Car Lease Return

most viewed right now
 190
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 93
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 54
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 05-26-2010, 12:13 PM         #1
7675 pageviews
11 comments


bklynnas9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Car Lease Return
 

 
All,

I have a lease expiring at the end of June and would like some input from people who have gone through the process of returning a leased car.

My allowable mileage was 12k per year (36k) and I am currently at 20k.

Are there any fees a.ssociated with returning the car? For example, nicks and scratches on the car, will they be a.ssociated with a fee?

Will getting the car detailed (approximately $150) alleviate these fees? and will the below the alotted mileage that I have accumulated serve as some kind of rebate?

Any insight/comments/tips will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

11 comments for "Car Lease Return"

 8 years ago '04        #2
MrNickNick 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,773 | Props total: 104 104
what make is the car ?

i've leased a 2006 acura rsx type s from 2006 - 2009.... i was allowed 15K per year and i returned it at 38K... i also had gap insurance and a very high coverage insurance for the lease (100K/300K something like that) because thats what honda's financial corp required... when they inspected the car at my house, there were 2 dents and the tires were bald.... luckily when i called acura to ask them if i had to replace those parts, they said no its all covered because they allowed 3 major things to be replaced at $500 per piece... 1 month later, i drove the car back to where i got it from and they didnt even look at the car... they just told me to take out my belongings and turn in the keys and sign some papers and i was done...

just wait until they inspect the car... once they give u the report, call the company ur car is leased through and ask them what to do from here... just so u know, they will measure ur tire tread and use a tool to check if ur car has been in an accident... mainly around the quarter panel, door and fender area...
 05-26-2010, 02:36 PM         #3
bklynnas9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the car is a 2007 nissan altima.

i doubt they will be inspecting the car at my house as i got it from the nissan dealership. i anticipate getting a letter in the mail sometime soon instructing me on procedures and what not.

say they inspect it on the premises of the dealership, i dont think i will be given an option (go fix myself or pay the fine). hence one of my questions is whether i should get it properly detailed.

no accidents, normal tire tread. some nice scratches and dents here and there, nothing serious though...
 8 years ago '04        #4
MrNickNick 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,773 | Props total: 104 104
^^ its an outside company hired by the dealership who does the inspection... nissan will send u a letter giving u specific instructions to take before u turn the car in... they chose to do the inspection @ home or work... the dealership wasnt an option... they didnt even ask for a record of maintenance... just make it look clean on the outside and ur all set... did u lease through nissan's financial corporation ?

as far as ur dings and scratches... in my opinion, just wash the car good urself... and let them inspect it then... why pay for the ding repairs and detail when u can possibly get away with it when they inspect it ?


Last edited by MrNickNick; 05-26-2010 at 03:29 PM..
 05-26-2010, 03:33 PM         #5
bklynnas9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrNickNick said:
^^ its an outside company hired by the dealership who does the inspection... nissan will send u a letter giving u specific instructions to take before u turn the car in... they chose to do the inspection @ home or work... the dealership wasnt an option... they didnt even ask for a record of maintenance... just make it look clean on the outside and ur all set... did u lease through nissan's financial corporation ?

as far as ur dings and scratches... in my opinion, just wash the car good urself... and let them inspect it then... why pay for the ding repairs and detail when u can possibly get away with it when they inspect it ?
thats great information. much appreciated man.
 8 years ago '04        #6
MrNickNick 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,773 | Props total: 104 104
no prob... keep in mind, the car can be returned anytime from today until the end of the month...



let me know how that goes


Last edited by MrNickNick; 05-26-2010 at 06:56 PM..
 05-26-2010, 06:59 PM         #7
Dblock2151  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't wash the car man, leave it dirty. It'll hide majority of the blemishes when you do return it. If they happen to wash the car and find a few scratches, just say it wasn't there before they washed it and you'll be good to go.
 8 years ago '04        #8
MrNickNick 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,773 | Props total: 104 104
^^ he's right...
 8 years ago '04        #9
Ph8te 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 40 40
You are allowed a certain amount of "wear and tear" on the car and that amount will be detailed in a lease return document that you should get in the mail or you can search for it online. Read this and go over your car and see if you have any damage\wear matching the descriptions listed.

Small scratches usually wont matter much as long as they are not all over your car. If the scratch reaches primer (you see white\silver) thats when they measure it. If you have abrasions from the car wash they usually ignore those as they happen every time the dealership washes your car. Some scratches can be buffed out and blended with the paint so you will hardly know they were there. The dents (depending o how big they are) may need to be repaired. Look at your return policy and determine what exceeds the limit they allow. I would personally go to someone that specializes in car care (go to autopia forums, they have local guys that will do your car up) so that you go in knowing what you are getting and they will usually offer a better range of products\services).


The independent company will send someone out to your house if you wish to inspect the car. They do a walk around and take pictures of any damage they see. They will also record mileage, ect .and document it. They will then have you sign off on their inspection after they're done. Its pretty painless and from my past experience they people are usually pretty nice.

I would recommend washing\cleaning out your car and not leaving it dirty. If you are trying to hide major damage they can come back and charge you (read your lease return documents). Also, if your car is filthy the person may take a closer look at things then if your car was clean.


As far as getting money back for going under mileage, no there is no discount for doing that. You pay for a certain mileage and there are no refunds. Just be glad you are under instead of over. Its more of an insurance policy then anything IMO. I usually go a little bit over so I dont ahve to worry about it as I get close to the end of my lease.


I was worried about some of the scratches when I returned my FX35 2 years ago, turned out to be nothing though and the inspector\dealership was OK with everything. If you can take pictures of the damage (dents\scratches) others may be able to give you a better reply on if theyll count it against you.

I should also add if you choose to go to autopia way go to the local forums and you can find someone local that has pictures of their past jobs or at least reviews from other members. There are people on there that will do miracles to your paint :) .


Last edited by Ph8te; 05-27-2010 at 02:47 AM..
 05-27-2010, 12:43 PM         #10
bklynnas9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ph8te said:
You are allowed a certain amount of "wear and tear" on the car and that amount will be detailed in a lease return document that you should get in the mail or you can search for it online. Read this and go over your car and see if you have any damage\wear matching the descriptions listed.

Small scratches usually wont matter much as long as they are not all over your car. If the scratch reaches primer (you see white\silver) thats when they measure it. If you have abrasions from the car wash they usually ignore those as they happen every time the dealership washes your car. Some scratches can be buffed out and blended with the paint so you will hardly know they were there. The dents (depending o how big they are) may need to be repaired. Look at your return policy and determine what exceeds the limit they allow. I would personally go to someone that specializes in car care (go to autopia forums, they have local guys that will do your car up) so that you go in knowing what you are getting and they will usually offer a better range of products\services).


The independent company will send someone out to your house if you wish to inspect the car. They do a walk around and take pictures of any damage they see. They will also record mileage, ect .and document it. They will then have you sign off on their inspection after they're done. Its pretty painless and from my past experience they people are usually pretty nice.

I would recommend washing\cleaning out your car and not leaving it dirty. If you are trying to hide major damage they can come back and charge you (read your lease return documents). Also, if your car is filthy the person may take a closer look at things then if your car was clean.


As far as getting money back for going under mileage, no there is no discount for doing that. You pay for a certain mileage and there are no refunds. Just be glad you are under instead of over. Its more of an insurance policy then anything IMO. I usually go a little bit over so I dont ahve to worry about it as I get close to the end of my lease.


I was worried about some of the scratches when I returned my FX35 2 years ago, turned out to be nothing though and the inspector\dealership was OK with everything. If you can take pictures of the damage (dents\scratches) others may be able to give you a better reply on if theyll count it against you.

I should also add if you choose to go to autopia way go to the local forums and you can find someone local that has pictures of their past jobs or at least reviews from other members. There are people on there that will do miracles to your paint :) .
droppin science, much appreciated man.

i do have a couple of scratches where you see the white/silver primer and my front right tire rim is bruised pretty bad. everything else is most likely acceptable.

i will definitely be taking pictures prior to the inspection. and thats shame that you dont get any credit back for staying under the mileage limit.

i will most likely be charged some sort of fine. i downloaded the nissan detailed lease return document and it sounds just like what you said. the minor scratches/dents are forgiven for the most part.

hopefully a cleaned/vacuumed car and a good inspector will let me slide.

good looks everyone
 8 years ago '08        #11
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
When I returned my pontiac G, I had mad scratches and dents on the hood and my roof looked like it had waves with all the scratches. I took mine to get detailed just to be safe. It came back looking really good. I didn't have to pay any fees or charges, not saying the same will work for you but it was my experience.
 8 years ago '04        #12
illthoughtzz 
space
avatar space
space
$416 | Props total: 0 0
 MrNickNick said:
what make is the car ?

i've leased a 2006 acura rsx type s from 2006 - 2009.... i was allowed 15K per year and i returned it at 38K... i also had gap insurance and a very high coverage insurance for the lease (100K/300K something like that) because thats what honda's financial corp required... when they inspected the car at my house, there were 2 dents and the tires were bald.... luckily when i called acura to ask them if i had to replace those parts, they said no its all covered because they allowed 3 major things to be replaced at $500 per piece... 1 month later, i drove the car back to where i got it from and they didnt even look at the car... they just told me to take out my belongings and turn in the keys and sign some papers and i was done...

just wait until they inspect the car... once they give u the report, call the company ur car is leased through and ask them what to do from here... just so u know, they will measure ur tire tread and use a tool to check if ur car has been in an accident... mainly around the quarter panel, door and fender area...

I never heard of a car being checked for being involved in an accident if u leased through a dealership. What are they gonna do if they found out the car has been in an accident and it was documented/reported and fixed by a reputable body shop? nothing.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 20
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 9
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy