Eminem - Recovery (2010)

most viewed right now
 175
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 172
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 144
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 135
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

What y'all think bout this shit?!
STRAIGHT FIRE! 521 62.70%
DOPE 172 20.70%
GOOD/OK 83 9.99%
WACK 20 2.41%
STRAIGHT DOO-DOO 35 4.21%
Voters: 831. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-12-2010, 11:11 PM         #181
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JTwizzy said:
Wow, there is just no reasoning for anyone liking Relapse more than Recovery. I mean, I even enjoyed Relapse to some degree, but no WAY is it touching Recovery with a 10-foot pole.
i stated why relapse is better. it has a sound that is better than recovery as in beat production and concept is a thorough album concept which he dispalys the whole album, 3am is by far a better first release than Not Afraid. Dr Dre on every song but one....NOTHING in the game is f**kin with that. Relapse had some of the best production that year and good hooks for the songs. Now if u say u prefer em's flows here then i understand, but eminem had better story telling on relapse and far better beats. i hate the accent too, but crack a bottle also s**ts on not afraid. nothing on relapse even WE MADE YOU is generic where as too many beats and concepts are too similar to radio play music. he has far to many songs regurgitating him and females. not as versatile. relapse is about slim shady the serial k!ller devilish guy possessing eminem on the album...what is recovery about???? cause the only thing is he lyrically got slightly better than recent, but what exactly is he talking about? its pretty much beautiful over and over on many tracks. his production really brings this album down a notch. hell even encore had far better beats
 8 years ago '09        #182
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,241 | Props total: 19348 19348
^stop reading after you said crack a bottle was better than not afraid lol gtfo and you definitely are overrating relapse at callin that bulls**t storytelling...imo the flow was ill on relapse and it had no real weak tracks but it didn't have much replay value outside of maybe three tracks...recovery imo already is more interesting listen its a new sound for em, he flows on them well, he spit flames, and the content is way better, and lastly he hasn't made an album full of slow tracks he still bringin that em fast flow to tracks overall it is head and shoulders above relapse imo and if encore didn't have so much fillers that album would have been better than relapse as well.
 06-12-2010, 11:33 PM         #183
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 asid12345678 said:
^^^^

Actually if you listen to any old Em song..He's "screaming" if that's what you call it . But as a normal human his voice has become deeper

Better than trying to imitate Donald Duck on Relapse you know...If you want nice and smooth songs

Lady gaga is your artist

[video - click to view]

if only he could listen to this again and remember that he doesnt want to sound like anyone and too bad NO LOVE sounds just like radio music from wayne, ross, drake, ti etc...this old eminem would have hated wayne LOL...this new so called matured and nicer em has gotten swayed by POP culture mainstream america. listen to the raw sound he used to have. and he di not used ton SHOUT, he was just high pitched and had better clarity. his rhymes were faaaaaaaar better, but recovery has it's promise here and there. listen to the underground chop shop sound he used to have which were on both his best albums. his best music is from infinite to eminem show...then he stopped listening to the underground and started listening to critics and goinf for a friendlier approach.
 06-13-2010, 12:38 AM         #184
sbutla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he needed this, but i still miss the old Dr. Dre exclusives. in future albums, his singles should be produced by others, but his core beats should come from either himself or Dre. it seems that he's on the road to selling out to the mainstream...which would p!ss me off.
 8 years ago '05        #185
ONESUN187 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,308 | Props total: 595 595
this is Eminem show >em all the way!!your a f**king idiot if you don`t hear the hunger in his voice he is hungry for this s**t all over again.even though he has nothing to prove.i guess he has to prove to himself that he is one of the greatest and this album should solidify that.
 8 years ago '04        #186
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,924 | Props total: 4285 4285
 sbutla said:
he needed this, but i still miss the old Dr. Dre exclusives. in future albums, his singles should be produced by others, but his core beats should come from either himself or Dre. it seems that he's on the road to selling out to the mainstream...which would p!ss me off.
his core beats never came from Dre...The Bass Brothers were behind the majority of the Eminem sound.
 8 years ago '09        #187
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,241 | Props total: 19348 19348
^yea i miss the bass brothers
 8 years ago '04        #188
Drich1998 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$970 | Props total: 45 45
 sbutla said:
he needed this, but i still miss the old Dr. Dre exclusives. in future albums, his singles should be produced by others, but his core beats should come from either himself or Dre. it seems that he's on the road to selling out to the mainstream...which would p!ss me off.
Hes getting outta the same ol bulls**t that had people, outside of his core fans, rollin our eyes. Name a hot dre beat in the past 3 years homie? This is the em that the rest of the people wanna hear. Beats are slammin' he spits better than any MC for the past 14 years, and there is ZERO corny s**t. Get off the old s**t's d*ck. Let the motherfukers artistry grow. This is OBVIOUSLY not the last of this type of eminem we've heard.

(Waits for Sir Lucious Left...to complete the best summer of music since Rae dropped the purple tape.)
 06-13-2010, 04:18 AM         #189
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wowww took couple of spins but this cd is incredibleee
 06-13-2010, 04:23 AM         #190
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
honestly relapse and recovery are on the same level ish so far n e way...recovery is much more presentable to the public...friends, in the whip, parties...but relapse was perfect as far as the conceptual part and s**ttt
 06-13-2010, 07:16 AM         #191
jd20jroc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks
 8 years ago '10        #192
NYstreetz 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$351 | Props total: 7 7
damn this album is :banana: s
 06-13-2010, 01:00 PM         #193
sbutla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
his core beats never came from Dre...The Bass Brothers were behind the majority of the Eminem sound.
ehh, i'm pretty sure Dre was credited with most of the beats. yeah, he worked on them with the Bass Brothers, but he was the one who made/makes the final call
 8 years ago '04        #194
Ace Tu 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,246 | Props total: 215 215
 sbutla said:
ehh, i'm pretty sure Dre was credited with most of the beats. yeah, he worked on them with the Bass Brothers, but he was the one who made/makes the final call
nah...on sslp dre produced only 3 songs and on mmlp he produced 6. em stopped workin w/ the bass brothers for the eminem show. idk y. their beats fit his style perfectly
 06-13-2010, 01:16 PM         #195
sbutla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drich1998 said:
Hes getting outta the same ol bulls**t that had people, outside of his core fans, rollin our eyes. Name a hot dre beat in the past 3 years homie? This is the em that the rest of the people wanna hear. Beats are slammin' he spits better than any MC for the past 14 years, and there is ZERO corny s**t. Get off the old s**t's d*ck. Let the motherfukers artistry grow. This is OBVIOUSLY not the last of this type of eminem we've heard.

(Waits for Sir Lucious Left...to complete the best summer of music since Rae dropped the purple tape.)
that's my point. his whole attitude was "f**k what other people want, i'm making music that i think is good, and that i want people to hear." that's what i loved about eminem, he didn't give a f**k.

as for dank beats, how about Music Box? Hello? Same Song and Dance? or Underground? that's just to name a few.

I know this is the Em everyone wants to hear; that isn't what his music is supposed to be about. his whole attitude was "if you don't like it, f**k you, you don't have to listen." i'm just afraid he's on the path to selling out, which is something i don't want to see.

yes, i agree, Recovery is the s**t, probably his best album since the MMLP. but i don't want to see him veer away from using Dre as his main producer; they are the best duo in hip hop right now. so tell me, how the f**k am i riding the old stuff's d*ck? i want his artistry to grow, but i don't want him selling out to the mainstream like Ice Cube and Wayne. i like this new s**t, but i don't want it to be his future. it would get old after a while.
 06-13-2010, 01:18 PM         #196
sbutla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ace Tu said:
nah...on sslp dre produced only 3 songs and on mmlp he produced 6. em stopped workin w/ the bass brothers for the eminem show. idk y. their beats fit his style perfectly
ok you're right, my bad. but still. his singles need to be produced by people like boi-1da, and the rest of his CD by dre and the Bass Brothers.
 8 years ago '04        #197
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 440 440
Name a hot dre beat in the past 3 years homie?


[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]


Those beats are crazy and I could name more.
 8 years ago '08        #198
senseispab 
space
avatar space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 sbutla said:
that's my point. his whole attitude was "f**k what other people want, i'm making music that i think is good, and that i want people to hear." that's what i loved about eminem, he didn't give a f**k.

as for dank beats, how about Music Box? Hello? Same Song and Dance? or Underground? that's just to name a few.

I know this is the Em everyone wants to hear; that isn't what his music is supposed to be about. his whole attitude was "if you don't like it, f**k you, you don't have to listen." i'm just afraid he's on the path to selling out, which is something i don't want to see.

yes, i agree, Recovery is the s**t, probably his best album since the MMLP. but i don't want to see him veer away from using Dre as his main producer; they are the best duo in hip hop right now. so tell me, how the f**k am i riding the old stuff's d*ck? i want his artistry to grow, but i don't want him selling out to the mainstream like Ice Cube and Wayne. i like this new s**t, but i don't want it to be his future. it would get old after a while.

I agree with this. Recovery is really growing on me, but the best Dre beats on Relapse > any beat on Revovery.

I like the off the hook serial k!ller stuff more than the emotionalising too, but whatever he does is hot right now.

Eminem might be one the few great rappers who also has real longevity. Nas and Jay never did anything even as remotely fresh as their earlier stuff, whereas Em raps as hard now as he ever did.
 8 years ago '08        #199
senseispab 
space
avatar space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 DBreeze said:
OK, you like songs about butt s3x with children. Noted.
I do when they're that good.

Open your mind and you get to listen to one of the greatest hip hop horror movie tracks of all time.....
 8 years ago '09        #200
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,241 | Props total: 19348 19348
^ i am glad em off that horrorcore s**t he isn't that good at it...sure he great with spittin crazy s**t but horrocore na he isn't that good at it...tech n9ne and brotha lynch do it better
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 31
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
54 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy