most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-10-2010, 06:29 AM         #121
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bronchoe fans = gayest on bx
 8 years ago '05        #122
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,830 | Props total: 213 213
 StateProperty88 said:
lets not get it twisted though homie him having a "good work ethic" isnt the only reason why he gets hyped so much. fact of the matter is this guy have 2 national championship a heisman trophy and was a finalist for it once or twice more and is one of the greatest college players ever. dont just act like him being white is why he gets so much hype

and furthermore...there are plenty of athletes that dont have good work ethic, such as allen iverson, derrick coleman, etc. s**t michael vick went on 60 minutes and talked about how he had s**tty work ethic. dont act like every athlete has a great work ethic because thats just not true
if you read my original post i said clearly there are some athletes that have poor work ethic such as jamarcus russell, etc but the greats are great because they have a good work ethic. you think kobe just lies around in the offseason, or derek jeter, or any other great player in any sport. of course some playes aren't going give a f**k, but usually those are the players that are on the bench or just old enough to know what they can do to get by

vince young had better/comparable stats in college but there wasn't that much fuss about his work ethic, same with reggie bush coming out. you only heard about how athletically gifted he was, not that he worked his a.ss off to get to where he is.
 8 years ago '04        #123
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,079 | Props total: 6141 6141
 chctynig2804 said:
thats like choosing Trent Dilfer over Brett Favre...Favre has lost GB a TON of games but he also won them a ton as well...crazy how Denver fans turned their backs on Cutler the second he was shipped out...i really dont care what you say Cutler>>>Orton, and u spit all that stuff about Orton doin this and that better than Cutler when he only won 8 games this past season and got progressively worse as the season wore on...Cutler threw 26 INTs last season without a real receiving threat and they still won 7 games, they prolly would have won 3 or 4 tops if Orton did that..
When cutler was in denver you would watch games just waiting for an interception. Yes he made some crazy throws but he also made throws that made you go crazy. Maybe some denver fans loved him but I was one that hated watching him play because of all his dumb decisions. Something you would think that bears fans got to witness first hand last year. Cutlers problem is he cant read defenses and he has no idea what it means to throw the ball away. Instead under pressure he would rather force the ball and end up throwing an interception.

Orton did what he had to do last year. He only lost us one game in the season which was against pittsburgh. He will never put up 400 yd games like Cutler did in denver but hes also not going to have any 4 interception games. Like I said pure talent wise Cutler is better but when you throw in the intangibles needed at the QB position I would take many QBs over him including Orton because they wont put your team in bad situations with dumb decisions that could easily be avoided
 8 years ago '04        #124
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,079 | Props total: 6141 6141
 Pistol Peter said:
lol this dude k1 told me that every qb on the broncos roster is better than cutler...even tim tebow who a few weeks ago he said he would break his tv if they would draft...the bronco fans here delusional..they use to make threads about cutler being better than manning and now he isnt even better than brady quinn ...they took the loss like a mad ex-girlfriend
only person who used to make threads about Cutler being a beast was K1. Dont group us all together because of one fan making threads I never once made a Cutler thread
 8 years ago '07        #125
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 NoLedge18720 said:
only person who used to make threads about Cutler being a beast was K1. Dont group us all together because of one fan making threads I never once made a Cutler thread
you all look alike to me
 8 years ago '05        #126
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,892 | Props total: 8414 8414
 lilwheezy said:
if you read my original post i said clearly there are some athletes that have poor work ethic such as jamarcus russell, etc but the greats are great because they have a good work ethic. you think kobe just lies around in the offseason, or derek jeter, or any other great player in any sport. of course some playes aren't going give a f**k, but usually those are the players that are on the bench or just old enough to know what they can do to get by

vince young had better/comparable stats in college but there wasn't that much fuss about his work ethic, same with reggie bush coming out. you only heard about how athletically gifted he was, not that he worked his a.ss off to get to where he is.
that couldnt be further from the truth homie, their stats arent even close to being comparable. young had 38 passing touchdowns in his whole career, tebow had 32 passing touchdowns in 2007 young had 26 rushing touchdowns his whole career, tebow had 23 in 07. so really young's career is comparable to tim tebow's 2007 season.

like i said homie you are dealing with one of the greatest college football players EVER and thats a big reason why its so much hype around him, but its something that you bypass because you want to make race a prominent issue in this when all the qb's that were drafted this draft are white but tebow got the most coverage.
 8 years ago '05        #127
lilwheezy 
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
that couldnt be further from the truth homie, their stats arent even close to being comparable. young had 38 passing touchdowns in his whole career, tebow had 32 passing touchdowns in 2007 young had 26 rushing touchdowns his whole career, tebow had 23 in 07. so really young's career is comparable to tim tebow's 2007 season.

like i said homie you are dealing with one of the greatest college football players EVER and thats a big reason why its so much hype around him, but its something that you bypass because you want to make race a prominent issue in this when all the qb's that were drafted this draft are white but tebow got the most coverage.
can somebody up that thread that had tebow compared to young and leinart please (found it ) and second of all the greatest college football player ever in your opinion was ranked by many draft experts as the 4th best qb in this draft class.

and how am i making race a prominent issue when i'm white myself. the work ethic is only brought up when the person lacks the talent needed. how many football games will tim tebow win as a starter?

after all, he's the best college football player of all time and has the best work ethic the media has ever seen

BCS Bowl Game records that Vince Young holds:

Most Total Yards
467-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Rose, Jan. 4, 2006 (267 pass, 200 rush)

Most Total Yards, Championship Game
467-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Rose, Jan. 4, 2006 (267 pass, 200 rush)

Most Touchdowns Responsible For (TDs scored and passed for)
5-Vince Young, Texas vs. Michigan, Rose, Jan. 1, 2005 (4 rush, 1 pass)

Most Rushing Yards, Championship Game
200-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Rose, Jan. 4, 2006 (19 attempts)

Most Rushing Yards By A Quarterback
200-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Rose, Jan. 4, 2006 (19 attempts)

Most Rushing Yards By A Quarterback, Championship Game

Most Rushing Yards Per Attempt (min. 15 attempts)
10.53-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Jan. 4, 2006 (19 for 200)

Most Rushing Yards Per Attempt, Championship Game (min. 15 attempts)
10.53-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Jan. 4, 2006 (19 for 200)

Most Rushing Touchdowns
4-Vince Young, Texas vs. Michigan, Rose, Jan. 1, 2005

Most Rushing Touchdowns, Championship Game
3-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Rose, Jan. 4, 2006

Most Pass Completions, Championship Game
30-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Rose, Jan. 4, 2006 (40 attempts)

Most Passes Without An Interception, Championship Game
40-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Jan. 4, 2006

Highest Completion Percentage, Championship Game (min. 20 attempts)
.750-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Jan. 4, 2006 (30 of 40)

SCORING
Most Points Scored
24-Vince Young, Texas vs. Michigan, Rose, Jan. 1, 2005 (4 TDs)

Most Points Scored, Championship Game
20-Vince Young, Texas vs. Southern California, Rose, Jan. 4, 2006 (3 TDs, 1 2-pt. conversion)

Last edited by lilwheezy; 05-10-2010 at 01:21 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #128
space
space
 lilwheezy said:
can somebody up that thread that had tebow compared to young, leinart, and bush please and second of all the greatest college football player ever in your opinion was ranked by many draft experts as the 4th best qb in this draft class.

and how am i making race a prominent issue when i'm white myself. the work ethic is only brought up when the person lacks the talent needed. how many football games will tim tebow win as a starter?

after all, he's the best college football player of all time and has the best work ethic the media has ever seen
dont up the thread...look at the stats

how is that comparable? PLEASE explain to me how that is comparable. not to mention 2 national championships and a heisman, dont have blind hate toward the guy. he is getting a lot of this hype because of what he accomplished in college.
 8 years ago '08        #129
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,743 | Props total: 11629 11629
Damn Cutler went from being better then Phillip Rivers to bein an average quarterback:lachen001:
 8 years ago '05        #130
lilwheezy 
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
dont up the thread...look at the stats

how is that comparable? PLEASE explain to me how that is comparable. not to mention 2 national championships and a heisman, dont have blind hate toward the guy. he is getting a lot of this hype because of what he accomplished in college.
ok, so two national championships where one he wasn't even the starting qb and "Looking at all of Tebow's rushing TD's and he has 18 1-yard TD runs, 9 2-yard TD runs, and 6 3-yard TD runs. That means well over 1/2 of his TD runs were from 3 yards or less and almost 1/3 were 1 yard runs. As where most QB's would hand to a running back in these situations, Tebow calls his own #. This has allowed him to break several SEC records held by great running backs.
It is also probably the reason he won a Heisman Trophy when he went 9-4 the year after his team had won a National Championship with a different starting quarterback."
 8 years ago '05        #131
lilwheezy 
space
space
and you're comparing 2 years of vince young at qb to 4 years of tebow actually playing

of course he's going have better numbers and more td's. what kind of f**ked up logic is that
 8 years ago '05        #132
space
space
 lilwheezy said:
and you're comparing 2 years of vince young at qb to 4 years of tebow actually playing

of course he's going have better numbers and more td's. what kind of f**ked up logic is that
did you read what i said a couple post ago? young's career numbers are only a little better then what tebow did in 2007. so i guess you meant to say that young's college numbers are comparable to tebow's 2007 season?
 8 years ago '05        #133
space
space
and btw tebow had damn near 900 yards rushing in 07, young had a little over 1000
 8 years ago '05        #134
lilwheezy 
space
space
you still have yet to answer my question, how many games will the best college player ever who also possesses the best work ethic win in the nfl?
 8 years ago '05        #135
space
space
 lilwheezy said:
you still have yet to answer my question, how many games will the best college player ever who also possesses the best work ethic win in the nfl?
what does this question have to do with ANYTHING we have been debating about? at first you say that this guy is getting overhyped because he has "good work ethic", and that guys like vince young have "comparable stats" (by the way you still havent shown how they have "comparable stats") but have had less hype and then you pull some dumb a.ss question like this.

seeing as though i dont have a crystal ball i have no f**king idea how many games tebow will win, NOBODY DOES. people can try to act like geniuses and give you a number but in all actuality nobody knows how good this guy is going to be. that remains to be seen.
 8 years ago '04        #136
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,344 | Props total: 11266 11266
 RAZAH CUTS said:
Ray Ray with a keen observation....

white folks want Tebow to succeed so bad it ain't even funny...

coaches bend over backwards for most blue chip recruits during high school and college, not usually in the pros....
edit:

EVANGELICAL white folks want Tebow to succeed so bad it ain't even funny...
there are plenty of white quarterbacks, BUT not one co-signed by GAWWWWWWWWWD!

Last edited by rasheedwallace; 05-10-2010 at 02:58 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #137
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 Pistol Peter said:
lol this dude k1 told me that every qb on the broncos roster is better than cutler...even tim tebow who a few weeks ago he said he would break his tv if they would draft...the bronco fans here delusional..they use to make threads about cutler being better than manning and now he isnt even better than brady quinn ...they took the loss like a mad ex-girlfriend
lol I was just trying to get under your skin jack a.ss

NoLedge18720 said:
I admit I thought Cutler was going to fix the problems he had and accelerate into the next level but I was clearly wrong and I admit that and since than hes regressed so much, he just can't read defenses, locks onto recievers stares them down, never looks off the safety, his mechanics never got better, and he lets things get under his skin to easily.

I was so wrong and I am an idiot for thinking he was a beast, I was a victim amazed by some of the throws he made with his rocket arm and writing off his mistakes as young rookie type mistakes.

THE TAKEOVER said:
bronchoe fans = gayest on bx
sorry but that honor belongs to you guys

any fan base that has retarded a.ss wepainters and you the punjabi Jay-Z d*ck rider I think that alone gives you guys that title. Sad because some Eagles fans on BX are cool and actually make great points in their posts, but you two bring the whole fan base down....

Last edited by K1; 05-10-2010 at 04:58 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #138
thaillest719 
space
space
$2,310 | Props total: 50 50
Why people getting so sensitive. Ray lewis wasnt saying that he didnt like Tebow as a person he had just never seen that kind of help for a person coming into the draft. I agree and so does alot of other people who have been watching football for decades.

If you reverse the roll with Mike Vick people knew he had problems in college and coming out but nobody spent the time to train him or mentor him like they did Tebow.
 8 years ago '05        #139
space
space
 thaillest719 said:
Why people getting so sensitive. Ray lewis wasnt saying that he didnt like Tebow as a person he had just never seen that kind of help for a person coming into the draft. I agree and so does alot of other people who have been watching football for decades.

If you reverse the roll with Mike Vick people knew he had problems in college and coming out but nobody spent the time to train him or mentor him like they did Tebow.
you are arguing apples and oranges. tebow is getting help with football related things (i.e. throwing mechanics) which is something that PLENTY of football players do. mike vick not getting help with his personal problems is irrelevant in terms of what ray lewis was referring to as well as the help that tebow is receiving.

like i said before how is what tebow doing any different then someone hiring a trainer, or a strength and conditioning coach, or someone hiring someone to improve their combine performance to get drafted higher (which is something plenty of draftees do as well)
 8 years ago '04        #140
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 thaillest719 said:

@ this, cmon man you honestly think people just went to Tebow and did this s**t for free? Tebow admitted he wanted to change his game up and hired these people to help him.

I don't get why people bring up other QBs especially Vick who never wanted to change his game for the pros, and again your comparing him to Tebow why ? Nobody trained him or mentored him because he didn't ask to be.

All athletes train the same way you seen Tebow train on TV they all go to speed camps pre-combine camps to improve their results at the combine, Tim is not unique in that sense, but not many top rated or big time college QBs come out and want to change and change their whole throwing motion and throwing mechanics thats why it was such a big deal, sure hes not the first to do it but he is one of the best college football players ever so its kind of a big deal and thats why the media has the spotlight on him.

Last edited by K1; 05-10-2010 at 05:10 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy