This s**t is Serious. Traces of Lead and Arsenic in Protien Shakes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 8 years ago '04        #41
LExingtonluv 
space
space
$397 | Props total: 0 0
 TheMagicMan said:
Even though you went off topic, I'll address this anyways.
Perfectly on topic and pertinent to the discussion actually, my entire post was in regards to my opinion about protein shakes, and subsequent replies/opinions about said protein shakes...

First of all, I personally don't see a difference from my goal to gain lean muscle mass, increase my strength and live a healthier lifestyle.
There isn't necessarily, and that wasn't my contention. My point was that it may not be helpful to those who want to live a healthier lifestyle, to encourage them to ignore the negative health factors in the foods they are eating, regardless of where they are at on this road to health, simply because, "these metals at high concentrations exist in ALL foods unfortunately", a statement that isn't true.
Just because you take protein supplements doesn't mean you want to live the lifestyle of a "bodybuilder" and quiet frankly, that lifestyle is healthier then what 99% of our family, friends and peers eat.
Cool... This has nothing to do with my point, though. Here, i am advocating a lack of ignorance (ignore-ance), in regards to this specific topic, the evidence of lead and arsenic in said protein shakes, and how, if one is to be a health conscious individual, they must not ignore the negative qualities of the products they do ingest, simply because others are doing worse, or they are being told or have an idea that there are no alternatives to metal infused foods. What they choose to do once they have this knowledge and don't dilute it, can then be a conscious decision, along the lines of, " i can't afford it", "It is hard to change drastically", "I do thing slower, step by step", all of which are valid reasons. They wouldn't however lie to themselves that they are doing all that is possible, simply all that they can given their particular outlook, which is their prerogative. I'm not pushing a particular diet here, the bee pollen was simply a suggestion along the lines of questions raised within the thread.
No one here seems to be at the level of competition where they need to do anything to an extreme that one could even consider unhealthy and most of the posters don't want to be body builders, they want to look good and be happy with their image. Replacing the snickers bar and chocolate milk with a protein shake or a quality protein bar is a solid change and a big enough step toward "avoidance" for most people.
We agree, they are practising avoidance here... My point though was, in regards to the example you just raised, that a person shouldn't disregard the unhealthy attributes of the protein shake, or protein bar, simply because they are doing better than a snickers bar or chocolate milk. This promotes an ideology that they have reached the be all end all of they health goals, when honesty will show them that, while they have more to do, they are on the right path...
With that being said, I believe in people living their lives as healthy as they can within their own personal goals and means, and thats the point of this section.
I agree...
The majority of American's can't stick to a simple diet, let alone a strict organic eating regimen. When people go from candy bars, cheeseburgers, and pizza to lean meats, fruits and vegetables, to harp on the source of their food is overkill and unnessecary.
I don't understand your point here...To go from the foods you mentioned, to lean meats, fruits, and vegetables, is fine, though not in the realm of what i was addressing, nor what i was advocating. And, my intent was not to harp on a persons choice of foods, so i don't know what your point was here. Like the bee pollen, i only added lean meats to my post, as an on topic suggestion to people who might be looking for alternatives to supplements or food sources, which contain large amounts metals and additives in comparison.

Optimum health is more than just physiological, it's psychological, and for most people, striving to look good while making better food choices is a more realistic goal then eating raw vegetables and bee pollen. I eat healthier and cleaner then everyone that I know and I buy organic fruits and vegetables and lean cuts of meat, but to say that I eat 100% organic would be a stretch.
Not my point, yet i agree, eating 100% organic is a hard thing to achieve, and not even a necessary thing to achieve. I would also say, more in line with my original point, that expelling ignorance towards your choices, is one or the cornerstones of a healthy psychological state, as well.

To not inform people on the news of health supplements that they might be taking is ignoring reality. Call them ignorant, lazy, or financially inept, but reality is what it is. Keeping people informed is the only goal here, not to push a lifestyle on them that they may or may not want.
As i believe i've shown, this was not the intent. I wish all takers of supplements to be informed of both the negatives, and the positives of the products they ingest, and not to feel pressured to live a lifestyle that is beyond their reach, for whatever reason. I would like them to know that it is possible to avoid metals from your foods. Whether you choose to do so is up to you....

An analogy of what i'm saying might be this...

There is crack(candies, pizza, etc), and there is weed(supplements)... You can smoke weed if you like, and you would be right in stating that it is much better than crack(candies, pizza, etc), to ingest. But you should be aware of the damage(regardless of how minute), that is being done to your lungs... Your weed smoking buddies however might try to get you to ignore these facts, by plastering links to sites that show the evils of crack...
Now, quitting may be hard, and not even necessary for a long life, but in a doctors office(health section), the doctor shouldn't be promoting the continuation of smoking weed, simply because crack is much worse. Go ahead, smoke weed if you like he'd say, but do it with full knowledge!
This Attitude of ignorance is not healthy!

Hope that clears it up... I don't believe we're disagreeing, so much as hitting the problem from different angles...

Last edited by LExingtonluv; 06-03-2010 at 08:31 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #42
LExingtonluv 
space
space
$397 | Props total: 0 0
 TheMagicMan said:
the point of all of this is Moderation

Too much of anything can be detrimental, you don't need 4 servings of protein powder daily...
 06-03-2010, 11:16 PM         #43
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bites into a skinless chicken brea$t sammich while SMH
 8 years ago '04        #44
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Thanks for the explanation. We are generally on the same page...but using your analogy, I disagree the protein powders are in the same realm as weed when comparing it to other food. I would see it more as a prescription drug to relieve pain.

Protein shakes, I admit, are the "easy way out" so to speak. When you get your teeth pulled, you don't technically NEED pain k!llers, you don't need the laughing gas, but it sure does make it a hell of a lot easier. There are negative side effects to long term and abusive use of pain k!llers but for the most part, most people don't become addicted to it, and once the pain is relieved, they stop. We don't NEED these protein powders, but the ease of use as far as getting toward our goals is undeniable.

There are more positive effects to protein powders and numerous BCAA's they include then there are negative effects. I don't know if the same can be said for weed, even at casual use.

LExingtonluv said:
Perfectly on topic and pertinent to the discussion actually, my entire post was in regards to my opinion about protein shakes, and subsequent replies/opinions about said protein shakes...

There isn't necessarily, and that wasn't my contention. My point was that it may not be helpful to those who want to live a healthier lifestyle, to encourage them to ignore the negative health factors in the foods they are eating, regardless of where they are at on this road to health, simply because, "these metals at high concentrations exist in ALL foods unfortunately", a statement that isn't true.
Cool... This has nothing to do with my point, though. Here, i am advocating a lack of ignorance (ignore-ance), in regards to this specific topic, the evidence of lead and arsenic in said protein shakes, and how, if one is to be a health conscious individual, they must not ignore the negative qualities of the products they do ingest, simply because others are doing worse, or they are being told or have an idea that there are no alternatives to metal infused foods. What they choose to do once they have this knowledge and don't dilute it, can then be a conscious decision, along the lines of, " i can't afford it", "It is hard to change drastically", "I do thing slower, step by step", all of which are valid reasons. They wouldn't however lie to themselves that they are doing all that is possible, simply all that they can given their particular outlook, which is their prerogative. I'm not pushing a particular diet here, the bee pollen was simply a suggestion along the lines of questions raised within the thread.

We agree, they are practising avoidance here... My point though was, in regards to the example you just raised, that a person shouldn't disregard the unhealthy attributes of the protein shake, or protein bar, simply because they are doing better than a snickers bar or chocolate milk. This promotes an ideology that they have reached the be all end all of they health goals, when honesty will show them that, while they have more to do, they are on the right path...

I agree...

I don't understand your point here...To go from the foods you mentioned, to lean meats, fruits, and vegetables, is fine, though not in the realm of what i was addressing, nor what i was advocating. And, my intent was not to harp on a persons choice of foods, so i don't know what your point was here. Like the bee pollen, i only added lean meats to my post, as an on topic suggestion to people who might be looking for alternatives to supplements or food sources, which contain large amounts metals and additives in comparison.

Not my point, yet i agree, eating 100% organic is a hard thing to achieve, and not even a necessary thing to achieve. I would also say, more in line with my original point, that expelling ignorance towards your choices, is one or the cornerstones of a healthy psychological state, as well.

As i believe i've shown, this was not the intent. I wish all takers of supplements to be informed of both the negatives, and the positives of the products they ingest, and not to feel pressured to live a lifestyle that is beyond their reach, for whatever reason. I would like them to know that it is possible to avoid metals from your foods. Whether you choose to do so is up to you....

An analogy of what i'm saying might be this...

There is crack(candies, pizza, etc), and there is weed(supplements)... You can smoke weed if you like, and you would be right in stating that it is much better than crack(candies, pizza, etc), to ingest. But you should be aware of the damage(regardless of how minute), that is being done to your lungs... Your weed smoking buddies however might try to get you to ignore these facts, by plastering links to sites that show the evils of crack...
Now, quitting may be hard, and not even necessary for a long life, but in a doctors office(health section), the doctor shouldn't be promoting the continuation of smoking weed, simply because crack is much worse. Go ahead, smoke weed if you like he'd say, but do it with full knowledge!
This Attitude of ignorance is not healthy!

Hope that clears it up... I don't believe we're disagreeing, so much as hitting the problem from different angles...
 7 years ago '04        #45
killnarmy 28 heat pts28
space
space
$1,910 | Props total: 2214 2214
probably gonna get clowned for this but I been thinking about substituting whey protein with ensure.
 08-10-2010, 06:33 AM         #46
t-man20001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killnarmy said:
probably gonna get clowned for this but I been thinking about substituting whey protein with ensure.
lmao, prob something in it too

Whats up with tis Hexane stuff?

[video - click to view]

Last edited by t-man20001; 08-10-2010 at 06:56 AM..
 08-15-2010, 11:21 PM         #47
Killinit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Been knowing this for years thanks to my boy, I only use Vega or SunWarrior Protein, 100 percent real s**t. Taste like s**t, but it works, and your not takin any s**t in your body............and guys are right, if your gonna eat chicken or other foods, you also want to go organic free range.....quality food sources.
 7 years ago '07        #48
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
Jay Robbs whey !
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy