if you had $100,000 in your bank account, how would you invest it?

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
109 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-23-2010, 11:08 AM         #21
Ed Bundy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mr_underground said:
Thats not Warrens only source of income or business, its only one of them. To put your money their with no other a.ssets...thats not a good idea...I've invested in the markets, won some, lost some, but its ok because of the other sources. All I'm saying is its a bad idea to all your egg in a fast moving basket like that. The learning curve is to steep, and you can lose anything at anytime, a earthquake can destroy your real estate too. If you don't think real estate is still a more sound choice if possible, ask Ray kroc the founder of mcdonlads, he did start it to feed people, that business bought a s**tload of real estate for lasting wealth.

Personally I would rather collect checks every month without doing anything because I put forth effort early on, than to constantly watch the markets, I would rather watch the markets part-time and use play money personally.

So i'm not bashing the market itself, I compare it my world of marketing and advertising, if you think you can just start an adwords account, start bidding and you're going get tons of traffic most likely you're going to lose all your money because of the learning curve and what a mistake costs. I think its the same in markets, start small and learn the ropes before invest large amounts....investing large amounts in something you know nothing about and isn't straight forward is kinda dumb IMO. Real Estate doesn't move as fast as the market so its easier for a beginner IMO.
what kind of real estate would you buy?

and why not do 2 things...for example, spend 60k on real estate, and 40k on a club or something (with a partner) ?
 8 years ago '08        #22
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
$30,214 | Props total: 8639 8639
 mr_underground said:
Thats not Warrens only source of income or business, its only one of them. To put your money their with no other a.ssets...thats not a good idea...I've invested in the markets, won some, lost some, but its ok because of the other sources. All I'm saying is its a bad idea to all your egg in a fast moving basket like that. The learning curve is to steep, and you can lose anything at anytime, a earthquake can destroy your real estate too. If you don't think real estate is still a more sound choice if possible, ask Ray kroc the founder of mcdonlads, he did start it to feed people, that business bought a s**tload of real estate for lasting wealth.

Personally I would rather collect checks every month without doing anything because I put forth effort early on, than to constantly watch the markets, I would rather watch the markets part-time and use play money personally.

So i'm not bashing the market itself, I compare it my world of marketing and advertising, if you think you can just start an adwords account, start bidding and you're going get tons of traffic most likely you're going to lose all your money because of the learning curve and what a mistake costs. I think its the same in markets, start small and learn the ropes before invest large amounts....investing large amounts in something you know nothing about and isn't straight forward is kinda dumb IMO. Real Estate doesn't move as fast as the market so its easier for a beginner IMO.
Well of course, I didn't say to put all 100 grand in the stock market at once.

What I would do is take maybe 25k out and diversify my portfolio in the markets. Invest in undervalued companies, and let my money grow.

The problem with something like real estate investing is that you need a lot of start up capital to do something like that. If you're buying land, or buying houses and fixing them up...that takes a lot of money. Compare that to something like the stock market where you can start with as much as you feel comfortable with.
 8 years ago '06        #23
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 6 6
 o7media said:
Well of course, I didn't say to put all 100 grand in the stock market at once.

What I would do is take maybe 25k out and diversify my portfolio in the markets. Invest in undervalued companies, and let my money grow.

The problem with something like real estate investing is that you need a lot of start up capital to do something like that. If you're buying land, or buying houses and fixing them up...that takes a lot of money. Compare that to something like the stock market where you can start with as much as you feel comfortable with.
Real Estate does take alot of start up capital but most investors rarely use there own money. I am sure you have heard of OPM "other people's money". There are things like owner finance, private money, hard money, and other options that can allow you to get into some properties virtually without any money out of your own pocket.

Most investors I know that have the money to buy a property out right still finance because they do not want all there money tied up in one property. But like anything else, it takes some education to know about these options and how to do them correctly.

Last edited by bookerx3; 05-23-2010 at 12:30 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #24
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 bookerx3 said:
Real Estate does take alot of start up capital but most investors rarely use there own money. I am sure you have heard of OPM "other people's money". There are things like owner finance, private money, hard money, and other options that can allow you to get into some properties virtually without any money out of your own pocket.

Most investors I know that have the money to buy a property out right still finance because they do not want all there money tied up in one property. But like anything else, it takes some education to know about these options and how to do them correctly.
You're right, but you have to pay that money back. It's a loan..if you use another persons money, you're going to have to pay it back.

So yes, you initially may not have to use your own money...but if you borrow money, you're just putting yourself in debt. You may be able to pay it back IF you're successful, but then you have to look at interest.

I didn't say real estate is a bad investment, but it's definitely NOT the best.

I do have to say though, I'm a full time stock trader, so I do have a biased opinion. Just sharing my opinions though. I personally think the stock market is and will always have the best investment opportunities. You can make money in a bull, bear, or sideways market. That's the beauty of it. Whether the economy is good or bad, there's always money to be made in the stock market because you can short stocks if the economy is bad. I don't think it's as easy to make money in housing in a bad economy. And that goes with any other investments other than stocks IMO.
 8 years ago '06        #25
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
 o7media said:
You're right, but you have to pay that money back. It's a loan..if you use another persons money, you're going to have to pay it back.

So yes, you initially may not have to use your own money...but if you borrow money, you're just putting yourself in debt. You may be able to pay it back IF you're successful, but then you have to look at interest.

I do have to say though, I'm a full time stock trader, so I do have a biased opinion. Just sharing my opinions though. I personally think the stock market is and will always have the best investment opportunities. You can make money in a bull, bear, or sideways market. That's the beauty of it. Whether the economy is good or bad, there's always money to be made in the stock market because you can short stocks if the economy is bad. I don't think it's as easy to make money in housing in a bad economy. And that goes with any other investments other than stocks IMO.
Understood, I'm not knocking the markets either real estate is just my investment vehicle of choice. I also am biased towards real estate because that is what I invest in. You are also right about it being a loan that you will have to payback, but those are things you need to factor in before even closing on a property. If it does not have cash flow after all bills are payed then on to the next.

I really do not think there is a BEST investment vehicle, it is all up to the investor. Real estate can make money in any market as well. In rough economic times people are more incline to rent as opposed to buy thus why rentals are great cash flow now. In good times appreciation is where it is at. You just have to be able to use multiple strategies and you will be fine in any economy good or bad.

I also plan on getting into the market one day myself. The way to true wealth is holding as much as you can for as long as you can and I am not going to limit my investing to real estate. So like I said before, I am not knocking the hustle but it is just not for me right now.

Last edited by bookerx3; 05-23-2010 at 02:48 PM..
 05-23-2010, 03:30 PM         #26
Ed Bundy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:

what in your opinion IS the best? (besides stocks)
 8 years ago '08        #27
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 Ed Bundy said:
what in your opinion IS the best? (besides stocks)
i would say some kind of business.
 8 years ago '04        #28
Salty Nuts 
space
space
$1,073 | Props total: 0 0
pr0n.
I'd throw a cocaine party in a vegas penthouse, hire Jayden James, and film it.
 8 years ago '04        #29
Salty Nuts 
space
space
$1,073 | Props total: 0 0
 Ed Bundy said:
what kind of real estate would you buy?

and why not do 2 things...for example, spend 60k on real estate, and 40k on a club or something (with a partner) ?
60k for real estate, 40k for a club?

you don't live in an area where other people actually want to live, do you?
 8 years ago '06        #30
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
 Salty Nuts said:
60k for real estate, 40k for a club?

you don't live in an area where other people actually want to live, do you?
I am guessing he would not pay 60k for a house out right. He would be better off breaking that 60k up and putting 20k down on three 200k houses then financing the rest.
 05-23-2010, 10:12 PM         #31
Ed Bundy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bookerx3 said:
I am guessing he would not pay 60k for a house out right. He would be better off breaking that 60k up and putting 20k down on three 200k houses then financing the rest.
exactly...something like that

and i said 40k for a club WITH a partner...
 8 years ago '08        #32
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 Salty Nuts said:
pr0n.
I'd throw a cocaine party in a vegas penthouse, hire Jayden James, and film it.
 8 years ago '05        #33
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,711 | Props total: 749 749
 bookerx3 said:
wtf in what city do you get a house for 200k? not to mention you need some good income if your gonna have 3 mortgages. sub-prime is over. im guessing most of you suggesting invest in a homes arent home owners and dont know about property tax and all this bulls**t

Last edited by kkkid; 05-24-2010 at 05:46 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #34
SCRIP1ONER 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,374 | Props total: 66 66
id buy a bunch of hookers and cocaine and make it rain up in that b**ch
 05-24-2010, 08:07 AM         #35
bklynnas9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bookerx3 said:
the days of 10% downpayments are long gone my man
 8 years ago '06        #36
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
 kkkid said:
wtf in what city do you get a house for 200k? not to mention you need some good income if your gonna have 3 mortgages. sub-prime is over. im guessing most of you suggesting invest in a homes arent home owners and dont know about property tax and all this bulls**t
I am in Denver and there are houses for 200k all over. Not sure what market you are in but here they range all across the board. I have some multi-unit properties in my inbox that I received over the last few days from my real estate agent ranging from 80k to 330k. I just looked at a REO property today for 130k. If you want I could send them your way just so you can see they do exist.

You are right about needing good income to cover the mortgages. If your properties rental income does not cover your mortgage and still yield a profit then you need to pass on that deal. This as well as taxes, fix up cost, closing cost, broker fees, average days on market, comps, etc are all things you need to factor in before closing on a deal.

the days of 10% downpayments are long gone my man
With a traditional lender like a bank you are right. They will ask for atleast 20-25% down, but there are other ways to purchase the property. If you were to seller finance you could get 10% down, it just depends on how you draw up the terms.
 8 years ago '09        #37
iAM2 
space
space
$258 | Props total: 95 95

Last edited by iAM2; 10-03-2017 at 08:01 AM..
 05-25-2010, 12:47 PM         #38
bklynnas9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iAM2 said:
brothel or a strippy and have tha rest to fall back on.. at tha end of tha day all you really need is some G and you get THEE most important/core part of the business 'b**ches' and tha rest is just to make it a main attraction.. s**t idk about you people but i got connects for damn near everything so everything that has to do with the construction part of the biz i could get handled for great prices.. so the only thing i see in the way is the Class-A liqour license but i know n*ggas that got them for sale too they just want crazy bread for it..

or a gas station

in my opinion.. Gas & pus*y will NEVER stop selling.. atleast in my lifetime i dont see it ending no time soon.. theres roughly about 6.4 Billion vehicles on the Road in this world AND prostitution is a hustle that tracks back to the most earliest of times..

but anyway..thats just me..
haha thats pretty much true.

how much does a gas station cost vs. gross?
 05-25-2010, 02:40 PM         #39
Ed Bundy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iAM2 said:
brothel or a strippy and have tha rest to fall back on.. at tha end of tha day all you really need is some G and you get THEE most important/core part of the business 'b**ches' and tha rest is just to make it a main attraction.. s**t idk about you people but i got connects for damn near everything so everything that has to do with the construction part of the biz i could get handled for great prices.. so the only thing i see in the way is the Class-A liqour license but i know n*ggas that got them for sale too they just want crazy bread for it..

or a gas station

in my opinion.. Gas & pus*y will NEVER stop selling.. atleast in my lifetime i dont see it ending no time soon.. theres roughly about 6.4 Billion vehicles on the Road in this world AND prostitution is a hustle that tracks back to the most earliest of times..

i agree about pus*y and gas...i thought about opening a gas station once...but im not sure how much it costs...has to be more than 100k though..
 8 years ago '06        #40
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
 iAM2 said:

or a gas station

Yea not a bad idea. I had class a while back with a guy whose father owned a gas station. He told me that that really do not make much at all from the gas itself, the profits come from all the snacks. But either way their family was still sitting nice because they owned a few of them.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy