A Trainer at my gym said I should take a protein shake.. I'm a girl am I goin gain weight?

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA BIG BALLER BRAND JUST SHUT DOWN NYC TODAY :mjomfg:
31 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
6438 pageviews
41 comments

Jersie 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,017 | Props total: 0 0
A Trainer at my gym said I should take a protein shake.. I'm a girl am I goin gain weight?

I'm tryin to losin sum weight and tone up for a cruise in sept my trainer suggests me taking a protein shake ESP since i always 4get to eat breakfast.. oops.. image im scared its goin make me GAIN weight since i see all the muscle lookin guys on the front... is this ok for me to take for breakfast? also the days i work out should I take before or after the gym ... like eat a banana then gym then shake? the guy at gnc told me nitro-tech was good so thats wat i have right now jus scared ima gain weight instead... advice, comments, suggestions?

41 comments for "A Trainer at my gym said I should take a protein shake.. I'm a girl am I goin gain weight?"

8 years ago '04        #2
Jersie 1 heat pts OP
space
space
so get optimum nutrition plat whey.. wat flavor.. hope it tastes better then this one yuk

Last edited by Jersie; 06-08-2010 at 11:50 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #3
Jersie 1 heat pts OP
space
space
which one lol

also do i drink this after workout on days i workout?

Last edited by Jersie; 06-08-2010 at 11:53 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #4
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,777 | Props total: 4689 4689
if your not trying to gain weight just make sure you drink it with water........not milk

doesnt taste as good but your not doing this for the taste your doing this for the outcome
 8 years ago '04        #5
Jersie 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 youngvito18 said:
if your not trying to gain weight just make sure you drink it with water........not milk

doesnt taste as good but your not doing this for the taste your doing this for the outcome
ya ive been drinkn with water *yuck* ur right not doin it for the taste.. so on days i work out b4 workout or after?
 06-08-2010, 12:34 PM         #6
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly you should be getting the same amount of protein every day. Doesn't matter if you are working out or not. You don't even need a protein shake if you can eat real food instead, or you could make your own shake cheaper.

a lot of options
 8 years ago '04        #7
Jersie 1 heat pts OP
space
space
i drink one every day jus on days im workn out b4 or after workout???????
 06-08-2010, 12:39 PM         #8
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gattsau said:
after but u should be doing it everyday. your diet would detrmine how many times. personally i dont go more than 1 shake a day but those who don't get alot of protein may need to do more.
or just eat more real food. It's cheaper. What the real question we need to ask, a.ssuming everyone is a trainer, is what are her macros...........
 8 years ago '05        #9
Rubix 
space
space
$8,492 | Props total: 824 824
i dont see why women have to take protein supps besides for faster absorption if anything but ya'll weigh 100-130 lbs..it should be a breeze to get in 100-130 g's of protein from whole food. you dont even have to take a protein shake post workout..just have a glass of chocolate milk and a chicken brea$t and you're set.

anyways, i f**ken hope all gnc's burn down. they overprice everything and push the most garbage products onto their customers..even their own products are crap. they take advantage of the stupid and uninformed -- usually women. stay away from muscle tech products at all cost. most of their s**t is overpriced fairy dust. optimum nutrition has pretty good products and so does ultimate nutrition, universal and some gaspari products. if you're still looking for an all around protein, i'd say go with optimum nutritions 100% whey gold standard. you'll probably get the most bang for your buck on that one. and look for supps online as opposed to gnc's..i use bodybuilding.com and nutraplanet.com for a lot of my stuff.
 06-08-2010, 12:45 PM         #10
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea fair enough.....a lot of people on here seem to be like college students, who don't have a ton of money...so usually i go for the more real food route...it ends up being cheaper.

but no doubt we are both saying the same thing pretty much.

good posts. propz
 06-08-2010, 12:47 PM         #11
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
choc milk has been touted as a very good PWO drink. With a nice mix of CHO and PRO + FAT
 8 years ago '05        #12
Rubix 
space
space
 Gattsau said:
false.

but ya everythign else is true but its a business what do u expect. they also have the companies u listed its a higher price but their are some benefits like the return policy. Im not defending GNC but dudes act like they are the devil .
yeah, what's false? that people really don't have to supplement with protein shakes to make muscle gains? that's false?
 8 years ago '05        #13
Rubix 
space
space
 Gattsau said:
and secondly i was referring to what I bolded about all GNC products being crap which i s false.
missed that. my bad. yeah i probably have a slight biasm against them just because they profit off pushing crap onto consumers. there's other supp stores that are around me where i can go into that actually tell me, "hrmm, thats a bit overpriced for what you're getting but i can show you something comparable at a cheaper price" but then again, these dudes dont work on commission and are lifters themselves. as for gnc multi-vitamins and s**t, i just read bad stuff about em..then consumer report has gnc protien containing higher amounts of heavy metals sooo....
 8 years ago '04        #14
Jersie 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Ok so im 144 - 5"6 right now trying to drop/tone up to around 120 sumthin how much protein should I b taking?
 06-08-2010, 02:52 PM         #15
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Your bodyweight.
 8 years ago '04        #16
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 596 596
"protein shakes" = calories

In the end; if you're intaking to many calories and not burning off enough you are going to gain weight regardless of "protein shakes" or not.

Last edited by enetblazin4eva; 06-08-2010 at 09:37 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #17
Htown_Koopa 
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 16 16
This one taste preety good

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Gourmet-Protein-Cookies-Cream/dp/B002FOQBMA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1276122468&sr=8-2
 8 years ago '04        #18
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,898 | Props total: 2529 2529
she gon end up like this...........

[video - click to view]

06-09-2010, 09:15 PM         #19
MrAmazing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 specialk103185 said:
How much do you weigh? (if you don't mind me askin) Your trainer just wants you to get something in the morning to get your metabolism going so you burn calories quicker during the day. I recommend a fruit smoothie OR Women's Health Magazine has a thing on their website about what to eat based on what you are trying to accomplish and your body type. I did their diet/workout plan for a month or so when i was trying to tone up and it was great...I still go back to it when i want to refresh.

are you gay?
 06-09-2010, 10:19 PM         #20
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The answer is to fix your diet by understanding your calorie intake.

Assuming you are around 20 yrs old, here is what you need to eat:

Maintenance: 1982 Calories/day
Fat Loss: 1585 Calories/day
Extreme Fat Loss: 1189 Calories/day

You should be eating 1600-1800 calories per day to see weight loss. Cut out all non-water liquids since water is 0 calories - that's one of the first ways to cut the numbers down.

You can use a website like myfitnesspal.com to track your calorie intake and adjust accordingly.

I spent a number of years exercising and not changing my diet waiting for something to change and it never really did. Diet is like 95% of the equation...exercise is just a supplement to speed up weight loss...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
72 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
53 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy