SMACK / URL Presents Tsu Surf Vs DNA (Full Battle)

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 8 years ago '06        #21
beanbryant24 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 0 0
yall buggin Surf def took round 2 and round 3 might have been a tie but i slightly gave it 2 SURF DNA took round 1..... DNA round 1 was his best round he has too many fillers to say he bodied Surf..... surf won

Last edited by beanbryant24; 05-29-2010 at 10:06 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #22
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 Jamaro85 said:
^^^Yeah, I think D does deserve a shot at Pass now. He's been putting in his work, and honestly Pass doesn't even really have a name in the battle world. He's a vet out on the West, he's been battling since he was like 15 and s**t out there. I think that's why he puts himself on a pedestal and doesn't want to give D the time of day, because he's been doing it forever against their best out there.

I think they should go at it at Grizzle 2 in Miami. Neutral ground, lets see how that s**t goes. I want to see what other battles GT can get for that event though. It's supposed to be nothing but big battles, not all these no-name garbage dudes they've been putting out. Arsonal Vs. Hitman Holla is already in place.
Pass' holds weight in the strongest scene in the world. And he doesn't need to put himself on a pedestal - there's plenty of veterans that have him up there.

As for battling at Grizzle, you know the deal - Drect, Mad Illz or Kap Kallous need to come up with the money. If Pass' isn't to get paid to battle DNA, then there's nothing in it for him. He's way ahead of the kid in every aspect of rapping, & getting viewed by DNA's simple-minded fanbase probably isn't that persuasive considering Pass' has no aspirations to be a New York-style gun rapper.

In addition, it's tough to argue that Grizzle is a better setting for any battle than out West. I mean, it's a pity Grizzle was poorly organised last time & had a weak crowd but I really don't expect it to be rectified this time &, as such, GT will still live & die in the West based off organisation, talent, investment, crowds, judges, & camera work.
 8 years ago '04        #23
Jamaro85  OP
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Pass' holds weight in the strongest scene in the world. And he doesn't need to put himself on a pedestal - there's plenty of veterans that have him up there.

As for battling at Grizzle, you know the deal - Drect, Mad Illz or Kap Kallous need to come up with the money. If Pass' isn't to get paid to battle DNA, then there's nothing in it for him. He's way ahead of the kid in every aspect of rapping, & getting viewed by DNA's simple-minded fanbase probably isn't that persuasive considering Pass' has no aspirations to be a New York-style gun rapper.

In addition, it's tough to argue that Grizzle is a better setting for any battle than out West. I mean, it's a pity Grizzle was poorly organised last time & had a weak crowd but I really don't expect it to be rectified this time &, as such, GT will still live & die in the West based off organisation, talent, investment, crowds, judges, & camera work.
I mean, you Pass exactly how I see him, but a lot of people who came up on Smack don't know anything about the past out there. It's well established that all the West's best put him up there as one of the best, but I'm just looking at the present battle scene.

A lot of the battle world and fanbase revolves around Smack. But what you said might be right. I figured he should battle DNA because of the name DNA is building with URL (even though GT did put him on, he's just now getting his views and name) and would get more renown in the battle world.

Pass has been and still is one of my favorite in the scene, ever since he smashed Illusion-Z. He's got schemes and creativity, but I guess his non-punchline, gun-rhyme wordplay style doesn't really catch the interest of a lot of battle fans. I don't see how getting more fame and notoriety is a bad thing, and how he has nothing to gain out of this. It's not just these types of fans who watch these battles. He is an artist as well and I figure of all people they are the ones who would take all positive promotion.

I guess in his eyes there is really nobody to battle, because he's friends with most of the top cats out West. I'm still saying he puts himself on a pedestal if he doesn't think there's any logic behind him battling DNA. If Hollow can battle Big T, Soul Khan can battle QP, guys who put themselves WAY beyond their opponent, I don't see why Pass wouldn't do this.

But yeah, GT is the West. Lush is pretty much the one with all the connects. I'm sure he's gonna be a big part of putting together most of the big Grizzle matchups. And yeah, they do have the best camera man in the game with Avocado, doing editing for Iron Man and other big movies and s**t, but Corey isn't that bad with filming in FL and NY. And the best GT crowd is definitely Oakland, even though I thought the crowd at Wreck The Halls in NY might've been my favorite outside of Cali.

Last edited by Jamaro85; 05-29-2010 at 11:09 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #24
Jamaro85  OP
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Man, Surf got unfair treatment in Round 2. I thought he had some s**t that deserved real reaction. I liked him better that round. Surf ain't spitting anything to have me going crazy but that crowd is dead as f**k.

Lmaooo @ DNA at the end. Right when he's about to go into some s**t too. I don't usually like a lot of his wordplay but the s**t he was saying in the first two minutes of the third was dope. That crowd didn't give Surf the props he deserved though. He had some bars in there.
 8 years ago '05        #25
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 Jamaro85 said:
A lot of the battle world and fanbase revolves around Smack. But what you said might be right. I figured he should battle DNA because of the name DNA is building with URL (even though GT did put him on, he's just now getting his views and name) and would get more renown in the battle world.
In terms of international awareness, GT & its affiliates are probably ahead of Smack/URL already. And considering the sheer volume of content put out by GT, I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were pretty close too.

Jamaro85 said:
Pass has been and still is one of my favorite in the scene, ever since he smashed Illusion-Z. He's got schemes and creativity, but I guess his non-punchline, gun-rhyme wordplay style doesn't really catch the interest of a lot of battle fans. I don't see how getting more fame and notoriety is a bad thing, and how he has nothing to gain out of this. It's not just these types of fans who watch these battles. He is an artist as well and I figure of all people they are the ones who would take all positive promotion.
But that does mean you're still relatively new to the guy too.

"non-punchline" - Pass' has punchlines. He just tends to rap during his verses which is apparently confusing to people waiting for a stilted set-up/punch structure.

"gun-rhyme" - Pass' is not a gun a rapper.

It's true that he can get some views from the Smack/URL audience...but are they going to buy Animal Planet's s**t? I doubt it. Again, it would be cool if he got paid to do it - I wouldn't be surprised if Pass' was expected to put his hand in his own pocket to fly out to New York or Florida to get the battle done. Against a guy who did horrible business with GT after GT put him on.

Pass' gave credibility to GT. DNA diminished it.

Jamaro85 said:
I guess in his eyes there is really nobody to battle, because he's friends with most of the top cats out West. I'm still saying he puts himself on a pedestal if he doesn't think there's any logic behind him battling DNA. If Hollow can battle Big T, Soul Khan can battle QP, guys who put themselves WAY beyond their opponent, I don't see why Pass wouldn't do this.
There are a lot of people to battle but most of them wouldn't want to see Pass'. And it's not just that he's good friends with these guys (unlike the other kind of battle rapper cliques that seem to form & disintegrate daily elsewhere), he doesn't get battles set up with the West's top guys because he's pretty much battled them all before. Let's remember that Pass' has likely battled way more than any of the guys you named there too.

So DNA, again a fairly poor battler who does bad business, calls him out (just as he has called many, many guys out) & Pass' is supposed to jump at it? No details of where, when, money, anything. Just some young punk who has had what, twenty battles in his life, calling him out because he's a brat.

Oh yeah, then taking back the challenge. So there's not even a challenge to answer now. But if Pass' were to have wanted to accept it, he now has to go chasing a battle. Against some brat. It makes no sense.

Hollow wanted a bigger name than Big T. The bigger names from the Smack/URL circuit duck the f**k out of this guy now. And Big T was biting him & calling him out, so Hollow handled it. But this battle s**t is Hollow's bread & butter at the moment. And though he's been making sounds about cooling off till he can get an actual name to battle him, he'll probably keep bodying guys until the big names can't ignore him anymore. But Pass' doesn't have his heart set on battling Iron/Mook/Lux...obviously he'd take a rematch with Iron or battle any of the other big names for exposure & respect (an element that just doesn't exist with DNA), but I don't think he thinks about quite like Hollow does.

Dismantling QP is part of a feud SK has with the guy's whole crew. Plus it's part of SK trying to crossover, building upon his battle against Deacon Frost. And I wouldn't be surprised if the endgame to battling QP, & then Fox (neither of whom he particularly wanted to battle), was to get Conceited to battle him...because somehow Conceited has some respect & notable wins under his belt & SK would gain some credibility from both scenes for taking that from him.

Jamaro85 said:
But yeah, GT is the West. Lush is pretty much the one with all the connects. I'm sure he's gonna be a big part of putting together most of the big Grizzle matchups. And yeah, they do have the best camera man in the game with Avocado, doing editing for Iron Man and other big movies and s**t, but Corey isn't that bad with filming in FL and NY. And the best GT crowd is definitely Oakland, even though I thought the crowd at Wreck The Halls in NY might've been my favorite outside of Cali.
Lush doesn't just have the connections, he puts up the money to get things done. Yeah, I'm sure he'll do everything he can to make Grizzle big but it's a bit pathetic if he ends up having to subsidise this event because, let's face it, it costs more to have big match-ups in Florida than it does to have them in California because most of the talent already lives in the West!

Avo's camera work is phenomenal for the GT brand. The picture & sound quality, plus editing, makes URL look weak. Corey's work is still better than URL's but the superiority isn't quite as clear.

And Grizzle's crowd will still be dead or half-retarded.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 05-29-2010 at 11:34 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #26
Lay 
space
space
$13,302 | Props total: 478 478
Tyga Ty >>>

8 years ago '09        #27
season 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,413 | Props total: 20 20
this s**t was debatable imo.
 8 years ago '06        #28
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
tsu best work was the 2nd round, prolly could go either way, but had dna in 1&3.... been bringging a lot of fresh concepts and schemes.... that cop play scheme and the bryant jersey was clever... tsu's saw story was pulled off well, he came nice, but at the end of the day dna just outclassed him lyricaly.....crowd was obvioulsy bias for ny a bit, but different scene, same result anyway

heard they were trying to set up dna vs diz at grizzle 2..... imo I think dna elevated enough to were he can prolly beat diz or at least hold his own in a promo..... don't see pass leaving the states to battle dna.... best matchup on the table for DIZ is dna, since he's not gonna battle any smack cats, and already either batteled or his friends with most in the west.... imo been hearing about a lot of crazy potential matchups at girizzle 2
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy