Its Official there is no debate anymore...Eminem is GOAT

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
179 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Goat?
Goat 115 60.21%
Not Goat 76 39.79%
Voters: 191. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #41
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,981 | Props total: 1295 1295
 THE TAKEOVER said:
n*ggas wake up on my d*ck, eat some breakfast first
last i checked, you were up at 10:20 am posting in an eminem thread, trying to help save the little career your boyfriend Hov has left, by hating on eminem....

you're literally on drugs if you think i give two f**ks about your existence.

Jay Z lost.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Grisly; 06-08-2010 at 10:21 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #42
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 ash1990 said:
:disdain2: that recovery album overrated , eminem hooks are weak
his HOOKS are weak?? his HOOKS?? lmao. go listen to Jay or somethin if u want hooks. the rest of us hip hop fiends will listen to nas and em to feed our lyricial crack addiction..

go listen to illmatic if u want horrible hooks. what happened there? only best album in hip hop history...

yeah hooks are key...

8 years ago '06        #43
jj01 
space
space
$44,942 | Props total: 4631 4631
 BackBlock_OG said:
I haven't heard Recovery yet, so I can't comment, but his discography does not warrant him to even be considered the GOAT.

People keep saying the MMLP was classic, but why? Classic means every song is good. "Who Knew" is ok, "The Real Slim Shady" is some commercial bulls**t, "Remember Me" and "I'm back" are both ok. "Drug Ballad", "Amityville" and "Under the Influence" are all weak. And who wants to hear those gay a.ss skits?

Then people say TES is classic. Name one song besides for "Till I Collapse" that has made any type of impact on hip hop; "Without Me"? I think Em's fans are so desparate to include him is the "all-time greats" catagory just b/c he's white and he's good at something that's dominated by blacks, but white suburbia does not represent the hip hop community. In the "real" hip hop community, no one I know can name one song on "Relaspe" "Encore", or "TES". I had to Google the tracklist just to remember the songs.

I've been a hip hop head since '87 and I bought the SSLP and MMLP when they came out, while the majority of my friends dismissed it as dumb white boy s**t. So my opinion is not race related, it's just reality. If you want to make a case for him being the best with the wordplay or best flow, sure you can make that case. But to put him up against people like Jay or Nas or Pac or B.I.G. is rediculous.

Em's fans get too caught up in "battle rapping". They think every collaboration song is about who spit the tighter verse, that's why they can't understand why people rank Jay-Z ahead of him. But hip hop is not all about battling. It's about making good songs that last the test of time. No song from "Relaspe" "Encore" or "TES" has lasted the test of time to people outside of Em's core fan base.

Phenomenal lyricist? Sure. Agruably the best w/ the wordplay? Sure. GOAT? No way!
Sorry

nice post
 8 years ago '08        #44
hollaballooza 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,250 | Props total: 430 430
 SHootar said:
his HOOKS are weak?? his HOOKS?? lmao. go listen to Jay or somethin if u want hooks. the rest of us hip hop fiends will listen to nas and em to feed our lyricial crack addiction..

go listen to illmatic if u want horrible hooks. what happened there? only best album in hip hop history...

yeah hooks are key...

:agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #45
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6383 6383
 BackBlock_OG said:
I haven't heard Recovery yet, so I can't comment, but his discography does not warrant him to even be considered the GOAT.

People keep saying the MMLP was classic, but why? Classic means every song is good. "Who Knew" is ok, "The Real Slim Shady" is some commercial bulls**t, "Remember Me" and "I'm back" are both ok. "Drug Ballad", "Amityville" and "Under the Influence" are all weak. And who wants to hear those gay a.ss skits?

Then people say TES is classic. Name one song besides for "Till I Collapse" that has made any type of impact on hip hop; "Without Me"? I think Em's fans are so desparate to include him is the "all-time greats" catagory just b/c he's white and he's good at something that's dominated by blacks, but white suburbia does not represent the hip hop community. In the "real" hip hop community, no one I know can name one song on "Relaspe" "Encore", or "TES". I had to Google the tracklist just to remember the songs.

I've been a hip hop head since '87 and I bought the SSLP and MMLP when they came out, while the majority of my friends dismissed it as dumb white boy s**t. So my opinion is not race related, it's just reality. If you want to make a case for him being the best with the wordplay or best flow, sure you can make that case. But to put him up against people like Jay or Nas or Pac or B.I.G. is rediculous.

Em's fans get too caught up in "battle rapping". They think every collaboration song is about who spit the tighter verse, that's why they can't understand why people rank Jay-Z ahead of him. But hip hop is not all about battling. It's about making good songs that last the test of time. No song from "Relaspe" "Encore" or "TES" has lasted the test of time to people outside of Em's core fan base.

Phenomenal lyricist? Sure. Agruably the best w/ the wordplay? Sure. GOAT? No way!
Sorry
by that logic

big only had 1 classic because life after death got a few forgettable songs up there and he is considered the best by a lot of people. goat has 1 classic?
 8 years ago '09        #46
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,077 | Props total: 8847 8847
 SHootar said:

yeah hooks are key...

n*gga nas is my favourite rapper, my top 5 nas scarface 2pac jay-z ghostface k!llah

tho yh the hooks on the recovery was ehh//weak
 8 years ago '09        #47
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,693 | Props total: 6192 6192
Hooks were the worst part which is strange because his hooks are usually on point,its mainly because he was trying new things on them.He didnt do many himself though.

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-08-2010 at 10:45 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #48
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,077 | Props total: 8847 8847
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Hooks were the worst part which is strange because his hooks are usually on point,its mainly because he was trying new things on them.He didnt do any himself though.
finally some one agree,
 8 years ago '04        #49
Ace Tu 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,246 | Props total: 215 215
 RamazedAGAIN said:
hes the best white rapper ..yes

to be the goat..you have to grow as an artist..but still mantain being the greatest...and eminem has used the same formula through out his career...coming out with a corny single..then putting out a heart felt record...hes done that on almost every single album.....jayz knows how to switch it up..
speaking of new formula, u listen to recovery yet?
 8 years ago '04        #50
Jaysin_305 77 heat pts77
space
space
$3,306 | Props total: 243 243
 carden2 said:
yah he is incredible. im not really a huge em fan either but he's the best. just like i don't like kobe but i mean i know he's the best in the game right now. some things you can't deny.
there u go

im kobe and em fan

so it nice to see some one admit it

kobe is the best in the league
and eminem has always been in his own league lyrically

Last edited by Jaysin_305; 06-08-2010 at 10:47 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #51
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,813 | Props total: 17200 17200
 bay224 said:
white people...

u wont catch no real n.iggas listening to this suburban rap..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 8 years ago '07        #52
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,773 | Props total: 14586 14586
 justinjones said:
by that logic

big only had 1 classic because life after death got a few forgettable songs up there and he is considered the best by a lot of people. goat has 1 classic?
Yea his logic is flawed.
 8 years ago '08        #53
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,023 | Props total: 5085 5085
2 songs into Recovery and im bored...
 06-08-2010, 11:01 AM         #54
ItachiUchiha 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not feelin it as much as I'd like to. I'm a huge Eminem fan but Em's stuff as of late has just been majority sub-par...

Actually I'm only about halfway through Recovery but still... I'd expect to like every song but I don't. I'll give it more listens but if this were any other rapper I wouldn't...

Here's my faves so far...

Talkin To Myself
Not Afraid
Space Bound (love this song)
25 To Life
So Bad

It's a really different Eminem album

Most of the beats just suck to... who produced it?

edit* From what I can tell the album seems to get alot better toward the end.

Last edited by ItachiUchiha; 06-08-2010 at 11:09 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #55
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 younghova032003 said:
Im really not feeling his music.. It gives me a headache. Someone explain what is it about hs music people like talking about doing drugs,killing his family do you relate to or drawls u to his music?
you're stupid and clearly you didnt listen. go listen to slim thug or something. eminem is goat, no if ands or buts about it whatsoever. if you dont consider him goat, then its not crazy to think hes in the discussion.
 06-08-2010, 11:08 AM         #56
ItachiUchiha 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ Need to listen to it again...
 8 years ago '10        #57
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
One of:cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '04        #58
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,813 | Props total: 17200 17200
 haterade2885 said:
you're stupid and clearly you didnt listen. go listen to slim thug or something. eminem is goat, no if ands or buts about it whatsoever. if you dont consider him goat, then its not crazy to think hes in the discussion.
u gotta be white
 8 years ago '06        #59
AF1PIMPN 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,313 | Props total: 66 66
Yea 2 your kind
 8 years ago '06        #60
angelo noel 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,793 | Props total: 1361 1361
Kane is the G.O.A.T.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy