Kevin Hart X-mad card
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
103 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #81
getGwap 
space
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 149 149
 cuzzinb said:
You dont know how eminem views Jay-Z in his own circle with his own friends...You dont think his friends gas him up that he is the best and has to show that s**t? Dont get it confused the appearances with Jay and the concerts are about the money point blank period. Who exactly do yall think he is talking about with the single syllable references? Who exactly do yall think eminem views as competition?
jay-z raps multi syllable not single end of argument

if you were saying he was dissin wacka flacka wit that single syllable bs then u would make sense
 06-12-2010, 03:26 AM         #82
Salvation  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Would it be a reach if they didn't have shows scheduled?
 8 years ago '05        #83
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,230 | Props total: 15791 15791
He could be going at anyone, but i thought him mocking Jays-Z's "Awwwww" was pretty clever

I wouldn't be suprise if he was going at Jay, he already said it himself that he thought about going at Lil Wayne and Kanye. Why would Jay be safe?
 8 years ago '04        #84
Ace Tu 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,246 | Props total: 215 215
he and jayz have 2 huge shows together in september, they have mutual respect for each other. it wasnt a diss
 8 years ago '08        #85
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12275 12275
You reaching dogg...them n*ggas doing home and home concerts together...u would think if you caught something like that Jay would too...and with Jay huge a.ss ego you think them 2 n*ggas would be doing concerts together if Em sneak dissin him?

I used to live in Detroit (miss home)
Em would fuk Jay up in a Battle
On some Straight Lyrical s**t Hov wins easily...well not that easy but it would be noticeable.
 7 years ago '06        #86
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
Reach or not, nice thread. Sparks conversation and legitimate debate imo. This track is one of my favorites in the album. I LOVE hearing a c*cky Em. I think he doesn't do enough of those types of tracks. Hell, other rappers who are inferior to him make em ALL the time... also part of the reason why I love this track.

As for whether or not it's a shot at Jay, I don't think it's that direct. If anything, it's a nudge back. And the reason why it isn't a direct shot is cuz Jay has NEVER dissed Em straight up (respect they have for each other aside).

Prick you really feeling that bulls**t?

You think you k!lling them syllables? Quit playing
These beats ain’t nothing to fool with
They call me fire Marshall, I shut the s**t down

Your entire arsenal is not enough to f**k with one round

I am also the opposite of what you are like

You’re a microcosm of what the f**k I am on the mic
^^I nutted when I heard this.

BackBlock_OG said:
If this thread isn't proof that Jay-Z is the biggest thing in hip hop, I don't know what is. I'll give you stan's a clue. The reason why you think he's talking about Jay is b/c you're listening to the album thinking about Jay-Z.
Yeah it definitely couldn't have been the BLATANT "awww"s in the track. Shut the f**k up, please. It's embarrassing.
 06-23-2010, 08:40 AM         #87
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I really think this "subliminal war" has been going on for a long time and we're finally getting into the circle.

Don't you guys find it funny that Jay-Z used the line "Young Hov tell these ordinary Joe's, button up."?

Then Eminem puts Joey and Royce in the Forever video and they release 40/40 (which I thought was a clear shot a Jay), and in the song Joey said:

Cause looseleafs don't come with subtitles, can't read between the lines
But think anybody on your TV be
in your top of elite
three, then see see me
Fifth gear, we kickin up dust mothaf**ka
We only competin with us mothaf**ka
Then Eminem turns around and release Seduction, which seems like a direct shot at Jay-Z. I think the girl in the song represents "real hip-hop" and not just hip-hop in general.

But, there are a lot of lines in Seduction that don't apply to Jay-Z, but I still believe it's a shot at him because he's one of the few artists in the industry who actually have a buzz and can compete.

And you guys are crazy if you think Joe Budden can't be in this circle. The industry went digital last year and anyone who was keeping up with hip-hop was talking about Joe Budden.
 7 years ago '10        #88
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
Serious...?

What do ANY of those lines you just highlighted have to do with Jay...?

Get outta here
 7 years ago '05        #89
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
In this song he rapped so fast his face had to have turned purple. He's taking shots at Grimace.
 06-23-2010, 09:16 AM         #90
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoungNiNsane said:
Serious...?

What do ANY of those lines you just highlighted have to do with Jay...?

Get outta here

Did you read? Those lines have nothing to do with Jay-Z captain obvious.

The song is titled 40/40 (Yeah they spit that many bars.)

And he's talking about an elite competing amongst themselves.
 7 years ago '08        #91
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,582 | Props total: 17253 17253
He tells you early in this all Psychological Warfare, if he got you thinking this is about the camel then he won the war
 06-23-2010, 09:45 AM         #92
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The N said:
He tells you early in this all Psychological Warfare, if he got you thinking this is about the camel then he won the war
You're right. And I'm going to take my lost like a man. Eminem did it, he won.
 7 years ago '04        #93
Miami 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,093 | Props total: 1191 1191
its a dope track. i'm sure em was taking shots at mainstream hip hop in general (the s**t you hear on the radio nowadays) since the majority of the mainstream lack the skills that em has, yet are still successful.
 7 years ago '05        #94
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
Didn't Em just do a interview basically sayin him and Jay are besties and they talk about fashion and his addiction?
 7 years ago '04        #95
Dee 
space
space
$1,138 | Props total: 0 0
Nah,I think he was taking shots at Nick Cannon.
 7 years ago '05        #96
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
wtf is wrong with some people
 06-24-2010, 10:40 PM         #97
Salvation  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shady4180 said:
Cant believe people are calling thread starter crazy...this s**t is obvious..this is the chorus

Seduction, seduce

Ain’t nobody who’s as good at what I do

Cause one minute she loves you, the next she don’t

She’s been stolen from you, it’s like a…(verbal seduction)

Straight up saying he is the best and if his top competition is Jay then most shots are towards his nearest competitor. Its not about them being friends, its about the competition of the game and being the best.

But you got a hard on for me, what you hollerin’ my name for? - A star is born
That and the blatant "aww"'s in the song is something that we can't look the other way at.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy