most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #221
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,930 | Props total: 6177 6177
 Fresh Whyte said:
....You Gotta Be Under The Age Of 18 With That Comment For Real.

MK The Movie Was A Classic....k!ll yourself For Having A s**tty Childhood

That Bicycle Kick Stayed On Rewind In The VCR

Posted via Mobile Device
b**ch please that s**t was wack
 06-09-2010, 08:46 PM         #222
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Quddus said:
b**ch please that s**t was wack
change your diaper cause you got s**t in your a.ss
 8 years ago '06        #223
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
not really feelin it... baraka looks whack with hair.. wish they would just stick to the video game storyline... this movie has some potential though.. i'll peep it when it hits DVD.
 8 years ago '06        #224
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
 Storchaveli said:
I heard it was the little asian dude from Ocean's Eleven.
 8 years ago '04        #225
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
ive been waiting for almost 15 years for this it was well worth the wait
 8 years ago '04        #226
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,403 | Props total: 212 212
 hooligun said:
not really feelin it... baraka looks whack with hair.. wish they would just stick to the video game storyline... this movie has some potential though.. i'll peep it when it hits DVD.
Stop looking at it as an actual movie. It's just promo/demo to sell the idea to WB. All that aesthetic s**t like character looks can always change if and when it's greenlit.
 8 years ago '05        #227
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,010 | Props total: 226 226
 Trill n*gga said:
no n*gga i clearly typed kung lao

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #228
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
Exclusive Interview with MORTAL KOMBAT: REBIRTH Director Kevin Tancharoen; Learn How Short Film Came Together and What He Wants to do in a Feature!

If you’re a Mortal Kombat fan, yesterday was Christmas. That’s because an awesome short film called Mortal Kombat: Rebirth hit the net and it featured a gritty, real world approach to the material. Featuring Michael Jai White, Jeri Ryan, martial artists Lateef Crowder, Ian Anthony Dale and Matt Mullins, the short film has been getting nothing but positive write-ups across the cyberspace. You really should check it out.

But the big story was what was the purpose and who made the short. Some guessed it was for an unannounced feature film, and others thought it might be for a new Mortal Kombat game.

When word got out it was directed by Kevin Tancharoen (Fame), I was kind of stunned. After all, who would have thought the guy who made Fame would have directed an awesome Mortal Kombat short. Thankfully, I had Tancharoen’s email and reached out to see if he wanted to talk about how the short came together and why he wanted to make it. If you’d like to know a lot more, hit the jump to either read or listen to our interview. I’ve also included some highlights as bullet points:

* They shot the short film over two days on two RED cameras

* Started in early April and it took 2 months to do the post production. Most people donated their time. The short was made for $7,500

* Knew if he was going to get a chance at a genre picture, he’d have to show he could do it on his own. This is a calling card for a chance at making the next Mortal Kombat feature film and it’s his vision for how he’d do it.

* No one at any studio knew he was doing the short

* Oren Uziel wrote the short. He’s currently listed on IMDb to write the next Mortal Kombat movie at Warner Bros.

* Says he wants to make a movie that balances the real world with the mysticism and the special powers. Compares it to the way Harry Potter exists in two worlds. As in there are two universes that coexist with each other.

* Confirms “fatalities” are definitely in his movie. He wants to put them in the tournament in an “organic way”

* Definitely would use “get over here” (the classic line from the game)

* Michael Jai White plays Jax Briggs in the short and he’d definitely be a part of the feature.

* Says Scorpion is the bad guy and will stay a bad guy

* They only had 4 hours to shoot the big f!ght scene
Excerpt from interview
I know there’s a lot of concern about the mysticism and the special powers and all that kind of stuff. Well, like I said, this is really designed — the short so far is really designed like a prologue to the movie. Now, in a movie version, I am going to have that mysticism there, but it has to be done in a very tasteful way. I wouldn’t like it too campy or too cheesy. I know this is a weird analogy, but it’s the best one I can think of right now. It’s kind of like when in Harry Potter, there’s two universes that coexist with each other. There’s the real world, and then you get on the train and then you go to Hogwart’s, and that’s where all the magic is. It was actually kind of similar in the first Mortal Kombat, too. They had to get on the ship and go to the island, and that’s where all the crazy stuff happened.
Read full article here.

Last edited by rashad0715; 06-09-2010 at 10:43 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #229
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,448 | Props total: 6039 6039
 rashad0715 said:
Read full article here.
:agreement6:
 8 years ago '10        #230
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
 Supamario627 said:
soooooo scorpion is a good guy now??
Scorpion is like his own guy haha he just wants to k!ll Noob Saibot.
 8 years ago '08        #231
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
i always wanted to k!ll noob saibot
 06-10-2010, 03:43 AM         #232
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
looks legit to me and i was laughing for real when someone told me they were making another one
 8 years ago '05        #233
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,462 | Props total: 4405 4405
I'm feeling that whole two different planes of existence thing..

Where on earth no one would have powers, and they'll have to travel to another planet (Outworld) where there'll be magic and powers and s**t..

Some Harry Potter s**t for reals.
 8 years ago '09        #234
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
SICKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '08        #235
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
Meh.......IDK somethin just doesnt seem right bout this
 06-10-2010, 12:48 PM         #236
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Has this been talked about yet? How do ya'll fell about this being "Nolanized." Seems like they are going for the realism approach. Mortal Kombat is a very mystical and fantasy game. In the short, Reptile and Baraka are introduced as crazy messed up humans while in the game they are creatures. How well will they balance this out? Will Sub-Zero shoot out ice? Will Raiden shoot out lighting? Will Lui Kang shoot out fireballs?

Seriously? Can Mortal Kombat actually be grounded in realism?
 8 years ago '04        #237
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
 JaeRell said:
Has this been talked about yet? How do ya'll fell about this being "Nolanized." Seems like they are going for the realism approach. Mortal Kombat is a very mystical and fantasy game. In the short, Reptile and Baraka are introduced as crazy messed up humans while in the game they are creatures. How well will they balance this out? Will Sub-Zero shoot out ice? Will Raiden shoot out lighting? Will Lui Kang shoot out fireballs?

Seriously? Can Mortal Kombat actually be grounded in realism?
Wrong about your Nolanized a.ssumption. And you obviously didn't read what the director said in the interview I posted.

I’m very, very happy that people are responding well to it. I know that there’s definitely a handful of purists that have their opinions on the mysticism and the mythos of Mortal Kombat. But I do have an answer for that: this is just a prelude to what my movie version would be. And of course, when you’re working by yourself, you have a limited resource of budget. I made this thing for $7,500. I couldn’t go balls-to-the-wall on visual effects. I had to utilize what I could and make the best of it. I want the mysticism to be treated carefully and with integrity. We just kind of went for it, and did it. We just kind of went for it, and did it. And everyone was available, they believed in the project. We picked up the camera, and we went, and we didn’t stop.

Last edited by rashad0715; 06-10-2010 at 01:03 PM..
 06-10-2010, 01:11 PM         #238
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rashad0715 said:
Wrong about your Nolanized a.ssumption. And you obviously didn't read what the director said in the interview I posted.

Good lookin' on the interview, but that didn't answer anything really. He wants the mysticism to be "treated carefully and with integrity." That doesn't say much. That doesn't say whether he visions it to be grounded in realism or not. I don't want this sh!t to turn out like Ninja a.ssassin in that aspect. Tries to be real and have fantasy elements at the same time...turning out ridiculous. I guess I'll just have to wait...
 8 years ago '04        #239
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
I think it says a great deal. And he also said he wanted to have a balance of the two. That was just an excerpt. The interview goes into greater detail. There's an audio of it on that weblink. His vision is alot clearer after reading/hearing about it.

Last edited by rashad0715; 06-10-2010 at 01:25 PM..
 06-10-2010, 01:25 PM         #240
FreshPrince 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Trailer was sick!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
240 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
77 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy