Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #181
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
The San Jose Sharks have signed Blackhawks restricted free agent defenceman Niklas Hjalmarsson to a free agent offer sheet, signing the defenceman to a four-year, $14 million dollar contract.

Chicago has seven days to match the offer. If the team does not match it, they will receive San Jose's first and third round picks in the 2011 NHL entry draft.

I don't see Chicago matching it for that amount.
 7 years ago '07        #182
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 BrownBag said:
^ suck a d*ck hoe the dynasty ends before it begins.

Bowman is smart he's gonna do something great like he's always done.

I'm not hatin'...the Sharks said "f**k it, you embarassed us - We going to steal your team"

NASHVILLLE, Tenn. -- Defenceman Shea Weber will wear the C for the Nashville Predators next season.

Weber is the fifth captain in franchise history and first Predators draftee to receive the honour.

"In addition to being one of the top young defenceman in the NHL today, Shea is a natural leader, and we are confident he has the respect of his teammates, opponents, the Predators organization and its fans," said Nashville GM David Poile in a release Thursday.

Weber succeeds Jason Arnott, who served as Predators captain from September 12, 2007 until he was traded to New Jersey last month.

Weber, 24, is regarded as one of the top blue-liners in the game today. His 62 goals is the second-most by a defenceman since the start of the 2006-07 season. Washington's Mike Green has 70.

The Sicamous, B.C., native has a lengthy international resume, and most recently won a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Weber was also named to the Olympic all-star Team.
Well deserved.
 7 years ago '07        #183
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Weber's nasty
 7 years ago '07        #184
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Weber's nasty

All my friends we're chirping me and s**t before the Olympics cause I always draft him on my fantasy teams.. and am a huge fan of his, and they we're like who the f**k is he and why you like him so much?

They found out at the Olympics when the puck went right through the damn NET, and when he played as one of the best D Man for us every game.

Wish he was in a different market, but hey... Dudes a BEAST.
 7 years ago '07        #185
space
space
Yeah I'd like to see him on a better team, but he seems like a class act, never complains or anything about wanting out. But to be honest, i never really hear that from hockey players, theres a few of those a**holes out there, but mainly in the NBA
 7 years ago '07        #186
space
space
The Anaheim Ducks defense is a far cry from the Stanley Cup winning unit that dominated its way to a championship through both brutality (Chris Pronger) and finesse (Scott Niedermayer). I guess that's what happens when you lose a Norris Trophy winner per summer.

The Ducks moved Steve Eminger to the New York Rangers for bruiser Aaron Voros and prospect Ryan Hillier. The OC Regsiter shares the reasoning.

While he often logged significant minutes, Eminger was one of the main reasons why the Ducks' defense struggled mightily as a unit. He was demoted for all but one game over a month-long stretch from Dec. 3 to Jan. 2.

Eminger was scratched 18 times in all and finished with four goals and 12 a.ssists in 63 games. The seven-year veteran had a plus-1 rating but that didn't indicate the times he was often pushed around in his end and forced into making mistakes under pressure.

The deal appears to further weaken a blue line that's down to Lubomir Visnovsky, James Wisniewski, Sheldon Brookbank and recently acquired Toni Lydman as far as proven NHL players but it's also a sign that they'd rather have someone else than Eminger, who is due to make $1.25 million.

General Manager Bob Murray is looking to add another top-four defenseman but the move of Eminger could also be a sign that they may be ready to fast-track the development of some youngsters in the system by opening up a spot.

It's funny that I'd describe this move as a "sneeze" due to its insignificance since Earl Sleek of Battle of California gave the often-baffled Eminger a disease-inspired nickname. Here are a few thoughts on the defenseman from Sleek.

Now we Ducks fans here at BoC may have been a bit hard on ol' Eminger -- one of his biggest problems was showing up in the immediate departure of Chris Pronger. We had become so used to overall blueline competency that the mistakes of Eminger (and others for sure, Mr. Whitney) became a bit more glaring. His inability to hit the net on his shots, his unwillingness to even pretend to play the body -- these failings became his traits, in a way. All we could see was shortcomings.

While the Ducks' defense is now way up in the air, the Rangers defense corps is just about locked up with Eminger, Wade Redden, Michal Rosival, Matt Gilroy, Mike Del Zotto, Dan Girardi ... and possibly RFA Jordan Staal.
I kind of like Voros, pretty good player
 7 years ago '04        #187
TurboE 
space
space
$863 | Props total: 2 2
 keithbm1111 said:
I kind of like Voros, pretty good player
i will say this about Voros....big time energy player, played with a lot of emotion and did wonders to boost the energy on that Rangers team......BUT im glad he is gone...he cant really skate, he is typically a healthy scratch the majority of the time and he doesnt put up points....

this is a Rangers team that CANT score for the life of them...and although i like what he brought i think hes dead weight for what the Rangers need....

with Eminger; former first round draft pick, they pick up a Dman to help on the blueline where they had issues last year....all around i like the deal just hope it works out
 7 years ago '07        #188
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
yeah i'd like to see him on a better team, but he seems like a class act, never complains or anything about wanting out. But to be honest, i never really hear that from hockey players, theres a few of those a**holes out there, but mainly in the nba
word.
 7 years ago '07        #189
space
space
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Ilya Kovalchuk is scheduled to arrive in L.A. on Monday to meet with Kings' brass to discuss the possibility of signing with the team.

Earlier reports suggested that the Kings were prepared to announce a Kovalchuk signing, but L.A. GM Dean Lombardi was quick to dismiss this notion, saying "It is a great opportunity for him to meet us and us to meet him. Reports of us signing him are utterly false." While it doesn't appear that the sniper has signed on with the Kings yet, the chances of him ultimately landing in Hollywood have just gone up.
I'd like to see Kovy sign there, it'd be nice to see LA have a nice team next year. I like Kopitar a lot and would like to see them make a push in the playoffs.
 7 years ago '07        #190
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
I'd like to see Kovy sign there, it'd be nice to see LA have a nice team next year. I like Kopitar a lot and would like to see them make a push in the playoffs.
I don't like this move.

They're gonna handcuff themselves like Chicago and end up losin' players with this big contract, a lot of their players are still on Entry level conracts.

& I also don't want to see him in the West.
 7 years ago '07        #191
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
The Chicago Blackhawks aren't letting restricted free agent defenceman Niklas Hjalmarsson get away, as the club announced on Monday that they will match the a US$14-million, four-year offer sheet he signed with the San Jose Sharks last week.

The Blackhawks had seven days to match the offer, which was done on Friday. If they didn't match, they would have received San Jose's first- and third-round picks in next year's NHL draft as compensation.

Hjalmarsson, 23, helped Chicago sweep the Sharks in the Western Conference final last season and then beat Philadelphia to win the Stanley Cup. He had a goal and seven a.ssists in the post-season, including two a.ssists against the Sharks.

He was third on the team with a plus-9 rating in the playoffs, while averaging just over 21 minutes of ice time per game.

He had two goals and 15 a.ssists in 77 regular season games. That was his first full season in the NHL, having played sparingly for the Blackhawks the previous two years. He has three goals and 18 a.ssists in 111 career games.
So if they matched that offer......How they going to keep Niemi???
 7 years ago '07        #192
space
space
 m-f said:
So if they matched that offer......How they going to keep Niemi???
they dont. they grow a nut sack and trade for tim thomas. We'll accept Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith, etc...or a pairing :D
 7 years ago '07        #193
space
space
This Kovy s**t is getting ridiculous, flew out to LA to meet with the Kings and now the deal is broken again...he needs to sign somewhere...might as well get an hour show on versus or nhl network
 7 years ago '05        #194
danny|M 7 heat pts
space
space
$36,284 | Props total: 2650 2650
Yeah, the Kovy s**t is ridiculous. It would be nice to keep him in NJ, but, if not, we'll have more cap room to offer something to Parise when his contract ends next year, which is what I'm really worrying about right now. We have a lot of talent coming up through our camps and junior leagues so hopefully we can get some young talent on our roster for the new season and build on that.
 7 years ago '07        #195
space
space
yeah NJ should be focused on Parise right now, if they cant get a kovy deal done, just say f**k it and move on to Zach...although, I'm hoping you guys dont sign him so theres a remote possibility Boston can make a runat him, wont happen, i know for a fact, but Hey...i can dream
 7 years ago '05        #196
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
kovy isnt a great fit for NJ....i dont like him there...btw ^^^^^tom brady is that dude
 7 years ago '07        #197
space
space
Kovy about to sign in LA
 7 years ago '05        #198
danny|M 7 heat pts
space
space
$36,284 | Props total: 2650 2650
Kovy is a fine fit for NJ. He's just too much of an expense to fit in here. He can be a star anywhere, but he doesn't seem to want to be in NJ so I say, f**k it/him, let him go elsewhere and let us get some money for our players that DO want to play here and help a great franchise become even more great.
 7 years ago '07        #199
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 danny said:
Yeah, the Kovy s**t is ridiculous. It would be nice to keep him in NJ, but, if not, we'll have more cap room to offer something to Parise when his contract ends next year, which is what I'm really worrying about right now. We have a lot of talent coming up through our camps and junior leagues so hopefully we can get some young talent on our roster for the new season and build on that.
Henrique is my dude yo.
 7 years ago '07        #200
space
space
Ilya Kovalchuk has signed with the New Jersey Devils.

The financial terms of the deal are not yet known, but the Devils reportedly offered Kovalchuk $60 million over seven-years earlier this summer. Kovalchuk was by far the biggest prize in this season's free agent market, but his asking price might have scared away a number of teams. It is believed he initially wanted a 10-year/$100 million oontract, but he probably had to settle for much less than that. Kovalchuk has reached the 40-goal milestone in each of his last six seasons.

he's finally done toying with us
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy