Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #221
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,496 | Props total: 717 717
As soon as I saw that contract for Kovalchuk I said it was f**king bulls**t...f**k NJ
 7 years ago '05        #222
danny|M 7 heat pts
space
space
$36,267 | Props total: 2605 2605
 mattdogg444 said:
As soon as I saw that contract for Kovalchuk I said it was f**king bulls**t...f**k NJ
Tell them why you're mad.
 7 years ago '07        #223
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Hockey does funny things to people, especially in Canada. Take the case of a Winnipeg area man who had an emergency and dialed 911 to have the dispatchers address for him. Hilarity and an abuse of the system ensues.

A 33-year-old resident of Lundar, Manitoba is facing numerous charges after allegedly making a series of 911 calls which included demanding RCMP officers somehow bring the National Hockey League back to the province.

"He began the conversation by saying he wanted the Jets back. He was quite upset about it," a justice source told the Free Press on Wednesday. The incident occurred last year but was never reported publicly by police. The Free Press uncovered details this week through court documents.

The potential return of the NHL has been a hot topic in recent years, with many believing it's a matter of when, not if, Winnipeg gets a team back. And while the subject usually triggers passionate debate, this is believed to be the first time it has ever prompted police action.

The emergency dispatcher politely told the angry caller there was nothing she could do to help him and reminded him that he was tying up a valuable resource before hanging up. But the man continued to phone back, claiming he had a lot on his mind.

"He had apparently been drinking and told police he hadn't slept in days. He started talking about world conglomerates, things like that. He was hallucinating, obviously," said the source.

The final straw came when the man began insulting the 911 operator, eventually calling her a crude name. She warned him that his number had been traced and police were being sent out to arrest him.

"If you're coming to get me, can you bring me some smokes," was his reply.

Unsurprisingly, the poor sap was arrested and then released for the disturbance over the phone. I am shocked, SHOCKED, to learn that alcohol was the source of this man's dismay as much as the Jets leaving town 14 years ago was.

Perhaps part of his community service through all this, should he have to do that, is to greet fans at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg before Manitoba Moose games. That or give him season tickets if the Jets ever end up resurrected from the ashes, he does seem to want them back more than most anyone else in Canada after all.
pretty funny
 7 years ago '05        #224
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 keithbm1111 said:
pretty funny
 7 years ago '07        #225
space
space
Alexander Frolov could sign with the New York Rangers on Tuesday.

"Alexander Frolov will soon put his signature on a contract with the New York Rangers," Frolov’s agent, Sergei Isakov said. "He made a decision that he will play one more year in the NHL. And then it will be clearer where he will continue his career." Frolov has surpassed the 30-goal milestone twice in the last four seasons, but he's coming off a disappointing 19-goal and 51-point campaign. Look for him to bounce back if he signs with the Rangers, especially if he ends up playing with Marian Gaborik.

I like Frolov, he'd be a pretty nice pickup for NYR.
 7 years ago '04        #226
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66

"He made a decision that he will play one more year in the NHL. And then it will be clearer where he will continue his career."

he's really debating on retiring before he hits 30??.....or does this mean he'll sign a deal wit the KHL if this doesn't work out?
 7 years ago '07        #227
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Hawks sign Turco to 1 year 1.5M dollar deal? Contingent on them walkin' away from Niemi's arbitration .... WTF?
 7 years ago '07        #228
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 BrownBag said:
this just ruined my summer right here...

@ Turco.. dudes good but he ain't the same, how you gonna walk away from Niemi after he won the damn cup for ya'll.

& Wtf Todd White to the Rangers for Brasher and who?
How black does ATL wanna be I think they have 6 or 7 now /noracist.
 7 years ago '04        #229
TurboE 
space
space
$863 | Props total: 2 2
 m-f said:
Wtf Todd White to the Rangers for Brasher and who?
How black does ATL wanna be I think they have 6 or 7 now /noracist.
Thrashers plan on putting Brashear on unconditional waivers and buying out his contract anyway....im so pumped the Rangers were able to dump that contract....Rissmiller was a bum too waste of a Mill....White im a.ssuming heading straight to AHL although im not sure.....now only have to put Redden on waivers...resign Staal and trade Rosival and were good to go
 7 years ago '05        #230
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
Sharks Better sign Niemi
 7 years ago '07        #231
space
space
Mike Modano is expected to sign with the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday.

Detroit offered Modano a one-year/$1.25 million contract in July, but Modano needed some time to decide his future. If Modano signs with the Red Wings, he'll serve as the team's third line center.
pretty sick.
 7 years ago '05        #232
mattdogg444 
space
space
caps need to scoop niemi
 7 years ago '07        #233
space
space
No, the Caps need to grow a set and trade for Tim Thomas. We'll take that bum Ovechkin, but we'd really be losing big time if we did.
 7 years ago '05        #234
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
@ the Hawks lettin Niemi go for old a.ss Marty Turco
 7 years ago '05        #235
mattdogg444 
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
No, the Caps need to grow a set and trade for Tim Thomas. We'll take that bum Ovechkin, but we'd really be losing big time if we did.
I wouldnt take Tim Thomas over Nurvirth
 7 years ago '10        #236
hockeysniper 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 keithbm1111 said:
you're delusional if you think anyone is trading for Thomas with that god awful contract he's got.
 7 years ago '07        #237
space
space
 hockeysniper said:
you're delusional if you think anyone is trading for Thomas with that god awful contract he's got.
I'm pretty convinced he'll be remain in Boston...not a bad backup a little pricey but, hey not my money
 7 years ago '07        #238
space
space
What the f**k is the NHL doing? Why must they always make themselves look bad. Really checking into Savard, Luongo, and Hossa's contracts also? Savard signed his deal 9 months ago, and its still an investigation? Gary Bettman is a f**king retard, I know its not just him, but come on now, these guys are insane.
The playoffs got their ratings up pretty well, now they're going to try and do some stupid s**t like this, because "they can" These guys need to get their act together
 7 years ago '07        #239
space
space
For the last 10 days, Brendan Millhouser has been questioning his sanity.

The Chicago Blackhawks fan attended the team's annual fan convention on July 31 at the Hilton Chicago, which featured a display of trophies courtesy of the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. Among the hardware was the Prince of Wales Trophy, given to the winner of the NHL's Eastern Conference each season.

Last season, that champion was the Philadelphia Flyers; so Millhouser was stunned and baffled to see the Washington Capitals' name etched on the trophy -- taking a photo with his Verizon Droid camera and Tweeting his reaction to his followers:

He posted several images to his online gallery and sent them around to Chicago media. But it failed to garner any reaction; perhaps an alleged mistake that egregious, in this electronic media age, felt as if it could have been a hoax or a practical joke created by Photoshop. Professional journalists, bloggers, fans ... none were willing to accept the images' validity, especially with one random fan in Chicago as the only person writing about it.

"I was getting frustrated as a fan, but I'm a cynical guy myself. I had my family look at the pictures for me, [saying] 'Can you guys tell me I'm not crazy?'" said Millhouser. "But it's not like I thought someone put the Capitals on there on purpose."

RockTheRed.net, a Capitals blog, finally gave a spotlight to the engraving faux pas last week. But it didn't make headlines until Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia became suspicious of the photos. It contacted the Hockey Hall of Fame, and a spokesperson "confirmed" that they were a fabrication. CSN Philly labeled them a hoax, and closed the case.

One problem: The images were completely accurate.

Hockey Hall of Fame spokesperson Kelly Masse told Puck Daddy on Wednesday that for a brief moment this summer, and at the Blackhawks Convention, the Washington Capitals were listed as 2009-10 Eastern Conference champions on the actual Prince of Wales Trophy.

"It was not Photoshopped. It was a real picture," she said. "What happened was that it was incorrectly engraved, and the Hall of Fame people with the trophy realized it in Chicago. When they got back from Chicago, they got it properly engraved."

When his photos were labeled a hoax, and a probable Photoshop manipulation, Millhouser went on the offensive, starting and writing a blog that offered evidence and justification for their validity. From the blog:

It took the word of the Hockey Hall of Fame, who couldn't just take a current photo to end all of the speculation right there and then. It went on to say decisively that it wasn't real and the photos were somehow altered. Despite the fact, that I reported it right away, took shots from many angles, and then immediately uploaded them from my phone, they had to be altered, right? Not to mention that I don't own a computer, and rely on my droid for all my internet connections. (I had to go to my parents' house 30 miles away to finally reach a computer and write this.)

Why did the Hockey Hall of Fame label the images a hoax, only to reverse its position?

"The person that was speaking with the media thought they meant the trophy at the Hall of Fame at that day," said Masse. "When the Prince of Wales Trophy is traveling, there's a secondary trophy here for the fans to see at the Hall. That one has not been engraved yet. The one that was in Chicago was engraved."

Engraved, it turns out, incorrectly. So how did that happen? How did the Washington Capitals, eliminated in the first round of the 2009-10 playoffs, end up where the Stanley Cup runners-up Flyers were supposed to be?

[Rewind photos: Blackhawks celebrate the Stanley Cup]

"My guess is that not all trophies were engraved at one time. I think that they wanted to engrave the trophies that were going to Chicago as fast as they could," she said.

"The Washington Capitals won the President's Trophy [for the league's top regular-season point total]. I think the engraver made a mistake and [mixed up] Prince of Wales and President's Trophy."

Alphabetically close ... a hurried process ... a wandering eye ... it's not all that outlandish to believe that's the source of the error.

Millhouser said Wednesday night that he's glad to finally have vindication.

"It feels good, man. I can feel like I'm sane again. It was a surreal experience."

check the picture out on the site...how do they f**k that up?

7 years ago '07        #240
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
LA's focus isn't on Kovy or Kaberle, it's on Willie Mitchell. He's impressed all with testing and plans to make playing decision soon
I hope Canucks still re-sign him.

Mitchell/Hamhuis
Ehrhoff/Ballard
Salo/Edler
O'Brien as the 7th.

-- Even though Salo is out for half the season.

Also @ Them f**kin' up with the Capitals...they only wish they could make it that far...
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now