The Official NFC South Thread

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #141
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 iThink said:

i am not an illinois fan. that guy in my avy is arrelious benn, a buccaneer rookie.

i'm and LSU fan when it comes to college football because i was born and raised in southeast louisiana and southern mississippi - everyone there is born and raised to live and die for tiger football.

hi, i'm iThink, and you apparently don't know me as well as the other posters. i do post here enough to be vouched for, but don't care to continue explaining myself to you.

dawgs
See what I mean. Only a buc fan would know what your avy meant

And Btw, you're not explaining yourself to me. What I said was true, you just got upset.
 07-14-2010, 08:07 PM         #142
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CutKidd21 said:
See what I mean. Only a buc fan would know what your avy meant

And Btw, you're not explaining yourself to me. What I said was true, you just got upset.
benn was a first round prospect that we snagged in the second, any real football fan on this board knows who he is and can probably tell you the strengths of his skillset, how he'll be used and who they'd compare him to.

you just don't know what you're talking about and it's becoming more apparent.
 7 years ago '09        #143
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
actually I know exactly who he is bc he was a baller when I was in HS but when you put an owl's head on an Illinois players body why would I not think Illinois fan?
 07-14-2010, 08:30 PM         #144
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
because you're the first person who doesn't get the meme or find it funny?

i think it's hilarious.
 07-14-2010, 08:33 PM         #145
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

there
 07-15-2010, 08:48 AM         #146
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This guy is going to be GOOD. :agreement6:

PewterReport.com has learned that earlier in the spring the Tampa Bay Buccaneers picked up an option in the contract of second-year quarterback Josh Freeman. The option ensures that Freeman's contract runs a full five seasons, and Freeman has more guaranteed money over the remaining four years. If the Bucs had not exercised the option, Freeman would have been a free agent after his fourth NFL season.

The Buccaneers traded up to the 17th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft to select Freeman out of Kansas State. Tampa Bay signed Freeman to a contract totaling $36 million over those five seasons. Initially $10.245 million was guaranteed, but since the option was picked up in Freeman's contract more money will be guaranteed in the future.

"I'm not 100 percent sure (about the money)," said Freeman. "All I know the option was either a fourth or fifth year. For me it just shows that they have confidence in me. They see me out here working and it is them having my back and saying ‘hey you're our guy. Go get this.'"

The 22-year old Freeman started nine games in 2009 with a 3-6 record. Freeman completed 54.5 percent of his passes for 1,855 yards with 10 touchdowns and 18 interceptions.

This offseason Freeman has been a mainstay at One Buc Place working to improve for his second season. Freeman has put in a lot of time on film study, conditioning, working with his receivers, and learning the offense.

While many Buccaneers players are currently on vacation, Freeman continues to remain at One Buc Place and in the Tampa Bay area. Freeman held a football camp this week and found time to throw some routes on the practice field with rehabbing wide receiver Mario Urrutia (turf toe).

"I don't really rest," said Freeman at his football camp. "Right now is a good time to relax, but at the same time I'm always thinking of the upcoming season. I'm thinking about starting training camp. This (camp) is a great thing, and I've had a blast. This is a great way to take my mind off of my football, and focus on these guys.

"I still came in early and threw some routes to Mario Urrutia. He's a guy that is rehabbing right now. He'll be ready as far as I know, but I don't know what the trainers have in mind."

With the contract exercised in Freeman's contract the Buccaneers will keep Freeman from being a free agent at only 25 years of age.
Bring on the f**king season! Freeman about to light the NFCS on fire owwwwww :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #147
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,484 | Props total: 6067 6067
Atl falcons bout to run over the division this year i promise you
 7 years ago '04        #148
Silentmurdah33 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 110 110
This season wont be nowhere as bad as last season for my buccs :)
 7 years ago '06        #149
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,246 | Props total: 628 628
oh and please understand. Caddy has another healthy year on him now and will come back to wreck b**ches.
 7 years ago '05        #150
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Saints all day....will repeat as NFC South Champs no doubt.
 07-20-2010, 09:57 PM         #151
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Brian Price, the 35th player selected overall in the 2010 draft, has reached contract agreement with the Buccaneers, moving Tampa Bay one step closer to getting its entire rookie class into camp and keeping the young defensive tackle ahead of the game

When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers open training camp in less than two weeks, Brian Price will be battling for a starting spot on the team's defensive line. On Tuesday, Price made sure he wouldn't miss the beginning of that competition.

The Buccaneers announced late Tuesday afternoon that they have signed the rookie defensive tackle out of UCLA to a four-year contract. To make room for Price on the 80-man roster, the team released rookie guard Lee Grimes.

A high second-round choice, Price was the second of nine men drafted by the Buccaneers in April and the 35th player selected overall. Among all players taken with the first 60 picks in this year's draft, Price is the first to reach contract agreement with his new team.

"I'm glad my agent got the deal done, so now I can concentrate on having a great training camp," he said. "I'm looking forward to contributing to the Buccaneers' dominant defensive tradition."

Price joins five fellow Buccaneer draftees in signing with the team, following deals for third-round cornerback Myron Lewis, fourth-round wide receiver Mike Williams, sixth-round punter Brent Bowden, seventh-round linebacker Dekoda Watson and seventh-round defensive end Erik Lorig.

That leaves Tampa Bay management with just three 2010 draft picks still to sign: first-round defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, second-round wide receiver Arrelious Benn and seventh-round safety Cody Grimm. The Buccaneers got an early start on the process in June and, with the Price agreement, are still well ahead of the game.

The Buccaneers spent their first two picks in the draft on defensive tackles in an obvious attempt to build a more stout and athletic group on the defensive front. With 2009 third-round pick Roy Miller also in the mix along with returning veterans Ryan Sims and Dre Moore, the team expects to field an intense competition for the two starting interior spots this summer.

The 6-1, 303-pound Price figures to be in the thick of that competition and is considered capable of playing either under tackle (his primary college position) or nose tackle. In three seasons and 35 games with the Bruins, Price recorded 30 starts, 97 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 44.5 tackles for loss, five forced fumbles, one interception and three passes defensed. He was an All-Pac 10 choice in each of the last two seasons after being an all-conference freshman honoree in 2007.

Last fall, Price started all 13 games for UCLA and racked up 48 tackles, 7.0 sacks, 23.5 tackles for loss, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and one pass defensed. His 23.5 tackles was the third-highest total for all players in the nation in 2009 and he was chosen as the Pac 10 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year.

[pic - click to view]

07-27-2010, 05:01 PM         #152
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Bucs completed one of their final pieces of pre-camp contract work on Tuesday, signing second-round WR Arrelious Benn

Rookie wide receiver Arrelious Benn agreed to a four-year contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Tuesday, leaving the team with only two 2010 draft picks still to sign before the start of training camp on Friday.
The Buccaneers laid the groundwork for a smooth transition into training camp this year by signing six of their nine draft picks in June and early July, then continued that work on Tuesday with Benn's deal. The dynamic pass-catcher out of the University of Illinois joins fellow 2010 draftees defensive tackle Brian Price, cornerback Myron Lewis, wide receiver Mike Williams, punter Brent Bowden, linebacker Dekoda Watson and defensive end Erik Lorig in getting their first NFL deals done.

The only remaining unsigned rookies are first-round defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and seventh-round safety Cody Grimm. Though they may participate in offseason team activities, players may not report to camp without a signed contract.

Tampa Bay has not had an extended training camp holdout by a rookie since Trent Dilfer in 1994. The Buccaneers were certainly eager to get this year's class in on time, as several of the rookies could compete immediately for significant roles. That appears to be the case for Benn, who will join Williams as the newest starting candidates in a revamped receiving corps.

The 39th player drafted overall in April, Benn was the second of two second-round picks made by the team. A talented pass-catcher who is especially dangerous after the catch, he is the highest-drafted receiver by the Buccaneers since Michael Clayton was snagged in the first round in 2004. After drafting Price 35th overall, the Buccaneers traded up three spots in the round to make sure they could land Benn, the standout pass-catcher out of Illinois.

In three seasons with the Illini, the 6-2, 220-poun Benn appeared in 37 games with 35 starts and notched 159 catches for 2,221 yards and seven touchdowns. He was selected as a team captain in each of his last two seasons and he caught at least one pass in all but one of the games in which he played.

Benn's top statistical season came in 2008, when he started all 12 of Illinois' games and finished with 67 receptions for 1,055 yards and three scores, becoming the first Illini receiver to break the 1,000-yard mark since 2002. Benn also rushed 23 times for 101 yards and two touchdowns, returned 20 kickoffs for 398 yards and ran back 15 punts for 1,114 yards.
McCoy is next

The Bucs are going to be a problem this season. :dancingcool:
 07-27-2010, 05:34 PM         #153
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ it's coming back to tampa this year get bent :applause:
 7 years ago '04        #154
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 iThink said:
^ it's coming back to tampa this year get bent :applause:

You must be in Inception with Leo my n*gga. Yall gonna be better no doubt, but we all know who winning the South once again....

[pic - click to view]

07-27-2010, 07:07 PM         #155
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:

You must be in Inception with Leo my n*gga. Yall gonna be better no doubt, but we all know who winning the South once again....

[pic - click to view]

because that always happens. :D
 7 years ago '04        #156
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,677 | Props total: 785 785
i think the saints will win the division again, though i don't think it will be in runaway fashion again. I think the falcons will be neck & neck with the saints followed by the panthers.
 7 years ago '05        #157
Majestic_GMMB 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,204 | Props total: 171 171
Can't wait...Less than 2 weeks before we get to atleast see some pre-season action...This year pre-season will matter "Moore" than it did in the previous because we got so many young guys and alot of people are gone....Can't wait..
 07-27-2010, 08:56 PM         #158
TampaBay Bucs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Superbowl 47 we hoisting!

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #159
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 J.R. Hyphy said:
THEE superbowl champions and STILllllll-la-la-la-la

My Ni99a....*Denzel Washington voice*
 07-27-2010, 09:38 PM         #160
FLA RAiSED  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
d williams going for 2,000+ this season!
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy