2010 NHL Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #241
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
With just hours before the no-trade clause on Tomas Kaberle's contract is reinstated, Brian Burke says that it looks, at this point, like Kaberle will be staying with the Maple Leafs.

"If these offers are all we get...he's staying put," Burke told TSN on Sunday morning.

Toronto's president and general manager explained that there was no action on Saturday night.

The no-trade clause on Kaberle's contract has been lifted since the NHL Entry Draft in June. That window expires at midnight tonight, after which point the 32-year old defenceman must once again give his consent before being traded.
I still think he's gone by the end of the day...Burkie is tryin' to play mindgames.
 7 years ago '10        #242
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,828 | Props total: 5996 5996
 m-f said:
I still think he's gone by the end of the day...Burkie is tryin' to play mindgames.
Been checking tsn.ca every half an hour since yesterday and now that I see this Im positive he's gone by the end of the day.
 7 years ago '07        #243
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 305 305
They need to just trade ihm already, enough with the rumors, just send him on his way
 7 years ago '05        #244
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,493 | Props total: 717 717
i was reading the toronto paper today and they were going on about how kaberle should play forward

the media is toronto is f**ked...
 7 years ago '07        #245
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 BrownBag said:
someone enlighten me about this guy...
The article says exactly what he's bringin' to the team.
 7 years ago '07        #246
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 gangtsa said:
Than they loan huet to a swiss team lol. So who's there backup now..carl crawford?
Yeah obviii...

&

VANCOUVER -- Free agent forward Raffi Torres signed a US$1-million, one-year contract with the Vancouver Canucks, the team said Wednesday.

Torres split last season between Columbus and Buffalo, scoring 19 goals and getting 17 a.ssists in 74 games.

He is expected to add a physical, scoring presence to the Canucks' third line. He should also get a chance to play with the first line as winger Alex Burrows recovers from summer shoulder surgery expected to keep him out at least the first month of the season.

Torres made $2.75 million last season, the final one in a three-year, $6.75-million contract he signed in 2007. But he failed to score with Buffalo after being acquired at the trade deadline for defenceman Nathan Paetsch and a second-round draft pick.

He managed only five a.ssists in the final 14 regular-season games and was a healthy scratch after recording two a.ssists in the first four games of the playoffs, as the Sabres were upset by Boston in the first round.
Love this signing, our grit ..

Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Kings have agreed to terms with free-agent defenseman Willie Mitchell on a two-year contract worth $3.5 million per season.

Mitchell's 2009-10 season was derailed by a concussion, limiting him to 48 games where he posted four goals and 12 points.

The former eighth-round pick of the New Jersey Devils in 1996, the 33-year-old has compiled 19 goals, 119 points and 621 penalty minutes in 586 NHL games with the Devils, Wild, Stars and Canucks.
 7 years ago '05        #247
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
Just for anyone who's interested odds came out. Caps, Pens, Hawks, Canucks are the favorites. In that order.
 7 years ago '05        #248
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Reppindaburghh said:
Just for anyone who's interested odds came out. Caps, Pens, Hawks, Canucks are the favorites. In that order.
Not winning, will likely make it to the Finals, not winning, might make it to the Finals
 7 years ago '07        #249
space
space
I put money on the Bruins when I was in Vegas...17/1 odds I had to
 7 years ago '05        #250
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
There are reports emitting from Chicago that Antti Niemi will sign with the San Jose Sharks.

It is believed the Finnish goaltender will sign a one-year, $2 million contract. Antero Niittymaki, who was signed earlier this off-season, would likely end up as Niemi's backup while plans for Thomas Greiss and Alex Stalock would have to determined after training camp. We'll keep you posted.

7 years ago '05        #251
BoSox84 
space
space
 PLAYERIZM said:

Don't think he'll be nearly as good without the 'Hawks D blocking a billion shots in front of him
 7 years ago '05        #252
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Don't think he'll be nearly as good without the 'Hawks D blocking a billion shots in front of him
he'll be better then Nabby, Nittamaki or Greiss
 7 years ago '05        #253
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
 BrownBag said:
good pick up for the sharks...still f**king crying over the fact we give away a f**king STANLEY CUP WINNING GOALTENDER!
we were either gonna take Hjalmarsson or Niemi & yall chose to let Niemi go

7 years ago '07        #254
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 PLAYERIZM said:
we were either gonna take Hjalmarsson or Niemi & yall chose to let Niemi go

Sharks D is still garbage.. only reason Niemi looked good was cause of the Depth and shot blocking of Chi-Town.
 7 years ago '07        #255
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Ah didn't see your post, toook the words out of my mouth.
 7 years ago '07        #256
space
space
The New York Post is reporting that the NHL could void the contract of Roberto Luongo as early as Friday.

The NHL would also not allow the potential contract of Ilya Kovalchuk the report says if the NHLPA is not willing to change some parts of the existing CBA to avoid front-loading long-term contracts. It is reported that the NHL wants to count only the years of a contract before the age of 40 towards the salary cap and negotiations are on-going. Luongo signed a 12-year/$64 million contract extension a year ago and the contract kicks in this season as he still had a year remaining on his old deal. The article also states that the Marian Hossa contract is still being investigated.Should both sides finally come to an agreement, the Kovalchuk, Luongo and all other deals will be grandfathered in. Stay tuned as this story is far from over.

seasons a few weeks away
 7 years ago '05        #257
BoSox84 
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
The New York Post is reporting that the NHL could void the contract of Roberto Luongo as early as Friday.

The NHL would also not allow the potential contract of Ilya Kovalchuk the report says if the NHLPA is not willing to change some parts of the existing CBA to avoid front-loading long-term contracts. It is reported that the NHL wants to count only the years of a contract before the age of 40 towards the salary cap and negotiations are on-going. Luongo signed a 12-year/$64 million contract extension a year ago and the contract kicks in this season as he still had a year remaining on his old deal. The article also states that the Marian Hossa contract is still being investigated.Should both sides finally come to an agreement, the Kovalchuk, Luongo and all other deals will be grandfathered in. Stay tuned as this story is far from over.

seasons a few weeks away
And the Wings' decade long contracts stay untouched. Ken Holland FTW
 7 years ago '07        #258
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
How can they Void a contract thats already been signed and approved by the league?

7 years ago '07        #259
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Alright after all the moves, and training camp/pre season almost starting up.. goin' to make some predictions.

Top 5 SC contenders.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Easily the best team up the middle, Staal/Malkin/Crosby. Added 2 D-Men in Paul Martin and Z. Michalek, and lost Gonchar. More rest than the past 2 years, and Crosby is hungry again no doubt.

Philly Flyers - Didn't lose anyone but Gagne, added Redden easily have one of the best D. Cores in the league, and the team with more depth than them got weaker (Chi-Town)

V. City Canucks - Homer Pick, but also got better in this offseason with the additions of Ballard and Hamhuis to the back end along with Raffi Torres, Maholtra.

Detroit - is there really any need for reasoning?

Bruins - Horton/Savard could be a nasty duo if it goes like I think it will, Horton is the phsycially PF that Savard needed along his wing. Seguin could easily be ROY, only thing is their back end.

Runners up: Blackhawks & Caps.

09-07-2010, 08:40 PM         #260
Fresh 84 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anybody down for a yahoo fantasy league? If anybody wants to set one up with a live draft i'm down
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy