.39 goals against average.

Nabokov went 44-26 with a 2.43 goals against average last season, helping the Sharks reach the Western Conference final this year, where they were swept by Chicago.

The Sharks will give a chance to backup Thomas Greiss, who started 11 games this season and also played for Germany in the Olympics, as well as minor league goalie Alex Stalock, who won 39 games and had a 2.63 goals against average with Worcester in the AHL.

Wilson said the team would also look to add a veteran goalie either through a trade or free agency to pair with one of the younger goalies. Among the goalies eligible to become unrestricted free agents are Dallas' Marty Turco, St. Louis' Chris Mason, Philadelphia's Michael Leighton and Washington's Jose Theodore.

"The goaltending market is very deep," Wilson said. "There's lots of goalies that are out there that you can supplement or build a tandem with what you have. Make no mistake, we're very pleased with the goaltenders we have in our system and they'll be given an opportunity."

With a decision made not to try to retain Nabokov, the focus for the Sharks turns to the other unrestricted free agents, most notably leading goal scorer Patrick Marleau. The decision to let Nabokov leave could free up more money for Marleau if necessary.

Forwards Scott Nichol and Manny Malhotra, and defenceman Niclas Wallin are also among the unrestricted free agents the Sharks want to keep. Wilson is also looking to lock up restricted free agents Joe Pavelski and Devin Setoguchi.

"I would like to get all the pieces done prior to the draft," Wilson said. "That would be my home run."

The Sharks will lose at least two key players from the team that reached the Western Conference final, with captain Rob Blake announcing his retirement last week.

But Wilson believes there is plenty of help coming through the system with some young players who can complement stars like Joe Thornton, Dany Heatley and Dan Boyle to maintain the Sharks' position as a perennial contender.

"We think this team is going into a four- or five-year window," Wilson said. "Just look at the age of the team with Blakey not being back and Nabber not being back. We're a young team actually coming into its prime. Now I have to forecast the dedication of dollars going forward."
 7 years ago '07        #75
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
The National Hockey League Players' a.ssociation Executive Board has elected to maintain the 5 percent Growth Factor for the 2010-2011 season.

The growth factor is automatic under terms of the CBA, once revenues exceed $2.1 billion unless either the NHL/NHLPA proposes another Growth Factor based on actual revenue experience or other projections.

The NHL and the NHLPA will jointly announce the 2010-2011 Payroll Range prior to July 1, 2010.

In addition, the NHLPA exercised its option to extend the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for the 2011-12 season. The current CBA between the NHLPA and the National Hockey League (NHL) was scheduled to expire on September 15, 2011, will now remain in effect through the 2011-12 season.

Statement from NHLPA Executive Board:

"The NHLPA is pleased to announce to hockey fans that the CBA will remain in effect through the 2011-12 season. It is apparent through the operation of the CBA that there are a number of issues that require serious examination. The NHLPA is currently reviewing these issues and will be forming a negotiating committee in the coming months in order to address these matters."
 7 years ago '07        #76
space
space
So Greg Campbell is really Colins son? that sucks
 7 years ago '05        #77
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
just saw a big trade on espn with the hawks and thrashers and it involved big buf and sopel. i give you the particulars when i find em
 7 years ago '07        #78
space
space
damn...sounds like a big one
 7 years ago '07        #79
space
space
prohockeytalk.com.......

Note: This isn't quite confirmed yet. Keep your eye on PHT for the official word ... or the possibility that the trade fell through.

While the salary cap went up higher than many expected - reportedly all the way up to $59.4 million - the Chicago Blackhawks still were forced to move a huge piece (literally and figuratively) in playoff hero Dustin Byfuglien. I first heard of it from a Tweet by Kevin Allen of USA Today, but TSN spells it out in terms of the actual picks and players exchanged in the gigantic deal.

Byfuglien, along with Brent Sopel, Ben Eager and Akim Aliu, will be headed to Atlanta in exchange for the 24th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the 54th pick, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

Wow. Let's all take a second to soak that one in. OK, now let's look at it in terms of salary cap terms since that's obviously what caused this to happen. Keep in mind the Blackhawks also received those draft picks.

Atlanta receives:

Byfuglien ($3 million cap hit through 2010-11 season)

Sopel ($2.33 through 10-11)

Ben Eager (RFA)

Akim Aliu (845K if he's at the NHL-level)

Chicago receives

Reasoner ($1.15 million through 10-11)

Morin (About $975K through 12-13 if he's at the NHL-level)

So, the Thrashers get an inconsistent but impact forward in Byfuglien plus a steady, veteran defenseman in Sopel. The Blackhawks save about $4 million on the cap (although they'll save more if they get rid of Reasoner and less if they keep Reasoner and Morin on the club).

It's an interesting deal for both teams. The Blackhawks receive draft picks that were originally the New Jersey Devils' and (perhaps most importantly) valuable cap space in what could be a trying summer. The Thrashers get a huge (though, again, not necessarily dependable) power forward and depth players to boot.

Blackhawks fans might be sad to see "Buffy the Hamburger Slayer" go, but they had to know that someone would be left out in the salary cap mess. For the Thrashers, the Ilya Kovalchuk trade more or less netted them Dustin Byfuglien, Johnny Oduya, Niclas Bergfors, Brent Sopel, Ben Eager and Akim Aliu.

I'm sure that Brandon and Joe will have more on this and/or the other trades as they go down in one has already been a crazy week. Expect things to continue as draft day approaches on Friday.
 7 years ago '07        #80
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
^^^

TSN is reporting it too.. was just about too post.

Peace the f**k out Big Buf, never gotta see your f**got a.ss in the West again. He'll be a faded player in ATL.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now