2010 NHL Off-Season Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #1
10581 pageviews
333 comments

keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
2010 NHL Off-Season Thread

For the NHL Fans to discuss the Playoffs, off-season, draft, trades, what have you....

2010 Draft Order:

1 (1) Taylor Hall LW Edmonton Oilers Windsor
2 (2) Tyler Seguin C Boston Bruins Plymouth
3 (3) Erik Gudbranson D Florida Panthers Kingston
4 (4) Ryan Johansen C Columbus Blue Jackets Portland
5 (5) Nino Niederreiter RW New York Islanders Portland
6 (6) Brett Connolly RW Tampa Bay Lightning Prince George
7 (7) Jeff Skinner RW Carolina Hurricanes Kitchener
8 (8) Alexander Burmistrov C Atlanta Thrashers Barrie
9 (9) Mikael Granlund C Minnesota Wild HIFK
10 (10) Dylan McIlrath D New York Rangers Moose Jaw
11 (11) Jack Campbell G Dallas Stars USA U-18
12 (12) Cam Fowler D Anaheim Ducks Windsor
13 (13) Brandon Gormley D Phoenix Coyotes Moncton
14 (14) Jaden Schwartz C St. Louis Blues Tri-City
15 (15) Derek Forbort D Los Angeles Kings USA U-18
16 (16) Vladimir Tarasenko RW St. Louis Blues Novosibirsk
17 (17) Joey Hishon C Colorado Avalanche Owen Sound
18 (18) Austin Watson LW Nashville Predators Peterborough
19 (19) Nick Bjugstad C Florida Panthers Blaine
20 (20) Beau Bennett RW Pittsburgh Penguins Penticton
21 (21) Riley Sheahan C Detroit Red Wings U. of Notre Dame
22 (22) Jarred Tinordi D Montreal Canadiens USA U-18
23 (23) Mark Pysyk D Buffalo Sabres Edmonton
24 (24) Kevin Hayes RW Chicago Blackhawks Nobles
25 (25) Quinton Howden C Florida Panthers Moose Jaw
26 (26) Evgeny Kuznetsov C Washington Capitals Chelyabinsk
27 (27) Mark Visentin G Phoenix Coyotes Niagara
28 (28) Charlie Coyle RW/C San Jose Sharks South Shore
29 (29) Emerson Etem RW Anaheim Ducks Medicine Hat
30 (30) Brock Nelson C New York Islanders Warroad

Source:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.providingnews. .. #ixzz0rzICYtyP

Dion Phaneuf will serve as the Maple Leafs' captain next season.

Phaneuf is the first Toronto player to wear the C since Mats Sundin and the Maple Leafs parted ways after 2007-08. "Dion represents everything we want a Toronto Maple Leaf player to be," said coach Ron Wilson. "He's someone who plays with passion, comes to the rink day in and day out, works harder than anybody. ... He's difficult to play against (and) a remarkable talent who's getting better every year." Toronto acquired Phaneuf from the Calgary Flames in January. Phaneuf had a disappointing season offensively, but the Leafs were almost immediately impressed by his leadership skills.
Ville Leino will undergo off-season hip surgery.

If Leino was playing through a hip injury in the playoffs, he sure didn't give us much reason to suspect him. Leino was one of Philadelphia's best players in the postseason, scoring seven goals and 21 points in 19 games. He should be fine for the start of training camp.
Daniel Carcillo is expected to undergo sports hernia surgery.

Carcillo only played in two games in the Stanley Cup finals, spending the rest of the series in the press box. GM Paul Holmgren said that Carcillo should recover in time for the start of Philadelphia's 2010-11 training camp.
Doug Weight has all-but signed a one-year deal with the Islanders, according to GM Garth Snow.

"I think he's been a great leader in the locker room. To me, with what he played through having a torn labrum and torn rotator cuff, that's a testament to his commitment to the team and his leadership," Snow said. Weight was hampered by injuries all season and he ended up with just one goal and 17 points in 36 games. Weight has missed a significant amount of playing time in each of his last three seasons. At this point, even if he managed to stay healthy for an entire season, we wouldn't expect him to score more than 15 goals and 40 points.
The Boston Globe thinks the odds of the Bruins acquiring Jason Spezza for the second overall pick in the 2010 entry draft are slim to none.

The Globe points out that the Bruins already have a strong core of centers in Marc Savard, David Krejci, and Patrice Bergeron. Perhaps more importantly, the Bruins have cap concerns as it is and they'd be hard pressed to find a way to acquire Spezza and stay under the cap. The Blue Jackets were also initially mentioned as a possible trading partner for Spezza, but it seems equally unlikely that Columbus would hand Ottawa the fourth overall pick. In the salary cap era, a potential star player who is owed only $900,000 is base salary is just too valuable for most teams to part with.
Alex Burrows underwent shoulder surgery last week to repair a torn labrum and he may miss some time at the start of next season.

"He may not be ready to play until sometime in October or November," said his agent Paul Corbeil. The shoulder of Burrows had reportedly been bothering him since the second half of the regular season, but he wanted to play through it. The injury is thought to be the same as the one that Vancouver teammate Pavol Demitra had this past campaign. The Canucks will have their fingers crossed that the recovery of Burrows goes smoother, as Demitra had to miss the first 47 games after a second surgery was required. Burrows will be evaluated again sometime in the next two weeks to see where he is at in his rehabilitation. Stay tuned.
Rob Blake is slated to announce his retirement at a news conference on Friday.

The Sharks will face two intriguing off-season questions when Blake hangs up his skates. Who will end up succeeding him as captain and who will help soak up his minutes on the back end?
Mike Modano is still mulling over what he will do next season.

However, he has been working out the past couple of weeks like he will be returning to the NHL. "There's just so much going on with everything that you want to be prepared for anything," Modano said. "If the opportunity to continue is there and it's something I would enjoy, then I want to be able to make a good decision and be ready to play." We'll keep you informed.
Maxim Afinogenov and the Atlanta Thrashers are reportedly further apart on a new contract.

The Thrashers offered him a one-year contract several weeks ago. Afinogenov and his agent, Don Meehan, "don't agree at this point in time" with the terms and they aren't sure what the next step will be. The two sides may talk again at the NHL Entry Draft, but Afinogenov may be sampling the open market as a UFA on July 1.

Last edited by keithbm1111; 06-26-2010 at 02:07 PM..

333 comments for "2010 NHL Off-Season Thread"

7 years ago '05        #2
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
one of our main goal this off-season should be getting a goalie
 7 years ago '07        #3
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
Kris Versteeg could end up on the trading block this summer.

The Hawks will be looking to shed some salary this off-season and Versteeg may become a cap casualty as a result. The 24-year-old winger has two years left on his current deal that will earn him $3 million per season. The Edmonton Oilers are rumored to be a potential trading partner for Versteeg and more teams would likely join in the hunt if he were made available. It should be an interesting summer in the Windy City.
Patrick Sharp will garner a great deal of attention in the trade market this off-season.

Chicago has some cap issues to address this summer and players like Sharp could end up elsewhere to alleviate the problem. Sharp has two years remaining on his current contract, with a cap hit of $3.9 million, and his scoring touch will attract potential suitors. The Toronto Maple Leafs and the Columbus Blue Jackets are rumored to be very interested in acquiring the 28-year-old winger. Stay tuned.
Ilya Kovalchuk's Russian agent confirmed that KHL teams are negotiating a contract for the superstar's services.

He confirmed the rumor that SKA St. Petersberg offered a three year deal, but denied the the deal was worth $42 million. Russia's Sport Express Daily reports that Moscow Dynamo offered Kovalchuk a three year deal worth $40 million. "We speak about three years because Ilya wants to play in KHL till the Sochi Olympics in 2014," said Yuriy Nikolaev, Kovalchuk's agent in Russia. This could be nothing more than posturing and a negotiation tactic to increase his NHL contract. Kovalchuk is set to become an unrestricted free agent July 1.
If Todd Bertuzzi is looking for a contract for more than $1 million per season, then the Wings will be challenged to re-sign him.

Detroit, like most teams, is up against the salary cap and inking Bertuzzi to a $1.5 million deal may be too much for the Wings to absorb. We will watch this negotiation with interest.
Look for the Blackhawks to deal backup goaltender Cristobal Huet this off-season.

It won't be easy given his performance this past year and the fact he will be paid $5.6 million in 2010-11. If GM Stan Bowman can't move Huet, look for the Hawks to demote the netminder to the AHL so his massive salary won't count against the team's salary cap.
If Toronto GM Brian Burke had his way, he would trade Tomas Kaberle to the Ducks for winger Bobby Ryan.

Burke selected Ryan in the second round of the 2005 entry draft (just behind a guy named Crosby)and would be more than happy to give the restricted free agent a lucrative long-term deal. Of course, we are fairly certain the Ducks are not interested in moving Ryan for Kaberle. That said, stranger things have happended.
 7 years ago '07        #4
space
space
Bruins and Philly should work out a deal involving Thomas
 7 years ago '05        #5
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Bruins and Philly should work out a deal involving Thomas
wouldnt surprise me at all
 7 years ago '05        #6
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
f**king sux that boston gets our pick
 7 years ago '07        #7
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 StateProperty88 said:
wouldnt surprise me at all
Carter + 1st For 1st & Thomas.
 7 years ago '07        #8
space
space
Philly has no 1st..and i a.ssume you mean the 15th pick from boston
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '07        #9
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Philly has no 1st..and i a.ssume you mean the 15th pick from boston
Posted via Mobile Device
Forgot they traded it with Pronger....But yeah the 15th.
 7 years ago '05        #10
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Gonna be a pretty slow summer for the Wings
 7 years ago '10        #11
hockeysniper 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
Caps need to trade Mike Green....but wait until the trade deadline to get more value. Other than that, I think we're set, maybe pick up a reliable vet to spell Varly if he struggles next year.

Carlson and Alzner coming up next year= a solid blueline.
 7 years ago '05        #12
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
More Semin trade talk
9:05AM ET
Alexander Semin | Capitals
Top Email

After another disappointing playoff showing, Alexander Semin is a trade candidate again -- no big surprise, given his previous stints in the rumor mill.

This time, it's the Bergen County Record speculating that Semin will hit the trading block, and a deal could come as soon as this season.

If you'll remember, Semin signed a one-year, $6 million extension in the middle of this past season, which takes him to unrestricted free agency in 2011. At that point, the Caps will likely be unable to re-sign Semin because they'll have big money committed elsewhere -- in Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom, Eric Fehr, Mike Green and others.

The two big holes the Caps are looking to fill this offseason are in goal and on the blueline. Semin could be dealt for some goalie help, but we suspect the Caps would rather fill that hole via free agency. That the Caps looking for blueliners. We know they passed up on free agent Anton Volchenkov, but they could still look at Dan Hamhuis or other free agents out there. The intriguing possibility is looking at Tomas Kaberle in Toronto, who is on the market for a top-six center.
Per ESPN Insider...
 7 years ago '07        #13
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Canucks R.F.A. Mason Raymond will be very valuable come June 25th in L.A. for the NHL Entry Draft in the Canucks regards, My sources have confirmation that G.M. Mike Gillis will look at the option of moving his rights to possibly move up in the draft while also acquiring another player/prospect. "Many teams will look at Raymond come draft time" says a close person connected in the Canucks organization. The Canucks are currently sitting at the #25 overall pick in the 1st round...Gillis has made it known he wants to possibly move higher and Raymond is good bait for that. Even if come after draft time and Raymond has not been dealt it looks like he will eventually this summer, July 1st is another option but does Gillis want arbitration and miss out on moving up in the draft?...the Panthers have let it be known there 3rd pick is available for the right price, im sure the Panthers/Canucks can work out a deal...they have done it in the past...twice...
Take it for what it is....
 7 years ago '07        #14
st21 1237 heat pts1237
space
space
$55,479 | Props total: 43526 43526
how long did it take you to make every word a different color?
 7 years ago '04        #15
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 27 27
 keithbm1111 said:
For the NHL Fans to discuss the Playoffs, off-season, draft, trades, what have you....

2010 Draft Order:
2. Boston Bruins (from Toronto)
]
 06-15-2010, 05:32 PM         #16
bigdjayz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Laugh it up but we have a proven 30 goal scorer who will probably score 40 next year.. I dont see Hall doing that..

Where do you guys get those team logos in your signatures?
 7 years ago '05        #17
space
space
 bigdjayz said:
Laugh it up but we have a proven 30 goal scorer who will probably score 40 next year.. I dont see Hall doing that..

Where do you guys get those team logos in your signatures?
there was a thread where people were getting them at
 7 years ago '07        #18
space
space
 #21 said:
how long did it take you to make every word a different color?
haha a good amount of time, i do absolutely nothign at work, thats how bored i was. I was thinking of getting team logos, but that'd be too much. I got really lazy after like 15 or so so i just started doing whatever colors i thought were decent looking
I worked my a.ss off on this thread, just for you guys

Brendan Morrison will not be back with the Washington Capitals next season.

The club has decided not to re-sign the 34-year-old center, according to general manager George McPhee. Morrison notched 12 goals and 42 points in 74 games with the Capitals this past campaign. He signed with Washington last summer in the hopes of rekindling his offense, but the move didn't pay off.
 7 years ago '07        #19
space
space
Phil Kessel likes his chances of scoring 40 goals in 2010-11.

"I think I can score 40. I could have had it last year if I’d have scored (consistently). I had a lot of chances, plus I missed quite a bit of games," said Kessel. He scored 30 goals in 70 games last season, and 36 goals in 70 games in 2008-09. He's got four NHL seasons under his belt, but he still has some untapped potential. If he can stay healthy, we think he can reach the 40-goal marker next season.
He's a b**ch

The Montreal Canadiens have bought out Georges Laraque's contract.

Montreal made their intentions obvious when they announced in January that they would not play Laraque for the remainder of the 2009-10 season. He had one season left on his three-year/$4.5 million contract.
 7 years ago '08        #20
romanmcd 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,739 | Props total: 52 52
hmmm different colored fonts for the team names...

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago