50 Cent Fails to Fill Seats at Houston Concert

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
pandemon 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,400 | Props total: 376 376
who cares 50 still won more than anyone on boxden ever will
 06-14-2010, 07:58 PM         #82
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There has been a shift in the market, more consumers are demanding southern music. More artists are shifting their sound to make it sound more southern because that music is in demand.

50cent is one of the few artist who didn't change his style. 50cent didn't run to the 808's like Kanye, and Drake had Wayne's cosign. If you listen to Drake's accent before the major deal, and listen to his accent now, a lot has changed. His music doesn't sound the same.

The only reason 50 made is because his was different from the regular artists from New York City (he can think the bullet to the face for that). After he got shot, he started rapping with drawl. 50 has addressed this in his music (Go ahead and switch the style up/ if n*ggas hate then let them hate) and is his movie (My voice doesn't sound the same).

Mims ignited a fire under New York City, but guess what? His single didn't sound like the typical east coast record. His single had 808's the lyrics was mediocre, you could barley notice his accent.

Jay-Z's production has changed, and he has used his power and networking to sell his records. He's the only artist I've seem on TV in a long time. I don't watch music channels, so for me to see a rapper on TV out of his ordinary channels, that was crazy. It was great marketing.

You guys need to realize that if you sound like New York, you are not going to sell in this market. Now, I don't know where most of the records are being sold geographically, but that would be an interesting observations.

Here is my wild guess: most records are being bought in the south, and the southern people are buying southern music.

After getting a deal 50cent has worked with a vocal coach. This has affected his voice. You guys might not think that any of this matter, but trust me, all of this matters. From the production, to your voice, your accent, your lyrics.

So, when you sound like, look like, what's not selling, you're not going to be popular anymore. He won't sell unless he makes the music that's selling

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 06-14-2010 at 08:00 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #83
javaughn1000 192 heat pts192
space
space
$2,814 | Props total: 3 3
 Sammyboi22 said:
you are also forgetting thta music is personal preference. So to say that hes wack and it doesnt matter hes getting money isnt a good statement. That means the best rappers are broke and making groundbreaking music? If you have talent someones gonna like you and you will be rewarded. Whoever says they didnt bump Get Rich or Die Tryin is a liar and we all know that. Dude gets money from other avenues than rap and makes more from them so of course his music might slack a bit.

If you were a manager of a restaurant and made more money being a server....wouldnt you start serving most of the time and manage part of the time? 50 got a massive amount of money from outside of rap. he realizes the rap game isnt what it used to be. People dont buy cd's and they dont download singles from Itunes. He makes video games, movies and owns other s**t. He is making money yet dudes still find a way to hate on him. Just boggles my mind.
ok i was feeling ur point as first but beside the water deal which he got 100 million cut from not 400...everything else he touched flopped ...
 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM         #84
FreeinAZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bkjj11 said:
love the reaction.

Love how the TS bolds 50% capacity but not the 65%

Doesn't matter, its houston, bunch of broke people out there anywhos.
You must be broke or crazy to think the 4th largest city in the country, one of the only cities with growth throughout the recession (and still growing). I will spare you my thoughts (yes, I'm from Houston!) and let Forbes magazine **money!!!** tell you that Houston is far from BROKE!

Forbes Magazine 5-28-2010:
Do cities have a future? Pessimists point to industrial-era holdovers like Detroit and Cleveland. Urban boosters point to dense, expensive cities like New York, Boston and San Francisco. Yet if you want to see successful 21st-century urbanism, hop on down to Houston and Texas, the Lone Star State.

Check your stats before you type/speak, that's how ignorance spreads! So go put gas in your car, lawnmower, motorcycle, and generators or go get your propane and natural gas or for that matter turn on the switch that powers your home and pay US!!! LOL!

Houston,Texas - Energy Capital of the World!
 7 years ago '05        #85
lil_boosie 2 heat pts
space
space
$649 | Props total: 30 30
 Nickel said:
damn homie....in '03 you were the man homie...what the f**k happened to you?
That's Funny
 7 years ago '04        #86
AntoineDM 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,273 | Props total: 22 22
This only happened in Houston cause people in Houston don't like 50 or G-Unit. Banks dissed Big Moe and Z-Ro and the rest of the Guerilla Maab and maybe some others all went at 50 on record. I'm pretty sure thats why.
 7 years ago '07        #87
espn03 
space
space
$160 | Props total: 15 15
You must be broke or crazy to think the 4th largest city in the country, one of the only cities with growth throughout the recession (and still growing). I will spare you my thoughts (yes, I'm from Houston!) and let Forbes magazine **money!!!** tell you that Houston is far from BROKE!

Forbes Magazine 5-28-2010:
Do cities have a future? Pessimists point to industrial-era holdovers like Detroit and Cleveland. Urban boosters point to dense, expensive cities like New York, Boston and San Francisco. Yet if you want to see successful 21st-century urbanism, hop on down to Houston and Texas, the Lone Star State.

Check your stats before you type/speak, that's how ignorance spreads! So go put gas in your car, lawnmower, motorcycle, and generators or go get your propane and natural gas or for that matter turn on the switch that powers your home and pay US!!! LOL!

Houston,Texas - Energy Capital of the World!
Thats TRILL talk my boy.

But besides that, 50 claims him self to be a rapper, but if you are supposedly one of the biggest names in the rap game and you cant even sell out the arena theater, then you need to stop. With that being said you cant even compare people like Currensy and Waka Flocka to him because they dont even have albums so they shoudnt even be able to come close to the number of people he brings in. But they do and they are much smaller names than he is. Why? BECAUSE HIS MUSIC IS GARBAGE!!!

Now if he make more money being a business man or whatever, then he need to do that and stop flooding the game with his "Boo Boo" (pun intended) a.ss excuse for Hip Hop.

They run was good while it lasted but you gotta recognize when its over.

LONG LIVE PIMP C!!!!
 7 years ago '09        #88
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,998 | Props total: 422 422
Damn homie, in 03 you was the man homie. What the f**k happened to you?
 7 years ago '06        #89
drhodes777 
space
space
space
$48 | Props total: 6 6
I don't hate Fif, but I'll tell you why this s**t matters. Because this is exactly the kind of s**t he uses to diss other people. He always speaks of himself as being so much bigger than the people he has beef with (Fat Joe, Ross), and if that was a Rick Ross show the s**t would be on the front page of Thisis50.com. He was bigger than those artists, but every year he gets closer and closer to being just like them. People saying that Waynes shows didnt sell out are missing the point. We not talking about the Astrodome, less than 2000 people came to see one of the biggest artists in the history of Rap music. Wayne failed to completely sell out real Arenas(15-20k). No way to sugar coat that kind of fallin off.
 7 years ago '06        #90
javaughn1000 192 heat pts192
space
space
$2,814 | Props total: 3 3
 pandemon said:
who cares 50 still won more than anyone on boxden ever will
IT HURTS DONT IT:cry:
 7 years ago '04        #91
tmed834 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,436 | Props total: 74 74
i remember being on boxden five years ago and EVERYONE loved 50 then....man times have def changed lol
 7 years ago '04        #92
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 27 27
i wonder if it bothers him that his biggest hit was his first single 7 years ago. he still hasn't come close to matching "in da club."
 7 years ago '09        #93
BMAN626 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 909 909
i was just at his concert the invation last week s**t was beyond pack ill post pics if yall want 2....oone thing i can say is 50 know how to rock the crowd everyone was going crazy to all his songs...and im in l.a where you would think he dont have alot of fans!
 7 years ago '07        #94
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,631 | Props total: 16722 16722
The Houston rap scene is wack right now. I blame it on 97.9.
 7 years ago '09        #95
BMAN626 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 909 909
 Peterparker said:
name me a single after in da club that's been that big from ANY RAPPER?
s**t none!!!!only thing i could think of was s**t like lean wit rock wit type crunk s**t but thats gimmick rap so it dont count!

you could actully bump "in da club" when not in the club!!!!some s**t is just ment to be played in the clubs imo
 06-15-2010, 03:40 AM         #96
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at "who does concerts anymore?"

Artists make all their money off of doing shows since no one buys music anymore

Anyway 50 hurt his southern support by beefing with Ross. People seem to love that bum for some reason down there "smh:

pr03583 said:
n*ggaS IS STR8 HATERS ON HERE

what rapper is touring in the united states

what rapper has had a real big tour within the past couple years

what rapper performs in stadiums and jammed pack arenas

the cats yall listen to and like only perform in hoods at local pubs and bulls**t a.ss clubs

g unit dont be performin in no bulls**t a.ss clubs, them n*ggas perform at arenas and stadiums...

im not on some defendin them n*ggas, but ya bx cats is str8 morons...... gucci mane aint eva sell out no show, neither has jeezy, wacka, and allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll these other cats ya talk about on this site
Yeezy
Weezy
Jay

And didn't Luda and T.I. do something too?
 7 years ago '04        #97
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
Could this be from al his beefing :p Game, +/-Kanye, Ross,...
 7 years ago '09        #98
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,015 | Props total: 7801 7801
 P. Dedos said:
YA!!! YA!!! IM #1 FORBES!!! YAA!!! YAAA!!!

THEY CANT f**k WITH YA BOY!!!!

so what?

50 is still richer than wayne,Ti, Ludacris put together

get mad
Why people always worrying about OTHER PEOPLE money, is beyond me. :disdain2:

Music is entertainment. If he can't no longer entertain to the point of selling out arenas/selling millions in cd's...Then he need to move on with his business side or go back in the studio and make another album worth listening to.

Beef only goes so far. BS music only goes so far.

"He got more money"..."He rich though" etc type of comments are ignorant. It only goes to show you cannot find a good rebuttal besides what is in their pockets.
 7 years ago '04        #99
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,735 | Props total: 2399 2399
wow 1 concert..... this n*gga sold out arenas all over the globe in the last 6 months and yall wanna talk s**t over just 1??? a bunch of yall will never even see that many fans of your own in your life time... b00ty a.ss n*ggas forever hatin and talkin' s**t.....

7 years ago '07        #100
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,357 | Props total: 15991 15991
 Nickel said:
damn homie....in '03 you were the man homie...what the f**k happened to you?
lol classic
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy