Racist Brands

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 27 - Law Firm Sues 20-Year-Old Waitress Over Unflattering Yelp, Fa..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dogs Before and After Their Haircut
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Crazy skills: This boxer is caught in the matrix!
142 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bow Wow says he can't relate to BLACK people and their issues; "I'm mi..
264 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
7548 pageviews
35 comments

Zo1987 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,528 | Props total: 0 0
Racist Brands

I didn't want to bring this up but this has been an issue that I have been meaning to address. Why is it that we black people go crazy over these clothing brands that don't even want us wearing their clothes, and no im not talking about Abercrombie and Fitch because i've seen black people in their ads. Im talking about brands like Gucci, Prada and Burberry. I know u guys read GQ and even gone to these companies website or even seen their fashion shows on youtube. I have yet to see black people model their clothes. To me that sends me a message that they don't want us wearing their clothes but they will gladly take our money. Please excuse the rant but lets have a healthy debate about this issue.

35 comments for "Racist Brands"

6 years ago '04        #2
Drug Free|M 11 heat pts11
space
space
$48,288 | Props total: 309 309
you got a white girl in your avatar.
 6 years ago '07        #3
DIPSET101 25 heat pts25
space
space
$8,038 | Props total: 1785 1785
lets have a healthy debate about those t*ts in ur avy.
 6 years ago '08        #4
menaceAbn 29 heat pts29
space
space
$1,724 | Props total: 7 7
my bad im on my cell phone. but i did google some of the big names and here are some links
also i know awhile back pherral(sp) was in a LV ad.

6 years ago '09        #5
DoWnAssBiTch 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$218 | Props total: 0 0
maybe its a for us by us type of deal
 6 years ago '07        #6
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,193 | Props total: 6 6
ever heard of the kalvin klein kompany? i bought one of their tees and the collar shrunk so much it felt like i was being lynched.

Last edited by Just1Spark; 05-23-2010 at 08:57 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #7
Killaaj 
space
space
$2,376 | Props total: 15 15
 JMayle said:
I'm sure there is some degree of snobbery with these types of companies, as in them not wanting the 6XL-white-tee-wearing, roughed up hood cat in their footwear, but not flat out racism. Kanye hooked up with Louis for his own model, and as Menace mentioned, Pharrel used to f**k with 'em pretty heavily. Maybe a jewelery line?? I don't quite remember. Anyway, point is that I don't believe they don't want non-white people wearing their fashions, as much as they don't want people of the "lower class" wearing their fashions. I'm sure that, in their eyes, a raggedy white person is just as bad as a raggedy black person, and that they don't want to be represented by either.

Who knows, though...It's not like any one of these companies is ever gonna' come out and say, "Yep, we're only for the whites." You're pretty much forced to give them the benefit of the doubt, or otherwise not put on their s**t.

U sound stupid as f**k... Money is green... You people are the ones thinking to hard about nothing.. I mean do you think first before u post
 05-23-2010, 01:06 PM         #8
Mark is King 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SHUT THE f**k UP WITH ALL THIS RACISM s**t SONNN. WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT b**ch...HOW U EXPECT RACISM TO END AND FOR PPL TO MOVE ON IF f*gS LIKE U BRING UP DUMB a.ss TOPICS LIKE THIS MAKING RACISM AN ISSUE OUT OF NOTHINGGG. I FROWN UPON PPL LIKE U WHO PREVENT OUR COUNTRY FROM MOVING AHEAD.
 05-23-2010, 01:07 PM         #9
1973a 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
adidas and puma were both started by nazis...
 6 years ago '04        #10
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 136 136
tommy hilfiger, sayin he dont wantblack people wearin his clothes.

and didnt timbaland say they dont want black people wearin their boots?
 6 years ago '08        #11
menaceAbn 29 heat pts29
space
space
$1,724 | Props total: 7 7
I thought the Tommy hillfiger thing was a nasty rumor and him and Oprah k!lled that
 6 years ago '05        #12
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$50,463 | Props total: 1827 1827
 Killaaj said:
U sound stupid as f**k... Money is green... You people are the ones thinking to hard about nothing.. I mean do you think first before u post
I actually thought he sounded pretty intelligent and well-spoken (Or in this case, well-written.), and presented valid points. To each his own, I guess.
 6 years ago '05        #13
younghova032003 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,588 | Props total: 5 5
I would really get into this but it dont seem a lot of people can have a decent convo w/that said there are a few out there...GIRBAUD
 6 years ago '06        #14
Isiah61 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,636 | Props total: 145 145
Fubu.
 05-23-2010, 02:57 PM         #15
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Are you kidding me?

So if there aren't any black people in their ads it means they are racist? Have you ever heard of a target demographic?
 6 years ago '05        #16
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,300 | Props total: 267 267
 Mark is King said:
SHUT THE f**k UP WITH ALL THIS RACISM s**t SONNN. WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT b**ch...HOW U EXPECT RACISM TO END AND FOR PPL TO MOVE ON IF f*gS LIKE U BRING UP DUMB a.ss TOPICS LIKE THIS MAKING RACISM AN ISSUE OUT OF NOTHINGGG. I FROWN UPON PPL LIKE U WHO PREVENT OUR COUNTRY FROM MOVING AHEAD.
so if we ignore racism, it will disappear?

Martin Luther King should've just imagined he was in the Bahamas then, maybe he'd still be alive today
 6 years ago '07        #17
sittinpretti 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,765 | Props total: 147 147
b.u.f.u
 6 years ago '06        #18
hooligun 11 heat pts11
space
space
$19,907 | Props total: 118 118
hollister
 6 years ago '07        #19
Zo1987 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,528 | Props total: 0 0
I mean, I know Louis Vuitton is cool, and so are any Jewish owned clothing brands such as Polo, American Eagle, Calvin Klein and Kenneth Cole. They have models from different races wear their stuff. I mean whens the last time u saw a black model in a Dolce and Gabanna or Armani ad? Its one thing to have a target audience where the majority of models are one race and have a few different races but when u have one race modeling the same clothing brand it sends red flags. I mean no brand is going to come out and say "I don't want this race wearing my clothes" but they can use the passive aggressive approach by not having a specific race model their clothes.

edit: preciate the pics menaceAbn

Last edited by Zo1987; 05-23-2010 at 04:22 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #20
JohnDoe 184 heat pts184
space
space
$10,997 | Props total: 536 536
 sittinpretti said:
b.u.f.u
Home      

most viewed right now
Jul 27 - McDonald's customers are 'exploiting' the company with a troubling ne..
53 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside WHYTE AZZ NATION @Kashy92
144 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Virdiisunique - Just My Type
46 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This is the type of chic niggas from Boston be loving 😂㈳..
77 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How The Food You Eat Used To Look Before Humans Changed Them
101 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 26 - ISIS storm church in Normandy France and behead priest
118 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Don't Know What to Say
158 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Home Alone Co-Star Daniel Stern Resurfaces After 26 Years!
60 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy