Backbreaker Demo coming ASAP

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #141
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,631 | Props total: 16722 16722
For the last five years, there's only been one player on the NFL video game field: EA's Madden. But with sales on a downward trend, the series is showing rare signs of weakness. Enter Backbreaker - a hungry, new breed of game intent on changing the way we play football. But how is it different from Madden?

The first thing you'll notice about Backbreaker football is that it uses an up close and personal camera perspective to put you right in the middle of a given play. Instead of following the action from a bird's eye view a la Madden, you'll look right over your player's shoulder. Rob Donald, the game's a.ssociate Producer, put it in perspective for us: "If you are running down the sidelines and into the endzone, then for the first time you SEE the crowd cheering you on."

This up-close perspective will add a lot of oomph to the game's hits. And so will developer NaturalMotion's proprietary Euphoria Engine. Instead of relying on motion capture, the Euphoria engine uses physics to figure out how every collision would actually happen. As Donald puts it, "We’ve managed to do away with tackle animations entirely." Instead of canned sequences, Backbreaker will just open cans of you-know-what.

Despite the name Backbreaker, these impressive collisions will never lead to actual injuries. Unlike Madden and other football games that use a statistical model to randomly create concussions, sprains and breaks, Backbreaker will do away with injuries entirely. While this certainly creates a bit of cognitive dissonance (what could Backbreaker possibly refer to?), Donald says the team "decided to wait until we could properly represent injuries," noting that "it's not a big step from where we are right now."

While it will be impossible to break a player's back, it should be easy to deliver a big hit, thanks to the game's commitment to simpler analog stick controls. Instead of relying on lots of face buttons (the Xs, Triangles, and Os of modern controllers), Backbreaker puts most of its moves on the right analog stick, and then uses the L and R triggers to modify the commands. For instance, if you're a running back then you'll be able to juke by tapping the R stick left and right. However, if you hold the R trigger down, you become aggressive, run faster, and deliver stiff arms with the same left and right movements of the R-stick.

Of course, another thing that separates Backbreaker from Madden is the lack of an official license. But Donald and company see this as an advantage. Says the producer, "Without a license you get to do what you want. You can be creative and are free to bring in your own ideas without being tied to the same thing year in year out." In the case of Backbreaker, this means building your own team from the ground up and then competing with it. Just because the Dallas Cowboys aren't in the game from the start, doesn't mean they can't be.

From there, you can use your custom team in Road to Backbreaker mode. This mode is unlike anything seen in a modern football video game, because it follows a format totally unlike the NFL's. Notes Donald, "We wouldn’t have been able to do it with a license on board." In Road to Backbreaker, you start in an easy league, then play your way into ever more advanced ones. It has more in common with progression in Mario Kart than Madden.

Of course, the big question is whether or not Backbreaker is better than Madden, for all its interesting angles. Will its unorthodox approach and innovative engine score points with football fans? And are they hungry enough for the gridiron that they can overlook the lack of a real NFL license? We'll find out on June 1, when Backbreaker takes the field for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
Front page on yahoo. Good buzz right here. This and Madden football is religion!
 8 years ago '06        #142
rag621 
space
space
$8,260 | Props total: 0 0
I haven't decided if I'm a get this game (still waiting on ps3 demo), but I smiled when I seen this pic:

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #143
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
 rag621 said:
I haven't decided if I'm a get this game (still waiting on ps3 demo), but I smiled when I seen this pic:

[pic - click to view]

you only smiled cause you didn't see the score detroit lions-35 vs. green bay packers-0
 8 years ago '07        #144
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
f**k this gm, where the f**k is the ps3 demo??
 8 years ago '06        #145
rag621 
space
space
 carden2 said:
you only smiled cause you didn't see the score detroit lions-35 vs. green bay packers-0
a video game would be the only way that'll happen nowadays. But I'm a let you do ya thing (been seeing your posts concerning the Pack in the SC), cause I know it's all you got when it comes to the Lions.
 8 years ago '05        #146
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
superstar mode in madden and this are similar except backbreaker lacks any kind of depth. also the control for passing are f**ken kidding me after you master the lob pass the s**t is f**ken easy. but as for short gain s**t it's a cluster f**k of players and you have to time and use the joystick. s**t was pretty weak. the run game is pretty neat except the camera gets turned around on you pretty easy. you move way to fast too. i mean it doesn't seem real how you can take a pitch 7 yards behind the line and go 20 yards out and still turn the corner and make it a few yards. s**t feels really f**ken odd to me. i won't be playing any more. im just going to wait for ncaa 2011 :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '07        #147
KoolBreeze 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,767 | Props total: 5966 5966
still no ps3 demo?
 8 years ago '04        #148
# 58 
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 100 100
^^^^nope....looking like next week

they did tweet that it would take a week or two
 06-02-2010, 07:38 PM         #149
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
THIS.

s**t.

IS.

WACK.
 8 years ago '04        #150
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
lol did anyone actually purchase this ?
 8 years ago '04        #151
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,155 | Props total: 9563 9563
im thinking about coppin
my bull stationed in hawaii for the navy hit me up today talking about get the game b/c its mad fun
i trust his opinion so i might get it tomorrow when i get paid
idk yet....
 8 years ago '06        #152
rag621 
space
space
I bought it this afternoon, but I haven't decided to open it yet (which I do with every game I buy). Been hearing/seeing good and bad things bout this game.

Still continuing my hope of a fundamentally sound football game, post 2k8. But I'm willing to substitute fun for boring bs (Tiburon) in this case.
 8 years ago '05        #153
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
its fun if your dont get your hopes up for a football sim..consider it a next gen Blitz...I play for big hits and runs and s**t..not a NFL sim.....
 8 years ago '07        #154
space
space
I bought it. Its straight. Gameplay is fun. Definitely worth a rental. I'll have a review up when i stop being lazy.
 8 years ago '06        #155
rag621 
space
space
my initial impressions:

I f**ked up....
 06-03-2010, 06:38 PM         #156
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rag621 said:
my initial impressions:

I f**ked up....

Just came back from Gamestop with 60 bucks in my muthaf**kin hands, feeling like a winner.

I suggest you do the same.
 8 years ago '06        #157
rag621 
space
space
 GhostDigga said:

Just came back from Gamestop with 60 bucks in my muthaf**kin hands, feeling like a winner.

I suggest you do the same.
I'm a give it another try. I understand why people don't like that camera, now. s**t just makes everything look like a big mess. I'm fine with it being directly behind the QB, but I can't see the receivers running their routes. All these interceptions reminds me of Madden 08. But the thing that pissed me off (besides the very small, basic playbook) was: I had a receiver open & I'm tapping the button to throw (was trying out both controller layouts) and this n*gga refuses to release the ball and the defender ended up doing some super leap to sack me.

So Gamestop letting people return this opened? If I don't like it after I try it again, I'm gonna see if they'll give me a full refund. If not, I'll have to pretend like I just wasted my money on a new Madden.
 8 years ago '04        #158
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,155 | Props total: 9563 9563
im screamin
even the customization cant sway me to cop this

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #159
space
space
Yo, AFCNorth whats your xbox tag lets play online mine is Capn Vyse. I done made UT, A&M, Tech, OU, OK St so far. Imma make the big 12!

Last edited by CadillacVyse; 06-04-2010 at 06:14 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #160
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
 CadillacVyse said:
Yo, AFCNorth whats your xbox tag lets play online mine is Capn Vyse. I done made UT, A&M, Tech, OU, OK St so far. Imma make the big 12!
its just Afnorth..not afcnorth....I'ma texan fan ...I aint made no real teams yet im too lazy..we can try to play online probably sunday when I'm not playing road to back breaker mode

GT is Filthy Mcgrimey
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy