>>>Official HTC EVO Thread<<<

most viewed right now
 218
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 147
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 135
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 91
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #861
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 716 716
 Dj KraZ said:
anyone still having battery issues?
Nope...everything is cool now. I think there was a problem initially because the phone had to get acclimated to the new flash feature. Now it's about the same as it's always been battery wise...at least for me that is.
 7 years ago '07        #862
Gunner 
space
avatar space
space
$987 | Props total: 730 730
Officially in the EVO club...got my s**t yesterday. I was debating on the Epic or EVO. I am happy with my pick. :cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '06        #863
whatuknow 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$565 | Props total: 108 108
 Dj KraZ said:
anyone still having battery issues?

Im still having issues with my battery. Since froyo update it drains my battery fast...I went to a sprint store and they gave me another battery. so now i have 2 batteries but still dying fast with hardly any usage.
 7 years ago '04        #864
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
have you tweaked any of your update intervals??? cause i know it went back to factory after the update to 2.2... my battery has been fine... stopped usin a task manager and everythin... cant complain too much about the life cause i use my phone pretty much all day...
 7 years ago '05        #865
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Anyone from South Florida area have this phone?

If so, I have two questions:

1. Is the battery life really that bad? (I guess any of you can answer this regardless of location)
2. How is Sprint's 3G/4G network in comparison to AT&T?

I have AT&T (iPhone 3GS but my contract is officially over now) but I want to switch over to Android, and I'm really tempted. My main concern is the network.... I need at least 3G coverage consistently. I get that with AT&T.
 7 years ago '04        #866
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1012 1012
I used to travel to Hialeah for work and I never had a problem with Sprint's network when I worked down in Cutler Ridge. Yes the battery life is down right awful especially if you have 4G turned on. All I work is a Laptop pretty much all day so I just keep a USB cable and a car charger handy.


Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 09-17-2010 at 05:22 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #867
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
avatar space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
Ok errbody, there are 2 things I haven't figured out.

1) Is there ANY way to make the flash not so bright? I'll be takin' pics at night and it's makin a mufukah look reflective and s**t. I mean I know I'm white n all but I do have a tan lol.

2) When linked with FB, the photos and everything are way old. They don't update, even on a daily basis. Is there a setting I gotta change to make it pull it at least once a day?

props for the help
 09-16-2010, 11:40 PM         #868
Takeheed313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just got the evo and it is way better than the iPhone..... I can't keep my hands off of it!!!!
 7 years ago '04        #869
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
 Takeheed313 said:
I just got the evo and it is way better than the iPhone..... I can't keep my hands off of it!!!!
Root that bad boy and you will really love it. Just did mines a few days ago for the first time since I had it (which was launch day) and I feel like I have a whole new phone:dancingcool:
 7 years ago '07        #870
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 J2hott23 said:
Root that bad boy and you will really love it. Just did mines a few days ago for the first time since I had it (which was launch day) and I feel like I have a whole new phone:dancingcool:
im thinking about getting this phone in the near future. What can u do if its rooted
 7 years ago '04        #871
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
 smj_724 said:
im thinking about getting this phone in the near future. What can u do if its rooted
Damn near anything you want. It basically makes it super customizable compared to the already great customizing you can do with a stock Evo. The free wifi tethering is my fav feature along with the battery control options to get my battery lasting way longer than stock. Its just so much you can do when you root it that when you actually do it you wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
 7 years ago '07        #872
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 J2hott23 said:
Damn near anything you want. It basically makes it super customizable compared to the already great customizing you can do with a stock Evo. The free wifi tethering is my fav feature along with the battery control options to get my battery lasting way longer than stock. Its just so much you can do when you root it that when you actually do it you wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
damn, is it a pretty simple process to root it?
 7 years ago '04        #873
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
 smj_724 said:
damn, is it a pretty simple process to root it?
At first when I was reading up on it it seemed very difficult to do but, then I watch these 2 Youtube vids on how to do it and it was very simple. Just watch the vids and pause them after each step that the guy tells you and you will be fine.


Part 1

[video - click to view]


Part 2

[video - click to view]

 7 years ago '04        #874
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1012 1012
 J2hott23 said:
At first when I was reading up on it it seemed very difficult to do but, then I watch these 2 Youtube vids on how to do it and it was very simple. Just watch the vids and pause them after each step that the guy tells you and you will be fine.


Part 1


Part 2
Two questions with that, one being will I lose all of my downloaded apps if I do this and two can you root the newest firmware. It seems so much more difficult than jailbreaking an iPhone, but I've done my fair share of softmods to various hardware so I will hopefully be fine, I just don't wanna brick my s**t.


Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 09-17-2010 at 05:22 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #875
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1012 1012
One other question for anyone. Is there anyway for you to set up your email notifications so that it only notifies you one time when the email first comes in? I get a ton of work emails a day so during peak hours my phone checks every 15 minutes, but it seems like if they are unread you'll just keep getting the same notification alert every time it does it's check until you read the email which becomes extremely annoying especially when I've already read it on my laptop.
 7 years ago '04        #876
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
 kuruption said:
Two questions with that, one being will I lose all of my downloaded apps if I do this and two can you root the newest firmware. It seems so much more difficult than jailbreaking an iPhone, but I've done my fair share of softmods to various hardware so I will hopefully be fine, I just don't wanna brick my s**t.
I believe that there are apps in the Market that you can use to back up your free apps. There is one called App Brain that i've heard about that does this. All paid apps are connected with your G-mail account so after you root you just re-download them again for free. As far as the firmware goes I don't really know the answer to that but I believe mines is updated. Now as for you bricking your phone, you should not run into that problem if you follow the vid step by step and pause when needed.
 7 years ago '06        #877
whatuknow 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$565 | Props total: 108 108
 Gmitch528 said:
have you tweaked any of your update intervals??? cause i know it went back to factory after the update to 2.2... my battery has been fine... stopped usin a task manager and everythin... cant complain too much about the life cause i use my phone pretty much all day...


yeah i tweaked everything but I found out what the problem was why it was draining so fast. I had 2 different battery widgets going at the same time. I deleted the irrelevant one and i get a whole day out of a single charge.

I appreciate that
 7 years ago '06        #878
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,216 | Props total: 31 31
anybody did that one click root?
 7 years ago '04        #879
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$15,090 | Props total: 4101 4101
Anyone else have problems with their phone? I just got this phone on Friday and sometimes I don't get text messages and emails until later on in the day. Anyone know what's causing this. I searched it on google, but couldn't find s**t.
 7 years ago '04        #880
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1012 1012
 nitetrain8601 said:
Anyone else have problems with their phone? I just got this phone on Friday and sometimes I don't get text messages and emails until later on in the day. Anyone know what's causing this. I searched it on google, but couldn't find s**t.
Emails, you might want to check and see how often you have the phone check for/download them. I usually have my s**t set to every 15 minutes during business hours. Texts, I have no Idea. Mine come through just fine.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 50
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 31
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 16
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 14
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy