Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
7259 pageviews
150 comments

Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Ray Lewis "shocked" by the help Tim Tebow has received

We've previously pointed out that Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow could spark contempt and resentment in an NFL locker room. Recent comments from Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis hone in on one of the specific potential sources for the hard feelings players may have for Tebow.

That Tebow is somehow better or more worthy than the rest of them.

Asked by ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd whether Lewis was shocked by the media attention on the Tebow story prior to the draft, Lewis said (via NFL.com), "The thing I was more shocked by is you see all the people who were willing to help him. I don't know many people who were willing to help other athletes like that. Jon Gruden loved him to death. You see all these people who took out their personal time to really work with him and make this big issue, big issue, big issue. I don't know why he was any different than anyone else. Every young child has that dream, that same dream that Tebow had. So I don't know why he was bigger . . . than any of the other guys.

"He went to a big program, and, yes, he might be a favorable person, but nobody else in the league, definitely not veteran players, see themselves differently than any other player."

Though Lewis stopped short of saying that this will make Tebow a target of opposing defenders (the Broncos play at Baltimore on October 10), Tebow's bigger concern should be ironing out any hard feelings that may arise in his own locker room, where others may not be thrilled by the budding love affair between Tebow and the fan base and/or Tebow and the head coach, who proclaimed this week that Tebow has the "it" factor.

Again, it all comes down to how Tebow handles himself. And though others might see Tebow "differently than any other player," we don't believe Tebow carries himself in a way that suggests that he sees himself differently. And we think that if Tebow handles himself the way he always has, he'll win his teammates over and, in time, his foes.

150 comments for "Ray Lewis "shocked" by the help Tim Tebow has received"

8 years ago '04        #2
jwhizkid 
space
space
$2,055 | Props total: 17 17
let's go black hawks! but it's not his fault that the media gives him attention and people wanna give him attention. when the season starts we'll see who's right and who's wrong.
 8 years ago '07        #3
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 BrownBag said:
tebow is not better then orton
lol and you cant say that about many other qb's compared to orton
 8 years ago '05        #4
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86 OP
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Looks like everybody fell in love with this dude's personality and work ethic more than what he can actually bring to a NFL team on the field. Great college player don't get me wrong, but the NFL is a whole different level. I see a Danny Wuerffel with running ability in Tim Tebow.
 8 years ago '06        #5
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
he should mind his own f**kin business plain and simple. U win all those heismans and national titles ppl are gona help u. lil crybaby

but nobody else in the league, definitely not veteran players, see themselves differently than any other player."
really ray???? from the guy who got off a murder charge? stfu

edit - there's no source but I remember hearing about this elsewhere

Last edited by beantown; 05-07-2010 at 09:40 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #6
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 727 727
that means ray lewis or suggs is gonna give him one of those "welcome to the NFL b**ch" type hits watch and see..
 8 years ago '04        #7
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,325 | Props total: 2476 2476
tebow is a cash cow if he can produce...its that simple ray
 8 years ago '05        #8
darulersback 
space
space
$2,813 | Props total: 15 15
I kind of lost respect from ray on this one. The situation is totally different (religion) and the hate this guy receives is massive. tebow carries himself like any other person...with his head high and his mind clear. i HATED tebow when he was at Florida but now im like hes an alright guy. This guy has been scrutinized beyond belief. i dont think its a "love affair" between him and the world, i just think people are tired of negativity always being put forward in our faces instead of positivity. tebow is a role model right now. i mean people look up to these athletes and they have so much dirt but they still wanna be praised...i mean look at the n*gga whos f**kin talkin...
 8 years ago '04        #9
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
I don't watch football, but I heard this guy was like one of the best in College... So why was he drafted so late?
 8 years ago '07        #10
Tmac225 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,978 | Props total: 462 462
Let's see if everybody gon take time out to work with pryor next year when he come out
 8 years ago '08        #11
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
Welcome the LeBron James of the NFL...
 8 years ago '06        #12
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18895 18895
Ray Ray with a keen observation....

white folks want Tebow to succeed so bad it ain't even funny...

coaches bend over backwards for most blue chip recruits during high school and college, not usually in the pros....
 8 years ago '05        #13
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,472 | Props total: 3356 3356
 Russ369 said:
I don't watch football, but I heard this guy was like one of the best in College... So why was he drafted so late?
A great college player doesn't automatically make a great NFL player. There was a lot of criticism about his throwing mechanics and the offense he played in. He had a long throwing motion in college and played out of the shotgun at Florida.

He wasn't drafted late though, he was actually drafted a lot sooner then most thought.

RAZAH CUTS said:

coaches bend over backwards for most blue chip recruits during high school and college, not usually in the pros....
Don't bring race into this because that has nothing to do with it. I'm Puerto Rican and I want him to succeed.

Last edited by Stupendamatic; 05-07-2010 at 12:05 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #14
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 darulersback said:
I kind of lost respect from ray on this one. The situation is totally different (religion) and the hate this guy receives is massive. tebow carries himself like any other person...with his head high and his mind clear. i HATED tebow when he was at Florida but now im like hes an alright guy. This guy has been scrutinized beyond belief. i dont think its a "love affair" between him and the world, i just think people are tired of negativity always being put forward in our faces instead of positivity. tebow is a role model right now. i mean people look up to these athletes and they have so much dirt but they still wanna be praised...i mean look at the n*gga whos f**kin talkin...
Co-Sign.........I dont think Tebow has received any more help than any other QB prospect that needed some "fine tuning" on his mechanics. Tebow is just such a big name that his every move is magnified and scrutinized that much more. Other guys get advise improving technically and fundamentally also, they just dont have a camera crew following there every move.
 8 years ago '04        #15
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 RAZAH CUTS said:

why does it matter about race for wanting a guy to succeed? its bulls**t enough that people don't want him to succeed already and he hasn't had one pro game under his belt. I hope he does so he can shut all these hating a.ss people up. What are you going to say if he does well the in time he play this season?
 8 years ago '05        #16
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
I agree but what got me is that on both boards from McShay & Kiper, Tebow was the 5th ranked QB behind Bradford, Clausen,McCoy & Pike, they never featured Pike, but ESPN tried there best to get him drafted as high as he did
 8 years ago '04        #17
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 RAZAH CUTS said:

yea, since the league is starving for a white quarterback to succeed
 8 years ago '08        #18
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
he's right tho...think about all the black QB's who had similar style to Tebow (Run First, Pass Second) coming out of college, who were pretty much written off right away, like f**k u, u dont have the mechanics or techniques to be a QB in this league and just changed their position...but Tebow gets madd preferential treatment, has all these coaches n trainers tryna change his mechanics and turn him into a QB...s**t's a double standard
 8 years ago '04        #19
Dimone293 
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 1 1
ray soundin like a hater oh u mad ray????
 8 years ago '10        #20
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,523 | Props total: 9900 9900
Tebow had that we will play hard speech

and his "intangibles" were off the scale...

with that said...

n*ggas gone try n take his head off if he plays this season for all the love hes getting..
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy