>>>Official HTC EVO Thread<<<

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #561
bdogg81 1 heat pts
space
space
$433 | Props total: 0 0
i know i've been calling stores statewide daily, this is just nuts that there still out of stock
 7 years ago '06        #562
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,988 | Props total: 10659 10659
for the $100 rbeate do u need to order online?If not does best buy and sprint do the rebate or just one or the other?Also with the frame rate issue is their any choppiness or lagging when watching video or playing games?Would really be annoyed if i was tryin to watch a movie and it was in slow motion
 7 years ago '04        #563
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 174 174
Best buy does it in store, so does radio shack.... i think the framerate issue was with the camcorder in the phone.. i have yet to view a video on a tv so i cant answer that.. it doesnt look bad when youre looking through the phone..
 7 years ago '05        #564
BONZ! 14 heat pts14
space
space
$3,336 | Props total: 532 532
How do u get worldstar....please
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '06        #565
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
good look on the answer...i was over at phandroid though and i keep seeing posts like this

After 2 weeks of use...my screen did come lose at the bottom with light leakage. I was still within my 30 day return with BB & and I returned it today. I am now waiting to get a new one!
i know they give u 30 days to try the phone and can return to get ur money back but if the s**t breaks and u intend on using it does the 30 days matter even if u don't have insurance?Seems like their should be a manufactures warranty that would cover it regardless of having insurance on the phone or being under the 30 days
 7 years ago '06        #566
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
looks like xda hacked it so it's not capped at 30fps
 7 years ago '04        #567
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
They also have wireless n support too
 7 years ago '06        #568
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
best buy got some in today (15-20) but my name ain't that high on the list and they wouldn't tell me where i'm at.Like wtf can i get an estimate....am i 30 on the list..50...100 like come on.Said people got 24 hours to pick them up if they don't come they'll move down the list
 7 years ago '09        #569
Extort you 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,335 | Props total: 353 353
finally got mine took long enough but its a huge upgrade from what i had previously had (mt3g) love it so far
 7 years ago '04        #570
biggz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,996 | Props total: 6654 6654
i got mines today also
 7 years ago '04        #571
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
Question.... does anyone get a crackling noise in their ear when they have the phone at the highest in call volume?? Its not terrible on mine but just enough to annoy me. I listened to my friends evo and his did it way less than mine
 7 years ago '04        #572
biggz 31 heat pts31
space
space
I am a noob to android so what is the point of rooting? I am scared to brick my s**t
 7 years ago '04        #573
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
 biggz said:
I am a noob to android so what is the point of rooting? I am scared to brick my s**t
use unrevoked.. it will let u do mostly anything except uninstall the sprint applications..thats what im using until i learn more about rooting..

it will also let u enable wireless tethering without paying sprint 30 bucks for the hotspot..

Last edited by bluedawgalex; 06-24-2010 at 02:18 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #574
thekingpin2004 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$336 | Props total: 1 1
the best app for me
 7 years ago '04        #575
space
space
space

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #576
nikko2152 6 heat pts
space
space
$550 | Props total: 0 0
Is there a video editor app that allows me to edit video in the phone
 7 years ago '04        #577
biggz 31 heat pts31
space
space
Props for the video but can someone explain the point of rooting and what is the difference of having a rooted phone and just leaving it alone
 7 years ago '04        #578
space
space
space
i dont know well i do ask them yourself

[video - click to view]

Last edited by thekingpin2004; 06-24-2010 at 08:10 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #579
space
space
space
***********F.A.Q.***********

Q. What is Rooting?
A. Root is the user name or account that by default has access to all commands and files on Linux, Android or other Unix-like operating system. It is also referred to as the root account, root user and the superuser.

Q. What does Rooting the EVO do?
A. Rooting the EVO, like any other android device, will give you Superuser Access. In other words, you can install/run a program that requires special permission.
For example, if your phone is not rooted, go to the Market and download/install "Wireless Tether for Root Users" by Muller, Lemons, Buxton.
After it's installed, open the program and try to start tethering. (It's a big wifi symbol in the middle of the screen)
You'll get a message that basically says you need root access to run this program.
If you are rooted and try this, you'll get a pop-up "SU Request" that is asking if you want to grant permission to this program to run. You can "Allow" or "Deny" it access.
Simple right? And of course there are other programs you'll find that also need the same permissions. That's what rooting your EVO does.

Q. What does Rooting the EVO NOT do?
A.If you only root, and nothing else, then;
It does not allow you to remove OEM installed apps. Like Sprint TV or NASCAR or Sprint Navigation.
It does not allow you to install programs on your sdcard.
It does not allow you to install custom roms.
It does not allow you to install newer radios.
To do any of these things, you need to root and go into recovery mode and install a custom rom. Then you'll be able to do these things if you select a custom rom that has what you need.
 7 years ago '04        #580
space
space
space
 biggz said:
Props for the video but can someone explain the point of rooting and what is the difference of having a rooted phone and just leaving it alone
***********F.A.Q.***********

Q. What is Rooting?
A. Root is the user name or account that by default has access to all commands and files on Linux, Android or other Unix-like operating system. It is also referred to as the root account, root user and the superuser.

Q. What does Rooting the EVO do?
A. Rooting the EVO, like any other android device, will give you Superuser Access. In other words, you can install/run a program that requires special permission.
For example, if your phone is not rooted, go to the Market and download/install "Wireless Tether for Root Users" by Muller, Lemons, Buxton.
After it's installed, open the program and try to start tethering. (It's a big wifi symbol in the middle of the screen)
You'll get a message that basically says you need root access to run this program.
If you are rooted and try this, you'll get a pop-up "SU Request" that is asking if you want to grant permission to this program to run. You can "Allow" or "Deny" it access.
Simple right? And of course there are other programs you'll find that also need the same permissions. That's what rooting your EVO does.

Q. What does Rooting the EVO NOT do?
A.If you only root, and nothing else, then;
It does not allow you to remove OEM installed apps. Like Sprint TV or NASCAR or Sprint Navigation.
It does not allow you to install programs on your sdcard.
It does not allow you to install custom roms.
It does not allow you to install newer radios.
To do any of these things, you need to root and go into recovery mode and install a custom rom. Then you'll be able to do these things if you select a custom rom that has what you need.[/QUOTE]
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
29 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy