if you had $100,000 in your bank account, how would you invest it?

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #41
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
100K doesnt get you s**t for real estate...maybe one 2 bedroom house that wont appreciate much. Best bet would be to put it down to take out a loan and open a franchise. Subway, jimmy johns etc. These are things that almost always hold their own. How many mcdonalds have you seen shut down? I have not seen one in all honesty
 05-25-2010, 03:38 PM         #42
bklynnas9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everytime i start evaluating business opportunities/prospects i realize how much more money i need. need to start saving every penny
 8 years ago '04        #43
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,754 | Props total: 440 440
 bklynnas9 said:
the days of 10% downpayments are long gone my man
crazy as f**k...I got my house by only 5% down
 8 years ago '08        #44
j-dub82 
space
space
$1,933 | Props total: 54 54
 kkkid said:
wtf in what city do you get a house for 200k? not to mention you need some good income if your gonna have 3 mortgages. sub-prime is over. im guessing most of you suggesting invest in a homes arent home owners and dont know about property tax and all this bulls**t
almost any city in the south...i'm in baton rouge and bought my house, 3br 2ba 1400 sq ft, for $149k. if you don't live in a bigass city, then housing is pretty affordable
 8 years ago '08        #45
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
$30,271 | Props total: 8678 8678
 j-dub82 said:
almost any city in the south...i'm in baton rouge and bought my house, 3br 2ba 1400 sq ft, for $149k. if you don't live in a bigass city, then housing is pretty affordable
yep, in houston you can get a pretty big house for under 200k.
 05-29-2010, 07:55 PM         #46
Ed Bundy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
yep, in houston you can get a pretty big house for under 200k.
thats crazy...in ny, youre lucky to get a closet for 200k
 8 years ago '08        #47
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 Ed Bundy said:
thats crazy...in ny, youre lucky to get a closet for 200k
lol yeah, NY and LA are very expensive. i was in LA this past december and saw a 4 million dollar house that was smaller than some that cost like $150,000 over here....it did look nicer though lol
 8 years ago '07        #48
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Put it into the forex market... so I can add some more zeros to my acct.
 8 years ago '06        #49
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,691 | Props total: 8655 8655
Pay all of my debts /stay at a small apartment /finish college/ and save the rest for emergencies/ A 100.000 will go fast it aint really s**t but if you budget and make it last or stretch it. Then its all good.
 8 years ago '04        #50
brooklonsfinest 
space
space
$1,379 | Props total: 51 51
 o7media said:
stock market
you would loose all of your money. The stock market is s**t. I say this because, due to our recent depression, trillions of dollars were lost in the stock market. almost 10 years of economical gain disapearred. I wouldnt leave my money in the hands of greedy corperate f*gs.
 8 years ago '04        #51
brooklonsfinest 
space
space
$1,379 | Props total: 51 51
 Maroon_Tiger said:
better yet

BALANCED PORTFOLIO

40% stocks
40% percent bonds
18% interest savings acct
2% checking acct

assuming that all debt is payed off
nice thought. but too much weight on the stock market. id say more like 15% to 20% on stocks. and the difference would be put into bonds since they are much SAFER these days.
 8 years ago '06        #52
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
Put it in some high interest saving account.

I dont trust investing in companies or real estate nowadays.
 8 years ago '10        #53
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
Real estate is good, but you won't get s**t for 100k

I'd say a business. If you can maintain it and know how to run one...the outcome of it will come out great.
 8 years ago '08        #54
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 brooklonsfinest said:
you would loose all of your money. The stock market is s**t. I say this because, due to our recent depression, trillions of dollars were lost in the stock market. almost 10 years of economical gain disapearred. I wouldnt leave my money in the hands of greedy corperate f*gs.
that's because you don't know how to trade.

if there's any more bad news that would cause a crash, anybody can get rich in the stock market. the idiots who lost trillions of dollars are people who buy buy buy thinking the world is made out of fluffy bunnies and marsh mallows.

the beauty of the stock market is that you can make money in a good economy and a bad economy. if the market is s**t, you can get rich and it's very easy. all you do is buy put options on market leaders or short them. if you're in a bull rally, you go long.
 7 years ago '05        #55
rprose 
space
space
$703 | Props total: 129 129
Real estate hands down. In addition to a lot of great comments, the one I haven't seen is in regards to taxes...
Buy a franchise or start a business- Work yourself as a manager and get taxed at your income rate.
Stocks - IF you make money and you want to take it out, pay fees on it. The dividend tax is going up to 40%. Capital gains is going up to 20%. If it is your day job, then it is your profession and you get taxed at your income rate.
Real Estate - Depreciation alone will significantly decrease your taxable income. Passive income is the least taxed income of the 3 types (Earned/Portfolio/Passive).

So if your looking to keep the money you spend and use it as an accelerate to create more wealth while having your money work for you, then buy real estate.
 07-27-2010, 11:13 AM         #56
XsameX1XotherX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Perhaps a cheap helicopter. Give ppl rides for a payment. Even do some training for money. Of course you'd have to take training courses in how to fly and land a chopper yourself, and get your pilot license.
 07-29-2010, 09:20 AM         #57
TiPZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:

if there's any more bad news that would cause a crash, anybody can get rich in the stock market. the idiots who lost trillions of dollars are people who buy buy buy thinking the world is made out of fluffy bunnies and marsh mallows.

the beauty of the stock market is that you can make money in a good economy and a bad economy. if the market is s**t, you can get rich and it's very easy. all you do is buy put options on market leaders or short them. if you're in a bull rally, you go long.
media stay sonning these imbeciles
 7 years ago '04        #58
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,459 | Props total: 1239 1239
any more info on bonds?
 08-02-2010, 09:23 AM         #59
Ed Bundy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiPZ said:
media stay sonning these imbeciles
yea but he dont spill the beans on how its done
 7 years ago '05        #60
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,035 | Props total: 1226 1226
 o7media said:

cramer on mad money has actually made me some money, plus my boss put me on to some good dividend stocks, im at the point where I dont have to add really anymoney s**t is re-investing itself every quarter, phk and rqi have made me a few thousand since last october.
Stock is beautiful in the long run, but if your just trying to make quick cash You need to be real careful, even the best take huge hits in GOOD markets

But to Real estate the 100k can get u 5 properties you can flip. I haven't done myself but My real estate instructor basically explained to us the basics of how he flips houses and then went on to apartment buildings, and he started with 25k

Last edited by hbk83; 08-08-2010 at 11:41 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy