Grind Time Now Presents: Okwerdz vs T-Rex

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #61
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
All Rex did was spit a bunch of filler material which had nothing to do with anything, like how many times do you need to tell us you come through spraying bullets when you're a nurse (the only time you catch a body is when an old person falls). Rex was exposed as a fake and that was the bottom line. Okw didn't need to say a lot, be animated, or have an intricate flow, his mission was to expose Rex for being a fake and he did that. Okw uses a lot of references you might not understand but that is clearly because you don't follow the underground battle scene, and if you did pay attention to that scene, you'd know how damaging those bars were and what they mean. He shouldn't stop using references like that because these rappers care more about the respect and opinions of the other battle rappers than they do about listeners not in on the scene, there is a huge difference between what is important to the underground and what is important to corporate commercial artists. Rex got s**t on. That line about T Rex eventually evolving into a chicken... Lol T Rex was a clown, he tried to play the gangsta n*gga card and his card got pulled. End of story bro.
 8 years ago '09        #62
season 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,413 | Props total: 20 20
lmao when rex pulled that hat out.
 8 years ago '04        #63
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,167 | Props total: 1623 1623
OK definitly won this one

Last edited by polorsport2345; 06-01-2010 at 01:38 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #64
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
 season said:
lmao when rex pulled that hat out.
that was hilarious

so ok and rex are cool now? ahah
 8 years ago '06        #65
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,524 | Props total: 6751 6751
 restless4207 said:
that was hilarious

so ok and rex are cool now? ahah
yea that was all for show
 8 years ago '06        #66
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,524 | Props total: 6751 6751
 Effit said:
All Rex did was spit a bunch of filler material which had nothing to do with anything, like how many times do you need to tell us you come through spraying bullets when you're a nurse (the only time you catch a body is when an old person falls). Rex was exposed as a fake and that was the bottom line. Okw didn't need to say a lot, be animated, or have an intricate flow, his mission was to expose Rex for being a fake and he did that. Okw uses a lot of references you might not understand but that is clearly because you don't follow the underground battle scene, and if you did pay attention to that scene, you'd know how damaging those bars were and what they mean. He shouldn't stop using references like that because these rappers care more about the respect and opinions of the other battle rappers than they do about listeners not in on the scene, there is a huge difference between what is important to the underground and what is important to corporate commercial artists. Rex got s**t on. That line about T Rex eventually evolving into a chicken... Lol T Rex was a clown, he tried to play the gangsta n*gga card and his card got pulled. End of story bro.
yo Okwerdz relax big guy
u lost take your L and move on

hm but on the real tho your opinion gets thrown out the window after reading that essay
you gave Rex the L before the battle even started i can tell by how your typing up a storm about real and gangster and nurse

Last edited by Blah; 06-01-2010 at 01:51 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #67
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
Rex boided him
 06-01-2010, 01:55 PM         #68
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I liked how Rex adapted to the nerdy Grindtime style of jokes and still let the bars hit.

Rex clearly took round 1. I gave rd. 3 to Ok

But round 2 I give to Rex. Rex took this battle even though it aint match the hype and despite the GT/Westcoast bias
 8 years ago '04        #69
Jamaro85  OP
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Looking at Rex's face when Ok said he was a male nurse I think it might be true. He's clowning during everything Ok says then he got real serious for that s**t. "The snitch was in your crew." If that s**t's true, I definitely give Ok that round. I'm starting to lean more toward Ok in round 2 now anyway.

Any Rex's third was garbage.

"I always hear him talkin' about how he always sprayin stuff when he come on
And how he always got his gun drawn"

The f**k? And lol @ getting booed when he said Hollow is terrible.

First is Rex easy, third is Ok easy. Second I'm starting to lean toward Ok.
 8 years ago '05        #70
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
Got to love the West Coast bias - most obviously shown when the crowd boos the f**k out of Rex for dissing Hollow.

Hollow's a hometown hero there obviously...
 8 years ago '07        #71
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
I gave it to Rex. Ok is corny as hell to me and that grindtime crowd is ALWAYS bias.
 06-01-2010, 02:09 PM         #72
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Got to love the West Coast bias - most obviously shown when the crowd boos the f**k out of Rex for dissing Hollow.

Hollow's a hometown hero there obviously...
Why would you connect "West coast bias" to Hollow being dissed? Thats here nor there

Rex got booed for that because Hollow has shown and proven hes a beast over and over again and Rex is delusional if he thinks he can beat Hollow

On top of that Hollow destroyed Okwerdz on their coast

I gave it to Rex. Ok is corny as hell to me and that grindtime crowd is ALWAYS bias.
Edit:

This, and dont get it twisted, theres all kinds of bias but lets not pretend GT/Westcoast aint bias as much as Mooks dot mob n*ggas, and Cortez/Maths NYB n*ggas

Last edited by REAL_NESS; 06-01-2010 at 02:11 PM..
 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM         #73
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
someone will have to point out what was so great about t-rex's 1st round.....what lines were great?...i didn't really hear much of s**t outside a few lines...and i thought ok got the first 2 rounds..t-rex best round imo was his 3rd round,because he actually started saying some witty s**t on a consistent basis...even though ok came back,and could have got that round too,because his 3rd round was dope...either way..

ok won this..

edit:..minus him f**king up,and saying serragation instead of segregation...his 3rd was his best..

Last edited by HotepSuns; 06-01-2010 at 02:12 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #74
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 REAL_NESS said:
This, and dont get it twisted, theres all kinds of bias but lets not pretend GT/Westcoast aint bias as much as Mooks dot mob n*ggas, and Cortez/Maths NYB n*ggas
Yea no doubt it's always a bias wherever you go, but the n*gga Rex got boo'd when he got announced.
 8 years ago '08        #75
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
 - Streetz - said:
yo Okwerdz relax big guy
u lost take your L and move on

hm but on the real tho your opinion gets thrown out the window after reading that essay
you gave Rex the L before the battle even started i can tell by how your typing up a storm about real and gangster and nurse
Maybe you were watching a different battle, idk guy you seem confused. The whole point is to get over on the other guy, if you just wanna spit a hot verse to impress people while the guy next to you is ripping on your life, that's your problem. I've seen a lot of battles like this, style over substance rapper gets checked again, and I only wrote what I noticed hadn't been brought up by other posts so don't think you know something about me that disregards my opinion, that's just a pathetic attempt to cover for a bad rapper. I'm being objective, I could care less about who's real, white, black, gangster, a nurse, or anything else but if those are the quotes of the battle then that's what we'll talk about. It's a testament to how far the art of freestyling/battling has fallen, that we even have people that think T Rex won.

Last edited by Effit; 06-01-2010 at 02:19 PM..
 06-01-2010, 02:19 PM         #76
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bruce Leeroy said:
Yea no doubt it's always a bias wherever you go, but the n*gga Rex got boo'd when he got announced.
Exactly.

At least Ars and Hollow got shown a little love when they came West. I know rex is hated by a lot of people but hes hated a whole lot by GT and he was still able to perform

Side-note: Watching it again, both cats looked MAD nervous especially OK
 8 years ago '04        #77
Jamaro85  OP
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
I just thought T-Rex styled on him in the first round. He said some hit or miss s**t that made me laugh. He didn't have any great lines with the hat, but that s**t was funny. The his mom f**ked Tech-9 and Kool G s**t was nice. His ending was weak.

A battle is about what you say to your opponent, but it's about your presence and delivery too. Anybody who says otherwise is probably lying to themselves, and I'd like to know who your favorite battle rappers are. Hollow is a favorite of a lot of people, including myself, but a lot of what he does is his flow, schemes, delivery and presense, because he makes some simple bars sound good.

I didn't think Rex spit a bodybag verse, but put up against Ok's verse I thought he took it.
 8 years ago '05        #78
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
Why would you connect "West coast bias" to Hollow being dissed? Thats here nor there

Rex got booed for that because Hollow has shown and proven hes a beast over and over again and Rex is delusional if he thinks he can beat Hollow

On top of that Hollow destroyed Okwerdz on their coast
It's called sarcasm, guy.

Hollow reps Houston & Queens but gets massive love & respect on the West Coast because he's a great battler. Point blank, that particular crowd will support whoever brings the lines & performance.

If the West Coast was half as biased as people on here seem to think, they would not give a f**k about a non-West Coast dude going after a non-West Coast dude.

And Hollow didn't "destroy" Okwerdz - he rattled him & beat him.

REAL_NESS said:
The West Coast is not as biased as Mook's crew is towards him or Math's crew is towards him. Why? Because the West Coast isn't one big crew!

That crowd loves hip hop. If you drop a line about Mac Dre, sure they'll go nuts because he's a legend in the Bay. But drop a line about EPMD, & the crowd'll go nuts because they're legends in the game.

Even when people talk about the "Fresh Coast" movement, you see the new school leaders of that - dudes like Lush One - putting up major money to bring out SMACK rappers & showing them great respect despite being personal friends with their opponents.

Every time a thread like this comes up, it becomes clearer that very few people even understand battle rap.
 06-01-2010, 02:25 PM         #79
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah like dudes are saying. Your delivery, flow, presence, and performance are very important.

You could have some nice a.ss lyrics but if you not delivering it on point, it wont even hit. Rex has good delivery and presence, and flow. He always has but his closer lines in this battle were weak though

Hes not seeing Hollow, he'll get the same treatment Okwerdz and Pass got from Hollow
 8 years ago '05        #80
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 Jamaro85 said:
I just thought T-Rex styled on him in the first round. He said some hit or miss s**t that made me laugh. He didn't have any great lines with the hat, but that s**t was funny. The his mom f**ked Tech-9 and Kool G s**t was nice. His ending was weak.

A battle is about what you say to your opponent, but it's about your presence and delivery too. Anybody who says otherwise is probably lying to themselves, and I'd like to know who your favorite battle rappers are. Hollow is a favorite of a lot of people, including myself, but a lot of what he does is his flow, schemes, delivery and presense, because he makes some simple bars sound good.

I didn't think Rex spit a bodybag verse, but put up against Ok's verse I thought he took it.
You're playing yourself throughout this thread. How are you going to rate lines about f**king Ok's mother when you previously disregarded lines on the basis that they might not be true?

Or that lines are to be disregarded because some people don't know about Illusion-Z or Thesaurus? I guess since some people don't know who Rosa Parks is she should never be referenced in a battle.

Delivery - what, like "hamspring" & "seragation"? Rex was fumbling all the way through this battle. Failing to deliver mind-blowing lines about how "gangsta" he is. In truth, Rex's best line was "you're garbage".

It kinda seems like you're pandering to the ill-informed majority in here tbh. Because I know you actually watch battles.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy