Boston Red Sox

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #581
trill jackson 738 heat pts738 OP
space
space
$18,850 | Props total: 13301 13301
 aclockworkred71 said:
This is pretty fu*king awesome.

After staying up till 2 watching a 15 inning marathon we come in to Baltimore tired as fu*k and put up 15 runs, meanwhile the Rays after emptying the pen at 2 am face a rested Yankees team and has them by the balls.

Sox are the sh*t. Staring a 2.5 lead right in the eyes.
you are a better fan than i am staying up watching a 16 inning scoreless game. i nodded out early
 6 years ago '05        #582
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 trill jackson said:
you are a better fan than i am staying up watching a 16 inning scoreless game. i nodded out early
sh*t I was at the game till midnight, had to leave since it was a 1+ hour drive home and I had to get up for work at 4:30. Made it home just in time for the top of the 16th, saw the end a little after 2, went to sleep and got up and went about my day 2 hours later. Needless to say, I was tired as fu*k last night
 6 years ago '07        #583
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Yeah i just couldnt stay awake for that sh*t. I got pissed after the 11th when we had bases loaded

And Adrian going through that post-hr derby slump...sucks
 6 years ago '05        #584
BoSox84 
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Yeah i just couldnt stay awake for that sh*t. I got pissed after the 11th when we had bases loaded

And Adrian going through that post-hr derby slump...sucks
That's when I started heading to the gates I was like "Man, we didn't score there, it's over in the bottom half." I'll take the win though :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '07        #585
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
That's when I started heading to the gates I was like "Man, we didn't score there, it's over in the bottom half." I'll take the win though :dancingcool:
same exact thing i was thinking.

so sean mcadam said this AM on the radio, that the Sox are NOT leaning towards beltran because of the 6 million he would be owed, probably still ma dover giving jd 14 mil, cameron 15 mil....who do we go after?

we dont need hitting, but i think we absolutely need pitching. i'd love to see us go after Adams or Bell, but that could cost a lot. I still think Lowe could come fairly cheap though
 6 years ago '05        #586
BoSox84 
space
space
If we go after somebody from the Padres, I want Adams
 6 years ago '07        #587
space
space
dont look now...andrew miller :dancingcool:

im watching via gamecast on yahoo 4 down, 5 to go
 6 years ago '07        #588
space
space
catcher broke it up

nice jynx, Keith
 6 years ago '05        #589
BoSox84 
space
space
 6 years ago '10        #590
space
space
i like the kuroda japanese guy from the dodgers. he'd be a good fit
 6 years ago '10        #591
space
space
lackey versus king felix is a matchup i'm uncomfortable with
 6 years ago '07        #592
space
space
Great article on espn boston

Updated: July 23, 2011, 7:38 AM ET
For Sox, streaks spell success
With Pedroia, Ellsbury, Bard and Lackey hot, Boston hits 60-win plateau at record pace
EmailPrintComments
By Joe McDonald
ESPNBoston.com
Archive

Red Sox Hand Mariners 13th Straight Loss
Baseball Tonight looks at the Mariners
BOSTON -- Baseball is built on streaks. When players and teams can build on those, it creates consistent success and the Boston Red Sox are in the midst of that right now.

Not only did the Red Sox improve to 60-37 this season with a 7-4 win over the Seattle Mariners Friday night at Fenway Park, but Boston is streaking right now, having won 15 of their last 18.

The Red Sox reached the 60-win plateau in their 97th game, which is the fastest Boston has done so since 1979 (95th game). The only other times the Red Sox have reached 60 wins at an earlier date were 1912 (July 19), 1946 (July 17) and 1978 (July 16).

[+] Enlarge
Mark L. Baer/US Presswire
On Friday, John Lackey won his third consecutive start for only the second time this season. "I thought he was tremendous," said Sox manager Terry Francona.
Starter John Lackey won his third consecutive outing Friday, Dustin Pedroia extended his hitting streak to 19 games, Jacoby Ellsbury and Kevin Youkilis continued their offensive surge, while reliever Daniel Bard pitched his 23rd consecutive scoreless inning.
Lackey struggled mightily in the first half of the season, but the right-hander has been pitching well his last three outings. He won his third consecutive start for only the second time this season after working seven innings and allowing one run on eight hits Friday night.

"I feel good, man," he said. "I'm not going to get too far ahead of myself."

Lackey struck out four and threw 101 pitches (68 for strikes), while improving to 8-8.

"I thought he was tremendous," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "He really pitched."

Since Lackey doesn't like to talk about his pitching performances -- good or bad -- he was asked to discuss whether he thought Pedroia's hitting streak trumps Bard's success.

"Man, I don't know. It's a push I guess," Lackey said. "They've both been pretty damn good. They're fun to have on your team. Bard's stuff is just electric. He just comes into the game and gets things done pretty quick and pretty efficient. Pedey's a grinder and when he was struggling earlier on you knew it was going to come because the guy works too hard and plays too hard. It's coming and coming big for us right now."

Pedroia ended the night 3-for-3 with a walk, two runs scored and a stolen base. During his current streak he's hitting .390 (32-for-82) with seven homers and 16 RBIs. Overall, he's hitting .299 and is on the cusp of reaching the .300 mark for the first time since April 22. In fact, he dipped as low as .235 between then and now, but it's clear he's now in the zone.

"I'm just trying to have good at-bats and get on base," Pedroia said. "I've said all along that I get paid to get on base for Adrian [Gonzalez], Youk and David [Ortiz], so I'm trying to do that the best I can."

Bard was needed to stop the bleeding with two outs in the top of the eighth and extended his scoreless streak to 23 innings. After Lackey's outing, lefty reliever Franklin Morales allowed three runs on three hits, including a home run by Seattle's Mike Carp in the eighth. That's when Francona signaled for Bard. The right-hander needed just three pitches to end the inning -- and continue his streak.

More On The Red Sox

Gordon Edes and the rest of the ESPNBoston.com team have the Red Sox covered for you. Blog
"I'm just focused on getting the next hitter out every time," Bard said. "If it keeps going, then great. I know it's going to come to an end at some point."

Baseball players are strange in the sense that they'll enjoy a teammate's streak, but when it comes to their own they would rather not talk about it.

"He's been great all year," Pedroia said of Bard. "We've leaned on him a lot."

Bard also wasn't surprised by Pedroia's success.

"He's the same player the entire time I've played with him," Bard said. "He doesn't allow slumps to linger too long. He works his way out of them. Even when he was struggling and the average was down in May and part of June, he was still a productive player. He still plays great defense every day, which is what [pitchers] care about and in the late innings that's huge. He gives you effort all the time and we appreciate that as teammates."

Bard has made tremendous strides each season since he arrived on the scene in 2009. The right-hander has always been productive, but this season he's been unhittable. He's been able to throw all his offspeed pitches for strikes and has total command of his blazing fastball. Even when he does fall behind in counts, he's been attacking the zone.

"It's impressive to go that long without giving up any runs," said catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

Up and down the lineup, on the mound or in the bullpen, the Red Sox are getting contributions from just about every player. And as easy as it is to focus on Pedroia and Bard, what Jacoby Ellsbury has been able to do this season has been amazing.

Ellsbury is enjoying a torrid pace at the plate. He went 2-for-5 on Friday, including a solo home run, and he's now hitting .407 (31-for-76) with 13 extra-base hits, including seven home runs and 16 RBIs, in his last 17 games.

"He feels good about himself and he's very dangerous right now," Francona said. "Players go through those spurts where they're not just hitting singles. He's hitting the ball out of the ballpark, and that may not continue at this rate, but it sure has been nice and he's been huge, helping us win games."

But Lackey delivered the biggest streak of the night. His three wins in a row, at a time when Jon Lester (lat strain) and Clay Buchholz (back strain) remain on the DL, have been crucial.

"He's done an unbelievable job," Saltalamacchia said. "Every time I'm catching him I have a blast back there because I know he's going to give me everything he's got."

Fortunately for the Red Sox, Lackey's on a roll

Joe McDonald covers the Red Sox and the Bruins for ESPNBoston.com.
 6 years ago '07        #593
space
space
Bards on fire
Pedroias on fire
Ellsbury on fire

What do you guys think Ellsburys MVP chances are?

I cant believe that sentence was just made....never thought he would be as good as he is right now :wow:
 6 years ago '10        #594
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Bards on fire
Pedroias on fire
Ellsbury on fire

What do you guys think Ellsburys MVP chances are?

I cant believe that sentence was just made....never thought he would be as good as he is right now :wow:
theo better not expect this guy to sign for peanuts. crawford just got 142 and theres not a single thing crawford does better than ells. plus he's 28 so don't expect him to come cheap like pedey lester and the other guys
 6 years ago '05        #595
BoSox84 
space
space
I'll always have the utmost respect for Wake and what he's been for this franchise man. I really hope he passes as*hole Clemens on the all time Red Sox wins list
 6 years ago '07        #596
space
space

[pic - click to view]

just another win
 6 years ago '07        #597
space
space
Hitting from the cleanup spot, Dustin Pedroia did everything but hit a home run, finishing 4-for-5 with three runs and an RBI.
Pedroia had two singles, a double, and a triple en route to a 13-9 win. As a result, he is back over .300 (.304) for the first time since April 22. Why? Because he has hit safely in 23 straight games, 34 of 35, and 41 of 43. Pedroia is one notable reason why the Red Sox have won 18 of their last 22 contests.
 6 years ago '05        #598
BoSox84 
space
space
Pedey k!lls it in the cleanup spot man, just keep him there
 6 years ago '10        #599
space
space
this f*g lackey already got us in 3-0 hole in the 1st inning against the royals. nobody is asking him to be roy halladay but is keeping your team in the game too much to ask for? kc sucks what's the problem?
 6 years ago '10        #600
space
space
ells and pedey back to back homers. they might have to start calling it the top of the slaughter instead of top of the order the way these guys are going. it's a crying shame the worst pitchers get the most run support though
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
65 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
34 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
88 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy