Iverson Prime > Kobe All-Time

most viewed right now
 140
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 87
Steph Kegels
100 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 53
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 05-23-2010, 07:14 AM         #161
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
Iverson is one of the greatest scorers in history, and there was a time that he was considered the best scorer in the league, but he was never anything more than that. He was never a rebounder and he shot horribly from the field. While he did get a.ssists, he was never considered a playmaker. He led the league in steals due to gambling, but he was never considered a good defender. Many of Iverson's shortcomings as a basketball player were due to his build. He was physically at a disadvantage when it comes to being a complete player. At 6' tall(and from some estimates he was more like 5'10-5'11) 165 pounds he couldn't play in the post, he wasn't that good on the boards, he couldn't defend bigger guards, he wasn't going to block many shots, and he wasn't fundamentally sound. As a scorer, I can understand, but as a basketball player, it's not even close, and Kobe has had the better career.
My point Exactly... n*gga said somebody 6'0" wasnt a rebounder & he wasnt going to block any shots... Thats what you look for in a point guard a rebounding, shot blocker.. I swear you n*ggas is retarded..


 ginobili 20 said:
this f*g posted his career top ten list after admitting that he watched no bb in the 90's and still had iverson ranked over hakeem
I clearly said I started watching basketball in 90, I said I wouldnt put no cats in the 80's cause I didnt watch much bball in the 80's i was 9 in 1990. n*gga learn how to read, and I also said that it was in no order except Jordan and Tim Duncan... Learn to read FAM!!!

WOW u actually have Ray Allen in your top 20 and u think hes better than Kobe.
Thats hard to believe right? n*gga thats going to go down in history with the all-time makes in 3pt shots, hall of famer, and can get his shot off any time, not to mention he beat Kobe in the Finals and took one out of the so called great ones collection...Yea he's no good I should put him in my top 1000 behind Kevin Willis, and Theo Ratliff..
 05-23-2010, 07:21 AM         #162
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ginobili 20 said:
thank u, it looks like i'm s**tting on AI, kind of am a bit to be honest only cause u get sick of the AI lead a bunch of BUMS to the finals bs.... i NEVER seen a team play with more heart then this squad... u could tell when they interviewed them they were insulted with AI not showing up for practice but instead of throwing him under the bus they used it as motivation as a bunch of cast aways to f!ght threw it... real s**t, u notice nobody ever retailiated when teams were setting dirty screens on AI and putting extra spice on the hard fouls.. matt geiger was the only cat, go figure to stand up for him, by attacking reggie miller... kinda proves the point they played to spite him a bit as much as they wanted to win.... and like u said snow would cover all the bigger 2 guards and occasionaly guard the pgs if needed be... nice luxury to have pretty sure hill either lead the league in o board or was top 3 at the worse, and did all the dirty work setting screens.. ratliff lead the league in blocks before the trade for mutumbo.. lynch is a cat u wanna go in the trenches with and locked up a lot of favorite teams players... u right larry brown got everybody to play thier role pefectly from the smallest detail possible...bottom line cats just gonna copy n paste that roster... and s**t on them cats to build up AI's legacy of taking bums to the finals least some cats like us get it anyway

What the f**k does heart have to do with Talent? They were a bunch of bums that played Hard for Iverson.. That makes em a good team? It made that Philly team memorable but thats it. Go head and tell me what that squad went to go do without Iverson? I know its nothing, but i'll wait...
 05-23-2010, 07:25 AM         #163
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bedlam said:
lol at this thread. Anyone with half a brain knows if Kobe didn't have Shaq, he would've outscored AI every single year while shooting a better %. Just like he did in 05-06 when he didn't have Shaq anymore, he went for 35 a game, with tons of 50 point games, same thing in 06-07. And back in 03, when Shaq went down with an injury, Kobe went off for 40 in 9 straight games with a few 50 point games... I mean come on.

People saying AI are just mad at Kobe.
Another motherf**ker just proving my point, you Kobe stans just bury yourselves every time ya talk.

So Kobe went on to score all them points, and his team missed the playoffs, and never made it out the first round.. Shows how great he was. Notice how Iverson scored all them points and actually helped his team. Kobe scored a bunch of points and hurt his team.. But go head you just proved your a dumb a.ss that doesnt know s**t about basketball, and all you do is ride Kobes nut sacks...

All this Iverson was a great scorer and thats it, sounds so cliche. Why is the Zone in the NBA? I bet it was put in place for Kobe... n*gga Iverson was so good DAVID STERN got sick of him destroying n*ggas 1 on 1, so he felt the need to allow 3 players to guard Iverson at all times...

What has Kobe changed in the league...? I know its nothing but i'll wait...
 8 years ago '09        #164
six6nine9wpk 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 778 778
 A.O.™ said:
Another motherf**ker just proving my point, you Kobe stans just bury yourselves every time ya talk.

So Kobe went on to score all them points, and his team missed the playoffs, and never made it out the first round.. Shows how great he was. Notice how Iverson scored all them points and actually helped his team. Kobe scored a bunch of points and hurt his team.. But go head you just proved your a dumb a.ss that doesnt know s**t about basketball, and all you do is ride Kobes nut sacks...

All this Iverson was a great scorer and thats it, sounds so cliche. Why is the Zone in the NBA? I bet it was put in place for Kobe... n*gga Iverson was so good DAVID STERN got sick of him destroying n*ggas 1 on 1, so he felt the need to allow 3 players to guard Iverson at all times...

What has Kobe changed in the league...? I know its nothing but i'll wait...
n*gga the zone was implemented to stop shaq you f**king moron! A zone dosnt work well on swingmen in the NBA, because first off most nba players will knockdown the a shot if left opened(in a zone someone is always open) and the other reason is theres a 3 secound reset rule; by simply running a spread offense you can off set a zone in the NBA.

You simply cant compare AI to Kobe. Kobe is a better shooter, better defender, better passer, better in the low box, better rebounder.... Man f**k it is this even a argument.
 05-23-2010, 08:22 AM         #165
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 six6nine9wpk said:
n*gga the zone was implemented to stop shaq you f**king moron! A zone dosnt work well on swingmen in the NBA, because first off most nba players will knockdown the a shot if left opened(in a zone someone is always open) and the other reason is theres a 3 secound reset rule; by simply running a spread offense you can off set a zone in the NBA.

You simply cant compare AI to Kobe. Kobe is a better shooter, better defender, better passer, better in the low box, better rebounder.... Man f**k it is this even a argument.
Iverson is not a swing man hes an anomaly, a**hole. As Shaq was. But the zone allowed so everybody can watch Iverson when he had the ball in his hands.. Your stupid a.ss thinks a defense that is designed to clog the lanes, and force a players to shoot jump shots was put in place to stop a center who is kicking out to players for open shots.. f**king moron...
 8 years ago '09        #166
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$6,504 | Props total: 7311 7311
i heard it all. zone was brought back because of iverson......wow,dude just give up, ur trolling is laughable.
Posted via Mobile Device
 05-23-2010, 10:55 AM         #167
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WasabiTuna said:
i heard it all. zone was brought back because of iverson......wow,dude just give up, ur trolling is laughable.
Posted via Mobile Device

[video - click to view]


Thats the first you heard of it..
 8 years ago '05        #168
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 A.O.™ said:
Another motherf**ker just proving my point, you Kobe stans just bury yourselves every time ya talk.

So Kobe went on to score all them points, and his team missed the playoffs, and never made it out the first round.. Shows how great he was. Notice how Iverson scored all them points and actually helped his team. Kobe scored a bunch of points and hurt his team.. But go head you just proved your a dumb a.ss that doesnt know s**t about basketball, and all you do is ride Kobes nut sacks...

All this Iverson was a great scorer and thats it, sounds so cliche. Why is the Zone in the NBA? I bet it was put in place for Kobe... n*gga Iverson was so good DAVID STERN got sick of him destroying n*ggas 1 on 1, so he felt the need to allow 3 players to guard Iverson at all times...

What has Kobe changed in the league...? I know its nothing but i'll wait...
tell me what iverson did without the rest of those players, he hasnt even gotten out of the second round...theres a reason that team was the furthest he ever been in the playoffs. he has played on more talented teams, but that was the best team he ever played on. i can tell you never watched sixers games
 05-23-2010, 01:18 PM         #169
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
tell me what iverson did without the rest of those players, he hasnt even gotten out of the second round...theres a reason that team was the furthest he ever been in the playoffs. he has played on more talented teams, but that was the best team he ever played on. i can tell you never watched sixers games
What has Kobe done without Shaq and Gasol? Hasnt made it out the 1st ROUND? what point are you trying to make? It may have been the best team he's played on but Iverson as the lone gunner he couldnt get out the 2nd round.. big knock.. Kobe as the lone gunner couldnt get out the first round with a 3-1 lead... again... stop tryna fault somebody and the player your tryna boost hasnt done NOTHING ALONE... When Phoenix came back and won that series.. How many times has that been done before??????? How many times has a team been blown out by 39 in a elimination game????? come on fam.. Kobe is not god.
 8 years ago '05        #170
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 A.O.™ said:
What has Kobe done without Shaq and Gasol? Hasnt made it out the 1st ROUND? what point are you trying to make? It may have been the best team he's played on but Iverson as the lone gunner he couldnt get out the 2nd round.. big knock.. Kobe as the lone gunner couldnt get out the first round with a 3-1 lead... again... stop tryna fault somebody and the player your tryna boost hasnt done NOTHING ALONE... When Phoenix came back and won that series.. How many times has that been done before??????? How many times has a team been blown out by 39 in a elimination game????? come on fam.. Kobe is not god.
fault somebody? fault them for what, there is nothing to place fault on? fact of the matter is iverson has played on more talented teams then the team that went to the finals, but that roster was made for iverson to succeed because to build around iverson you need players that are going to defend and rebound and let iverson score because thats how he wanted it
 05-23-2010, 01:54 PM         #171
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
fault somebody? fault them for what, there is nothing to place fault on? fact of the matter is iverson has played on more talented teams then the team that went to the finals, but that roster was made for iverson to succeed because to build around iverson you need players that are going to defend and rebound and let iverson score because thats how he wanted it
Did it work? They didnt win the chip but they competed for one.. So a system where guys just rebound and play defense around Iverson worked, problem is when he played with more talented guys they had to much pride and didnt want to be rebounders and defenders thats all.
 8 years ago '05        #172
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 A.O.™ said:
Did it work? They didnt win the chip but they competed for one.. So a system where guys just rebound and play defense around Iverson worked, problem is when he played with more talented guys they had to much pride and didnt want to be rebounders and defenders thats all.
come on homie you just arguing for the sake of arguing now. when he went to denver they got knocked out the first round two years in a row. they trade him to detroit and getting billups and go to the conference finals. im sure you'll find an excuse for that but it is what it is. im not knocking iverson im a sixers fan and he is my favorite player ever, but what im saying is something that every sixers fan knows because we watched the guy and the team for 11 years here and saw how he operated.
 8 years ago '06        #173
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,360 | Props total: 557 557
 A.O.™ said:
My point Exactly... n*gga said somebody 6'0" wasnt a rebounder & he wasnt going to block any shots... Thats what you look for in a point guard a rebounding, shot blocker.. I swear you n*ggas is retarded..




I clearly said I started watching basketball in 90, I said I wouldnt put no cats in the 80's cause I didnt watch much bball in the 80's i was 9 in 1990. n*gga learn how to read, and I also said that it was in no order except Jordan and Tim Duncan... Learn to read FAM!!!



Thats hard to believe right? n*gga thats going to go down in history with the all-time makes in 3pt shots, hall of famer, and can get his shot off any time, not to mention he beat Kobe in the Finals and took one out of the so called great ones collection...Yea he's no good I should put him in my top 1000 behind Kevin Willis, and Theo Ratliff..
I stated that the fact that he is 6' tall means that he had a disadvantage when it comes to being a complete player. He can't possibly do all the things that Kobe does. As a scorer, yes Iverson is great, but he wasn't great at anything else. Kobe is a great scorer as well, and a more complete basketball player. In addition to scoring, he can do things that Iverson isn't capable of. Also, I just left a thread about Magic Johnson saying Rondo was the best PG in NBA. In that thread someone says that D. Rose was a better player than Rondo, and that Rondo was playing so well because he was playing with 3 HOFers. You then responded by saying, and I quote

"My point is stop talking about "WHAT IF" and "BECAUSE THIS" and "HE HAS THIS" and deal with the Facts... Rondo plays with KG, PP, and RA thats it get over it. D.Rose plays with Joakim Noah, while individual talent D.Rose > Rondo (Rondo being my favorite player I can admit it) but.. because of their teams and their success Rondo > Rose...".

Yet in this thread you listed 20 plus players that you believed to better than Kobe, most of which haven't accomplished half of what Kobe has, nor are they as talented as Kobe.
 05-23-2010, 02:50 PM         #174
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Armen87 said:
what has shaq done witout penny, kobe, wade, lebron? lol. There's a reason why lakers weren't doing s**t in the playoffs until kobe got better.
Without Penny, he won a chip with Kobe, without Kobe he won a chip with D-Wade, and after D-Wade his career was over so I dont care about the Lebron and Phoenix fiascos. But no Center has ever gotten it done alone, so Shaq always needed that great 2G, and it worked well in his career. Remember even though Shaq used to bicker with Kobe alot, he wanted to play with Kobe, but their personalities clashed too much and it ended...

 StateProperty88 said:
come on homie you just arguing for the sake of arguing now. when he went to denver they got knocked out the first round two years in a row. they trade him to detroit and getting billups and go to the conference finals. im sure you'll find an excuse for that but it is what it is. im not knocking iverson im a sixers fan and he is my favorite player ever, but what im saying is something that every sixers fan knows because we watched the guy and the team for 11 years here and saw how he operated.
Logically thinking.. Did Iverson lose both times in the first round to LA? All Denver did that year was get the 2nd seed and didnt have to play LA til the CONF Finals, when they went ahead and lost to the Lakers, I honestly dont see much of a difference except the CONF FINALS team didnt get swept.

 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
I stated that the fact that he is 6' tall means that he had a disadvantage when it comes to being a complete player. He can't possibly do all the things that Kobe does. As a scorer, yes Iverson is great, but he wasn't great at anything else. Kobe is a great scorer as well, and a more complete basketball player. In addition to scoring, he can do things that Iverson isn't capable of. Also, I just left a thread about Magic Johnson saying Rondo was the best PG in NBA. In that thread someone says that D. Rose was a better player than Rondo, and that Rondo was playing so well because he was playing with 3 HOFers. You then responded by saying, and I quote

"My point is stop talking about "WHAT IF" and "BECAUSE THIS" and "HE HAS THIS" and deal with the Facts... Rondo plays with KG, PP, and RA thats it get over it. D.Rose plays with Joakim Noah, while individual talent D.Rose > Rondo (Rondo being my favorite player I can admit it) but.. because of their teams and their success Rondo > Rose...".

Yet in this thread you listed 20 plus players that you believed to better than Kobe, most of which haven't accomplished half of what Kobe has, nor are they as talented as Kobe.
Yea but take the ERA most of them played in.. Most played in Jordans glory days, and the rest played in KOBE & SHAQS glory days. I mean Malone and Stockton went to back to back finals,only lose to the same man twice. Barkley lost to Mike in the Finals.. Barkley's a MVP, Malones a MVP. Everybody on my list is an ALL-STAR.. Maybe they werent lucky enough to share the same team success as Kobe, but all in their PRIMES were PRIMETIME players.

Like I said Kobe is a great talent, but he gets better with great players around him.. I cant knock him for that.. But I got to see 2 Kobes. The Kobe that couldnt get it done, and the Kobe that could. You guys seem to not want to acknowledge the Kobe that COULDNT, and only want to focus on the KOBE that could. Think about when Gasol got to LA, what seed were they? I think they were like 4th or 5th.. Gasol came in and they finished the season what? 27-5 or something crazy like that. And since then its been back to back to back finals apperances, and the no.1 seed what 3 years in a row now? Other players help elevate Kobes game and its not a knock on him, but I just cant give him all the credit like you guys do. I'm sorry.
 05-23-2010, 02:55 PM         #175
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.O.™ said:

Like I said Kobe is a great talent, but he gets better with great players around him.. I cant knock him for that.. But I got to see 2 Kobes. The Kobe that couldnt get it done, and the Kobe that could. You guys seem to not want to acknowledge the Kobe that COULDNT, and only want to focus on the KOBE that could. Think about when Gasol got to LA, what seed were they? I think they were like 4th or 5th.. Gasol came in and they finished the season what? 27-5 or something crazy like that. And since then its been back to back to back finals apperances, and the no.1 seed what 3 years in a row now? Other players help elevate Kobes game and its not a knock on him, but I just cant give him all the credit like you guys do. I'm sorry.
The Lakers were the #1 seed before Bynum got injured that year and before Gasol came. Good try...
 05-23-2010, 02:57 PM         #176
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
The Lakers were the #1 seed before Bynum got injured that year and before Gasol came. Good try...
What seed were they when they got GASOL? were they the first seed the whole time? If so, good for them.. I mistakes I'm human, and it was 3 years ago.. sue me..
 8 years ago '05        #177
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
What player has ever done anything alone? Even Jordan had Pippen. Nobody can win a title without help.. the GOOT got kicked out of the first round of the playoffs when he didn't have any help.

Either way, career wise Kobe is better than Iverson. Everyone knows it and you've already admitted this is just a shock thread. I swear there is like two haters on this site and they make different accounts to post on. You all act exactly alike.
 05-23-2010, 03:19 PM         #178
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:

Either way, career wise Kobe is better than Iverson..

Again elaborate.. Individually Iverson has accomplished more than Kobe, withi his team Kobe has accomplished more than Iverson...

And this is in no way a shock thread.. I said no matter what I say about Kobe, you kobe condoms will come out the woodworks.. and I wasnt wrong..
 05-23-2010, 03:20 PM         #179
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You motherf**kers got me going back and forth so much, im forgetting to do my actual job.
 8 years ago '06        #180
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,360 | Props total: 557 557
 A.O.™ said:
Without Penny, he won a chip with Kobe, without Kobe he won a chip with D-Wade, and after D-Wade his career was over so I dont care about the Lebron and Phoenix fiascos. But no Center has ever gotten it done alone, so Shaq always needed that great 2G, and it worked well in his career. Remember even though Shaq used to bicker with Kobe alot, he wanted to play with Kobe, but their personalities clashed too much and it ended...



Logically thinking.. Did Iverson lose both times in the first round to LA? All Denver did that year was get the 2nd seed and didnt have to play LA til the CONF Finals, when they went ahead and lost to the Lakers, I honestly dont see much of a difference except the CONF FINALS team didnt get swept.



Yea but take the ERA most of them played in.. Most played in Jordans glory days, and the rest played in KOBE & SHAQS glory days. I mean Malone and Stockton went to back to back finals,only lose to the same man twice. Barkley lost to Mike in the Finals.. Barkley's a MVP, Malones a MVP. Everybody on my list is an ALL-STAR.. Maybe they werent lucky enough to share the same team success as Kobe, but all in their PRIMES were PRIMETIME players.

Like I said Kobe is a great talent, but he gets better with great players around him.. I cant knock him for that.. But I got to see 2 Kobes. The Kobe that couldnt get it done, and the Kobe that could. You guys seem to not want to acknowledge the Kobe that COULDNT, and only want to focus on the KOBE that could. Think about when Gasol got to LA, what seed were they? I think they were like 4th or 5th.. Gasol came in and they finished the season what? 27-5 or something crazy like that. And since then its been back to back to back finals apperances, and the no.1 seed what 3 years in a row now? Other players help elevate Kobes game and its not a knock on him, but I just cant give him all the credit like you guys do. I'm sorry.
You yourself said not talk about "what ifs", "because this", "he has this". You also defend Shaq by saying no center has gotten done alone. No player has gotten it done alone, and need quality players around them, so how can you discredit Kobe for not winning with the team he played with in between Shaq and Gasol. You rank guys like Ray Allen, who didn't get close to winning as the main option and didn't win until he was teamed up with two other great players, ahead of Kobe. The same can be said about Pierce and KG. Gary Payton and Clyde Drexler didn't win until the end of their careers as role players on good teams. Chris Weber, Vince Carter, and Patrick Ewing didn't win many individual awards, aren't statistically better than Kobe, and didn't win any championships. Iverson, Miller and Barkley, while great, only had one real shot at a title and all came up short. Stockton and Malone, are two HOF players, two of the top 50 players of all-time, together they couldn't get it done. And by the logic that you use to discredit Kobe, Pippen can't be ranked ahead of Kobe either. He had the benefit of playing alongside the GOAT, and was unsuccessful when he played without him. The bottom line is Kobe is a four time champion, and in a position to win more. No "what ifs", no excuses, it is what it is.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 67
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 30
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy