Nas and Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (2010)

most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
56 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rate Distant Relatives.
5 mics Classic album 251 65.03%
4 mics Dope album 97 25.13%
3 mics Average album 18 4.66%
2 mics Disappointing album 6 1.55%
1 mic Straight garbageeee 14 3.63%
Voters: 386. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-16-2010, 10:54 PM         #61
little ms riot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Today's favorite is Tribal Wars. Does K'Naan have any other tracks out there? I like his voice and delivery.

Nas and Damian Marley's chemistry in this album is off the charts. This is prolly the best album collaboration eveeeeeeeeeer.

Damian Marley >>>>>>>>>>>> Stephen Marley
 05-16-2010, 11:29 PM         #62
ReeferStan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
music from the soul, nothin better IMO. ive been bumpin this s**t all day. its rare to be blown away right off the bat when listening to a new album these days. you know you got something special when its too hard to pick your favorite track. lyrics are unbelievable throughout.

when i first heard they were doing this, i figured it would be an album with a couple dope tracks but get old quick. everybody has different taste, but i think the production is absolutely perfect. the background is what makes them blend so well IMO

5 mics
NaS is the goat

Last edited by ReeferStan; 05-16-2010 at 11:30 PM..
 05-16-2010, 11:54 PM         #63
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ElMarroAfamado said:
i really really like this album it sounds a little too african for me at times
and being that im not black it makes it hard to engage but the lyrics cancel that out

i cant deny how great this album is

definite buy

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?
 8 years ago '06        #64
DrockSteady 44 heat pts44
space
space
$5,974 | Props total: 2 2
wooooooooooowwwwwww 5 mics? yall work for the source huh?

i gave it a 3 cuz ive only listened to it once so ima give it more spins but 5!?

alot of d*ck riders in here
 8 years ago '08        #65
Ramses 
space
space
$251 | Props total: 0 0
Classic for sure but I hoped they would have had a suprise guess appearence from Lauren Hill.If anyone could snatch her out of retirement I would think these two would have done the job.
"AFRICA MUST WAKE UP,I WISH THAT WE CAN GO TO LOWER KEMET".

Last edited by Ramses; 05-17-2010 at 12:00 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #66
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
5/5 :cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '04        #67
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,623 | Props total: 8 8
Stephen > Damian...I cant believe anyone would think else wise

Stephen sounds like Bob, but better.

This cd is OK, beats are wack

but "Friends" > anything else out right now

other than that I like the promised land, I wish they woulda done some more rub dub.
 05-17-2010, 12:24 AM         #68
little ms riot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ That's just it, Stephen is too much like Bob. Damian is like the modern version for me.
 8 years ago '04        #69
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
I want the people who gave it a 1 or 2 to justify their rating. We are all entitled to our beliefs, but how can anyone with a working set of ears not at least give this a 3-4?

I gave it a 4/5
 05-17-2010, 07:52 PM         #70
Stayburnin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 matelyan said:
I want the people who gave it a 1 or 2 to justify their rating. We are all entitled to our beliefs, but how can anyone with a working set of ears not at least give this a 3-4?

I gave it a 4/5
yea i wanna hear what they have to say.when i made this thread i only listened to it once so i didnt realize how good it is but now after hearin it so many times i feel like i shouldnt have even included 1 or 2 mics in the poll cuz whoever voted for that is either jokin or didnt actually listen to the album.

why couldnt more music be like this. this album is so deep and inspirational. nas is a rap genius imo. this was the perfect album for him to do. he needed to switch it up a lil bit and that reggae touch worked perfectly. nas k!lled every song, there wasnt one weak spot on the album. BUY THE ALBUM, SUPPORT GREAT MUSICCCCCCCCCCCC
 8 years ago '09        #71
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 DrockSteady said:
wooooooooooowwwwwww 5 mics? yall work for the source huh?

i gave it a 3 cuz ive only listened to it once so ima give it more spins but 5!?

alot of d*ck riders in here
3star c'mon son :lachen001: i guess that's your opinion
distant relative is critically acclaimed weather you like it or not:greetings10::greetings 10:

Last edited by Ash10; 05-18-2010 at 06:11 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #72
TheAnswer1313 
space
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 93 93
I didn't rate it. If I did it probably be somewhere between 3 and 4. I enjoyed it more then I thought I would.

That being said, I can understand someone giving it a star or two. It's their opinion. People have different taste in music. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. That's what makes music great.
 8 years ago '07        #73
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
wow...

I ain't gonna hate cuz I thought the album was great and is worthy of 5 mics but 181 voters? I mean damn, why can't we get these numbers when it comes to voting other albums? The Reflection Eternal album only has 34. Even The Badu album only has 79 and that has been one of the hottest joints all year. So whats up?
 8 years ago '04        #74
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,763 | Props total: 6171 6171
i copped it today at Target dude behind the counter was like yo this is liek the hottest cd selling right now I might have 2 listen to it..and other people in line started talkin about how they heard about it sayin its doin pretty well in sales but we'll see

Anyway, the artwork and the booklet is pretty tight and I'm glad they posted the lyrics in the pamphlet. Nice historic pics and great facts about certain ancient leaders and figures
 8 years ago '06        #75
jj01 
space
space
$44,986 | Props total: 4706 4706
copped today, that poster is piff

was diss the bonus track wasnt on here tho, had to dl and throw it on the pod.
 8 years ago '10        #76
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
5 Mics , no question.
 8 years ago '08        #77
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159

[pic - click to view]

Dopeness, go support that
 8 years ago '06        #78
1-MC 
space
space
$1,126 | Props total: 229 229
Apparently, there's a limited edition copy of the album. I pre ordered that copy, but it doesn't come out until next Tuesday, for some strange reason. Has anybody heard about this? Not sure what it consists of, but hope it comes with a DVD, or maybe some extra tracks. I haven't heard the album yet. Am waiting till I cop it.
 8 years ago '08        #79
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
 1-MC said:
Apparently, there's a limited edition copy of the album. I pre ordered that copy, but it doesn't come out until next Tuesday, for some strange reason. Has anybody heard about this? Not sure what it consists of, but hope it comes with a DVD, or maybe some extra tracks. I haven't heard the album yet. Am waiting till I cop it.
probably gonna go buy the album tomorrow, but s**t I want that limited edition copy you're talking about
 8 years ago '06        #80
1-MC 
space
space
$1,126 | Props total: 229 229
Couldn't find links to a limited edition copy online. I ordered it from a store in my area and they offered me the limited edition copy. They're not sure either as to what it consists of,
but I know it'll be worth the wait . . With whatever it may be.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
86 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
24 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
180 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy