2010 NHL Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #21
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
he Montreal Canadiens dealt the goaltender who led them through their incredible postseason run, as the club has traded Jaroslav Halak to the St. Louis Blues.

In return, the Habs receive forward Lars Eller and forward Ian Schultz.

Halak, 25, spent the last four seasons with the Canadiens and shared the goaltending duties with Carey Price after being called up from the American Hockey League's Hamilton Bulldogs in February of 2008. He made his NHL debut in place of injured goaltender Cristobal Huet during the 2006-07 season with a 10-6 record, 2.89 goals-against average and .906 save percentage.

This past season, Halak's incredible play between the pipes led the Canadiens on deep run into the playoffs before they were eliminated by the Flyers in the Eastern Conference final.

Halak was 26-13-5 in 2009-10 for Montreal and ranked fourth in the NHL in save percentage (.924), ninth in goals against average (2.40) and was tied for fifth with five shutouts. In his 26 wins this season he had a GAA of 1.68 and a save percentage of .948.

The 2009-10 Molson Cup winner as team MVP was 44-27-6 over the last two seasons in Montreal with a save percentage of .924 and a GAA of 2.59.

The native of Slovakia, drafted 271st overall by Montreal in 2003, will become a restricted free agent in July and is eligible for salary arbitration.

Eller, 21, suited for seven games with the Blues in 2009-10, scoring twice. He played with the Blues' AHL affiliate in Peoria last season where he tallied 57 points in 70 games. The Danish forward, who also played in the American Hockey League All-Star Game, finished 9th in the AHL with 22 powerplay a.ssists.

A native of Herlev, in Denmark, Eller was a first round selection, 13th overall by the St. Louis Blues in the 2007 draft.

Schultz, 20, played in 2009-10 with the Calgary Hitman, tallying 55 points in 70 games with 150 penalty minutes.

Smart move, but bold move by management...Carey Price definitely matured over the post season...yeah Halak played unreal, but he also got pulled against Caps & Pens, and played horrible against the Flyers.

If Eller pans out, Canadiens made a damn good move...not completely solid on Schultz though.
 7 years ago '07        #22
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Was just about to post that..didnt really see that coming
 7 years ago '07        #23
space
space
Todd Bertuzzi has inked a two-year, $3.875 million contract with the Detroit Red Wings.

He potted 18 goals and 44 points in 82 games during the regular season before posting 11 points in 12 playoff contests. Bertuzzi had ups and downs throughout the 2009-10 campaign, but he should continue to be a scoring presence on the Wings if he can remain in their top six forward group
 7 years ago '07        #24
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Was just about to post that..didnt really see that coming
Word STL really took a risk since he's an RFA. & STL had no contract talks before the trade happened....and I guess theres KHL suitors....
 7 years ago '04        #25
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 27 27
 bigdjayz said:
Laugh it up but we have a proven 30 goal scorer who will probably score 40 next year.. I dont see Hall doing that..

Where do you guys get those team logos in your signatures?
id much rather have hall + 2nd round pick + a high draft pick in 11 than phil down syndrom kessel.
 7 years ago '05        #26
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Interesting to see Bertuzzi resign since it didn't look like it was gonna happen.
 7 years ago '07        #27
space
space
I'd like to preface this post with a quick disclaimer: right now, this can only be classified as a rumor, although one that certainly seems to have legs. Proceed with caution.

Pro Hockey Talk has learned of a possible trade in the works, with the Boston Bruins dealing Blake Wheeler and Marc Savard to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for the fourth overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. It's likely that the Bruins would also include their 15th overall pick in the deal as well, leaving Boston with both the second and fourth pick in the first round.

Talking to another source, PHT was told that the Blue Jackets are interested in trading away their pick, although as of now there is nothing concrete in the works as far as a trade goes. Considering how reliable our source is for the information regarding this trade proposal, it seems as though there is certainly something substantial in the works although there is no guarantee this is going down. It's also important to note that Boston including that 15th pick isn't certain, although you wonder if Wheeler and Savard alone are worth the 4th. So you'd think something else would have to come back Boston's way, although I doubt they're looking to take on much salary in this trade.

Here is where things get dicey however, if this is in fact the proposed trade. Marc Savard has a full no-trade clause that he would have to waive and Blake Wheeler isn't under contract for next season -- he's to become a restricted free agent after making $2.8 million last season. Savard would have had to agree to be traded to Columbus, something I haven't even caught wind of being a possibility. While it's certainly possibly, that right now is the big sticking point in this deal.

Columbus is also hoping to acquire top line center this summer (hence the rumors about a possible Spezza trade) and while Savard has decent numbers throughout his career I'm not certain he's the level of center the Blue Jackets are hoping for on the first line. That being said, he would still help fill a void on the Blue Jackets roster and allow them some flexibility to not have to give up a ransom this summer to make either make a trade for center or overpay in free agency.

For Boston, this is a trade that works in freeing up cap space while also giving themselves the ability to instantly infuse the franchise with two outstanding and talented young players, one of which will certainly make an immediate impact. The cap space is important, especially if the Bruins are looking to make a big splash in free agency -- Patrick Marleau, anyone?

So, at first glance this trade proposal leaves you shaking your head a bit but it makes sense if you start to break it down. I also think that the Bruins would be giving up a ton for that 4th pick, but if they use that cap space to make a big free agency signing it will all even out.

Once again, at this point this is just a rumor -- although one that is from a very reliable source. This isn't a trade that is finalized, so the parts may change and it may fall apart, but what's the NHL draft without some crazy trade rumors?
 7 years ago '07        #28
space
space
Our story yesterday on the rumored trade proposal between Columbus and Boston caused a bit of stir and if nothing else left people scratching their heads a bit. Before writing up the story, I double checked with my source on the information he was giving me and then posted the proposed trade that would leave Boston with the 2nd and 4th pick in next week's draft. This morning I followed up, and was a.ssured that this was a proposal that "has been discussed" by Boston and Columbus.

It's important to note one thing: not once have we reported this trade as a done deal or anything other than a rumor. At this point, it's something that's been discussed between the two teams and there's a number of factors that could change if this trade does indeed go down.

The first and biggest issue with this trade (as it's been proposed) is the no-trade clause in Marc Savard's contract. There was some discussion last night over whether he currently has a NTC in place; his contract extension doesn't take effect until July 1st, but as far as we can determine he still has a NTC in place with the contract he's under right now. When Savard signed his extension mid-season, he made it clear that Boston was where he wanted to finish his career.

Here is what Savard had to say in December:

"With all the incredible sports teams they have here and the fans' knowledge about all the events, it's incredible," Savard said. "Since day one, I look back at the playoffs and to see what could be really excites me, too, especially when we play the Canadiens in the playoffs and the way fans react. It's something that we'd like to try to finish here."

"When I signed a seven-year deal, obviously it was to play the whole seven years," Savard said. "So that's how I look at it right now and I think that's what I'm going to be true to right now. I really haven't thought about anything else."

It was obvious that Savard at the time made it clear he wanted to finish his career in Boston, but who knows what's happened since then. It's also possible that the Bruins have discussed a possible trade involving Savard, since he could be the center the Blue Jackets are looking for, while thinking there's a chance he waives the NTC.

With this just being a discussion between the two teams, it's likely the parts will certainly change. If Savard isn't willing to waive his NTC, then you wonder if the Bruins have the parts that the Blue Jackets would want in order to give up the 4th pick.

As of now, we're nowhere near reporting this as a done deal. It's likely not close either, especially as I learned this morning that this trade was still in just the discussion phase.

I understand some of the responses I've seen on here and on Twitter, especially when a trade rumor of this magnitude seemingly comes out of nowhere. I can guarantee that this is not a "total fabrication" and that this comes from a reliable source. Is it being reported as fact? Not even close.
 7 years ago '07        #29
space
space
so basically its syaing Halls gonna go to Edmonton, Seguin to Boston, Savard and Wheeler to Columbus, Cam Fowler to Boston, and might mean no Chara after enxt year

i dont know about it, I've been eharing stuff about Savard not being a great team person and s**t, who knows
 7 years ago '05        #30
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 keithbm1111 said:
so basically its syaing Halls gonna go to Edmonton, Seguin to Boston, Savard and Wheeler to Columbus, Cam Fowler to Boston, and might mean no Chara after enxt year

i dont know about it, I've been eharing stuff about Savard not being a great team person and s**t, who knows
damn thats crazy
 7 years ago '07        #31
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:

Savard and Rick Nash
 7 years ago '07        #32
space
space
i heard on the radio, guy said marc savard and blake wheeler to columbus..my first thought was, please tell me rick nash is involved...too bad
 7 years ago '07        #33
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Flyers trade Ryan Parent to Nashville for rights to Dam Hamhuis

Flyers tried to get Hamhuis at deadline (as did Canucks), but price was too high then. Predators needed him to get to playoffs.

Flyers also picking up a conditional pick in 2011 in the Parent-to-Nashville deal. Poile keeps his team competitive with deals like this.

f**k.....Canucks gotta make some moves for a D-Man.

I wanted someone like Hamhuis.
 7 years ago '07        #34
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
The Nashville Predators pulled off another trade on Saturday, sending captain Jason Arnott to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forward Matt Halischuk and a second-round selection in the 2011 Entry Draft.
 7 years ago '07        #35
space
space
damn, i like arnott, didnt know he was even thought of being traded
 7 years ago '07        #36
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
damn, i like arnott, didnt know he was even thought of being traded
Preds are getting young again....they have a damn good GM, thats why they stay competitive year in and year out.

Hornqvist is gonna be a star.

& Suter + Weber >>

I hope they don't trade Suter unless its too a dope team like Canucks. hahahahah
 7 years ago '07        #37
space
space
Tim Thomas is likely the next goalie to be traded.

Thomas is still a first-line goalie but the Bruins don't need to pay him $5 million to share time with the emerging Tuukka Rask. Boston needs to shed some salary in order to make some other changes to its roster and still be within the cap. Trading Thomas is probably the easiest way to accomplish that. Despite his substantial salary, there should be a number of contending teams vying for Thomas' services. Philadelphia, Washington, San Jose and possibly Tampa will likely be calling Bruin GM Peter Chiarelli about Thomas. Stay tuned.

Don't be surprised if the Flyers offer Jeff Carter around in order to acquire a front-line goalie.

Perhaps the Bruins will be interested in Carter for Tim Thomas. Carter is the sniper that Marc Savard has been missing on his wing since the trade of Phil Kessel to Toronto. There would likely be more involved in a Carter for Thomas deal, but it is worth keeping an eye on. The Kings, who are set to add former Flyer head coach John Stevens to their coaching staff, may also be interested in moving a goalie for Carter.
Count Toronto as one of the many teams that may be interested in acquiring Nathan Horton from Florida.

He fits GM Brian Burke's shopping list---young, talented, big and truculent who can play on the Buds' first or second line. Buffalo and Boston are also thought to be frontrunners in the Horton sweepstakes. The Leafs are also said to be interested in the Hawks' Patrick Sharp and UFA Dan Hamhuis. Stay tuned.
 7 years ago '07        #38
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Tim Thomas is likely the next goalie to be traded.

Thomas is still a first-line goalie but the Bruins don't need to pay him $5 million to share time with the emerging Tuukka Rask. Boston needs to shed some salary in order to make some other changes to its roster and still be within the cap. Trading Thomas is probably the easiest way to accomplish that. Despite his substantial salary, there should be a number of contending teams vying for Thomas' services. Philadelphia, Washington, San Jose and possibly Tampa will likely be calling Bruin GM Peter Chiarelli about Thomas. Stay tuned.
Props on this.

I've been saying Carter will be traded in exchange for a goalie.

Kessel + ____ + Sharp
 7 years ago '07        #39
space
space
yeah me and grisly said in the playoff thread, thomas for carter straight up
 7 years ago '07        #40
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
May be busiest two weeks in NHL for trades since the lockout, outside of deadline days of course. Lots of teams looking to do big things.
Things likely to go down: Nathan Horton and others in Fla.; much in CHI; more moves in NASH; perhaps Spezza; more in PHI; Kaberle. Busy busy

& for anyone who doesn't know who Bob Mckenzie is..he's one of the most respected insiders/analysts.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy