Devon Alexander vs Andriy Kotelnik[8-7-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
Alexander by KO 3 37.50%
Alexander by Dec 5 62.50%
Draw 0 0%
Kotelnik by KO 0 0%
Kotelnik by Dec 0 0%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #21
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9

[pic - click to view]

Devon Alexander “The Great” finished off a whirlwind day of media appearances by throwing out the first pitch Tuesday night at Busch Stadium before his hometown Cardinals took on the visiting Astros. Alexander was joined by his trainer Kevin Cunningham and Cards mascot-turned-boxer Fredbird.
 7 years ago '06        #23
jj01 
space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
would like to see devon get either maidana or ortiz before he steps to bradley. tighten up just a bit and get even more experience and i would love his chances more than i do now. he f!ghts 1 of them in the 1st part of the year and the big f!ght comes after.

doubt gbp would put khan against him, even tho id love to see him whoop up on khan.
 7 years ago '05        #24
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
Kevin Cunningham dropping that knowledge

7 years ago '06        #25
space
space

[video - click to view]

Is Alexander truly “The Great?”

By Brian Grammer
Photo: Bob Barton

At Wednesday’s final press conference for the “Gateway to Greatness” card, promoter Don King could not give enough accolades about the young, undefeated champion Devon Alexander “The Great” (20-0, 13 KOs).

“What this is doing for Devon is moving him from ‘Greatness’ to even greater ‘Greatness,’” King professed. Alexander, who fought on previous Don King cards under former headliner and current junior middleweight champion Cory Spinks (37-5, 11 KOs), is now the main event that everyone sees as a future superstar.

Director of Programming at HBO Sports, Luis Barragan, proclaimed, “Devon Alexander is one of the great young f!ghters in the sport. It is always great to follow a great f!ghter, especially when there are other great f!ghters in that weight class. You start imagining which f!ghts could come up and when you look at Devon and some of the other f!ghters like Amir Khan, Timothy Bradley, Marcos Maidana and Victor Ortiz, you start imagining all of the great f!ghts that can happen. We are pleased to be televising Devon for the second time and dealing with him and his manager, it is real easy. They just say, ‘line it up’. We love guys like that because it makes our job real easy.”

Spinks acknowledged the passing of the torch, saying, “Congratulations Devon. I haven’t had the chance to tell you that before. I saw your f!ght and I was excited that it came out the way that it did. It was a pleasure to train with you, little guy…my little bro.”

After all of the superlatives, Alexander’s opponent, Andriy Kotelnik (31-3-1, 13 KOs) wasn’t star struck. Through an interpreter, the Ukrainian told the a.ssembled crowd, “Today you can see that the heat is on for the f!ght. This is a huge opportunity for me and I have a big surprise for Devon on Saturday night.”

To his credit, Alexander and his career-long trainer, Kevin Cunningham, have their sights firmly on Kotelnik and the job that is to be done. Alexander is ready and anxious to get into the ring.

“The time for talk is over,” he declared. “I am ready!”

f!ght night is also Alexander’s mother’s birthday. “I’ve got to show off for her, right?” The champion then rolled up his sleeve and asked, “You want to see how ready?” The sleeve came up and the crowd began to roar as Alexander flexed his arm to show off an impressive 14 1/2″ bicep.

Cunningham then approached the podium to talk about his f!ghter and his future opponents.

“There is all this talk about Devon and these mega-f!ghts with Khan and Bradley and Pacquiao.” Cunningham outlined. “Well, we don’t get caught up in all that. There is an evil Russian sitting to my left that is talking loud about what he is going to do, so, we are focused on him right now.”

Additionally, there are two other world championship f!ghts on the “Gateway to Greatness” card.

Newly crowned IBF light heavyweight champion, Tavoris Cloud (20-0, 18 KOs), told the crowd, “My style is fan friendly with power in both hands and I am ready to get it on!” His opponent, veteran f!ghter and three time world champion, Glen Johnson (50-13-2, 34 KOs), was brief and to the point. “St. Louis, you are going to have a great f!ght on August 7th. I don’t have to say much here because my reputation speaks for itself.”

Cornlieus “K9″ Bundrage (29-4, 17 KOs) will be pursuing the IBF junior middleweight championship currently held by Cory Spinks in an off-TV bout. Bundrage, who said that he has been in camp for almost a year, exclaimed, “Love me or hate me now, but Saturday night you will love me. The Dog is coming!!!”

Spinks countered by saying, “I have been in camp for a while now and I am ready. Bundrage is going to bring his ‘A’ game and he thinks that he is ready for anything. So, expect a tough performance Saturday night.”

The Spinks-Bundrage title tilt is not only a f!ght between world class boxers, but also between world class trainers. Spinks is trained by renowned former world welterweight champion, Buddy McGirt and Bundrage has the incomparable Emanuel Stewart heading up his corner.

Although “Gateway to Greatness” is a megaf!ght event with three world titles, the event is still the homecoming for Devon Alexander as he stands on the precipice of greatness.

King, who showed a genuine fondness for Alexander when speaking of him, said that the key to the f!ghter’s success in and out of the ring is his personality. “He stands up and rebukes his temptations,” said the promoter who had himself had problems with the law when he was a young man. King acknowledged that Devon grew up in a tough north St. Louis neighborhood and has had many friends and acquaintances k!lled or end up in prison. King sees in the young man, a strength in character. “No matter how difficult things might be for him, he says no when they come to him with drugs or to have him run with them in the gangs.”

King concluded: “The quality of his greatness is that he stands up to all that badness and if he can continue that in his physical capabilities, he will go a long, long way.”
 7 years ago '07        #27
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30274 30274
I would much rather see Spinks/Bundrage than Johnson/Cloud. HBO can be so f**king stupid sometimes.
 7 years ago '06        #29
space
space
Weights: Devon Alexander 138.75, Andriy Kotelnik 139.5

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

By Ryan Burton

On Saturday night at the Scottrade Center in Saint Louis, Missouri, Devon Alexander will have an HBO televised homecoming as he defends his WBC/IBF junior welterweight titles against former champion Andriy Kotelnik of Ukraine. Kotlenik, returning for the first time since last year's decision loss to Amir Khan, is still the only man to defeat the deadly Marcos Maidana.

Alexander came ripped and ready as weighed-in at 138.75-pounds, while the challenger Kotelnik was 139.5.

In the light heavyweight co-feature, IBF champion Tavoris Cloud will defend his title against veteran and former champion Glen Johnson. Both f!ghters were in top form. Cloud weighed in at 174.5-pounds, and Johnson was two pounds under at 173.

On the undercard, IBF 154-pound champion Cory Spinks will defend against Cornelius Bundrage. Both f!ghters came in at 153.5-pounds.

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 08-06-2010 at 08:27 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #31
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771

[video - click to view]

08-07-2010, 01:27 PM         #32
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
glenn johnson is a fossil...i gotta feeling glenn might ko cloud out even tho i picked cloud

Last edited by DrX; 08-07-2010 at 01:29 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #33
space
space
 7 years ago '05        #34
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,729 | Props total: 12514 12514
Really looking forward to this f!ght, I'm hoping Devon flat out dominates, I'm still a little leery about him, even though he looks promising.. His best comp was Urango and he demolished him, I'm interested in seeing him f!ght a higher skilled f!ghter.. I'd love to see him against Berto at 147 or Bradley. Sad too see him aligned with Don King though.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-07-2010 at 05:30 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #35
space
space
Alexander: Kotelnik More Solid, Better Skills Than Bradley

By Mark Vester

In a further attempt to throw verbal fire, IBF/WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander says former champ Andriy Kotelnik is a more solid f!ghter, and has more skill than WBO champion Timothy Bradley. A deal is very close to match Alexander and Bradley for January 29 of next year in mega-unification to be televised on HBO.

“Kotelnik definitely has more skill and is a more solid f!ghter than Bradley,” Alexander said. “So this could be the two best 140-pounders f!ghting Aug. 7, because Bradley, he's an OK f!ghter talent-wise. He has heart, he's going to continue to come and work hard, but as far as skills-wise, Kotelnik is better. I think Bradley's No. 3," Alexander told The Desert Sun.

Manager/trainer Kevin Cunningham will be very surprised if Kotelnik is able to last the distance. He predicts Alexander will give Kotelnik the beating of his life.

“Devon is going to jump in Kotelnik's a.ss and he's going to be in it from the opening bell,” Cunningham said. “I can't see Kotelnik standing up to this type of beating for 12 rounds. So if he does make it through 12 rounds, more power to him, but he's getting a beating that he's never gotten in his life,” Cunningham said.

7 years ago '06        #36
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6740 6740
f**king HBO
they should show the Cory Spinks f!ght too
 08-07-2010, 08:21 PM         #37
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i heard spinks just got ktfo
 7 years ago '06        #38
space
space
 7 years ago '06        #39
space
space
 DrX said:
i heard spinks just got ktfo
yea, 5th round by Cornelius Bundrage, new IBF light middleweight champ
 7 years ago '05        #40
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
I like Spinks but happy for K9, always liked him on the contender
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago