>>>Official HTC EVO Thread<<<

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #581
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
yall see they got an updat bein pushed out startin monday... i had to go back to radio shack today... gone end up exchangin my phone... i cant take bein on it with that cracklin s**t in my ear...
 7 years ago '04        #582
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
anybody know where i can get this clock? or what its called?

[pic - click to view]

06-25-2010, 12:55 AM         #583
Brand0n031 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bluedawgalex said:
anybody know where i can get this clock? or what its called?

[pic - click to view]

looks like "beautiful widgets" clock to me
 7 years ago '04        #584
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
thanks
 7 years ago '08        #585
nikko2152 6 heat pts
space
space
$550 | Props total: 0 0
 Gmitch528 said:
yall see they got an updat bein pushed out startin monday... i had to go back to radio shack today... gone end up exchangin my phone... i cant take bein on it with that cracklin s**t in my ear...
What are you talking about
 7 years ago '04        #586
thekingpin2004 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$336 | Props total: 1 1
 7 years ago '04        #587
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
$17,711 | Props total: 15 15
 bluedawgalex said:
anybody? i know i cant be the only one that would like a customized black swype keyboard with red traceline to match the colors on our evos
that would be nice.. if you get it, let me know!

i really appreciate that swype keyboard you sent me. s**t works great. and it's definitely the way to go with a touch screen phone
 7 years ago '04        #588
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
 bluedawgalex said:
someone at xda came thru for me with the red/black swype i gotta say im happy :D

[pic - click to view]

any chance i can get this too?
 7 years ago '04        #589
biggz 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,919 | Props total: 6443 6443
Do I have to backup the phone before i root or am i safe without doing the backup? Sorry for asking all these rookie questions
 7 years ago '07        #590
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,741 | Props total: 159 159
^ I would always back up my phone before doing anything like that.
 7 years ago '04        #591
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
 biggz said:
Do I have to backup the phone before i root or am i safe without doing the backup? Sorry for asking all these rookie questions
if you root with that unrevoked thing, it only roots apps so you dont have to wipe the phone. if you do a full root, you have to recover the phone so you'll lose everything unless you back it up
 7 years ago '04        #592
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
Froyo coming soon for the evo??

Your Sprint EVO may be getting a Froyo fix sooner than you think. In recent news Sprint has taken it upon themselves too, in other words revive their company. Lowering their everything plans releasing new Android phones and offering the first 4G network. Sprint has simple stated “stepped it up”. This marketing model has seemingly worked for Sprint as they are seeing more and more users on their network, with other contracted consumers seriously considering a switch based on the impressive specs of Sprints new flagship device the EVO 4G.

Sprint announced today that they will be issuing the much anticipated Android Froyo update to the EVO 4G in the very near future. The a.ssumption here is that when Verizon and Motorola announced their Droid X, Sprint indeed took notice. Shortly after the announcement of the Droid X, Google proceeded to issue the source codes for Froyo. So not to be out done by the new Motorola monster, Sprint will be issuing the new operating system in the very near future and is using the leverage of Froyo to keep up the interest on their beloved EVO 4G. For all intensive purposes it seems that the tactic falls in line with their before mentioned plan and will most surely work.

The Froyo update in case you have not been keeping up will essentially install the new Flash Player 10.1 as well as giving the user the ability to save applications to external memory. An expert from Sprints official statement reads; “As work on finalizing the software is underway, Sprint expects to launch Android 2.2 in the near future. It will also be available as an upgrade on the recently launched HTC EVO 4G”. The statement goes on to detail some of the changes the update will provide, these consist of updates to the user interface or UI, improvements to EAS support, updates to the phones browser which include the renowned Flash player. Also with the update comes voice dialing via your Bluetooth and my personal favorite, storing applications on your SD card.

The Froyo update for the Droid and Droid X are expected around July and August, however you can bet your bottom dollar that Froyo will make it to the EVO 4G sooner than that.

Are you an EVO user? Are you looking forward to the new OS on your EVO?

7 years ago '05        #593
kkkid 176 heat pts176
space
space
$3,711 | Props total: 739 739
 kkkid said:
Evo will get Froyo (2.2) in July.
 Gmitch528 said:
source?
This was in the works since the launch day of the Evo.

I forget who but I believe it was an HTC rep that said 2.2 would be coming before July ends.

uncfan888 said:
Froyo coming soon for the evo??

Your Sprint EVO may be getting a Froyo fix sooner than you think. In recent news Sprint has taken it upon themselves too, in other words revive their company. Lowering their everything plans releasing new Android phones and offering the first 4G network. Sprint has simple stated “stepped it up”. This marketing model has seemingly worked for Sprint as they are seeing more and more users on their network, with other contracted consumers seriously considering a switch based on the impressive specs of Sprints new flagship device the EVO 4G.

Sprint announced today that they will be issuing the much anticipated Android Froyo update to the EVO 4G in the very near future. The a.ssumption here is that when Verizon and Motorola announced their Droid X, Sprint indeed took notice. Shortly after the announcement of the Droid X, Google proceeded to issue the source codes for Froyo. So not to be out done by the new Motorola monster, Sprint will be issuing the new operating system in the very near future and is using the leverage of Froyo to keep up the interest on their beloved EVO 4G. For all intensive purposes it seems that the tactic falls in line with their before mentioned plan and will most surely work.

The Froyo update in case you have not been keeping up will essentially install the new Flash Player 10.1 as well as giving the user the ability to save applications to external memory. An expert from Sprints official statement reads; “As work on finalizing the software is underway, Sprint expects to launch Android 2.2 in the near future. It will also be available as an upgrade on the recently launched HTC EVO 4G”. The statement goes on to detail some of the changes the update will provide, these consist of updates to the user interface or UI, improvements to EAS support, updates to the phones browser which include the renowned Flash player. Also with the update comes voice dialing via your Bluetooth and my personal favorite, storing applications on your SD card.

The Froyo update for the Droid and Droid X are expected around July and August, however you can bet your bottom dollar that Froyo will make it to the EVO 4G sooner than that.

Are you an EVO user? Are you looking forward to the new OS on your EVO?

7 years ago '05        #594
kkkid 176 heat pts176
space
space
$3,711 | Props total: 739 739
Update coming next week?

[pic - click to view]

Word on the street is that Sprint and HTC are hard at work on a software update for the EVO 4G that would start rolling out on the 28th, next Monday. If true, this would be the phone's second update overall -- the first was pushed in concert with the launch in order to fix microSD issues -- and like the first, this one is designed to squash bugs, it seems. We're told this one will "enhance" WiFi (whether that means 802.11n will be enabled, we're not sure), fix some Exchange issues, and improve battery life, all of which would be welcome improvements. Of course, a Froyo update would be even more welcome, but we're just going to have to keep our expectations in check here for the time being.
 7 years ago '04        #595
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
if you root your phone using unrevoked, can you still download updates for the phone as they come out? like the froyo update when it is available?
 7 years ago '04        #596
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
 nikko2152 said:
What are you talking about
i think i have a bad speaker in my phone... cause on high volume it crackles like crazy..
 7 years ago '04        #597
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
mine doesn't do that at all

even with the hearing aid thing enabled just so i could see how loud it could get
 7 years ago '04        #598
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 1562 1562
I just got mine Last night (thx bro & dad!!!) this thing is crazy its like the cliq but the interface is WAY sharp and functional I cant get over how many apps come with this thing OMG best phone ever, I'm putting some ringtones and social network notifications on it now! EVO + android 2.1>>>>>
 7 years ago '04        #599
biggz 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,919 | Props total: 6443 6443
Ok, I tried to root my phone by doing the steps in the video that was posted.

"I am trying to root my phone, I saved the file PC36IMG.zip onto my evo. Restarted – and as soon as the phone read the file, the screen reverted to the five options (fastboot, recovery, clear storage, simlock, hboot usb). Thus, I never see the screen at minute 3:30 in the youtube video.
Any suggestions?"

I am having the exact same problem as that person.
 7 years ago '04        #600
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
I'm still not even able to do the HTC Sync. I've installed from disk and it still says disconnected. lol f**k it
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy