So what numbers y'all putting up?

most viewed right now
 128
Video inside May 22 - Kaepernick Lawsuit Reveals Evidence Teams Think He's a Starter
21 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 83
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
120 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 39
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
97 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #101
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,179 | Props total: 768 768
155x5 Barbell Upright Rows

190x8 Barbell Good Mornings

305x7 Barbell Squat Jumps
 10-21-2010, 05:52 PM         #102
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just bench pressed 6 tons.

 10-21-2010, 07:58 PM         #103
Kuchiki_Byakuya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rubix said:
i just do it. but only for benching and deadlifting and never for squats mainly cuz of safety. if u try to squat more than u can handle, it could get nasty
Bench is probably the most dangerous out of the "big three" (no Miami Heat) to max out on if either you lack a spotter or your spotters just plain suck.

Now as for max-effort squat... well, that's what the safety pins in the squat rack are for.
 10-21-2010, 09:02 PM         #104
MrAmazing  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rubix said:
i just do it. but only for benching and deadlifting and never for squats mainly cuz of safety. if u try to squat more than u can handle, it could get nasty
safety pins are made for that reason.
 8 years ago '05        #105
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,700 | Props total: 1354 1354
 MrAmazing said:
safety pins are made for that reason.
Yeah I know. But the risks outweigh the rewards imo lol. I've just seen so many accidents from squatting. Knees blowing, weight collapsing, necks breaking..lol. My one rep squat would be over 500 lbs so a spotter won't help me either if that came down lol but with benching, its easier to call for a spot and with deadlifting, well its pretty obvious. U can either lift it or u can't..iono that's just my position on 1rm squatting.
 8 years ago '05        #106
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,700 | Props total: 1354 1354
jump squats: 225 x 8 x 3 sets

shout out to enetblazin4eva for giving me the motivation to try these lol. first time doing it with the barbell and got pretty good lift on it with 225 so im gonna try doing 275 next time around. i got some funny looks in the gym though lol...maybe cuz i started doing em after the dudes that were struggling with 135 free squats...made me come across as show off'y i guess.
 8 years ago '04        #107
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,179 | Props total: 768 768
 Rubix said:
jump squats: 225 x 8 x 3 sets

shout out to enetblazin4eva for giving me the motivation to try these lol. first time doing it with the barbell and got pretty good lift on it with 225 so im gonna try doing 275 next time around. i got some funny looks in the gym though lol...maybe cuz i started doing em after the dudes that were struggling with 135 free squats...made me come across as show off'y i guess.
Nice, just make sure you are absorbing the impact on landing to take the stress off the knees. Seen a lot of tutorial vids on youtube with people landing straight-legged.

If you wanna get krazy try out some Barbell Kneeling Jump Squats and Lunge Jumps. :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '10        #108
Gottagat 
space
avatar space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
i do 5 sets of 40 pull ups/chin ups every morning like clockwork

5 sets of 100 sit ups

and just lift da bells(30lb) till i get bored

400 push ups daily no days off period...
 8 years ago '04        #109
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$18,281 | Props total: 67 67
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said:
Bench is probably the most dangerous out of the "big three" (no Miami Heat) to max out on if either you lack a spotter or your spotters just plain suck.

Now as for max-effort squat... well, that's what the safety pins in the squat rack are for.
Nah, I have to say maxing out the squat is the most dangerous because there is no real way to have a good safety spot unless you have someone nearly as strong as you to help you go up.

Benching spot is easy, just deadlifting it up.
Deadlifting, you just merely drop the weight if you can't handle it

but squatting, you can hurt a lot of things at once, shoulders, neck, spine, knees, ankles, a lot of stuff can go wrong.
 8 years ago '04        #110
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,179 | Props total: 768 768
265x8 Barbell Bent-over Rows

325x8 Barbell Squat Jumps

135x3 Kneeling Jump Squats
 10-28-2010, 11:01 PM         #111
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 enetblazin4eva said:
265x8 Barbell Bent-over Rows

325x8 Barbell Squat Jumps

135x3 Kneeling Jump Squats
Never heard of these before so I looked it up.......definitely trying them next leg day.

Is the kneeling to squat part all quads?
 8 years ago '05        #112
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,700 | Props total: 1354 1354
 enetblazin4eva said:
265x8 Barbell Bent-over Rows

325x8 Barbell Squat Jumps

135x3 Kneeling Jump Squats
is there an easier way to get the bar on ur back besides clean and pressing it on your knees? and besides hogging two flat benches? or do u just unrack it and then get on ur knees?
 8 years ago '04        #113
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,179 | Props total: 768 768
 Rubix said:
is there an easier way to get the bar on ur back besides clean and pressing it on your knees? and besides hogging two flat benches? or do u just unrack it and then get on ur knees?
You could put a mat down or use knee-pads or have someone help you/put the bar on your back.

It is one of the hardest lifts I've ever done.
 8 years ago '05        #114
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,700 | Props total: 1354 1354
 enetblazin4eva said:
You could put a mat down or use knee-pads or have someone help you/put the bar on your back.

It is one of the hardest lifts I've ever done.
tried em today..felt kinda awkward. just did 95 to start and didnt wanna use up too much energy cuz i had front squats today. 325 x 6.

i damn near k!lled myself tho. there was one other guy in the gym and i was doing front squats so i asked him if he would be able to spot me cuz my shoulders were a bit moist and the bar was rolling forward to much. so i tell him ill just need help racking cuz the bars getting a bit slippery..so as i finish my set, i call out for a spot. he grabs ONE f**kEN SIDE and hooks it on the rack and steps back like "yah i did a good spot" meanwhile im trying my f**ken hardest here cuz dude tipped the weight all the way to the right side and i yelled out "other side man!" and he's liek "oh!" and helps me. hurt my damn thumb in tne process...probably wouldve been better if i racked it myself minus the spot.
 8 years ago '04        #115
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,179 | Props total: 768 768
 tech5c said:
Never heard of these before so I looked it up.......definitely trying them next leg day.

Is the kneeling to squat part all quads?
It will really re-teach yourself how to drive with the hips. Let's face it, it is not a lift for "bodybuilding", you're better off doing squats, lunges, etc. If you plan to do it, put it at the start of training.

Not recommended for:
. those with poor flexibility
. don't squat "deep" (proper r.o.m)
. are not training for performance / explosiveness

 8 years ago '04        #116
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,179 | Props total: 768 768
335x5 Barbell Squat Jumps

200x6 Barbell Good Mornings
 8 years ago '04        #117
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,179 | Props total: 768 768
285x5 Barbell Front Squats

75x16 Dumbell Single-leg Calf Raise

3x4 38" Depth Drops


Last edited by enetblazin4eva; 11-10-2010 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: # change
 8 years ago '04        #118
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,179 | Props total: 768 768
3x4 42" Depth Drops

85x7 Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat


165x1 Barbell Standing Military Press
^ was going for 3 but absolute failure

95x8 Dumbell Bent-over Row

45x10 dropset BWx8 Weighted Neutral Grip Pull-up (using a DB)
 11-10-2010, 05:45 PM         #119
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 enetblazin4eva said:
3x4 42" Depth Drops

85x7 Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat


165x1 Barbell Standing Military Press
^ was going for 3 but absolute failure


95x8 Dumbell Bent-over Row

45x10 dropset BWx8 Weighted Neutral Grip Pull-up (using a DB)
What does your grip placement look like? How far down on the negative and up on the positive?
 8 years ago '04        #120
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,179 | Props total: 768 768
 tech5c said:
What does your grip placement look like? How far down on the negative and up on the positive?
Slightly wider than shoulder width and was hang cleaning the weight into position. I train full range of motion on all lifts unless noted.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 51
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
47 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside "I Pay $900 a month in student loans"
138 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside Jessica Jones AKA Krysten Ritter Is Fine To Me Bruh
80 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Kanye West working on MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY
42 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 26
NFL Aaron Hernandez' widow reveals she is pregnant, 13 months after his death
170 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 24
I doubt Kanye hittin kim right
104 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside This New PS4 Controller looks familiar lol
29 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
48 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy