Eminem - Recovery (2010)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What y'all think bout this shit?!
STRAIGHT FIRE! 521 62.70%
DOPE 172 20.70%
GOOD/OK 83 9.99%
WACK 20 2.41%
STRAIGHT DOO-DOO 35 4.21%
Voters: 831. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #201
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 Kal Tourette said:
his story telling was amazing tho on relapse which recovery lacks even when he tries on almost famous which ends up being punchlines and screaming on the beat, but the cohesive story elements are very minimal on this album. this is why i like relaose better. aalmost every song on relapse is story telling. eminem just got the wrong folks in his ear telling him bulls**t. he says his last albums were trash, but he thinks wayne is dope as f**k too and allowed horribl hooks to be on his album. tells u where his minds at. why is he appologizing for albums? an artist should never regret what they have done because encore and both relapse are better than 90% of anything mainstream
Well put.
 7 years ago '04        #202
knives 
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 24 24
funny thing is, it'd be interesting to hear him spit relapse now with his skills finally back to a high level. one thing about relapse thats worth noting is there are virtually NO memorable lines where as recovery is littered with them along with the flow and no accent. Of course i prefer this content to relapse's but i think had he done relapse with the eminem we hear now, it would've had more replay value.

I think the relapse advocates are just being naive here. I respect everyone's opinion but to say the story telling is better on relapse than recovery is a reach. Only song(s) that had great story telling are same song and dance and stay wide awake. Pretty much alll the other s**t was off the wall shock s**t with a little bit of introspective s**t. you can't seriously think that 25 to life, going through changes, space bound(which i a.ssume is actually about his love life and his addiction to drugs), and talking 2 myself alone > relapse. And those songs didn't even exhibit his clever word play he finally went back to on this album. Seriously i hope he fully explains space bound when he gets interviewed cuz it will show you just how much better his story telling has become. a.ssuming its what i think it is.

If i had to give anything to relapse over recovery it'd be the rhyme schemes weren't as complex there for it came out sharper and more cohesive. But even that isn't that much better becaues overall his flow and rhymes are near perfect on this record imo.
 7 years ago '08        #203
Really Doe 7 heat pts
space
space
$239 | Props total: 285 285
my favorite tracks

1. Going Through Changes
2. Love the way you Lie
3. Talkin 2 Myself
4. 25 to life
5. Spacebound
 06-14-2010, 09:30 PM         #204
kmj2318 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do wish he had at least one song that was story telling, the thing about relapse is i could vividly picture each song in my head because of the stories, my mom, hello, Same song and dance, stay wide awake. It felt like watching a movie. Relapse was more cinematic than musical.
 7 years ago '05        #205
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,077 | Props total: 4213 4213
alot of campfire song hooks....soft singing.....thats were it gets wack 2 me....but nice lyrics from him tho
 06-15-2010, 01:23 PM         #206
punisher 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hiphop4ever said:
0 mics
 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM         #207
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i gotta say this is by far one of his greatest albums i can remember, i would almost go as far and compare it to the Marshall mathers LP as saying how bad a.ss this album is. i can literally listen to every track without wanted to switch to the next and you know with alotta peoples albums you gotta do it. especially the song dedicated to Proof where he has the children chanting in the backround i remember that being from the lost boys flick back in the 80s that track is straight fire

Last edited by donmeca2020; 06-16-2010 at 08:22 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #208
carbon720 
space
space
space
$245 | Props total: 0 0
Em is back! I'm glad he realized and admitted his last album was trash! This is the Em that we grew to love. Just got back from a plane flight and listened to this track to track without skipping a track 3 times over. Fire!
 06-16-2010, 06:27 PM         #209
sbutla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 senseispab said:
I agree with this. Recovery is really growing on me, but the best Dre beats on Relapse > any beat on Revovery.

I like the off the hook serial k!ller stuff more than the emotionalising too, but whatever he does is hot right now.

Eminem might be one the few great rappers who also has real longevity. Nas and Jay never did anything even as remotely fresh as their earlier stuff, whereas Em raps as hard now as he ever did.
yeah, Relapse had dope a.ss beats, better than Recovery's. that's kind of how Relapse didn't completely tank, because honestly, only half that album was any good. i like his crazy "i'll f**king k!ll you if you f**k with me" stuff, but i'm not really into the serial k!lling. it just isn't funny to me.
 7 years ago '04        #210
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,066 | Props total: 585 585
I really held this album off for the longest time, but I finally gave it a good listen tonight. As I'm typing this, I'm admittedly losing focus on this post cuz I'm listening to this s**t again.

This s**t I can listen to track-for-track. This dude is just straight spitting and flowing something ridiculous from start to finish. I haven't heard this dude spit this hungry and with such a complex rhyme scheme in years! The content, the maturity and the evolution in him as an artist really are the strongpoints of this album. I didn't think he could get deep with his own personal life since his earlier s**t (let's face it, the many of these last years have been Em at his most uninspired and s**t), but he must've gone through quite some s**t to come with something as serious and focused as this album.

I'm also impressed over the fact that Eminem really kept the features low. I'm amazed the only other rapper on this album was Lil Wayne. Not exactly his best choice if he only had to pick one rapper. The other big names that were added to the album (Pink and Rihanna) actually played just the right roles for this album, and that was mainly at the hooks on tracks with a tone that matches their styles. And the best feature on the album of course was Kobe. He k!lled that chorus. Eminem really ain't much of a singer on hooks for a few tracks (there are tracks where his vocal problem REALLY stands out), but he did say on "Halle's Song" that he can't sing. Haha. Gotta commend him on his bravery.

Great beats. This album has finally solidified my liking for DJ Khalil. Dude shined with the production for this album. I almost didn't even realize Dr. Dre only produced one track on this album. And the Eminem/Just Blaze combination turned out with some great results.

All I can say is every single track, this dude is spittin' with such consistency, aggression and flow that you just can't help but give him props for showin' the world how you rap on another level. Best part is he's doing that regardless of the concept of the track.

I'm not sure where this ranks in his album collection, but one thing I will say is this is easily his best album in years (wow, forgot to take into account how long Em's been in this game). I'm gonna give this album some time before I square it up with The Eminem Show, but one thing I will say is this is a great f**king album, especially in the climate hip-hop's been in.

Last edited by R-iZZy; 06-17-2010 at 12:49 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #211
lzrich 
space
space
$786 | Props total: 1 1
Album is f**king hot, my favorite out of all of them!!
 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM         #212
sbutla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 R-iZZy said:
I really held this album off for the longest time, but I finally gave it a good listen tonight. As I'm typing this, I'm admittedly losing focus on this post cuz I'm listening to this s**t again.

This s**t I can listen to track-for-track. This dude is just straight spitting and flowing something ridiculous from start to finish. I haven't heard this dude spit this hungry and with such a complex rhyme scheme in years! The content, the maturity and the evolution in him as an artist really are the strongpoints of this album. I didn't think he could get deep with his own personal life since his earlier s**t (let's face it, the many of these last years have been Em at his most uninspired and s**t), but he must've gone through quite some s**t to come with something as serious and focused as this album.

I'm also impressed over the fact that Eminem really kept the features low. I'm amazed the only other rapper on this album was Lil Wayne. Not exactly his best choice if he only had to pick one rapper. The other big names that were added to the album (Pink and Rihanna) actually played just the right roles for this album, and that was mainly at the hooks on tracks with a tone that matches their styles. And the best feature on the album of course was Kobe. He k!lled that chorus. Eminem really ain't much of a singer on hooks for a few tracks (there are tracks where his vocal problem REALLY stands out), but he did say on "Halle's Song" that he can't sing. Haha. Gotta commend him on his bravery.

Great beats. This album has finally solidified my liking for DJ Khalil. Dude shined with the production for this album. I almost didn't even realize Dr. Dre only produced one track on this album. And the Eminem/Just Blaze combination turned out with some great results.

All I can say is every single track, this dude is spittin' with such consistency, aggression and flow that you just can't help but give him props for showin' the world how you rap on another level. Best part is he's doing that regardless of the concept of the track.

I'm not sure where this ranks in his album collection, but one thing I will say is this is easily his best album in years (wow, forgot to take into account how long Em's been in this game). I'm gonna give this album some time before I square it up with The Eminem Show, but one thing I will say is this is a great f**king album, especially in the climate hip-hop's been in.
no one could have said this any better.
 06-18-2010, 04:25 AM         #213
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
s**tz crack nah like seriously s**t is f**kin amazin
 06-18-2010, 04:53 AM         #214
Killa Kwamz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lil Wayne>Eminem
 06-18-2010, 05:37 PM         #215
sbutla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killa Kwamz said:
Lil Wayne>Eminem
you're crazy son.
 06-20-2010, 02:31 PM         #216
KCK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is an incredibly dope album.
 06-20-2010, 04:14 PM         #217
n1ckname 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
classic?
 06-21-2010, 02:45 AM         #218
SUPREME CARTEL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
remember when eminem was good?
 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM         #219
cbgetit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hottt!!!!
 7 years ago '05        #220
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,493 | Props total: 717 717
 SUPREME CARTEL said:
remember when eminem was good?
ya recovery reminded me of how good he can be...why?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy