[World Cup] England Vs USA - Saturday June 12th - Kick Off 14:30 EST

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,909 | Props total: 17484 17484
 notoriousthugzz said:
sure I'll meet you in center city at 16:00 sharp.
already here....holla..
 8 years ago '05        #62
D-Clutch 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,956 | Props total: 1461 1461
 notoriousthugzz said:

8 years ago '05        #63
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 notoriousthugzz said:

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #64
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Wasted said:

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #65
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 BxCastro said:
How you figured

ENGLAND ALWAYS UNDERACHIEVES In the world cup...explain?? and when you done give me next weeks lotto numbers while your at it
I know that calm down its just one mans opinion :dancingcool:

I just got a feeling USA won't win this 1
 8 years ago '05        #66
I Am... 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 49 49
damn cant wait
 8 years ago '05        #67
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
USA for the draw!

I hate soccer but I'll cheer for the USA in anything
 8 years ago '04        #68
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
i think the usa are gonna turn some heads in this tournament. the pressure is on england to beat us, so i feel as though we have a chance to run away with something. they just cant play scared, once they play conservative england will f**k them hard.
 8 years ago '07        #69
sacpasse87 
space
space
$758 | Props total: 0 0
Damn, living around Newcastle, but bartending tomo so I probably wont be able to catch the game....
 8 years ago '07        #70
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,679 | Props total: 16973 16973

[pic - click to view]

5 things to watch for!

JOHANNESBURG — Five things to watch for the U.S.’s World Cup opener against England in Rustenburg on Saturday (ABC, Univisión, 2:30 p.m. ET):

Can World Cup history repeat itself? I know, I know, it happened 60 years ago. But the last time these two teams met at the World Cup, in 1950, the U.S. pulled off one of the greatest upsets in the history of the tournament, taking down mighty England 1-0 in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. It would be a milder shock this time if the Yanks prevailed, but it would still be huge global news. Two of the surviving players from that U.S. team, Frank Borghi and Harry Keough, will gather together in St. Louis to watch the game and hope for another glorious day in the history of American soccer.

• Will Wayne Rooney run rampant?
He’s one of the world’s top five players, and while there’s no way for the U.S. to necessarily stop Rooney, you can be sure the Americans will make every effort to slow him down. It’s unlikely that the U.S. will strictly man-mark Rooney, but I expect center back Jay DeMerit will be on the Manchester United striker the majority of the time. If Rooney is able to find gaps in the U.S. defense, all he needs is a split-second to unleash a fearsome shot. The not-exactly-speedy U.S. defenders will have to help each other out on Rooney while not forgetting to account for a big English target forward (Peter Crouch or Emile Heskey) and the blazing speed of Aaron Lennon moving down the right wing.

• Can Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey get behind England’s outside backs? England’s left back (Ashley Cole) and right back (Glen Johnson) like to push forward on the attack. It’s part of what makes England so dangerous, but that could also leave space for Donovan and Dempsey—the U.S.’s two most creative attackers—to cause problems down the flanks and cutting into the middle. Donovan has been playing more on the right side for the U.S. lately (he played more on the left through World Cup qualifying), and coach Bob Bradley may well leave him there to take on Cole, whom Donovan played well against in Everton’s victory over Chelsea during the Premiership season.

• Which team will win the set-piece battle? Both teams will threaten anytime they win a corner kick or a free kick within striking range, so the side that avoids giving many of those chances will be better off. Even without David Beckham, England (through Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard) has a better chance of scoring on a direct free-kick than the Americans. But the U.S. does have several players who can get their heads on balls into the box (Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore), as does England (Crouch/Heskey, John Terry, Ledley King). It’s amazing how often games are decided by set-pieces. Will it happen again here?

• Which lineup options will Bob Bradley choose? In 2006 it was easy to predict the U.S.’s starting lineup for the first game of the World Cup. This time nobody is so sure. Who will start alongside Jozy Altidore at forward: Robbie Findley, Edson Buddle or Herculez Gómez? (I’m leaning toward the speedster Findley, even though Buddle scored twice on Saturday against Australia.) Who will start next to Michael Bradley in the central midfield: Ricardo Clark, Maurice Edu or José Torres? (I’m leaning toward the more defensive-minded Clark by a hair over Edu, but only if the knock that Clark suffered against Austrlia has healed.) And who will start next to DeMerit in the central defense: Onyewu or Clarence Goodson? (I’m leaning toward Onyewu, even though he hasn’t played a full 90 minutes in more than seven months.)
 8 years ago '04        #71
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,343 | Props total: 11261 11261
damn brits are going to pay on saturday for all that oil in the gulf.
 8 years ago '07        #72
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,679 | Props total: 16973 16973
 rasheedwallace said:
damn brits are going to pay on saturday for all that oil in the gulf.
 8 years ago '08        #73
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,733 | Props total: 11628 11628
2-0 THE USA:cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '05        #74
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
2-1 for England, though I wouldnt be surprised with a 1-1 tie.
Why not put up a poll for this game/thread?
 8 years ago '06        #75
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
2-1 USA

8 years ago '04        #76
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
On paper and talent england is the better team but for some odd reason I have the feeling that the US is gonna win this game... I think they're gonna have some magic from beating Spain last year and going almost all the way to winning the confederations cup. I'm riding with mah country b**ches 2-1 final score
 8 years ago '09        #77
WiLL 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,927 | Props total: 192 192
f**k landon donovan.
England> 3-0
 8 years ago '05        #78
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 Cap Peeler said:
and going almost all the way to winning the confederations cup.
You mean that run where they got defeated by Italy, then defeated by Brazil, managed to beat Egypt, then Spain, then got defeated by Brazil again?

When you play 5 games & lose 3 of them, you can hardly toot your horn about "going almost all the way".
 8 years ago '04        #79
black ice 2003 
space
space
$2,641 | Props total: 13 13
U.s.a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '08        #80
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
 haterade2885 said:
i think the usa are gonna turn some heads in this tournament. the pressure is on england to beat us, so i feel as though we have a chance to run away with something. they just cant play scared, once they play conservative england will f**k them hard.
Yh is more pressure on England lol since the whole country is watching, the buzz is craaazy and would actually be a embarrassment if we lose to the states...while the states yall got nothing to lose...is anyone even watching the world cup they..

It is really funny seeing and hearing Americans talking about football, they was a clip where the english media was just taking the p!ss on how yall knowledge on football is clueless...ask one dude do you know who your are playing and he said Manchester united and anonther guy said the match is next Saturday lol

But yh England would whipe you lot up lol

Last edited by Showtimegp; 06-11-2010 at 08:53 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy