50 Cent Fails to Fill Seats at Houston Concert

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
194 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-14-2010, 10:48 AM         #1
6366 pageviews
118 comments

evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 Cent Fails to Fill Seats at Houston Concert

50 Cent took the stage at Houston’s Arena Theater on Saturday night (June 12), and it was easily apparent that his fan base has started to wane. The venue was only filled to 50 percent capacity, but like a pro, the G-Unit general saw the glass as half full and focused on captivating the crowd on hand with his signature laugh and charismatic smile.

Tony Yayo served as hype man throughout the show, urging the audience to get out their seats before Fif opened with “The Days Went By” and “So Disrespectful” from Before I Self Destruct. The sounds of gunfire punctuated the breaks in the action as a medley of the artists’ videos peppered the screens above the stage. Now noticeably gaunt after the shocking weight loss for the upcoming film, Things Fall Apart, the Queens-native moved about the stage with less energy than previous performances, but Yayo easily compensated with his lively presence.

The crowd volleyed its own rising levels of vigor back to Curtis while he performed his street anthems, “Wanksta,” “I Get Money” and “Crime Wave.” Jackson then engaged the ladies in the crowd with “Baby By Me,” “Ayo Technology” and “Follow My Lead.” Yayo got some shine of his own, offering up his biggest hit, “So Seductive.” Fellow G-Unit soldier, Lloyd Banks, was not in the building, but his recent banger, “Beamer, Benz or Bentley” blasted from the speakers in his absence.

The crowd, which seemed to balloon to about 65 percent full by the 45-minute mark of the set, went nuts at the sound of the steel drums on “P.I.M.P.” and kept it going on “Many Men” and “In Da Club,” the biggest hit on 50’s groundbreaking debut album, Get Rich or Die Tryin’.

Before being ushered off the stage for going over his allotted time, 50 thanked all of his fans for coming out and offered up “Window Shopper” from the soundtrack of his first feature film, Get Rich or Die Tryin’.

50’s next stop on his Invitation Tour will be at The Fillmore in Miami Beach, FL on Tuesday, June 16. Fans can purchase tickets for the show here.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=82389

118 comments for "50 Cent Fails to Fill Seats at Houston Concert"

7 years ago '05        #2
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
damn homie....in '03 you were the man homie...what the f**k happened to you?
 06-14-2010, 10:52 AM         #3
Illkiller56  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dam whatever happened to

"the hood hate your s**t. but your hot in the south, is the crackers who buy the album, whats the plottin about?"
 7 years ago '08        #4
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,869 | Props total: 22585 22585
damn homie... what the f**k happened to you?
 7 years ago '04        #5
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,123 | Props total: 997 997
He need to humble his self seriously
 7 years ago '09        #6
abstruse 
space
space
$2,158 | Props total: 334 334
damn...........curtis:sad5:
 7 years ago '08        #7
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Damn homie, in 03 you was the man homie. What the f**k happened to you?
 06-14-2010, 11:06 AM         #8
Yellob0y  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but is this really THAT shocking...are you, or do you personally know of anybody who's checking for anything 50/G-unit related? ...he like Master P now, you made your money, no gracefully bow out...
 7 years ago '04        #9
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,533 | Props total: 275 275
I'll tell you he was over seas getting that over seas money.
 06-14-2010, 11:12 AM         #10
Yellob0y  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m_cullins said:
I'll tell you he was over seas getting that over seas money.
yup, people over there dont know any better and are 10 years behind the curve...he should milk that for all its worth....
 7 years ago '07        #11
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,480 | Props total: 69978 69978
love the reaction.

Love how the TS bolds 50% capacity but not the 65%

Doesn't matter, its houston, bunch of broke people out there anywhos.
 7 years ago '05        #12
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
why does he gotta humble himself for he got hundreds of millions of albums and had a nice little 5 yr run people would die to get to hang around him and get his industry knowledge..dude went from being blackballed from the industry to one of the top 3 money makers in hiphop say what u want he changed the game every rapper goes from being top dog to to not so hot the only diffrence is 50 dont have to rap ever again in life while alot of these rappers out here can't do s**t else
 7 years ago '07        #13
DaKid730 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 677 677
 Bkjj11 said:
love the reaction.

Love how the TS bolds 50% capacity but not the 65%

Doesn't matter, its houston, bunch of broke people out there anywhos.
i was thinking that and the capacity is 2750 so 1787 in attendnce isnt too bad
 7 years ago '04        #14
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,749 | Props total: 2410 2410
 hustlehard365 said:
why does he gotta humble himself for he got hundreds of millions of albums and had a nice little 5 yr run people would die to get to hang around him and get his industry knowledge..dude went from being blackballed from the industry to one of the top 3 money makers in hiphop say what u want he changed the game every rapper goes from being top dog to to not so hot the only diffrence is 50 dont have to rap ever again in life while alot of these rappers out here can't do s**t else
real talk..... not to mention that the ones who blast him on here with out merit can only dream of accomplishing barely a quarter of what he has done...
 7 years ago '07        #15
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 hustlehard365 said:
The only difference in what you're saying is in a lot of peoples eyes,50 k!lled his own career.he ended his own run.that's jus my opinion tho because I used to be a big 50 fan but he let too much of the bulls**t he had goin on affect his music..idk tho
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '07        #16
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
I forgot everything is about money with some of you people lol..I don't see why tho because he ain't breakin y'all off none..all y'all are gettin is the s**tty music.lol its funny because when ppl use the money arguement they're basically admittin his music sucks "so what he's rich"..what's that got to do with us??lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by blackjewelz; 06-14-2010 at 11:24 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #17
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,480 | Props total: 69978 69978
 DaKid730 said:
i was thinking that and the capacity is 2750 so 1787 in attendnce isnt too bad
Exactly, kids acting like it MSG or a big venue its a damn theatre that probably hosts high school graduations.
 06-14-2010, 11:26 AM         #18
eNcrypTioN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It was half full because he fell off. The money got to his head and his creative side suffered. Plain and simple.
 7 years ago '04        #19
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
Ok they say 65% but do they say how much the place holds? I was going to defend 50 cent, then I looked up how much the place holds and.. Venue Capacity: 2750
 7 years ago '06        #20
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,900 | Props total: 25701 25701
him and game just need to reunite
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago