Nas and Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (2010)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rate Distant Relatives.
5 mics Classic album 251 65.03%
4 mics Dope album 97 25.13%
3 mics Average album 18 4.66%
2 mics Disappointing album 6 1.55%
1 mic Straight garbageeee 14 3.63%
Voters: 386. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #101
morjorie24 
space
space
space
$511 | Props total: 7 7
classic!
 8 years ago '05        #102
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
This is good a.ss music but its not really my kinda s**t. prolly wont listen a whole lot.
 8 years ago '10        #103
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
I gave it a 4 for "dope", the test of whether it is a classic or not will come 4-5 years from now and if I still listen to it and think "thats dope". It is looking like it will though since it has that quality that usually means it has a lot of replay value..that quality is that it gets better with every listen. I've had it since I copped the CD last week and listened to it everyday. I usually buy digital, but I had to have the physical of this one, even though I wasnt expecting all that much. I'd also tried to not listen to the leaks. The only song I had really heard was "As We Enter".
I have been pleasantly surprised by this album. After the disappointment of the "Wu Massacre", I thought this album might produce 4-5 solid songs and then some mediocre songs. But its turned out to be an album I can play back to back and production wise is a beautiful mix of genres. Both Damien and Nas do their thing and play to their strenghts e.g. no Nas trying to rock a jamaican accent....like he says "he speaks patois, I speak rap star".
Brilliant album, puts B.O.B to shame. So far this and "Left Back" from Little Brother have been the bright spots in an otherwise very boring and disappointing year so far with hip-hop albums.
 8 years ago '04        #104
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
 knowlege bass said:
I gave it a 4 for "dope", the test of whether it is a classic or not will come 4-5 years from now and if I still listen to it and think "thats dope". It is looking like it will though since it has that quality that usually means it has a lot of replay value..that quality is that it gets better with every listen. I've had it since I copped the CD last week and listened to it everyday. I usually buy digital, but I had to have the physical of this one, even though I wasnt expecting all that much. I'd also tried to not listen to the leaks. The only song I had really heard was "As We Enter".
I have been pleasantly surprised by this album. After the disappointment of the "Wu Massacre", I thought this album might produce 4-5 solid songs and then some mediocre songs. But its turned out to be an album I can play back to back and production wise is a beautiful mix of genres. Both Damien and Nas do their thing and play to their strenghts e.g. no Nas trying to rock a jamaican accent....like he says "he speaks patois, I speak rap star".
Brilliant album, puts B.O.B to shame. So far this and "Left Back" from Little Brother have been the bright spots in an otherwise very boring and disappointing year so far with hip-hop albums.
yeah good points but i kinda feel like BoB did his thing tho...he was a little o.d. with the singing but overall i think it was a great first album effort. Either way it isnt f**kin wit distant relatives tho
 8 years ago '09        #105
Xx Tecca xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,358 | Props total: 0 0
production>>>nas
 8 years ago '05        #106
dzuki77 
space
space
$1,442 | Props total: 66 66
Yo you can tell all the music was made in the studio with live instrumentation, thats why it dont sound like the s**t we always hearing on the Radio. I think the music is what makes this album even special however Nas and Damian Marley are the best at what they do and their lyrical content and message is why this album is straight 5 Mics. People wanna hate but honestly it dont get no better than this. "Teflon love for my dudes who solid..." dont hate for no reason
 05-26-2010, 02:32 AM         #107
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5/5 - one of the freshest and nicest albums to come out in a while.
 8 years ago '04        #108
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
Dispear>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Track is hard!!!!!!!!!!
 05-27-2010, 05:30 AM         #109
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
dope video
 05-27-2010, 05:38 AM         #110
little ms riot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN. This is a good first single. Lol @ them creeping in with flashlights at the beginning. Props.
 8 years ago '07        #111
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,741 | Props total: 159 159
Already got my copy

Last edited by Tony_Stylezzz; 05-27-2010 at 07:22 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #112
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7

[pic - click to view]

05-29-2010, 09:40 AM         #113
blackflaem  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tribes at war is my favorite but overall great album
 8 years ago '08        #114
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,004 | Props total: 19909 19909
 Mathematic said:

[pic - click to view]

see you there....
 8 years ago '06        #115
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,753 | Props total: 3691 3691
 Bea5T said:
another classic from nasir
& damien.

Something told me they was gonna hook up after that jamrock album track... this album is just... crazy. Rare gem.
 06-02-2010, 11:21 PM         #116
Hjones253  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks
 06-02-2010, 11:58 PM         #117
ngoogs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's probably been said to death already, but i'm of the opinion that this album is an INSTANT classic. Besides "My Generation," there isn't a sub-par cut on this album. Friends and Africa Must Wake Up are my two personal favorites, but its close I like them all.

Nas & Damian Marley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 8 years ago '04        #118
byrdoe 
space
space
$639 | Props total: 1 1
yea...........................................
 8 years ago '09        #119
brownbeauty4 
space
space
$227 | Props total: 0 0
thanks
 8 years ago '07        #120
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
OMG NAS WON...he's gets GOAT spot for this...which emcee has the ability to get on an album with reggae royalty and come with this much substance.

and Jr. Gong...reggae legend, filling his fathers shoes nicely
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy