[World Cup] England Vs USA - Saturday June 12th - Kick Off 14:30 EST

most viewed right now
 105
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 73
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 72
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 71
Phat ass white girl for real
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-12-2010, 05:43 PM         #361
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A game without a winner> a game where one team won?

Seriously? That is your f**king argument? I understand that there is some strategy behind playing for a draw, but f**k seeing a game where neither team wins.

Only a f**king idiot would try to say a game without a winner is better then a game with one
 8 years ago '06        #362
Xaiv 149 heat pts149
space
avatar space
space
$4,281 | Props total: 2189 2189
 StateProperty88 said:
i feel you and to be honest thats why hockey changed it...not really for the hockey fans but for fans they the were trying to attract. they needed to do things to make the game more exciting and expand their fan base so they did things like take out the 2 line pass and no more ties.

if the MLS stopped with ties i would understand that, but as for international football they dont really have a reason to change it because like you said football fans (and we all know there is a TON of em) are not complaining about it, its more so people trying to get into football


The MLS use to have a system in which if the game ended in a draw they would go to a penalty shootout similar to Hockey. I believe the players started at the 30 yard line and would go running at the goalie with the ball and would shoot a shot inside the box in order to score. I hope I explained it well, but nevertheless it was considered a joke internationally and domestically.
 8 years ago '04        #363
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$18,869 | Props total: 2015 2015
 Wasted said:
30 billion soccer fans says you're wrong.
30 billion soccer fans?
 8 years ago '05        #364
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 Xaiv said:
The MLS use to have a system in which if the game ended in a draw they would go to a penalty shootout similar to Hockey. I believe the players started at the 30 yard line and would go running at the goalie with the ball and would shoot a shot inside the box in order to score. I hope I explained it well, but nevertheless it was considered a joke internationally and domestically.
MLS is one of the few leagues i dont keep up with so i didnt know they implemented that. you explained it fine and it is a joke. i just started following the MLS now cause they have a team in philly now
 8 years ago '04        #365
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$18,869 | Props total: 2015 2015
 StateProperty88 said:
MLS is one of the few leagues i dont keep up with so i didnt know they implemented that. you explained it fine and it is a joke. i just started following the MLS now cause they have a team in philly now
save your time. the MLS is garbage. It's on par with the WNBA and I'm a soccer fan.
 8 years ago '05        #366
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 Steveo54 said:
nfl playoff games cant end in a tie....i realize youre being sarcastic but its only the 1st round of the world cup that can end in a tie....the 2nd round is 16 team bracket that goes to an overtime period, then a shootout to determine a winner
yeah i know. i dont have a problem with the rules personally. the reason i posted that is because mcnabb said that after a press conference where we tied...and he wasnt being sarcastic
 8 years ago '04        #367
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$31,896 | Props total: 2006 2006
 Wasted said:
A game that draws >>>>>> game that wins.

Todays match was a classic example of USA playing tactically for a draw and getting it. So in USA eyes it was a positive result.

I have a question for you or other soccer fans, because I don't have THAT much knowledge of soccer. I'll admit I'll watch a few matches of International soccer and definitely watch the World Cup BUT I don't know every rule.

If England wins against Slovenia & Algeria they'll have 7 points
If the United States wins against Slovenia & Algeria they'll have 7 points

Who gets the 1C seed and who gets the 2C seed? I'm going to guess it's based on goals scored, and then goals allowed if there is a tie with goals scored BUT again I could be wrong.


Today's game was great to watch, I also watched a bit of Argentina v Nigeria and France v Uruguay.


Last edited by lilsnatch770; 06-12-2010 at 05:54 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #368
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$18,869 | Props total: 2015 2015
 lilsnatch770 said:
I have a question for you or other soccer fans, because I don't have THAT much knowledge of soccer. I'll admit I'll watch a few matches of International soccer and definitely watch the World Cup BUT I don't know every rule.

If England wins against Slovenia & Algeria they'll have 7 points
If the United States wins against Slovenia & Algeria they'll have 7 points

Who gets the 1C seed and who gets the 2C seed? I'm going to guess it's based on goals scored, and then goals allowed if there is a tie with goals scored BUT again I could be wrong.


Today's game was great to watch, I also watched a bit of Argentina v Nigeria and France v Uruguay.
yah youre right. Tiebreaks in the group stages come down to Goals scored and Goals against. I'm not sure if its differential or what but I'm sure once it gets closer to the knockout stage youll here more about it
 8 years ago '08        #369
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$19,060 | Props total: 4845 4845
 notoriousthugzz said:
30 billion soccer fans?


It's either hyperbole, or he meant 3 Billion......
 8 years ago '05        #370
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
avatar space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 Steveo54 said:
As of 12 June 2010, the human population of the world is estimated by the United States Census Bureau to be 6,826,700,000.[1]

thats roughly 7 billion total people......
I don't give a f**k how many people there are. My point was a majority of soccer fans are happy with games ending in a tie. It isn't about how well a team plays in a game. It's about how well they perform throughout the season or tournament.

Fulham this year made it to the UEFA Cup final by playing for a tie at away games and playing for a win at home games.


 lilsnatch770 said:
I have a question for you or other soccer fans, because I don't have THAT much knowledge of soccer. I'll admit I'll watch a few matches of International soccer and definitely watch the World Cup BUT I don't know every rule.

If England wins against Slovenia & Algeria they'll have 7 points
If the United States wins against Slovenia & Algeria they'll have 7 points

Who gets the 1C seed and who gets the 2C seed? I'm going to guess it's based on goals scored, and then goals allowed if there is a tie with goals scored BUT again I could be wrong.

Today's game was great to watch, I also watched a bit of Argentina v Nigeria and France v Uruguay.

Yes would come down to who scored the most and who conceded the less. Which is why clean sheets are important. It both teams are level on goals for and against then it'll be a playoff between the two which is very rare.

In European Cup games away goals count as 2 or +1 goals.
 8 years ago '06        #371
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
avatar space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4015 4015
 Wasted said:
A game that draws >>>>>> game that wins.

 8 years ago '04        #372
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,338 | Props total: 11256 11256
 Wasted said:
A game that draws >>>>>> game that wins.

lol @ this communist comment.
 8 years ago '05        #373
MlLkMan 
space
avatar space
space
$4,246 | Props total: 40 40
 Wasted said:
I don't give a f**k how many people there are. My point was a majority of soccer fans are happy with games ending in a tie. It isn't about how well a team plays in a game. It's about how well they perform throughout the season or tournament.

Fulham this year made it to the UEFA Cup final by playing for a tie at away games and playing for a win at home games.




Yes would come down to who scored the most and who conceded the less. Which is why clean sheets are important. It both teams are level on goals for and against then it'll be a playoff between the two which is very rare.

In European Cup games away goals count as 2 or +1 goals.
:agreement6:
 8 years ago '07        #374
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 StateProperty88 said:
they do. i didnt know the superbowl could end in a tie
Dont be a d*ck Mcnabb....you know playoff games cant end in a tie and its the same with soccer
 8 years ago '05        #375
iggyemu 
space
avatar space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4903 4903
Group play. The game was more hyped than it should have been because ESPN and ABC were trying drum up early interest in the World Cup. Anybody that knows this tournament knows that the round of 16 is when things really begin. Tied games are a very common thing in group play especially if the teams that tied feel they are the cream of the crop in their group. They essentially will be banking on wins and goals against the lesser two teams.

With that being said. Neither team played well. The US could never get the opportunities England had...but England could never finish those opportunities except for the Gerrad gaol
 06-13-2010, 02:28 AM         #376
Trendsetter305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ole-G said:

[pic - click to view]

 8 years ago '05        #377
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 BxCastro said:
Dont be a d*ck Mcnabb....you know playoff games cant end in a tie and its the same with soccer

[pic - click to view]

 06-13-2010, 02:57 AM         #378
Jon Quest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think Michael Bradley will be signing with a big club after this World Cup.
 8 years ago '06        #380
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
avatar space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4015 4015
 Jon Quest said:
I think Michael Bradley will be signing with a big club after this World Cup.
I honestly don't feel like he's that good.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 53
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 45
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 38
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 26
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 21
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 20
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy