Lets pretend Marshall Mathers never picked up a pen

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-10-2010, 09:17 AM         #41
ATF Fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 01seay said:
Real Talk.

No offense to Eminem but rap would have kept goin' on.

I truly believe that Eminem hasn't contributed anything that has influenced rap to the point where its worth mentioning.....besides the people in his camp...50 cent, dre, d12, etc
I get what your saying. I mean he has had some influence in the rap game as far as bringing light to hip hop with more white people, but that's where it ends. Hip-Hop radio stations never really play his music unless he's got a new single out. And even then it's not really the listeners asking them to play it, it's the record label. At clubs and parties, you never EVER hear his music being played. No hood you pass by will ever be playing his music on the block or in the whip. It's like he pretty much doesn't exist to anyone other than the suburbs and with white people. Not to say that some black people don't listen to him either, but you know what I'm saying.
 8 years ago '07        #42
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
clearly nas lost
 8 years ago '07        #43
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
What Em really did was help push rap even more into the mainstream by giving white people their hero. He's like Rocky Marciano to them, they love to see a white person compete with other blacks and out perform them.

I do respect Em tho, once he got in the game he did his own thing and didn't try to copy all of the other rap acts out there. I was never a fan of his material, but the dude has skills for days and I always respected his grind. Its just sad that he has a legion of stans that believe he's the greatest gift to hip hop and is better than everyone else and can't spit a half-ass or wack rhyme.
 8 years ago '07        #44
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 D.S.O.M. said:
A lot of you white people would still be listening to wack groups like LIMP BIZKIT
a lot of you black people wouldnt be so bitter because there would actually be a BLACK goat....(NAS)
 8 years ago '05        #45
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 tmitch19 said:
*Looks @ ur screenname.. Ur avy and ur join date*....

8 years ago '07        #46
DaKid730 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 677 677
 QualityRecords said:
8 Mile was actually pretty good, and for a lot of people it was the first time being introduced to rap battles/cyphers. So thats pretty big for hip hop. Without Em there would be no 50, no G-Unit, no D12, Obie etc. Also Dr. Dre wouldn't be AS popular as he still is even though he hasn't dropped an album in over 10 years.

To me taking away what I consider a top 5 rapper would change a lot of things in hip hop.
1- if 8 mile was the first time being introduce to rap battles/cyphers your not a hip hop head

2- Eminem didnt discover 50 he just signed him 50/ Gunit buzz was huge way b4 em
 8 years ago '07        #47
DaKid730 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 677 677
 Mr. Snowman said:
a lot of you black people wouldnt be so bitter because there would actually be a BLACK goat....(JAY)
*Fixed
 8 years ago '05        #48
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
 DonPurple said:
i liked 8 Mile
So did I, but it's not the best hip hop movie ever...
 8 years ago '04        #49
greggmb18 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$536 | Props total: 380 380
Dr. Dre's 2001 would not have been a classic
50 Cent/G-Unit/ The Game would never have been household names
Dr. Dre would not be as big as he is no and there would be no Detox

But the biggest of all is that a lot of people would never of gotten introduced to hip hop. I myself am white and 24 years old and besides a little tupac here and some jay-z there i never really listened to hip hop until the marshall mathers lp. This opened my eyes to rest of rap. for the past 10 years I have expanded my listening to because of Eminem. It was the first time that I could actually relate to rap and not think that it was aimed at another demographic.

So yes it may have been a racial thing that opened rap up for many people but it is also a blessing to other rappers because their sales have been way up since 1998. Eminem brought a breath of fresh air to rap and also brought millions of new fans too
 8 years ago '05        #50
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
Everything would be way better. no more crackers in rap. And we wouldnt have to deal with all the s**tty a.ss music he has done in his career.
 8 years ago '07        #51
Itzike 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 407 407
 DaKid730 said:
1- if 8 mile was the first time being introduce to rap battles/cyphers your not a hip hop head

2- Eminem didnt discover 50 he just signed him 50/ Gunit buzz was huge way b4 em
I dont think he's saying 8 Mile was the first to introduce rap battles, but it did for a mainstream audience. For a lot of people (generally speaking, non-blacks), they were introduced to rap battles by 8-Mile. Mainly hip-hop heads were familiar with rap-battles, but 8-mile brought rap battles to the mainstream audience, mainly whites.

but i do believe his impact on the game has been special. companies try their hardest to find another eminem, and it aint happenin.

Last edited by Itzike; 05-10-2010 at 10:06 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #52
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
nothing wuld change dumbass
 05-10-2010, 10:09 AM         #53
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaKid730 said:

Real spit, people just dont know what there talking about....50s buzz was huge off of how to rob, he had mad people coming at him with deals, he was drake before drake (in terms of people wanting to sign him)
 8 years ago '06        #54
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
Everything would be way better. no more crackers in rap. And we wouldnt have to deal with all the s**tty a.ss music he has done in his career.
And n*ggas would be listening to this bulls**t like soulja boy and drake without having a breathe of fresh air.

The racism in this thread is thick today. Blacks stay salty.
 05-10-2010, 10:19 AM         #55
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^actually most fans of em are teenage boys and women, you know the same ones listening to soulja boy and drake
 8 years ago '06        #56
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
 THE TAKEOVER said:
Real spit, people just dont know what there talking about....50s buzz was huge off of how to rob, he had mad people coming at him with deals, he was drake before drake (in terms of people wanting to sign him)
This is true (surprisingly). But no way 50 hooks up with Aftermath/Dre if it weren't for Em (maybe later on his career, but it wouldn't be the same). Fif probably woulda signed with a s**tty label who wouldn't have known how to market him and made that great first impression. No Em = no real link between 50 and Dre = no In Da Club= no classic GRODT= no superstar out of the gate.
 8 years ago '09        #57
Xx Tecca xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,358 | Props total: 0 0
asher roth would blow up
 8 years ago '09        #58
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,706 | Props total: 6200 6200
Without Eminem and Dres help there is no way in hell 50 was selling over 20 million worldwide with his 1st 2 albums or even half that,lets just nip that one in the bud.Lol at anyone comparing the buzz surrounding the release of Get Rich to Drakes album.

^If it wasnt for Eminem Dres career would of fizzled out 10 years ago.

Infinite is no classic but with a mimimal budget it was decent and showed a lot of signs of skill but not a complete artist and one who lacked direction.
 05-10-2010, 11:56 AM         #59
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ em making 50. I guess by that logic, Dre made em. And @ dres career fizzling without eminem. My god man, do you believe the bulls**t you type?

Last edited by THE TAKEOVER; 05-10-2010 at 12:02 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #60
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,107 | Props total: 1547 1547
 DaKid730 said:

1. If you're directing that at me personally, I didn't say it was the first time I was introduced to it. But for most people, and I'm including people that didn't really listen to hip hop it was their first introduction to it.

2. I didn't say Em discovered 50 but because Em and Dre co-signed him he was on the cover of every magazine and his buzz grew to a level that I have never seen before. If you went to the magazine section of a store back in late 2002 or early 2003 you would see at least 5 or 6 different magazines with 50 on the cover and most of them had Eminem and Dr. Dre on there as well.

Also another point I just thought of, 8 Mile came out just before 50's album, and in fact I believe Wanksta was put on the 8 Mile soundtrack so that was huge for 50's buzz as well.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now