what is multi syllable rapping ? once and for all

most viewed right now
 18
 Los Angeles Hip Hop vs Atlanta Hip Hop
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
 Image(s) inside First Look At The Son Goku x adidas ZX500 RM
5 comments
@gear

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #41
Jamaro85 
space
avatar space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 makaveli20 said:
these are not multi's there are like maybe 1 or 2 lines with multi's in it.
Other than the last few bars of the Rather Unique bars dude posted how are the rest not multies?
 8 years ago '05        #42
gemberland2004 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,195 | Props total: 521 521
1 name 2 syllables Cam'ron end of thread
 05-26-2010, 12:58 PM         #43
makaveli20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J Rob said:
all that matters is the SYLLABLES, not the words. Head is aching (2 one syllable words and one two syllable word) and medication (1 four syllable word). All four syllables rhyme, that makes it a multi.
the words do matter because the syllables and consonants make up the word without that u have nothing aching doesn't rhyme with anything medication and sedadation rhyme making it a multi.
 8 years ago '04        #44
Jamaro85 
space
avatar space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 makaveli20 said:
the words do matter because the syllables and consonants make up the word without that u have nothing aching doesn't rhyme with anything medication and sedadation rhyme making it a multi.
You just brought up slant rhyming, and this is a perfect example. "head is", "med-i". "aching", "cation". How do "head is aching" and "medication" not rhyme? Repeat that to yourself the same way the rapper says it.
 8 years ago '08        #45
-Jazeera- 
space
space
space
$946 | Props total: 33 33
Yall need to listen to that nas and kool g rap track ... then this discussion will be deaded.
 05-26-2010, 01:11 PM         #46
makaveli20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Other than the last few bars of the Rather Unique bars dude posted how are the rest not multies?
because they don't even rhyme with each other. check this big pun line out Tactical tracks match perfectly with graphical stats
Half a you lack the magical dap of tragical rap
see how tactical rhymes with graphical and magical and tragical and they all more then one syllable.
 8 years ago '04        #47
Jamaro85 
space
avatar space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 makaveli20 said:
because they don't even rhyme with each other. check this big pun line out Tactical tracks match perfectly with graphical stats
Half a you lack the magical dap of tragical rap
see how tactical rhymes with graphical and magical and tragical and they all more then one syllable.
It's a four syllable multi there my dude, not three. Tactical tracks, graphical stats, magical dap, tragical rap. And you didn't even include "half a you lack". I don't see how you're disagreeing with the AZ verse, all of those rhyme with how he said it. Did you listen to the song?
 05-26-2010, 01:31 PM         #48
makaveli20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
It's a four syllable multi there my dude, not three. Tactical tracks, graphical stats, magical dap, tragical rap. And you didn't even include "half a you lack". I don't see how you're disagreeing with the AZ verse, all of those rhyme with how he said it. Did you listen to the song?
dude half of u lack is not a word it's a phrase the words i highlighted matched the other indviual words and they all rhymed check this out. She's an exception, some people can leap to the impression
See, me myself, I start flippin and fall victim to deep depression
see how impression rhymes with depression and both of these words have more then one syllable in it.
 05-26-2010, 01:38 PM         #49
makaveli20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J Rob said:
That's what I'm trying to explain to him.....all that matters are the syllables. He thinks that if a word doesn't have more than one syllable, it doesn't count.
so what does multi syllable mean to you to me it means this Multi is short for “multi-syllable rhyme.” Multis are phrases in which more than one syllable rhymes. Multis can be double, triple, quadruple (etc…) rhymes.
 8 years ago '04        #50
Jamaro85 
space
avatar space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 makaveli20 said:
dude half of u lack is not a word it's a phrase the words i highlighted matched the other indviual words and they all rhymed check this out. She's an exception, some people can leap to the impression
See, me myself, I start flippin and fall victim to deep depression see how impression rhymes with depression and both of these words have more then one syllable in it.
My dude. Multi-syllable rhyming can be rhyming a PHRASE. Every example you're giving is rhyming WORDS.

You're telling me that these do not rhyme because they aren't a "word"?

my verbals rip s**t
Brains give birth to thoughts in triplets
f**k it I'm on some flip s**t
ready to let my clip spit, dramatical
vocals release shells like automatics do
music's magical causing any battle to be tragical
I got styles sick as hell, sicker than sickle cell anemia
slaughter your circulatory like lukemia
filled with larceny, who want parts of me?
I'm vicious, mad malicious
cause it's real on this road to riches
I got this mastered, other rappers'll craft it
weak and wicked camoflauged as k!llers
how they speak and kick it
peep this uniqueness
nonbelievers i'm leaving speechless
left to chokers and skunk smoke
was coming through the speakers
surgically nice with any verbal device
trife, breathing life into mics
my insight's beyond the twilight
so die, f!ght, no surrender, no retreat
techniques speak
I'm rather unique
 8 years ago '06        #51
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$5,670 | Props total: 1807 1807
Perfect Example- underground rapper Louis Logic..


[video - click to view]



[Louis Logic]
... Fresh from a court runnin from a bar tab
Drivin drunk with car lag in need of a barf bag
I left my smart half on the hard path to recovery
With hangover hovering I took a bath in the bubbly
I woke up in the trash, cold clutchin a flask
With a wino askin for some from me, but there's no stuff in my stash
I'm so stuck in a glass but insist on throwin Rollin Rocks
Shades drawn, doors closed and locked, hopin no one knocks
I'm in a lonely spot
Nowhere, and I want some some Stoli shots
Like I don't care if my AA sponsor knows or not
I'll spend a week soaked in scotch on Venice Beach with the vagrants
Then I'm... leavin for Vegas
But I'm penny free, and owe a lot of dough
to spot my landlord and old lady liks
It's like I said, she likes to collect, she don't babysit

verse2
So basically, my drinkin schedule's 8 to 3
But wait and see I bet you I can make the rate increase
Until I start sprayin my vomit on my Old Navy fleece
So sayeth the logic, so say the sheep
My next commandment, to drink a case a piece at least
To set the standard, a buncha drunks that's dead from cancer
Leave your 12 steps abandoned on the way to the bar
A convoy that's on joy juice racin their cars
Drinkin grain from a jar, that's moonshine to the Leigh men in bars
And soon I'm hearin angels with harps
Perhaps it's beepin horns and I'm crossin lanes in my car
And sleepin on the job but made it so far, I'm thinkin ain't this bizarre
It's kinda freezin', tryna find the reason
When I realized my gates were ajar
I took the Nestea plunge straight to the tar, but never jumped
Then I awoke in a pool of my puke where I had left my lunch

verse 3
I was born of beer kegs in college dorms and molotov mixtures
Fists up, breakin bottles off n*ggas
Make escape doin the hundred yard dash, comin from a car crash,
That's what I call a runnin bar tab, back to the lab
When an undercover car passed after my a.ss
Dropped to my knees and my hands in the grass
A straight shot to the trees beside my door, but I'd forgotten my keys,
plus I had too much brandy to last, so I hopped to my feet
My hands were both clasped stoppin the stream
If I puked the cop would probably see
But he was watchin me flee on wobbily feet, at least that's what I'm thinkin
That's when he tackled me stagnant and stinkin
I said, "No way occifer, I haven't been drinkin"
Then he said, "You're under arrest kid, and we're goin back to the precinct"


Last edited by smoothlikebutta; 05-26-2010 at 01:48 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #52
Jamaro85 
space
avatar space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 makaveli20 said:
so what does multi syllable mean to you to me it means this Multi is short for “multi-syllable rhyme.” Multis are phrases in which more than one syllable rhymes. Multis can be double, triple, quadruple (etc…) rhymes.
Maybe you should've read the rest of the article that you took that quote from:



Multi is short for “multi-syllable rhyme.” Multis are phrases in which more than one syllable rhymes. Multis can be double, triple, quadruple (etc…) rhymes.

Normal rhyme: cat / hat
Multi rhyme: my cat / hi-hat
Or a longer multi: bit my cat / hit the hi-hat

See how it's rhyming phrases and not just a word?
 05-26-2010, 02:02 PM         #53
makaveli20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Maybe you should've read the rest of the article that you took that quote from:



Multi is short for “multi-syllable rhyme.” Multis are phrases in which more than one syllable rhymes. Multis can be double, triple, quadruple (etc…) rhymes.

Normal rhyme: cat / hat
Multi rhyme: my cat / hi-hat
Or a longer multi: bit my cat / hit the hi-hat

See how it's rhyming phrases and not just a word?
lol how does bit my cat a rhyme bit as a word don't rhyme with cat.
 8 years ago '04        #54
Jamaro85 
space
avatar space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 makaveli20 said:
lol how does bit my cat a rhyme bit as a word don't rhyme with cat.
They were rhyming "bit my cat" and "hit hi-hat"...

I mean, if the example I gave with the AZ "Rather Unique" verse doesn't clear it up, and you continue to think that multi-syllable rhyming is limited only to rhyming words and not phrases then we'll never be able to convince you.

Look at every song posted in this thread. They're rhyming phrases with multiple syllables, not restricted to words only. That's the part you don't seem to agree with us on. And if that's so then there's no further discussion really.

 05-26-2010, 02:14 PM         #55
makaveli20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is what the word rhyme means this a word that is identical to another in its terminal sound.
 8 years ago '06        #56
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,184 | Props total: 204 204
This s**t just made me want to smoke one and write before I head out to work... peace b**ches
 8 years ago '04        #57
Jamaro85 
space
avatar space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
Cat in the hat, blast and attack, rapper is whack, blacker than black, blastin' the gat, clap at ya back, crack it in half, sat in the 'lac, pat on the back

That is rhyming syllables. Multi-syllabic rhyming. It's not single word rhyming. You disagree?
 8 years ago '09        #58
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$5,700 | Props total: 501 501
 Don Peru said:
^^^ exactly....some n*ggas are just biased to his music out the gate.....especially bcuz he a southern trap artist
I wouldnt talk so much s**t about him if he enunciated his words
 05-26-2010, 02:35 PM         #59
makaveli20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Cat in the hat, blast and attack, rapper is whack, blacker than black, blastin' the gat, clap at ya back, crack it in half, sat in the 'lac, pat on the back

That is rhyming syllables. Multi-syllabic rhyming. It's not single word rhyming. You disagree?
u go by the number of syllables in the line as to opposed what words have the most syllables.


Last edited by makaveli20; 05-26-2010 at 02:38 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #60
HHS 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,555 | Props total: 94 94
It's simply a rhyme that extends over multiple syllables. It can span multiple words, and the number of syllables in an individual word have nothing to do with it. You can also used forced rhyme, which is something Nas does from time to time, where words don't rhyme perfectly. And you can have multis that only use single syllable words. So, one example would be "slap the cat/jack the gat"

I'd also say that the phrase or word can contain unrhymed syllables as well, as long as the rhymed syllables are still in close proximity. Like: "Now I'll dismantle it/That's how I handle s**t"

It often goes hand in hand with internal rhyme, where rhymes don't only fall at the end of lines, but you can have internal rhyme without multis, or vice versa.


Last edited by HHS; 05-26-2010 at 02:48 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 106
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 82
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 81
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
104 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 81
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
25 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside This nigguh Don Q is a midget..No cap!!
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside When you pretend her jokes are funnier than they are so you can smash
31 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
Cardi B Speech But She Only Makes Weird Noises
52 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 28
NBA Kobe's advice to Bron
66 comments
2 days ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy