most viewed right now
NFL Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Oakland Raiders Gameday Thread
860 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
64 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #41
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Knew exactly whod be in this thread making dumb statements before clicking on it.

and wtf Paul and deron will be better than kidd? That proves when people started watching basketball in here.

Ironic how scoring is the most important topic in here considering this thread is about the PG position.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #42
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,547 | Props total: 6803 6803
wow
how quickly people forget about D.Will and CP3
 8 years ago '09        #43
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
 Plizaya J said:
cp3 has never been swept

and losing by 56 at home must be one player's fault, not the team or coach

not to mention he had a bum knee that whole series and could barely get any elevation
CP3 hasnt been swept, you're right, I cant get anything by you.
 8 years ago '04        #44
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
The dude was a great player and my idol when I was growing up, but Magic is clearly a front-running dumbass.

The mere fact that he thought J-Kidd was still the best is suspect at best.
 8 years ago '09        #45
space
space
For those missing the point, Nobody is saying Williams and Paul are forgotten. The point is if they are so good why can't they win. It's a bunch a players in the league that are beasts individually or on the stats. But, it's all about winning and producing and that's what Rondo does. Stop saying Paul and Williams dont have any good players either.

I knew Chris Paul wasnt a difference maker when Collison came in and put up the same numbers. So, if Paul is so much better then him being the best PG in the game alone should be able to at least get them into the Conference semis, conference finals. But, it doesnt. Same goes for Deron Williams.

Even with no KG last year and a banged up Pierce, Rondo damn near averaged a triple double for the playoffs and took Orlando to 7 games.
 05-23-2010, 12:57 PM         #46
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They can't win because they are actually the best player on their teams and aren't on a team that is stacked with talent.

Rondo on a team without 3 HOFs he might not even be top 5 and at best would be #5.
 8 years ago '09        #47
space
space
Magic does tend to flip out from time to time but he is right with this one. Then again maybe Magic is just doing what he always does and that is use his tv time to p!ss off the players on the team he is part owner of.

First it was LeBron is by far the best player in the league and will be for 15 years. Kobe has scored like 30+ ever since that comment.

Then it was The Thunder are taking it to the Lakers and the Lakers are soft. Thunder dont win another game

Next, it was Deron Williams and Steve Nash will dominate this team and Amare and Boozer will give the Lakers Bigs problems. Lakers havent lost a game to either team yet and those players were pretty much absent.

Now, it's getting going early with his Rondo comment. Maybe, just maybe he is getting them ready to stop him I guess.
 8 years ago '09        #48
space
space
 -BigC- said:
They can't win because they are actually the best player on their teams and aren't on a team that is stacked with talent.

Rondo on a team without 3 HOFs he might not even be top 5 and at best would be #5.
The only difference between Rondo's team and those guys is Rondo's team plays defense. The numbers are the same except defensively.
 8 years ago '04        #49
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 Fly 2ndComing said:

I knew Chris Paul wasnt a difference maker when Collison came in and put up the same numbers. So, if Paul is so much better then him being the best PG in the game alone should be able to at least get them into the Conference semis, conference finals. But, it doesnt. Same goes for Deron Williams.
1st of all, paul was in collison's ear every dead ball, every chance he could get telling him what to do

not to mention collison turned the ball over about 8 times a game

y couldnt antonio daniels do that off the bench or bobby brown, ever thought that maybe collison is good

i forgot rondo had to go through the west and face teams like the spurs

and deron did get to the conference finals even though he was swept by a team cp3 took to 7

u do know that teams win though and rondo is on a great team, with all time great players that u cant sag off to guard rondo

if u ask urself, "can rondo carry a team offensively?" whats the answer?
 8 years ago '08        #50
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
 Hold That said:
He'll never surpass Deron or CP3 because of his lack of shooting. And I'll go as far to say that Deron and Paul will go down as better PG's than Kidd. I can't say the same for Rondo.
i agree with ur first sentence, disagree with ur second sentence.
 8 years ago '09        #51
space
space
 Plizaya J said:
if u ask urself, "can rondo carry a team offensively?" whats the answer?
See 2009 regular season and playoffs when none of the big three were there for various reasons.
See 2010 regular season and playoffs.

Ask Mo Williams and LeBron if Rondo can carry an offense.
 8 years ago '07        #52
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
why does chris paul get so much hate on this site. To me it's a tie between him and d-will for best in the league wit rondo moving up there. Cp3 was hurt most of the yr and his squad is garbage, of course they didn't make the playoffs this yr
 8 years ago '09        #53
space
space
When did Chris Paul become a good defender? I know he plays passing lanes really well and sneaks down on big men and steals the ball when they arent looking but does that make him a good defender. Paul routinely gets dominated.
But, this is also the generation that thinks a guy blocking peoples shot from behind makes him a good defender or worthy of DPOY.

05-23-2010, 01:23 PM         #54
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
When did Chris Paul become a good defender? I know he plays passing lanes really well and sneaks down on big men and steals the ball when they arent looking but does that make him a good defender. Paul routinely gets dominated.
But, this is also the generation that thinks a guy blocking peoples shot from behind makes him a good defender or worthy of DPOY.

You just described Rondo's D He does the same exact s**t and other points have dominated him through the season
 8 years ago '04        #55
doczdaname 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 5050 5050
if you havent noticed, the media just nut hugs whoever is still playing and doing well and call them the best this and that...its to keep people engaged in a lackluster playoffs thus far.
 8 years ago '06        #56
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,892 | Props total: 2723 2723
 beantown85 said:
how bout win a ring????? how bout make the playoffs in the case of cp3? :rolleyes:

And what would be the thing that those guys can do that Rondo can't? And I dont' want a PG that shoots jumpmers so don't give me the s**t about he "can't shoot." u ppl are f**kin reaching at this point
Are you really saying that Rondo is better than CP3 and Deron because he has a ring. Even Paul Pierce said that Rondo didnt finish the 4th quarters because he was a liability so dont give me that. Plus he wasnt the leader at all on that team. Call me when Rondo is leading his team to the Finals.

Rondo is good no doubt but we will see how good he really is when he becomes the sole leader of this team.
 8 years ago '06        #57
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,892 | Props total: 2723 2723
 Fly 2ndComing said:
See 2009 regular season and playoffs when none of the big three were there for various reasons.

Rondo did not carry the offense in those years but he did step up big time. You act like Ray Allen and Paul Pierce were not factors. Dont try and downplay Rondo's teammates to make him look better.
 8 years ago '07        #58
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Fly 2ndComing said:
For those missing the point, Nobody is saying Williams and Paul are forgotten. The point is if they are so good why can't they win. It's a bunch a players in the league that are beasts individually or on the stats. But, it's all about winning and producing and that's what Rondo does. Stop saying Paul and Williams dont have any good players either.
Lmao, good players=wins dumbass. How can you ignore that when judging players? Cp3 puts up 20 and 10 with dudes like devin brown and rasual butler

If Chris Paul had ray allen, paul pierce, kevin garnett, and perkins for defense, they would win the title outright every year

Rondo is beastly but hes not as good as Cp3 or D-Will
 8 years ago '04        #59
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 Fly 2ndComing said:

i said if he was on a team that didnt have 3 HOFers that allow others to sag off rondo

rondo has never been double teamed

and rondo only led the team in scoring for 2 games during the cleveland series, not to mention, garnett avg'd 19 (1 point behind rondo) and allen avg'd 16, thats hardly carrying a team offensively

do u even know what ur talking about?
 8 years ago '06        #60
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 ChiCity Fingaz said:

Why are you guys trying to ignore point guards who are capable of putting up 18-20 a game like the majority of all great point guards haven't done it?

Just because you average 10/9 instead of 19/7 doesn't mean you're a better PG.
no but leading the league in steals and being NBA all defensive team does. Stop obsessing over 9 extra points, I guess its the only thing you got. It wouldn't be 19 if he was in the Cs so what's your point?

Dan d*ckau averaged 15ppg as a starter on the hornets one year, so with your logic that makes him better than rondo right?
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy