most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
54259 pageviews
8 comments

youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,792 | Props total: 4740 4740
How Long Does It Take Before Carbs/Sugar turn to Fat

i know if you eat carbs or sugar and your boddy doesnt use them thru excercise that they turn to stored fat

my question is if i eat spaghetti, or french toast, or a cinnabun, how long will it be a useful source of energy before it turns to fat

1 day...2 days....a few hours???

lets say i eat 3 cupcakes.......if i go push weights/ jog 12 hours after eating those cupcakes will my body use the breakdown of the cupcakes as energy or has it already turned to fat in my body

sounds like a silly question but i woke up wondering this

8 comments for "How Long Does It Take Before Carbs/Sugar turn to Fat"

8 years ago '05        #2
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
no one knows??
 8 years ago '08        #3
Jimmy_TwoTimes 
space
space
$280 | Props total: 0 0
I'll take a crack at this.

From what I remember, everyone is different on this but once your body hits an insulin burst (when the remaining sugar is turned directly into fat without being made into useable energy), your insulin levels have to drop down again before it will start burning fat. Dropping them down is a matter of burning all available energy and forcing your body to start using fat as an energy source.

As far as timing is concerned? f**k if I know, but I'd be willing to wager that it's not a couple days unless you have the worlds slowest metabolism.

Also? Don't eat cupcakes, dude. Thank me later. :cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '04        #4
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Thats not how the human body works. There's not a time limit, so its not like you have 48 hours to exercise before what you ate turns to fat. Its based on many factors that differ from person to person based on their metabolism. This is where most people get in trouble when losing weight cause they think "well, I can eat this cupcake if I run fro 68.5 minutes and lift weights for 32.5 minutes." The body doesn't work like that and with those simple carbs, the benifit from your insulin spiking would have most likely worn off about an hour into your 12 hour marathon session. Your body could be storing those cupcakes and breaking down muscle tissue instead within a few hours.

Nothing with the human body is linear. thats why you might eat like crap for 2 weeks and not gain any weight, then the next week get on the scale and gain 4 pounds. And Its not just with carbs, same goes with fat and protein, anytime you eat over what your body can use it stores the excess CAN be stored as fat over time. Thinking in extremes with calories in vs. calories out is a quick path to nowhere.
 8 years ago '05        #5
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
smh@ dude who said "dont eat cupcakes"

damn......thats f**ked up, so when do you get to splurge or eat something "unhealthy" you cant just eat healthy forever
 05-05-2010, 04:36 PM         #6
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngvito18 said:
smh@ dude who said "dont eat cupcakes"

damn......thats f**ked up, so when do you get to splurge or eat something "unhealthy" you cant just eat healthy forever
You can eat healthy forever, you just might not have the willpower. Just because something is healthy doesn't mean it has to taste bad either. Everything I eat tastes great to me so there is no reason to splurge just for taste.
 8 years ago '07        #7
Pedro505 1 heat pts
space
space
$503 | Props total: 2 2
i heard you got like 3 day window to use those carbs consumed ..complex carbs are the preffered ..
 8 years ago '06        #8
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Once it hits your lips...
 8 years ago '10        #9
Jostre 
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 1 1
i was in my biochem class and they were actually talking about this,, from what i remember the process is actually faster then what you might tihnk.

ex, as soon as you have a cupcake,, your body is going to use as much energy it needs from that which is not much and then the rest is stored. but by lengthy exerise or cardio, you starting using and burning that stored energy.

hope that helps a little or makes some sense.

Last edited by Jostre; 05-07-2010 at 02:41 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy